logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 5:17:35 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well family....the family will be getting bigger in about 4 months....and as it stands now...its a boy. Hmm, now that is a problem. How do I get him circumcised on the 8th day when the hospital would do it either the very same day or the day after his birth....and I don't really think a Mohel is an option....not so much because I wouldn't go to one...but rather I don't think they would agree to do it....so what is Yahudi to do?
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline lassie1865  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 6:55:38 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I would think you could just take your baby to your pediatrician on the 8th day; I'm sure he could do it; ask him/her about that now, before the birth. That is what I would do if I could not find a Rabbi to do it . . . It takes me back to the day our son was born -- 33 years ago, now -- my thoughts were torn between Paul - "Don't you dare do it" and Yah -- "circumcise on the 8th day; Yah seems to like it" -- wow, I'm glad I chose circumcision for him; it was done by the hospital staff on the 3rd or 4th day. If I had it to do over, I would try hard to have it done on the 8th day.
Offline Daniel  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 9:56:01 AM(UTC)
Daniel

shalom82 wrote:
don't really think a Mohel is an option....not so much because I wouldn't go to one...but rather I don't think they would agree to do it...

I can tell that you haven't even asked: Our Messianic Congregation has relationships with a few Orthodox Mohels who perform the process for about 50% of the newborns.

(Wait for it...)

(Just the boys!)

The rabbi's hope that we will give up our belief that Yeshua is the MessiYah and see this as an opportunity for out reach!

(We consider these events to be an out reach, in the opposite direction.)

Get out there and ask, S82!

The worst that can happen is that they say no!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Richard  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:38:34 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
lassie1865 wrote:
That is what I would do if I could not find a Rabbi to do it . . .

Seeing that we know that those who follow the teachings of Rabbi Akiba and Maimonides have set themselves against our heavenly Father, Yahowah, why would we consider seeking one of them out, as if they know some secret, "acceptable" way of performing a circumcision? Why pretend that they are to be viewed as brothers? They are not. They are promoting the religion of Judaism, and because of it will spend eternity in the pit that has been prepared for the false accuser and his agents.

Either those who promote Judaism are part of Yahowah's family or they are not. Either they are His friends, or they are His enemies. To me, the choice is clear and there is no gray area. I think your advice to shalom82 is in error.
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:49:56 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A question arises: who shall circumcise us so that our circumcisions are valid?
Offline Walt  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:14:47 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Matthew wrote:

Non-issue - Yah doesn't put any kind requirement on who does it. It's an act of the heart of who is being circumcised.
Offline tagim  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:55:24 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Matthew wrote:

is a circumcision on the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh day not a valid circumcision; one performed by a rabbi, moyhl, doctor. What more need be done than cut off the foreskin in furtherance of the covenant?
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:38:10 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Yeah, we can easily lose sight if we become too pedantic over non-issues.

Deuteronomy 30:6 "YHWH your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live."
Offline FredSnell  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 12:49:48 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
On the 8th day is also when vitamin K levels are highest in a baby, leading to a quicker healing time. Personally I believe it shows oneness with Father in the covenant.
Offline James  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 2:52:35 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
It doesn't matter who performs the circumcision, Yah didn't specify who had to do it. And there is really no such thing as an invalid circumcision. There are tons of examples of people being circumcised for various reasons and Yah never said that their circumcision was invalid, so who are we to say one it. For example we are told that all the grown men who came out of Egypt had been circumcised, I think it's safe to assume that they were not done to follow Yah since they didn't know Him. We are also told that those born in the wilderness were not circumcised and they were circumcised before entering the promised land. The same place we learn both theses facts, Joshua 5, tells us plain as day that not one man who entered the promised land was uncircumcised.

Most have no control over when, where, why and who does their circumcision because it is done in infancy, because it was intended as a sign between the parents and Yahowah.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Matthew  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 9:45:41 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Don't want to nitpick here but they crossed the Jordan while still uncircumcised in the flesh ;) Don't worry, just messing around as we all know what happened straight after it and why it was done.
Offline cgb2  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 3:01:17 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Matthew wrote:
Don't want to nitpick here but they crossed the Jordan while still uncircumcised in the flesh ;) Don't worry, just messing around as we all know what happened straight after it and why it was done.

(Context - upon his return - yet future)
Eze 44:5 And יהוה said to me, “Son of man, set your heart and see with your eyes and hear with your ears, all that I say to you concerning all the laws of the House of יהוה and all its Torot. And you shall set your heart to the entrance of the house, with all the exits of the set-apart place,
Eze 44:6 and shall say to the rebellious, to the house of Yisra’ĕl, ‘Thus said the Master יהוה, “O house of Yisra’ĕl, enough of all these abominations of yours,
Eze 44:7 that you brought in sons of a foreigner, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in My set-apart place to profane it, My house! That you brought near My food, the fat and the blood, and you broke My covenant because of all your abominations.
Eze 44:8 “And you did not guard the charge of that which is set-apart to Me, but you have set others to guard the charge of My set-apart place for you.”
Eze 44:9 ‘Thus said the Master יהוה, “No son of a foreigner, uncircumcised in heart or uncircumcised in flesh, comes into My set-apart place, even any son of a foreigner who is among the children of Yisra’ĕl.
Offline Matthew  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:28:45 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Oh yeah, that's a good one. I've discussed that passage good and proper, it's an awesome passage. It's the great leveller, every man will have to bare himself - not to mention humble himself - before he enters. Makes TSA look like a joke!
Offline Richard  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:46:05 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Great reference to lay out for us, Chuck. Good job, man.
Offline tagim  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:42:13 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Fellowship. Okay, this can fit here.

I remember about a year or so ago I posted about the activity, or lack thereof, on the board. I noticed wherever I would log in I had developed a habit of looking at the number of folks currently on line, usually upwards of 20, 30, but tonight, 11:30 EST, there were 154 members on line at the same time. I said to myself, “Wow, what is going on?” And then I remembered something I posted recently about my feeling for this board, its people, the quality, the excitement it and the radio show develops each day, and how I have this feeling that we are ripe for an interest explosion. My guess it is happening.

I would classify this as a no nonsense board, minimum 2 cents, seeking no more, no less than the truth. Friendly, family-like. Of course, without our prolific captain and his loyal soldiers none of this could happen. What is so exciting now, is Yada's wish has come true; many members now are excitedly doing their own translations. I have no doubt one day there will be a translation/transliteration of the PSS, from Hebrew to English emanating from this board. For all of us, I know that day cannot come soon enough. But first the board must be revised. I know, after the ITG. Someone should start a project to figure out how to edit the needed changes to the books on the site (because of Paul) without the assistance of Yada, so all is ready when the ITG hits. As the time of Jacob's troubles nears (if we are not yet there), everyone will want an honest, accurate script (bible) of the PSS. They (we) will know of the religious deception put over on the world. And we will say, “Boy (girl), have I got the deal of a lifetime for you!”

Thanks. That's my post. I just wanted to share that little thought.
Offline FredSnell  
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:55:31 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

tagim wrote:
there were 154 members on line at the same time. I said to myself, “Wow, what is going on?”

Just put it down slowly and back away from the table and everything will be alright...lol..Naw really though, that would be encouraging to see numbers like that.

I've received a few letters of late, people calling me, me of all people, a "judaizer."...If I could sit in on Pauls trial, oh man what I would(n't) give to hear this guy hee haw himself right out that door. I tell you what though, that guy had every angle covered. You approach these ppl and I'll be, everytime it's, PAUL...or they reach, and go into how much God has blessed america, and how at one time in your life, you said the same things I'm saying to you right now.

" You are an ethnic fetishist and a judaizer."
Offline Richard  
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:44:30 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

encounterHim wrote:
"You are an ethnic fetishist and a judaizer."

Really? What in tarnation is an "ethnic fetishist", brother?
Offline Walt  
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 5:10:59 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

flintface wrote:
Really? What in tarnation is an "ethnic fetishist", brother?

gobbledy gook to be translated "procaimer of Yahowah's Truth"?
Offline FredSnell  
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:17:20 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I don't know what he meant by it...maybe it is just slang or something. I guess he was saying i smell like a jews sandal?.....or something!
Offline shalom82  
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:26:38 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
read wannabe jew....of course not realizing you don't have any need to be a wannabe when you are already the genuine article Yahudi...a real striver...Y'aqob become Yisrael.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline FredSnell  
#21 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 2:20:25 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

lol..wannabe...I might be a "yad." As I point to the Towrah for anyone seeking.
Offline Daniel  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:34:11 AM(UTC)
Daniel

encounterHim wrote:
" You are an ethnic fetishist and a judaizer."

I get that a lot...

;-)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline FredSnell  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 11:47:29 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Daniel wrote:
I get that a lot...

;-)

I hear ya brother, I thought I might get it again today from an older gentleman, but surprisingly he was very receptive. He was even once in his life thinking of becoming a methodist preacher. I'll have to give him a call and let him remind me why he didn't. I remember he mentioned not attending church anylonger, I suppose I was too wrapped up into getting my point across this time, that the few things he did say I just missed, b/c once I get rolling I'm already ahead into my next, what I guess I should call, presentation. I know it stuck with him b/c as he was leaving he turned and asked, "what was that name again for that site?"
You know, most times I usually just hope for an invite when a person does something like DG the old man did today, when he told me, "I see you every year, like x-mas."...big mistake!