logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Daniel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:58:53 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Last night my family and the families of my two closest friends attended Rosh Hashanah services at a Messianic congregation. What a time! There was shofar blowing, prayer, some dancing, then a lesson by the rabbi.

His lesson was a word-by-word exegesis/amplification from Hebrew to English. It was sounded just like the way Yada does his word-by-word thing.

(If Yada were an Israeli of Mexican descent.)

(Even Ricky Ricardo would say that the rabbi has a thick Spanish+Hebrew accent.)

Thanks to Yada's writings, I knew about 7 of the words that were 'amplified' from the Torah portion read out last night.

A holy convocation indeed.

Before any of you start criticizing the practices of Messianic congregations (you guys know who you are), just know that these are Jews and Gentiles trying to authentically 'walk out' the Instructions for Living as best they can. Remember: Only One Guy was able to keep Torah perfectly, and look what they did to Him!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Daniel  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:02:00 AM(UTC)
Daniel

(Yes, I know the year 5772 is the wrong year. It is more like the year 5978 or so...)

(Rabbinic Judaism cannot admit that it is the year 59xx, it would be too obvious...)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:14:28 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Daniel wrote:
Before any of you start criticizing the practices of Messianic congregations (you guys know who you are), just know that these are Jews and Gentiles trying to authentically 'walk out' the Instructions for Living as best they can. Remember: Only One Guy was able to keep Torah perfectly, and look what they did to Him!

And that "one Guy" forbad calling anyone "Rabbi". He also stood against those who taught from the Talmud. Which part of His loathing of religion are you having trouble with, Daniel? I don't criticize the rabbi-loving, Name-confused Messianics; I let our Father's Word condemn them, just as His Son did.
Offline VinceB.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:55:40 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Kol meanings 'ALL'; thank God, Yah doesn't mix His Words...we can kind of tell who's been listening to BTR and who hasn't - this was just covered in yesterday's BTR...makes me want to run as far away from Messianic relgious movements as I do anything christian, islam, mormon, secular humanistic, etc etc etc....Yah's way's always singular/single-file; where as the herd is always contrasted as being 'plural' and I don't care what the priests, preachers, teachers, rabbis have to say about it: they're all wrong, and Yah as He literally exists exclusively in His Towrah alone, is always right regardless of feelings or our emotions; lose an arm and/or leg - Yah's word/Towrah is Truth...it is right
HWHY
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:19:53 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Daniel wrote:

I'm not going to criticize for anything, nor condemn you for anything. But I thought I would point out that Taruwah is not the head of the year as Rosh Hashanah implies, the Scriptural new year is the first of Abib, not the first of Tishri. Rosh Hashanah came about when the Yahuwdi under Babylonian captivity adopted the Babylonian calendar.

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Daniel  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 5:11:43 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
And that "one Guy" forbad calling anyone "Rabbi". He also stood against those who taught from the Talmud. Which part of His loathing of religion are you having trouble with, Daniel? I don't criticize the rabbi-loving, Name-confused Messianics; I let our Father's Word condemn them, just as His Son did.

And there it is!

Did you not take note, Richard, that my r's were not capitalized? He said "Rabbi", I said 'rabbi".

Are you suggesting that we cannot use the Hebrew word for "teacher" when referring to anyone who teaches 'Hebrew stuff'?

Richard, I love ya' Brother, but that sort of hyper-literalist thinking is worthy of ridicule.
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline Daniel  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 5:23:10 AM(UTC)
Daniel

James wrote:
I'm not going to criticize for anything, nor condemn you for anything. But I thought I would point out that Taruwah is not the head of the year as Rosh Hashanah implies, the Scriptural new year is the first of Abib, not the first of Tishri. Rosh Hashanah came about when the Yahuwdi under Babylonian captivity adopted the Babylonian calendar.

James wrote:

And as a matter of fact, that was pointed out in the sermon/message/teaching: Taruwah is the first day of the SEVENTH month and began at sundown, yesterday. It is the first day of the SEVENTH month of the BIBLICAL calendar. It is the first day of the year of the CIVIL calendar which is/was used to track the years of the reign of kings and government stuff.

Discussing and clarifying these issues are the type of thing that happen when you actually congregate with others.

In the past 2 years I have attended 9* Messianic congregations:

All of them have something wrong with them.

All of them are trying to 'do-it-right'.

All of the people on this forum would find them beneficial for fellowship, learning and praising YHWH.

*I travel quite a bit!
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline FredSnell  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 6:59:01 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This is just me asking questions. Isn't Yahowshua clear on this matter? I mean if we don't learn from the, Implement exactly what Torah was saying to each of us, can we ever reason together just what His path is? To me I thought anyone that uses the title, "rabbi" is already showing their thoughts to us when they don't except the Implements message. Doesn't a title, any title, presume entitlement. Don't all of us become equal under the blood when we learn the, Implements message of salvation? I would never think myself anything other than like Yada said yesterday on the btr show. We are all tools, some duller than others, but in that, we would ever dare think anothers interpretation is more flawed than anothers once we except Father. I think He was clear in the matter, and if I am wrong on this please point it out to me b/c I love being right, but am wrong a lot, just ask around!

Are we all chosen once we except the The Messiahs word that The Word is The Way, and to me, people with titles want special honor, and rewards for who they are. No one should be called rabbi, teacher, pastor, prophet, apostle, etc.
Matt.
23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Rabbi, even the Messiah; and all ye are brethren.
23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your master, even the Messiah.
23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Offline Walt  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 9:32:28 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

encounterHim wrote:
This is just me asking questions. Isn't Yahowshua clear on this matter? I mean if we don't learn from the, Implement exactly what Torah was saying to each of us, can we ever reason together just what His path is? To me I thought anyone that uses the title, "rabbi" is already showing their thoughts to us when they don't except the Implements message. Doesn't a title, any title, presume entitlement. Don't all of us become equal under the blood when we learn the, Implements message of salvation? I would never think myself anything other than like Yada said yesterday on the btr show. We are all tools, some duller than others, but in that, we would ever dare think anothers interpretation is more flawed than anothers once we except Father. I think He was clear in the matter, and if I am wrong on this please point it out to me b/c I love being right, but am wrong a lot, just ask around!

Are we all chosen once we except the The Messiahs word that The Word is The Way, and to me, people with titles want special honor, and rewards for who they are. No one should be called rabbi, teacher, pastor, prophet, apostle, etc.
Matt.
23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Rabbi, even the Messiah; and all ye are brethren.
23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your master, even the Messiah.
23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

WELL said brother
I bypass structured organizations with a man/woman as appointed leader(s)

That's one of the good things about this site, we are ALL equal to share insights/understandings/discoveries, to question, and to learn from each other.
One might counter that James is a leader here as moderator, which is not true (as his behavior here shows) - he is here to keep order and keep things neat & tidy, more like a house keeper butler - a servant.
That may be why Yada doesn't participate here, he doesn't want to be elevated to be more than an equal brother. Even in his writings, he has others review & critique them before he puts them out to the public. He is open to criticism and to re-look & re-examine what he "teaches" (he is teachable). This is evident in his having to update his writings and from once being a defender of Paul to now exposing & denouncing his lies.
Offline FredSnell  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:28:09 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have a bad habit when talking with ppl, I'll say, "you see what I'm sayin?"..impossible, but thanks, Walt, you did see what I was sayin...sounds like your getting better!