logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 5:30:14 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I was having this discussion in my carpool today of which I just did not know what to say...they say Adam had a first wife before Chavah her name was Lilith then I found this very distrubing and wanted to see what others thought...please understand I do not in any way agree with what I am attaching I just found it interesting.

Quote:
According to the Rabbinic Talmud, Adam had a wife before Eve, whose name was Lilith. Her story seems to have been invented to reconcile the different creation myths of Genesis chapters 1 and 2. In chapter 1, man and woman are created out of the earth; but in chapter 2, Adam is alone, and so God makes Eve from his rib. The rabbis began with the Biblical reference to man's first creation as a bisexual being: male and female He [God] created them [the first human]. Some of the rabbis found in this image something similar to what Aristophanes proposed in the Symposium: a dual bodied being later divided into two who must thereafter seek each other out. But others tried to take into account the later creation of Eve detailed further on in the text. If woman was created from Adam, after his initial creation, than what happened to the female created at first? The answer, according to the Midrash, was that she was Lilith; created with Adam, she refused to comply with Adam's demand that she submit herself to him, and in the end fled from him by using the Ineffable Name. Adam then complained to God about his loneliness, and the creation of Eve followed, together with the Fall and the Expulsion from Eden. Adam, blaming this on Eve, separated from her, and for a time reunited with Lilith, before finally returning to Eve.

Any ideas...I thinks it funny.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:27:36 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
sounds like man trying to reconcile something, making something soo complected, when it doesn't need to be, so they can sleep at night.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline shohn  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:39:07 PM(UTC)
shohn

1.) I saw this on the history channel as well about Lilith. It had the usual downplay of Genesis mixed in and related a concept of how new religions tend to call the old' religions gods evil (i.e., the snake became evil). This is interesting though, I'm sure many of you have seen the various large serpentine formed mounds that are in the Americas. If memory serves they are elsewhere as well. What's with all the snake mounds?

2.) Also, I've actually heard the hermaphrodite thing from another site before. The author was presumably a hermaphrodite and seems to have developed a bit of a relationship with the Father. There was a whole case built up that Yahshua was actually a hermaphrodite as well and this was the way it was in the beginning. I'm not sure how reproduction would occur with this theory though. It was interesting to see it from his point of view though. I say his because he wrote like a guy.

3.) While we are talking about unusual things... it seems like I read somewhere once that the reason the year was 360 days was it actually was 360 days awhile back and then something dubiously referred to as Planet X (perhaps a dark dwarf star) was reported to periodically grace the earth with it's presence and cause all kinds of havoc up to and including adjusting our calendar by 5 days. I haven't done a very good job of checking this out, but supposedly, this planet x thing whatever it is, is recorded in various ancient accounts, and is scheduled to come back at around 2012. That would indeed be one heck of a sign in the sky. A lot of this came from something called the Koin bible whatever that is.

--
Shohn of Texas