logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline knowing1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:21:58 AM(UTC)
knowing1

To All Brothers and Sisters:

My family has been "celebrating" pesach in the Jewish tradition which is to have 2 sedars and eat matzah for a week. For the past 16 or so years we have been hosting the festival feast at our home. More recently, there have been some "Goyim" at the sedar. My bro married a Catholic woman and my wife's cousin is engaged to a Catholic woman as well.

I am designated the "Leader" of the Sedar and usually go through the ritualistic motions of prayers, reading the Hagaddah (Hebrew and English), 4 cups of wine, washing hands, reading the MaNishtanah (Four Questions), etc., etc. Last year, although we went through the usual traditions, I introduced some points on the true meaning of Pesach and The Feast of Matzah. I asked THEM the questions. The responses I got back were pretty disturbing, surprisingly from the so-called "Jews" who should know! The Gentiles were more interested and, quite frankly, more engaging!

Over the years, my eyes, mind and soul have been opening to the light of Yah. This year I would like to give up more of the Rabbinic based Passover traditions and bring the Festival Feast back to where it should be: as the first three steps to the path to Communion with Yah. But I need to do this without turning people away altogether. I plan on going through some of the true scriptural meanings of the Pesach sacrifice, Feast of Matzah, and First-Fruits.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, it would be great to share with all!

The funny thing is (maybe sad thing), those poor souls sitting around the table at my home do not even realize that if they took the time to understand what they are reading and ask questions, the true meaning would fall into their laps!

May Yah bless us who know.

Knowing1

"Selfishness (lust) is doing for oneself without regards for others; True love is doing for others without regards for oneself"

Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:12:19 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi, knowing1.

If I may, I would like to ask you to consider the possibility that performing any of the rabbinic rituals and traditions would be far more displeasing to Yahowah than the fact that others might be offended by your uncompromising stand for the absolute truth. He has told us not to tolerate their doctrine, has He not? Yahowsha' is reported to have said something like, "Any one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is not worthy of the Kingdom." I have come to believe that He was referring to those of us who walk away from man's religious and political systems. If I am correct in my understanding, then wouldn't any participation in the rabbinic traditions of your ancestors be "looking back"?

As I said, I am just asking that you consider the possibility.

Brother, that's a tough one you're facing. May Yahowah give you clear understanding of His will in the matter.
Offline knowing1  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:49:53 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Thanks Flintface!

I hear you my friend. I know how Yah despises and hates these religious rituals. I know what I have to do. I am going to use this set apart festival feast to enlighten those around me as to the true meaning and importance of why we gather at this appointed time to begin with.

If I may ask, and this applies to all who may want to respond, what do YOU do during Pesach, Matzah and Bikkurim?

Thanks.

Knowing1
Offline tagim  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:07:47 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Sadly, as the lone one in my household to celebrate the coming feast, all I will do is reflect, read and ask guidance from Yah through Scripture. There will be nothing formal, for sure, but for sure, I will be thinking of him and respecting his Word. Any advise is certainly welcome. And I will ask of Yah he continually look upon our forum members as honestly and truthfully seeking Him and to help us continue on our path.
Offline pilgrimhere  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:47:31 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
knowing1 wrote:

If I may ask, and this applies to all who may want to respond, what do YOU do during Pesach, Matzah and Bikkurim?

Thanks.

Knowing1

So glad to see this topic posted. Just yesterday, I discussed with my wife that I would like to commit this year to Yahowa’s way of things (as we have never observed any miqra before). There is a great deal of confusion and trepidation with regard to leaving (officially) Christianity and embarking on a journey of discovery of matters we have little familiarity with. My wife agreed with the stipulation that we follow only what is written in Torah and avoiding anything from oral teachings and such. We truly have no idea how to begin observing any of the seven miqra’ey. And honestly, the ‘this year’ commitment is with the anticipation that some confirmation will become apparent to us that we are moving in the right direction. My wife’s primary concern is … simply put, she doesn’t want to kill a little sheep. Bear in mind our comprehension of observing Torah is only beginning to develop.

Thanks to each of you.
Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:33:25 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My wife and I will, 4 days before Passover go shopping for a choice piece of lamb. Not a big fan of matzah bread, so I will probably get tortillas to represent my/our willingness to remove yeast/corruption/sin from our lives. I was asking ppl about removing beer from my fridge since it needs yeast to develope, but through looking into it farther, most yeast is killed or filtered through pasturization process. So thats a toss up for me, but we will this yr try and remove all leavening agents for our house. Last yr I was in a toss up and just remembered to kill yeast/sin in its tracks when noticed. This yr though I will include processed flour products, which will be good for this doughnut eater, all bread, crackers, cookies, chips...basically all the good bad junk food. If I dwindle down my food pantry to just veggies and fruit I should be fine..lol, and if I don't and end up missing something, I think my efforts will still be pleasing to Father.
Twilight on Passover will we fire up our pit. This yr I'm hoping my youngest son and his family join us. He has three boys and they are getting mighty curious about grandpa and grandma. I tell 'em to ask their dad and he will feel them in on the occasion. We will be dressed for a speedy exit. I will be wearing a travelers hat and holding a walking stick if the kids and family do join us, just so the kids will ask me questions. I'll explain the 7 steps we take so we can approach our true Father and that this day represents to us the doorway to eternal life and how Father manifested through Yahowsha becoming the perfect lamb that we will appear to be also, by taking that next step into Matzah. I'll try and explain not a one of us could have done what He did and that is why this day is so wonderful to us. So by my best understanding, we will be observing on the twilight of Apr. 5th. Us adults will take a little wine, dine on the nourishment of the lamb to feed and sustain the family, read a few passages my wife will pick out for us and if any of the lamb is left, we will let the fire consume it till it's gone. At midnight when I fully expect to be alone with only my wife by that time, we will again read some scripture and thank our Heavenly Mother for providing us with the shelter that protects us. And for the next 7 days we will try and be on our best behavior with out diet and thanks. When First Fruits happens, what can any of us say about that, except to rejoice forever more. I like to think about a child that never had a father and mother and all of the sudden getting adopted by the best family there ever was or will be. I can imagine how a child would feel to go from nothing, to having the best Dad in the universe. Will I get it all perfect, not even close more than likely. Will I get it perfect one day? You bet I will, the same time all you guys do.
Bill, I can be with you in thought brother, as often I am any ways. You're a 'cut' above in my opinion.

Just in case some of you that didn't know...

Matzo
Matzo is unleavened bread that has the consistency of a cracker and is most commonly used by Jewish people during Passover. Because matzo is typically made with white flour, it is a simple, refined carbohydrate and should be limited, especially if you have type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high triglycerides, or arthritis. Whenever possible, purchase whole-wheat matzo, which is now readily available and contains more fiber and healthful nutrients than standard matzo. Matzo does not contain yeast, so it is a good bread substitute if you suffer from migraine headaches and have identified yeast as a personal trigger. Matzo and products made with matzo (like matzo meal) contain wheat and therefore should be avoided if you have celiac disease.
Offline Richard  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:44:33 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Fred, I think you've given us a wonderful example of how to conduct ourselves during the upcoming Feasts. Thank you, man!

Bill, I feel for you, brother. How wonderful it will be when we will all be able to celebrate our Father's Feasts together with Him and Yahowsha'!

Knowing1, methinks you've come to the right place.

HalleluYAH!
Offline dajstill  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:19:46 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
knowing1 wrote:

Thanks.

Knowing1

This will be our first. We are going to keep it simple. Maybe try to find a lamb shank. The big thing is going over the Pesach story with our children. I am going to have some arts and crafts for them to do to help them remember the details. We will then read the story in the scriptures.

For Matzah, we won't be cleaning out all of the leaven from our home. However, I am going to be cleaning out all of the obvious "leaven" influences in our home. I have been throwing out all of the Christian and Jewish children's books we have in our home that don't line up with Scripture for any reason. We also had quite a few arts and crafts projects and books that needed to be thrown away since the children are learning Chinese (Chinese New Year was a big deal for their class and they did some crafts we didn't like). Didn't realize the kids learning a new language would mean they are now bilingual in pagan terms!

We are really just going to try and speak to the children about what the Set Apart times are all about and why they are important for us to begin to observe them. Since we have left Christianity - our big thing is going to be explaining to the children what has changed in our lives and why it was important for us to make those changes. We will also be learning how to write YHWH and Yahoshua's name in Hebrew which should be fun for the kids (as well as for us). This will kick off our journey of learning Hebrew as a family which should be fun.
Offline cgb2  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:35:33 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Will be checking to see if intercalendary month needed (barley abib?) and again if 1st and last day fall on weekday request them off from work.

New- Will remove leaven from house and put it out in garage or something, but more contemplate the symbology of leaven still in my life. Haven't focused enough on this in years past (doorway to life, without sin covering...go figure)

Will recite portions of amplified Leviticus 23 (post #26 http://forum.yadayahweh....ipture-Only-Version.aspx) which is rich on the meaning...also others and tie into "last" supper in Matthew.

Again Lamb kabobs and our matza recipe which is more like an oatmeal cookie (add stripes and punches with fork - Isaiah 53 :^).

Chuck
Offline Richard  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:23:29 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Chuck, that's a broken link. Would you be kind enough to resubmit it for us? Thanks!

Wait ... is this it?
Offline knowing1  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:14:36 PM(UTC)
knowing1

Thanks to all of you for engaging!

Like I said, I will try to enlighten all who are at my table and open discussion for the true meaning of the Festivals. Matzah is representative of the removal of sin from our lifes; taking steps to throw out all the crap in our lives. Don't get so caught up in the physical removal of chometz (leavening) from our homes like the blinded religious fanatics do! It's more spiritual cleansing and realizing what Yah did for us through his sacrifice enabling our souls to be immortal. It's about the representation of providing a means out of Mitzrayim (Egypt) representative of our leaving man's corrupt world and entering the pristine, cleansed wilderness to start from scratch through our trust in Yah, and to follow the narrow path He established through the knowledge of the Miqray and the Shabbat.

It's been a wonderful enlightening journey so far coming into true relationship with Yah, I only have started seeing the light about 5 years ago, even though I questioned everything!

Oh, how I pray for the day when those closest to me will come to the light! It is just so frustrating knowing the truth amongst those with their heads in the sand!

It is unfortunate that some of you will not be able to share the experience of Pesach with others and engage in enlightening conversation, but ultimately we will all be together as a family with our Father, Yahwah!

Let's keep this thread going!

I would like to discuss
Offline cgb2  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 1:21:50 PM(UTC)
cgb2

flintface wrote:
Chuck, that's a broken link. Would you be kind enough to resubmit it for us? Thanks!

Wait ... is this it?

Yes that's it, thanks
Nice how you got not only link but to jump down to the post also it's post 27 (oops, I said 26)
Offline Mike  
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:38:31 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I sighted the new moon sliver last night at sunset, it was wonderful and easy to see. The new moon sliver is usually difficult to see because it is usually low on the horizon and often there are clouds. So the first day of Abib began at sunset last night. The new moon sliver was also sighted in Israel according to Karaite Korner and the barley is Abib in the Negev.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/karaite_korner_news/

Here are other new moon reports:
http://www.truthofyahweh.org/moon.htm

So according to my calculations, Pesach (Passover) starts at sunset on April 5, 2012, Matsah (Unlevened Bread) starts at sunset on April 6, 2012, and Bikuwrym (First Fruits) starts at sunset on April 7, 2012.

Shabbat Shalom
Offline FredSnell  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 2:31:13 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Good going, Mike!
You got confirmation. I was reading your post aloud, and I hear my wife push away from her newspaper, she went to her calendar I found out, after I hear her counting. She hollers back to me, "right on the money."
Offline cgb2  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 3:41:41 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Thanks Mike!

Although most important we celebrate and understand, and can be somewhat vague on exact days. I'm trying to harmonize both the deliverance from Mitsrayim and eyewitness accounts of Yahowsha's fulfilment of passover/UL/First fruits, based on following. Curious if anyone can find verses that conflict:

See P/UB/FF as combined and in context of 6+1=7

One eats UB on passover but it is not a high sabbath, where the 1st and last day of UB is.

So passover is one day + 6 UL/FF (eat UB for 7 days)

The lamb was slain "between the evens" meaning between noon and sundown.

The "last supper" was on Pesach (after sundown), but wasn't THE passover meal. Then they left the house for "watch" prior to arrest.

Yahowsha was the also THE passover, slain between the evens, but body taken down and in the tomb before sundown & high/natural shabat of 1st day unleavened. Then the disciples etc left and didn't leave their house until morning. Also others would have been slaying the passover lamb coinciding with Yahowshah being slain. Then they observed sabbath and after were planning embaloming/spices to find he had arisen...do not touch me I have not yet acsended to the Father (as First Fruits wave offering).

So based on this scenario and adjusting to our midnite to midnite calendar:

April 5th sundown/night: meal with unleavened bread and watch late into night.

April 6th daylight: remove leaven from house (or day before?) and prepare passover meal, "slay the lamb between evens" or skewer the lamb kabobs and get 'em on the grill so ready at dark. Not a high sabath so don't need to take off work since quitting time at 5pm and still leaves daylight.

April 6th sundown: Start of UL bread this year and both a high and natual sabbath, thereby removing confusion whether the 7/7 count starts is on sabbath 1st day of UB or natural sabbath (occuring during P/UB/FF). Fully consume the passover and don't leave house until sunup.

April 7th daylight: Still 1st day of UB and both high & natural sabbath.

April 7th sundown to sundown April 8 "morrow after sabbath" Firstfruits.

April 12th sundown: last day of UB high sabbath

April 13th daylight: Still last day of UB high sabbath, and with workweeks M-F request day off.

Edited by user Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:07:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: First Fruits is "morrow after sabbath", not sabbath

Offline cgb2  
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:10:46 AM(UTC)
cgb2

FYI...on one apparent confilct that turns out to be poor translation. Last year I had even wrote to ISR requesting it be fixed at next publish....but think they were more concerned about Swalchy's credentuals and favoring traditions. Big difference between "on" and "before"

TWTY
...Moreover, before the first and chief, principle and most important day of unfermented bread*.....

ISR (and most other english translations)
Mat 26:17 And on the first day of Unleavened Bread the taught ones came to יהושע, saying to Him, “Where do You wish us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?”

Subject: Matithyahu 26:17

Shalom,
In trying to understand upcoming Passover/Unleavened Bread I had a tough time reconciling Matithyahu 26:17 with Leviticus 23:5-8. Then a website that has translations of the oldest manuscripts helped greatly. It's at:
http://www.thewaytoyahuw...rsion1/matthew#chapter26

Wondering if translation of that verse can be improved in next edition, so it aligns with Leviticus 23?

Chuck
Offline cgb2  
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:20:44 AM(UTC)
cgb2

We bought kosher matza one year and yuck...ended up feeding it to the birds.
Interesting how thier tradition has stripes and peirces, but wonder if they connect with Isa 53?

MATZA:
Here's what we like, and much like an oatmeal cookie. Use fork to stripe & peirce all over before baking:
NAOMI'S DELICIOUS UNLEAVENED BRREAD
http://www.yrm.org/unleavened_bread_recipes.htm

For our LAMB KABOBs:
Teriyaki Marinade
Teriyaki Glaze - w/ sesame
Parsley (fresh or dried - "bitter herb")
Lamb Cuts
Narrow Zucchini squash
Narrow Yellow squash
Pinapple
Potato - Organic Finger Potatoes (small) or "baby bombers"
Pearl Onions
Peppers (Bell and some Anahiem or Pablono for zest)
Tomatoes - grape or cherry
Mushrooms? Naw, not this time - a fungus like leaven :^)
Oriental Bamboo Skewers (large "kabob skewers" tend to split veggies)

Cut up lamb in 1" to 1-1/2" chunks.
Prefer to buy boneless cuts so not reminded "no bones broken".
Put in ziplock bag (1 qt) and marinate half or full day prior.
We like teriyaki. Add fresh or dried parsley for "bitter herb".

+1/2 cook (boiling) potatoes. With longer bake times, best the potatoes be done along with the shorter grill times of other kabob items.
Also use boiling water to dip pearl onions for 10 to 20 seconds - Far easier peeling skin off.

Slice veggies (except pearl onions, finger pototoes).

Soak skewers in tall cup of water for several minutes (survives flames better).

We like alternating veggie items with 3 meat chunks per kabob.

Best place on aluminum foil for grilling. Cooks in juices and captures items that gets loose.

Grill, turning often.
Brush on Terriyaki Glaze/Parsley 10-15 minutes before done.

Picture of a kabob assembly line later added here:
http://forum.yadayahweh....resources.aspx#post25719

Edited by user Sunday, March 22, 2015 12:09:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typos, picture link

Offline lassie1865  
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:37:55 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Thanks for that recipe; I will surely try it this year.

I just finished watching 119 Ministries video on Daniel - quite interesting.

http://119ministries.com/daniel-unsealed
Offline JamesH  
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:17:52 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I get confused this time of year at Passover, why we don’t follow what it says in Exodus?
Any Help
Chapter 12
1-2Yahuweh said (‘amar - spoke) to Moseh (moseh - one who draws out) and to ‘Aharown (‘aharown - source of light and choice) in the realm (‘erets - land and nation) of the Crucible of Egypt (misrahym), saying, ‘This (zeh) new moon (hodes - lunar
month, the first day on which a crescent appears, a time of renewal and restoration) shall be your uppermost (ro’sh - beginning, head, top, and finest) time of renewal (hodes). This shall be the first (ri’shown - initial and foremost) month (hodes) of the year (sanah - time of change).’

3 Speak (dabar) to (‘el) the entire (kol) community (‘edah - assembly) of the Children (ben - sons) of Yisra’el (‘ys sarah ‘el - those who strive and struggle with, those who persist and endure with, those who persevere with and are empowered by God), and say (‘amar) this to them, ‘On (ba - in) the tenth (‘ashowr) of the month (hodes - new moon and time of renewal) each man (‘ysh - husband and individual) shall obtain (laqah - select, grasp hold of, and receive) a male lamb (seh) for himself and his home (bayith - household and family)-a lamb (seh) according to their father’s (‘ab) households (bayith - homes and family).’

4 And if (‘im) the household (bayit - home and family) is too small (ma’at - few and impoverished) to endure (hayah - exist with) with a lamb (seh), then he and his neighbor (saken) who is near (qarowb - closely related to) the household (bayith - home and family) shall share (laqah - obtain and receive) according to (min) the number (miksah - quantity) of souls (nepesh) and according to the individual (‘ysh) mouths (peh) to feed (‘akal) in computing the amount (kasas - in determining and figuring out the quantity) of lamb.

5 Your lamb (seh) shall exist as (hayah) an unblemished (tamiym - without defect, a blameless and innocent) male (zakar) son (ben), a year old (shaneh). It may be (hayah) taken (laqah - obtained and received) from (min) the sheep (kebes - rams) or from (min) the female goats (‘ez - she goats).

6 And they shall be (hayah) with (la - among) you, guarding and watching them (mishmeret - keeping them responsibly, observing, caring for, and preserving them) until (‘ad) the fourteenth (‘asar ‘arba’) day (yowm) of this (zeh) month (hodes - time of renewal). And the whole (kol) assembled (qahal - gathered) community (‘edah) of the Children (ben - sons) of Yisra’el (yisra’el - those who live with and are empowered by God) shall slaughter (sahat - take its life by killing) them around (bayin - near or in the vicinity of) sundown (‘ereb - sunset, twilight, dusk, or early evening).

7 You are to take (laqah - grasp hold of, obtain, seize, and receive) a portion of (min - from and part of) the blood (dam) and put (nathan - entrust, dedicate, exchange, devote, and give it, paying with) it on (‘al) the two (sanayim - both sides of the) upright pillars of the doorway (mazuwzah - door posts, framework of the doorway, jam, or standing pedestals) and on (‘al) the lintel (masaqowp - upper post or crosspiece of a doorframe; from shaqaph, meaning that which looks out, down, and overlooks) on (‘al) the (ha) homes (bayith - houses, households, and families) where (‘asher) you eat (‘akal - feed upon) it (‘eth) inside (ba).

8 Then (wa) eat (‘akal - feed upon and be nourished by) the meat (basar - flesh and body) during (ba - in) the night (laylah - time of darkness), roasting (saly - using dry heat to cook) this (zeh) over (‘al) a fire (‘esh - flame), and eat (‘akal) him (huw’ - her or it) with unleavened bread
(mastah - bread without yeast) and bitter herbs (maror - an eatable plant with a bitter taste).

9 Do no (‘al) eat (‘akal) any part of (min) him/it (huw’) raw (na’ - uncooked) or (wa) boiled (basel), cooking (basal) it in water (mayim), but instead (‘im - as a condition) roasting (saly) it (huw’) on a fire (‘esh), its head (ro’sh) and legs (kera’ - lower legs or shank) on (‘al) him (huw’) and his inner parts (qereb) close by (‘al - among them).

10 And you shall not (lo’) have any leftovers (yatar - nothing remaining) from (min) him (huw’ - or it) come (‘ad - until) morning (boqer). The remainder (yatar) of him upon the approach of (‘ad) morning (boqer) shall be burned up (sarap) in (ba) the fire (‘esh).

11 And this is how (kakah - the manner in which) you shall eat (‘akal) him/it (huw’), with (‘eth) the tie fastened around your waste (hagar matanaym - fully dressed and girded), with your sandals (na’al - shoes) on your feet (regel), and with your staff (maqqel - walking stick and branch) in your hand (yad). You shall eat it quickly (hipazown - in haste, in a hurry as if ready for a flight). This is (huw’ - he is or it is) Passover (pesach - to pass over) according to (la) Yahuweh.

12 I will pass over (‘abar) the realm (‘erets - land and nation) of the Crucible (misraym) during this (zeh - particular) night (laylah) and strike (nakah - kill) every (kol) firstborn son (bakor - oldest son) in the land (‘erets) of Egypt (misraym), including (min) man (‘adam) and animal (behemah). And upon (ba) all of (kol) the gods (‘elohym) of Egypt, I will execute judgment and render punishment (‘asah sepet).

13 I am (‘any) Yahuweh. The blood (dam) will exist (hayah) as a sign (owth - a token, a miraculous signal, an illustration, a nonverbal symbol conveying important information) for you on your homes (bayith - households and families) where you (‘attah) by way of relationship (‘asher) are at that time (sham/shem - are known by name). And when I see (ra’ah - when I view and consider) the blood (dam) I will pass over (pesach) you on that account (‘al - on that basis and for that reason). And the plague (negep - destructive pandemic disease which causes people to stumble) leading to (la - concerning) death and destruction (mashyt) shall not (lo’) exist (hayah) among (ba) you when I strike the realm of the Crucible of Egypt (misraym).

14 This (zeh - specific) day (yowm - 24-hour period beginning and ending at sunset) will exist (hayah - was, is, and will be) as a memorial and commemoration (zikrown - a reminder of an inheritance right, a means to recall and understand the relationship, as a symbol and a proverb) for you. And you shall celebrate (hagag - throw a party), a festival feast (hag) with Yahuweh throughout your life and generations (dowr - dwelling places throughout time), celebrating the festival feast (hagag - reveling in the party) as a prescribed ordinance (huqah - a clearly communicated prescription of what you should do, a statute, custom, and tradition) forever (‘owlam - into perpetuity, eternally).

15 Seven (sheba’) days (yowm) you shall eat (‘akal) bread without yeast (masah / matsah - unleavened food). Indeed (‘ak), on (ba) the first (ri’sown - foremost) day (yowm) you
shall observe the Sabbath by removing (shabat - rest and reflect, refraining from the use of) yeast (se’or - the fungus and fermenting agent known as leaven) from (min) your homes and households (beiyth - houses and families). Indeed (kiy - because), any and every (kol) soul (nepesh) who consumes (‘akal - eats and feeds upon, is nourished by) yeasted food (hames - bread which includes yeast and has become soured) shall be cut off and separated (karat -banished, cut down, severed, and uprooted; will face death and destruction upon being eliminated) from (min) Yisra’el (‘ys sarah ‘el - individuals who strive, struggle, persist, endure, and persevere with and are empowered by God), from the first (ri’sown) day (yowm) until (‘ad) the seventh (shabiy’iy) day (yowm).

16 On (ba - in and during) the first (ri’sown - foremost) day (yowm - beginning and ending at sunset) there is (hayah) a set-apart (qodesh - separated and dedicated, purifying and cleansing) Called-Out Assembly (miqra’ - gathering for the purpose of reading and reciting) and on (ba - in and during) the seventh (shabiy’iy) day (yowm) there is the set-apart (qodesh - separated and dedicated, purifying and cleansing) Called-Out Assembly (miqra’ - gathering for the purpose of reading and reciting) for (la) you. Do not (lo’) do (‘asah - perform or assign) any (kol) of the service of the heavenly representative (mala’kah - from mal’ak, duties of God’s messenger) during (ba - in and on) them (hem). Only (‘ak) that which (‘asher) is consumed (‘akal - eaten) by (la) each (kol) soul (nepesh) alone by (bad - separated and apart by) himself (huw’) may be done (‘asah) by (la) you.

17 Carefully observe (samar - revere, pay attention to, keep, cling to, and be secured by) those things which are associated with (‘eth) Matsah/Unleavened Bread (matsah / masah - baked bread without yeast) because (kiy - indeed) on (ba - during) this (zeh) essential and foundational (‘esem - skeletal and very substantial, mighty and empowering, vastly important and corporeal) day (yowm) your hosts (saba’ - multitudes who go forth and serve under the command of a leader) were brought out (yasa’) from the realm (‘erets - land) of the crucible of Egypt (misraym). Carefully observe (samar - revere, pay attention to, keep, cling to, and be secured by) those things which are associated with (‘eth) this (zeh) day (yowm) throughout (la) your generations, households, and lives (dowr - homes, dwelling places, and periods of time). It is an eternal (‘owlam - everlasting and perpetual, permanent and never ending) decree (huqah - clearly communicated prescription of what you should do, an engraved, written statute, a law chiseled in stone).

18 In the first (ri’sown - foremost) month (hodes - time of renewal), on the fourteenth day at (ba) sundown (‘ereb - in the evening starting at sunset), you are to eat (‘akal) bread without yeast (matsah - unleavened bread) until (‘ad) sunset (‘ereb) on the twenty-first day of the month.

19 Seven (sheba’ - based upon saba’, a sworn oath to affirm the truth and promise to do something) days (yowm) there shall be no (lo’) leavening yeast (sa’ar - nothing remaining or left behind) found (matsa’ - uncovered or discovered) in your homes (bayith - households and
dwelling places). Indeed, any (kol) soul (nepesh) who consumes (‘akal - who devours or is consumed and destroyed by) anything leavened (mahmeset / hametz - that which embitters, grieves, and oppresses) shall be cut off and banished (karat - shall be severed from the source of life, be taken away and be permitted to perish, be destroyed, eliminated and separated) from the community of (‘edah - assembly of witnesses who testify together with) Yisra’el (‘ys sarah ‘el - individuals who strive, struggle, persist, endure, and persevere with and are empowered by God), including (ba - along with) foreigners (ger - temporary inhabitants and newcomers without inherited rights, people from different races, cultures, and places) and natives (‘ezrach - those rising out) of the Land (‘erets).

20 Consume (‘akal - eat) nothing (lo kol) with leaven (mahmeset / hametz - that which embitters, grieves, and oppresses) in all (ba kol) your assemblies and communities (mowshab - geographic locations and households), eating (‘akal - consuming) only unleavened bread (matsah - bread without yeast).

Need Verses 21

22 "Take (laqah - select, obtain, and grasp hold of) a bunch (‘agudah - bundle of stems and leaves) of hyssop (‘ezowb - a plant from the mint family (fragrant marjoram) associated with cleansing and purging) and dip (tabal - plunge, soak, and bathe) it in the blood (dam) which (‘asher) is in the basin (sap - bowl, threshold, and entrance), and reach out and touch (naga’) it to the upper crosspiece of the doorframe (masqowp - upper beam of the door) and to the two doorposts (mazuwzah - upright pillars of the doorway) from the blood which is in the basin (sap). And no (lo’) individual (‘ysh - male) among you shall go out (yasa’) of the doorway (petah - portal, opening, and entrance) of their home (beriyth - household) until (‘ad) morning (boqer - the end of darkness and first light).

23 Then (wa) Yahuweh will pass through (‘abar) to plague (nagap - strike, smite, and afflict) the Egyptians (misraym). But (wa) when He sees (ra’ah - notices and considers) the blood (dam) on the upper crosspiece of the door (masqowp - upper beam) and on the two upright pillars of the doorway (mazuwzah - doorposts) He will pass over (pasach) that opening (petah - portal and entrance) and not (lo’) allow (nathan - permit, cause, bring about, or permit) the devastating destruction (sahat - corruption and ruin, decay and putrid decomposition) to come inside (bow’ ‘el - pursue and arrive within) and plague (nagap) your homes (bayith - households and families).

24 Carefully observe (samar - keep, preserve, communicate, support, and revere) this (‘eth) message (dabar - account, testimony, statement, and these words): It is a statute and a prescription (hoq - a decree, ordinance, and an established apportionment, a privilege) among and on behalf (la) of your (‘atah) children (ben - sons) until (‘ad - up to the point of) eternity (‘owlam).

25 When (kiy) you come to (bow’) exist (hayah) inside (‘el) the realm (‘erets - land) which relationally (‘asher) Yahuweh gives (nathan - bestows and grants to, entrusts and devotes to) you according to (ka) what (‘asher) He has said (dabar), carefully observe (samar - keep, preserve,
communicate, support, revere, and attend to) this (zoth) ceremony (‘abodah - commemoration in which the effort is expended to remember, teach, and practice the task and service).
Offline cgb2  
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 2:02:23 PM(UTC)
cgb2

JamesH wrote:
I get confused this time of year at Passover, why we don’t follow what it says in Exodus?
Any Help

That would be nice. It wasn't long ago, and still is in a lot of the world, that animal gutting & slaughter before eating was neccesary, perhaps even whetted the appetite. But most of us don't live in old style farm/pastoral communities. We buy our meat in little styrofoam packages (totally isolated from the slaughter).

Most would not have a large enough family and neigbors interested in celebrating Yah's feast to consume an entire lamb. Most people's homes would not work well with lamb running around for 4 days...they ain't potty trained :^)

Slaughtering a lamb in an apartment, or even in backyard in suburbs might cause a stir.

Instead I try to understand meaning while doing what I can to recite.

10th day read verse cited about bringing lamb into house and Yahowsha's triumpal entry to family....etc
Offline cgb2  
#21 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 3:03:35 AM(UTC)
cgb2

I was thinking about modern ranching/slaughter methods compared to the Torah:

MODERN LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION:
Surplus males castrated, and often sold as "sweetbreads & rocky mountain oysters". Steers and such raised to adult before slaughter. Veal grown using inhumane methods.
LIkely that unheathiest fat around kidneys and liver ground into burger (even as high as +30% fat), or used in other ways.
Because of refrigeration and freezers, size of animal matters far less.

VERSUS:
Surplus males ideal for food.
Without refrigeration the young males (calves, lamb, etc) would be ideal to consume before the meat spoils on the 3rd day, especially in the summer.
The unhealthy fat and waste parts disposed of sanitarily in fire.
etc.

Like Yah said "It is not difficult or far off"...and makes sense.
Offline JamesH  
#22 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 7:52:21 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Thanks cgb2 for the reply, this is my forth year to celebrate Passover and I have pretty much done something different every time. The first year I made lamb stew, before I read Exodus 12:9, (it was delicious) but according to Yah mayim is not part of the recipe.

I have a place and sheep to almost follow all of Yah’s directions, but this year I don’t have a male lamb 12:3 and I need to build a much larger fire place so I can roast the whole lamb, burn up the remainder and not go out until morning 12:22 (my Wife is not going for the fire place thing at all)

I know I am joking around some but I am concerned about 12:14 I have the (hagag- throw a party) thing down, the (huqah - a clearly communicated prescription of what you should do, a statute, custom, and tradition) is the problem.

Jim
Offline cgb2  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:24:30 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Yeah, a male lamb 1 year old would be big and feed a lot of people. Seems ok to grill outside,,between the evens leaves ample time to cook before dark.
When I was revisitinng the unleavened portion of amplified exodus posted, could also see "riddle & parable" of man's religion and politics...beware of the leaven of the Pharisees too came to mind.
Offline knowing1  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:46:31 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Let's not lose sight of the true meaning of Pesach, Matzah, and Bikkurim. The Pesach is the blood that was shed so that our souls could live. Maztah represents "cleansing" of our souls, the removal of all the corrupt, perverted things regarding this material world, so that we can be born anew without the corrupt and polluted nature of this world.

Like I indicated in my previous posts, I will do my best to engage those coming to my home with the true significance of the Passover, so that they have the choice to decide for themselves. I like to present questions as to why people follow certain traditions and rituals, and if they know why they do what they do. I ask a lot of "Why's". The bottom line is, if you do not know why you do something, why do it?

It is discraceful and embarrassing listening to people justify why they do what they do without knowing why they do it!

It is such a good, comfortale feeling knowing I am proceeding in the direction of truth and enlightenment. I am constantly desiring more knowledge!

May Yah bless all who know Him.

Knowing1
Offline tagim  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:04:46 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

"It is such a good, comfortale feeling knowing I am proceeding in the direction of truth and enlightenment. I am constantly desiring more knowledge!"

My thoughts, exactly. Thank you.
Offline dajstill  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:33:29 PM(UTC)
dajstill

I still have so much to learn that I am only doing the things I feel in my heart are what need to be done now. Since I left Christianity, I don't want to engage in anything without true knowledge. I don't want to do things because someone says "oh, this is what you should do" - even if they are right.

Just celebrating Pesach is our first baby step! I am very grateful for all I am learning here and really do love hearing about what others are doing though! It does give me inspiration and ideas for my own study with my family.

It is so exciting though I am getting goose bumps just anticipating!!!
Offline knowing1  
#27 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 5:29:32 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Yes, this is what any thinking person should be feeling when responding to Yah's invitation to meet with Him to establish this all important relationship!

Good for you dajstill!
Offline Molly  
#28 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 11:07:51 AM(UTC)
Molly

Hi All-

One important point that hasn't been explored is Exodus 12:24,25:

And you must keep this thing as a regulation for you and your sons to time indefinite. And it must occur that when you come into the land that Jehovah will give you, just as he has stated, then you must keep this service.

So, during the 40 years of wandering in the wilderness the Israelites did not observe the Passover, but it was on the 10th day of the first month when they crossed over the Jordan into the promised land. At that time those of the younger generation that had not been circumcised were circumcised. And then on the 14th of the month they all observed the Passover. Later it was clarified that three times in the years all males would present themselves before YHWH in the city upon which His Name was called. That eventually became Jerusalem. Jerusalem was where the Passover and feast of unleaven bread, Pentecost and the Tabernacling was to be performed, not in one's home away in some distant city. Othewise, it was not being done according to YHWH's instructions.

Since the destruction of the temple in 70AD, there has not been any place upon which YHWH's Name has been called. Therefore, it is as if we are still in the wilderness, waiting for Israel to be called back home. The prophesies are replete with scriptures indicating that Israel will be called home. That is probably why there is so much confusion on how and when and where to do things. And, we can't get our understanding from the rabbis because if they were corrupted in Yahshua's day, they are no doubt a worse souce of information today.

I like many here have spent years trying to figure out how to observe these feasts and always felt a bit unsure and confused. Perhaps it's because we aren't supposed to be observing them. Personally, I follow the Enochian calendar, which starts the year on the day that the night and the day are of equal length. That was early on the 17th of March, so today is Passover for me. What I will do is observe the bread and the wine that Yahshua said to observe until he returns. That is in recognition of the covenant for a kingdom that he established with his disciples. I have removed the leaven from the house, but that along with the unleavend bread and the wine is all I will do today. Tomorrow I will observe the day as a High Sabbath.

Molly
Offline dajstill  
#29 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 3:53:42 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Molly,

I have seen this concept set forth before in the past. However, no one can explain that while Yahoshua was indeed in Jerusalem - he observed Passover in a home, not in the temple. He said "as often as you do this", as opposed to "as long as the temple remains".

Also, I don't think anyone is saying they are doing an exact replication of Passover as YHWH laid out for Moseh, but an "observance" of Passover. The same way we "observe" Towrah, but don't do a ritualistic re-enactment of each principle mentioned in Towrah. When observing - sometimes we "do" certain things, but the bigger part is that we study to understand the meaning behind it.

Also, each Set Apart time is an appointment set by YHWH - I will be waiting in anticipation. I would rather be there waiting, with my oil in my lamp so to speak.

To take a note from my favorite cartoon "Charlie Brown" - I will have all the fever of Linus waiting for the great pumpkin - LOL. I will gladly be in my spot, no matter how crazy those around me think I am. He is going to show Himself at one of these Set Apart Times. I had so many years in Christianity where I was never in the right place to see His face, to meet His trumpet. I will never, ever, ever again be in a position to miss a meeting with YHWH!
Offline Molly  
#30 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 1:56:26 AM(UTC)
Molly

Hi dagstill-

Let me say that in the second year in the wilderness there is an account of the Israelites observing the Passover, so I don't have a problem with someone observing if that is what they want to do. And, yes, it was a command for all the generations, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to follow correctly. For instance, unless you slaughter your own lamb, do you know how old that lamb actually is or if it was unblemished? Was it Halal slaughtered as lamb/goat increasingly is these days? If it is Halal slaughtered, then it has been sacrificed to an idol and is polluted. The required dinner is made up of lamb and bitter greens. The addition of an egg is eerily like something out of Babylon and at this time of year is doubly suspicious. The Sedar is so ritualised that I find it questionable. The Passover was to be eaten in haste.

In Jerusalem in the first century those who followed Yahshua continued to worship at the Temple until it was destroyed. At that time there was a great dispersion. It was always true that if someone were traveling out of the country, then they were not required to observe the festivals because they couldn't appear before YHWH.

I'm not sure what your question was referring to about Yahshua having dinner at someone's house, since the Passover was always done in private homes. It was probably quite a business providing for all the travellers that came to Jerusalem for the feasts. Of course, they were to make an offering to YHWH at the Temple for the seven days of unfermented cakes. They were never to appear before Yah empty handed, but the Passover was done privately.

Like I say, I have no problem with someone making the effort to observe these days if that is the way they feel. I was just explaining how I see things. I have tried to observe them in the past and find that I cannot do it by Yah's standards. There is a scripture that I was trying to find that relates to these celebrations that says we are not to do them our own way, but naturally I couldn't find it.

Also, I feel that there should be more focus on the bread and the wine in recognition of Yahshua.

Molly
Offline FredSnell  
#31 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 3:28:19 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Hi Molly,

First off, I can tell you have not listened to any show to date, and that's where you should start, b/c most here, are here b/c the corruption of what they call their, Bible. You using jehovah as our Fathers Name will not get you anywhere here. But I suggest if you are an honest seeker, instead of one of these, drive by's
that frequently pop in and out on occasion, then look at a fella's site where a book the author is still in edit on, but doesn't mind his audience reviews as he, "gets er done."
Molly look on this forum for Flintface and he usually has his site listed below his name. If you scroll to his articles section and then click on, "Introduction to God" this has been a starting point for a lot of the readers and replier's that are here on this forum. Read it and come back and then let's talk.

Or, you can take in the last couple of shows that YY has done on blog talk radio. I listened on my Sabbath and if you want, just scroll half way into the news on the bar and the host picks up on scripture where he left off from the day before. I think you might be surprised how errant your Bible is. But honestly, I hope you read the, ITG, it's very well written and helps those like me that were influenced by politics and religion, and help us see that all this is leading to only one place, and that is the one world order of man that is fast approaching.

I like to remind ppl today, that if the two that were the first introduced to our Father and had an upright relationship with Him could be corrupted, what makes you think you can't?
Offline FredSnell  
#32 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:06:23 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Before I'm outta here for the day, I just want to remind ppl, that you are within the gates and you are, Israel. You are the ones that endure, and you strive and struggle as you become acquainted with your Father, just as any adopted child would. You are dispersed throughout all the lands and yes, our Father will call us to His eretz/home, one day in the near future., that city of peace where we will finally settle down and learn from the true Teacher. Once we learn the meaning behind His term, Yis'ra'el, we have alot of the battle to join a household, answered.
Offline dajstill  
#33 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:25:59 AM(UTC)
dajstill

encounterHim wrote:
Before I'm outta here for the day, I just want to remind ppl, that you are within the gates and you are, Israel. You are the ones that endure, and you strive and struggle as you become acquainted with your Father, just as any adopted child would. You are dispersed throughout all the lands and yes, our Father will call us to His eretz/home, one day in the near future., that city of peace where we will finally settle down and learn from the true Teacher. Once we learn the meaning behind His term, Yis'ra'el, we have alot of the battle to join a household, answered.

Thanks so much for this encounterHim!!!!
Offline Richard  
#34 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 11:19:15 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Tonto say to encounterHim, Mmmm, you speak true, Kimoslobbery. Tonto thanks you.
Offline FredSnell  
#35 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 1:55:22 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

flintface wrote:
Tonto say to encounterHim, Mmmm, you speak true, Kimoslobbery. Tonto thanks you.

No one's ever accused Tonto of being a sycophant, foresure!...lol

You're both welcome.
Offline cgb2  
#36 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 7:18:18 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was revisiting Lev 23: 6-8 and was almost considering revising what outlined in post #15....
Then I ran across this verse:

Exo 12:18 ‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, in the evening, you shall eat unleavened bread until the twenty-first day of the month in the evening.

Seems pretty clear that P/M/B is 7 days (21-14=7)
Offline In His Name  
#37 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 11:18:50 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
14th = day 1
15th = day 2
16th = day 3
17th = day 4
18th = day 5
19th = day 6
20th = day 7
21st = day 8...

The question is does the original text include the 14th and the 21st?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline lassie1865  
#38 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 11:23:28 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I think it is because the lamb is slain at 3 pm on the 14th day, and by the time it is roasted and you actually 'eat dinner' it is past sundown and, therefore, it is actually the 15th day of the month.
Offline cgb2  
#39 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 12:53:47 PM(UTC)
cgb2

In His Name wrote:
14th = day 1
15th = day 2
16th = day 3
17th = day 4
18th = day 5
19th = day 6
20th = day 7
21st = day 8...

The question is does the original text include the 14th and the 21st?

Not sure but when counting one usually doesn't start with zero :)
Er well, when I mark a calendar with slash 2/3 (sunset) and number the intervals it works. Eat UL for 7 full days.

Edited by moderator Monday, April 2, 2012 4:19:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: was vague

Offline cgb2  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:11:43 AM(UTC)
cgb2

lassie1865 wrote:
I think it is because the lamb is slain at 3 pm on the 14th day, and by the time it is roasted and you actually 'eat dinner' it is past sundown and, therefore, it is actually the 15th day of the month.

Yep. Pesach the lamb is slain between the evens. Unleavened bread prepared to leave in haste :^)
Actually eated starting on UB....but yep it appears P/UB/B spans 8 days.
Offline needhelp  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:28:25 AM(UTC)
needhelp

Evening of 14day = beginning of 15day, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 =
7 days.

"18 In the first (ri’sown - foremost) month (hodes
- time of renewal), on the fourteenth day at (ba) sundown (‘ereb - in the evening
starting at sunset), you are to eat (‘akal) bread without yeast (matsah - unleavened
bread) until (‘ad) sunset (‘ereb) on the twenty-first day of the month. 19 Seven (sheba’
- based upon saba’, a sworn oath to affirm the truth and promise to do something) days
(yowm) there shall be no (lo’) leavening yeast (sa’ar - nothing remaining or left behind)
found (matsa’ - uncovered or discovered) in your homes (bayith - households ..."
Offline In His Name  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:53:41 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
needhelp wrote:
Evening of 14day = beginning of 15day, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 =
7 days.

"18 In the first (ri’sown - foremost) month (hodes
- time of renewal), on the fourteenth day at (ba) sundown (‘ereb - in the evening
starting at sunset), you are to eat (‘akal) bread without yeast (matsah - unleavened
bread) until (‘ad) sunset (‘ereb) on the twenty-first day of the month. 19 Seven (sheba’
- based upon saba’, a sworn oath to affirm the truth and promise to do something) days
(yowm) there shall be no (lo’) leavening yeast (sa’ar - nothing remaining or left behind)
found (matsa’ - uncovered or discovered) in your homes (bayith - households ..."

(‘ereb - in the evening starting at sunset)
the evening starts with sunset
the new day starts with sunset
Isn't sunset/evening on the 14th the beginning of the 14th day?

And following this text the unleavened bread is eaten until sunset on the 21st which again is the beginning of the 21st not the end?

This would get you back to 7 days, but the 14th is included not the 21st?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline pilgrimhere  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:33:06 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Well, we went grocery shopping for the week of UB and found that it gets complicated. And after figuring there has to be some helpful information online, I only discovered that the rabbis have concocted elaborate rules. We just want to keep it simple but have a leaven-free home for the week to demonstrate before Yah that we are interested in and appreciate the removal of sin from our lives. Would any of you share some more of what you typically keep on the menu? I do like the kabobs idea, but what about the rest of the week?

Thanks to all.
Offline James  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 1:38:13 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
The exodus selection seems to clinch the fact that 7 days starting with Passover there is to be no Leaven. So if I have this right for this year.
Sundown Thursday starts Passover and the removal of yeast. So no yeast for
Thursday (evening)--> Friday (evening) Day 1
Friday (evening)--> Saturday(evening) Day 2
Saturday (evening)--> Sunday(evening) Day 3
Sunday (evening)--> Monday (evening) Day 4
Monday (evening)--> Tuesday (evening) Day 5
Tuesday (evening)--> Wednesday(evening) Day 6
Wednesday (evening)--> Thursday (evening)Day 7
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline needhelp  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:12:57 AM(UTC)
needhelp

What about Leviticus 23:5-6

on the fourteenth (‘arba’ ‘asar - four and tenth) of (la) the (ha) month (hodes or
chodesh - time of renewal) at (bayin - between and within the interval of) twilight (‘ereb
- sunset), is Yahuweh’s Passover (pesach or pesah - act of sparing and providing
immunity). 6 The fifteenth (chamesh ‘asar - the fifth plus tenth) day (yowm) of this same
(zeh) month (hodesh - time of restoration and renewal) is the festival feast (hag -
celebration) of Unleavened Bread (Matsah - bread without leavening-yeast which is
symbolic of sin and corruption) unto Yahuweh. Seven days shall you eat bread
without leavening-yeast (matsah).

YY Matsah – Unleavened Bread says:

It was a Sabbath, the day after Passover, when His soul descended into
Sheowl or Hades (depending upon whether you prefer the Hebrew or Greek title
for the place of separation) to be afflicted on our behalf. By allowing His soul to
be separated from Yah’s Spirit, Yahshua “completed a terrifying sacrificial act”
through which a ransom was paid to remove corruption from our nature
(symbolized by the elimination of leavening-yeast from bread). God thereby freed
us from paying the same penalty ourselves—so that we might “express our relief
for having escaped” what would otherwise have been “a long and hopeless
ordeal.”

Wouldn't this be 15 - 21 inclusive?
Offline James  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:59:15 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
needhelp wrote:
What about Leviticus 23:5-6

on the fourteenth (‘arba’ ‘asar - four and tenth) of (la) the (ha) month (hodes or
chodesh - time of renewal) at (bayin - between and within the interval of) twilight (‘ereb
- sunset), is Yahuweh’s Passover (pesach or pesah - act of sparing and providing
immunity). 6 The fifteenth (chamesh ‘asar - the fifth plus tenth) day (yowm) of this same
(zeh) month (hodesh - time of restoration and renewal) is the festival feast (hag -
celebration) of Unleavened Bread (Matsah - bread without leavening-yeast which is
symbolic of sin and corruption) unto Yahuweh. Seven days shall you eat bread
without leavening-yeast (matsah).

YY Matsah – Unleavened Bread says:

It was a Sabbath, the day after Passover, when His soul descended into
Sheowl or Hades (depending upon whether you prefer the Hebrew or Greek title
for the place of separation) to be afflicted on our behalf. By allowing His soul to
be separated from Yah’s Spirit, Yahshua “completed a terrifying sacrificial act”
through which a ransom was paid to remove corruption from our nature
(symbolized by the elimination of leavening-yeast from bread). God thereby freed
us from paying the same penalty ourselves—so that we might “express our relief
for having escaped” what would otherwise have been “a long and hopeless
ordeal.”

Wouldn't this be 15 - 21 inclusive?

Taking the arbitrary verses markers out, the Lev. verse is one single thought, so the seven could easily be starting on the 14th, as Matsah is a part of the Passover meal, especially in light of the Exodus verse referenced earlier. Remember Exodus would have been written before Leviticus so using different wording to convey the same idea. One is more straightforward and one is somewhat up for interpretation, we should interpret it in light of the straightforward verse. The 15th is another festival feast. There is the festival feast of Passover on the 14th and then the festival feast of Matsah on the 15th, but the eating of Matsah begins on the 14th.

At least that is what it seems to be to me.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline cgb2  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:36:04 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Although apparently conflicts with 1+6=7, maybe not and similar to how I think of Shelters.
8th day is "new heaven & earth" and last part of the 4th word "...extend your life in the realm Yah is giving you"
Offline FredSnell  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:02:47 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

James wrote:
Taking the arbitrary verses markers out, the Lev. verse is one single thought, so the seven could easily be starting on the 14th, as Matsah is a part of the Passover meal, especially in light of the Exodus verse referenced earlier. Remember Exodus would have been written before Leviticus so using different wording to convey the same idea. One is more straightforward and one is somewhat up for interpretation, we should interpret it in light of the straightforward verse. The 15th is another festival feast. There is the festival feast of Passover on the 14th and then the festival feast of Matsah on the 15th, but the eating of Matsah begins on the 14th.

At least that is what it seems to be to me.

This is how my wife and I have observed it for 3yrs now at least. I'm really not counting how many yrs, b/c I don't ever want to look back if I can help it. I hope to keep growing but it does seem every yr around this time work tends to get real busy for us and we end up diving into it all at once. I give my wife credit for getting us more prepared than usual, this yr. It's been me usaully going from hither to yonder to get prepared when she seems to float effortlessly along. I love looking at my counter space and seeing all to goodies we are going to be celebrating with. Man and why not celebrate. Just think about what God did for us. I can't help but want to cry right now thinking how he saved me from myself. I think of all who have taken time to help me. You truely are my sisters and brothers..We are all here for a reason I feel, and that day will arrive when I'll be looking for all of you just to share a face to face thank you. Again I want to tell those whom I slighted early on, I'm sorry for that, but that's not me anylonger. I have grown to understand we are all seeking in His Name, and finding out, that in His Name we grow, and we share. Thank you all for being there, and most of all, thank Yah for showing me that He was willing to do the work if I was willing to see how and observe.
That's me, Fred Snell, that was posted in the YY letters earlier in this week. I want to say all's going well on my end and everyone's on their feet and chuggin right along. I have family asking questions and that brings me more joy than this old dredge ever thought he'd see.
May Yahowah bless you all. I hope you can see His Hand reaching down to lift you up so you can stand on these approaching days. It's freeing to say the least.

Shalom!!!
Offline tagim  
#49 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2012 6:43:02 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

thank you, fred
Offline pilgrimhere  
#50 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:46:17 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

I’m a little confused now that it’s the last day of UB. Sure wish I’d been clear on this sooner. Is today (Thursday the 12th) a work day or not? I recall cgb2’s post on the matter but am uncertain as I look between Exodus and Leviticus references. If the first and last days are to be observed with celebrations and no work, are those days Passover (April 6th daytime) and 7 days later (April 13th) or on the seventh day from Passover (April 12)? Or is the first day of UB a no-work day instead of Passover?
I’m not trying to be a stickler for rules ... on the contrary, I am growing more excited about towrah as I am able to comprehend it. I look forward to the coming years and enjoying the appointments all the more without having to figure it out as I go.

Thanks to all of you!