logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:50:10 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I just finished reading the book: Robbing Peter to Pay Paul: the Usurpation of Jesus and the Original Disciples by F. F. Powell

Inspite of using "Jesus", I believe Powell knows His name, as he uses YHWH throughout the book. This book is a good read and amazingly researched. While I don't agree on all accounts, this is an excellent look into the life of Paul, as well as the Disciples - Peter in particular. He shows how Paul got to be where he is in Christianity, how different Christianity is from the life of Yahshua and the disciples and what the faith was supposed to be about. He uses some really neat sources. It was the first time I had heard about the letter from Peter to James - and the way it reads sounds plausible:

http://www.compassionate...istle-Peter-to-James.htm

Here are two exerts
this is Peter:
In order, therefore, that the like may also happen to those among us as to these Seventy, give the books of my preachings to our brethren, with the like mystery of initiation, that they may indoctrinate those who wish to take part in teaching; for if it be not so done, our word of truth will be rent into many opinions.

And this I know, not as being a prophet, but as already seeing the beginning of this very evil. For some from among the Gentiles have rejected my legal preaching, attaching themselves to certain lawless and trifling preaching of the man who is my enemy.2

And these things some have attempted while I am still alive, to transform my words by certain various interpretations, in order to the dissolution of the law; as though I also myself were of such a mind, but did not freely proclaim it, which God forbid! For such a thing were to act in opposition to the law of God which was spoken by Moses, and was borne witness to by our Lord in respect of its eternal continuance; for thus he spoke: "The heavens and the earth shall pass away, but one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law."3 And this He has said, that all things might come to pass.

But these men, professing, I know not how, to know my mind, undertake to explain my words, which they have heard of me, more intelligently than I who spoke them, telling their catechumens that this is my meaning, which indeed I never thought of. But if, while I am still alive, they dare thus to misrepresent me, how much more will those who shall come after me dare to do so!

This is James giving the followers orders and how to deal with Peter's sermons:

James having thus spoken, the elders were in an agony of terror. Therefore James, perceiving that they were greatly afraid, said:

"Hear me, brethren and fellow-servants. If we should give the books to all indiscriminately, and they should be corrupted by any daring men, or be perverted by interpretations, as you have heard that some have already done, it will remain even for those who really seek the truth, always to wander in error. Wherefore it is better that they should be with us, and that we should communicate them with all the fore-mentioned care to those who wish to live piously, and to save others. But if any one, after taking this adjuration, shall act otherwise, he shall with good reason incur eternal punishment. For why should not he who is the cause of the destruction of others not be destroyed himself?"

One big thing in particular stuck out to me - seems James and Peter agree with Yada - all one needs is the Scriptures (OT). In fact, one needed to show James for six years they were well versed in Scriptures before they would share one letter from Peter with them. Then, if they interpreted falsely or against Torah - they were not to receive any other letters. Seems they understood the danger of having a religion separate from the Torah. I am not surprised Christianity has hidden the true disciples and their teachings from the world. Peter was right - the corrupted his words so much more after he died. And James was right - the corruption of Scripture is so complete that even those who really seek the truth are wandering in error. I definitely know who Peter was referring to as well - the lawless and trifling man that was his enemy is more than likely Paul.

P.S. I downloaded the book on my Kindle for just $6.00
Offline JamesH  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:13:07 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Here is another possibility to consider http://radikalkritik.de/FabricatedJHC.pdf
Offline FredSnell  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:45:45 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
JamesH wrote:
Here is another possibility to consider http://radikalkritik.de/FabricatedJHC.pdf

BENJAMIN
The favorite son of Jacob, Benjamin has remained the symbol of the tender youngest child. The tribe of Benjamin, however, was considered particularly warlike and courageous. To this tribe belonged Saul, the first king, and Jonathan, his son. The symbol of the tribe was the wolf, a predatory animal. The biblical phrase on the tab reads, "...in the morning he shall devour the prey" (Gen. 49:27).

Come to find out that the "wolf" is also the symbol for the flag of the tribe of Benjamin.

http://www.crwflags.com/...images/i/il_12trib-1.gif

http://www.crwflags.com/...images/i/il_12trib-2.gif

With all the parallels and patterns connected with, I'm almost certain, Paul existed.
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:49:26 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Bereshit / Genesis 19

19:10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

19:11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

Offline FredSnell  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:17:16 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Daniyel / Daniel

2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the Elohim of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great Elohim hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.