logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 10:59:57 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There is a book titled: A Family Guide to the Biblical Holidays by Robin Sampson and Linda Pierce that I am really enjoying. They do use titles such as "Lord" and "Jesus", however the book is a great resource for observing and teaching the Set Apart Times with children if the parent make the appropriate adjustments. I believe the authors are Messianic. However, if one can look past the flaws (throwing them out), it has really, really good information for kids. For instance, for Passover it really breaks down the story well - both the exodus from Egypt as well as the work of Yahushua. When describing the seder plate - it lists the foods described in "Exodus" (sorry, still working on the correct book titles myself), then separately list the foods added by the Rabbis (and distinctly labels them as added by the Rabbis).

Included in the book are also recipes, "find it" picture games, coloring pages, crossword puzzles, word searches, and even arts and crafts projects. There are other activities such as giving the schedule of activities of Yahushua leading up to Passover and the week of First Fruits. The book is almost 600 pages long - so there are lots of activities one can pick from. Again, it isn't perfect, but I am happy to find something that has things I can use with my kids as we celebrate the Set Apart Times. I think it will make it not so lonely for them and they will be glad to feel like there are other kids in the world doing similar things. Also, doing some arts and crafts projects they can send to the grandparents and other family members may even "break the ice" on some conversations!
Offline Daniel  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:50:33 AM(UTC)
Daniel

We have and use that book, too.

YY'ers who know how to properly filter the material will find it useful.

The authors are 'on the path', but 'not quite there, yet'.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net