logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tagim  
#51 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 3:40:09 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Daniel, seems to me you are trying to drive a nail without a point into the wood. Cannot be done, moreover should not. Give it up. I stumble over the "Yeshua" references. Who is he? I admire your fortitude but question your objectives.
Offline Richard  
#52 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 6:48:07 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Daniel wrote:

Brothers, we can have different interpretations of the material. If you don't want to participate in Hanukkah, or wash your hands before meals for that matter, don't do it. NO ONE IS SAYING YOU MUST!

We know that the rabbis and everyone who chooses to follow the Talmud are our Father's sworn enemies. We know that His Son regularly and consistently rebuked them and called them out for their presumptuous teachings and behavior. Why then would those of us who really love Yahowah want to have anything at all to do with anything those children of the slanderous adversary do or say? Why, Daniel, do you continue to try to honor the rabbis over our Father by pretending that anything they do or say is worth anything at all? They are our enemies; they hate our Father; they despise and corrupt His Word; and they have made it a crime to speak His Name. And you want to hang with them? I have to sidle on up next to tagim on this one, man.

If my tone seems harsh, so be it. This is not patty-cakes; we are not playing a game. Consorting with our Father's sworn enemies is unwise and inappropriate.

I still love ya, Daniel, but ... C'mon, man!
Offline FredSnell  
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 2:16:10 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
flintface wrote:
I have to sidle on up next to tagim on this one, man.quote]

I must admit my ignorance, for as long as I'm living I have always thought the phrase was, "saddle on up next to."
I since have looked it up, and boy do I feel stupid.
Offline Daniel  
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 5:29:54 PM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
Why, Daniel, do you continue to try to honor the rabbis over our Father by pretending that anything they do or say is worth anything at all?

You are accusing me falsely. I don't give a rat's-ass what the Rabbi's or the Pope, Obama or Yada do/don't do about celebrating the defeat of the Greeks and the re-dedication of the temple.

My understanding of Yochanon's first hand testimony is that Y'shua participated in the celebration of the defeat of the Greeks at the hands of Y'huda the Maccabee*.

If He did it, I am doing it.

You guys can carry on this discussion without me.

*I see how other people can have a different understanding, too.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net