logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tagim  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 4:46:54 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Apart from the best news in my life, and that is getting to know Yah, I thought to share my recent good event. I have just been told my prostate cancer radiation treatments were successful. This now is the third time I have overcome malignant cancer. I feel Yah continually extends my life for the good I intend to accomplish for all the time he gives me. I thank you for your kind and sincere prayers. I just love to hear good news occurring in our harsh reality world. Please let me hear yours.
Offline Daniel  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 9:15:40 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Baruch YHWH!

Great news, Bill.

Sounds like He has another mission for you, Marine!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Walt  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 10:28:40 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

AWESOME report Bill, how's the ribs doing?
Offline Richard  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 11:14:25 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
HalleluYAH!
Offline FredSnell  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 2:13:14 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yea, way to go Bill!!!...May Father continue assisting the healing of His children.
Offline tagim  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 6:13:08 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Ribs are still very sore.

Come'n members; let me hear your good news!
Offline Yah Tselem  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:39:19 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That's great Bill. Okay, I got some good news too. As I've posted before, I've struggled in my health the last couple years. It is due to 3 endocrine diseases that I've developed.. basically it came down to the fact that my thyroid stopped working and threw everything completely off. I also wasn't absorbing nutrients, so I had become deficient in all the major vitamins. For a year or so I thought I was either dying or slipping into a coma, I did not have the energy to walk to the mailbox.. and I was very active before it happened- I either worked out or played hoops just about every day. Anyways, I found a doc in Dec that figured things out and now I am doing so much better, especially the last month or so - almost back to normal. A little more tweaking of the thyroid meds and I think I will be fine. We finally had a party this weekend at our house for the first time in a couple years, which is a big deal because I was very social before I got sick and then I didn't feel well enough to be around anyone for the longest time.. and now I do. And I even went to play hoops recently, which was also a big deal, as I hadn't been on the court for over a year.
I thank Yah for his healing and I look forward every day to Him revealing more about Himself to us.
Offline tagim  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:50:05 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

That is good to hear, YT. Yes, I remember your post, rather depressing about job and health. I must admit, as you will, being here, learning Torah, getting to know Yah, coming closer to him, takes care of all issues in our lives. Focus, define, understand, resolve and act. Once on that path to know Yah, praise Him, one is helpless to turn back, being so mindful and appreciative of our new corrective lenses.
Offline Richard  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:33:01 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

That is certainly a wonderful report, Yah Tselem!
Offline Walt  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:46:04 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

GREAT news Yah Tselem, and an encouragement to me.
Good news I have to report that even though my vac & sick time ran out, some of my unmet family of Yah here steeped in & helped fill that gap.
HalliluYah for Yah working through people like that.
Offline danshelper  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:51:22 AM(UTC)
danshelper

The good news of physical healing is wonderful – a great blessing and I rejoice with all of you who are experiencing this good news! Tagim, you also point out the greater healing, the spiritual good news of “our new corrective lenses.”

Your use of the term “corrective lenses “ is normally applied to a physical thing - eye sight - but in this case you mean a spiritual thing - the eyes of the mind/understanding. You point out a correspondence between the physical and spiritual.

Quote:
The whole natural world corresponds to the spiritual world, and not merely the natural world in general, but also every particular of it; and as a consequence everything in the natural world that springs from the spiritual world is called a correspondent.”
….
“It has been said above that the spiritual world, which is heaven, is conjoined with the natural world by means of correspondences; therefore by means of correspondences communication with heaven is granted to man. For the angels of heaven do not think from natural things, as man does; but when man has acquired a knowledge of correspondences he is able, in respect to the thoughts of his mind, to be associated with the angels, and thus in respect to his spiritual or internal man to be conjoined with them. That there might be such a conjunction of heaven with man the Word was written wholly by correspondences, each thing and all things in it being correspondent.” http://www.scienceofcorrespondences.com/correspondences.htm

Viewing the Word through the Science of Correspondences requires our spiritual eyes to be opened, revealing an internal meaning of the Scriptures. This has been a heart-lifting, mind-stretching, joyful study for me and I have not found the study of correspondences before in the 30 years of my Scripture study, so this is the spiritual good news I share. The FAQ is a good place to start: http://www.scienceofcorrespondences.com/faq.htm, but this is a vast and challenging study.

You'll need to try and leave all prejudices aside and adjust to an earlier writing style, but to me, it's well worth the effort. YHWH bless you all.

Offline FredSnell  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 2:51:12 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I put my trust in Yah, 100%.
My wife is getting so much better. I have spoken to some brothers on this forum by phone and they know her story somewhat, but to be a witness myself to her healing has been wonderful for me. I just love seeing Fathers hand at work. I will tell her story when she's back to her 100% self.
Offline Richard  
#13 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 8:47:55 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

danshelper wrote:
Viewing the Word through the Science of Correspondences requires our spiritual eyes to be opened, revealing an internal meaning of the Scriptures.

I might have been more receptive to "the Science of Correspondences" if Yahowah's Towrah, Yahowsha', and/or one of the envoys had referred to it in the ancient texts which have survived until today. From what I read at the SoC web site, there is nothing about it which could not have been easily understood by the general population as far back as historic records go. So the silence of Scripture and the later writings about the SoC cautions me to avoid it.
Offline danshelper  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:25:32 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Quote:
I might have been more receptive to "the Science of Correspondences" if Yahowah's Towrah, Yahowsha', and/or one of the envoys had referred to it in the ancient texts which have survived until today.

Though the word (correspondences) may not be used in Scripture, the concept is used throughout. Parables use physical things to describe spiritual things and these correspond to one another.

When our Savior said that He is the bread of life, we know He means spiritual food, not physical. When He spoke about living water to the Samaritan woman, it was spiritual water, the water of Truth, not physical water. His words that “seeing they do not see and hearing they do not hear” mean that they do not see and hear with the heart and mind – their inner, spiritual body – not their physical body. We’re told we must be born anew – this is spiritual, using language of the physical. In these examples correspondence is the relationship between the physical and the spiritual.

It makes rational sense to me, that the Word of God would be like a man. A man is both internal and external. His heart and mind, what he loves, what he believes, his personality – these are the internal man. Then there is the external, physical body. But the “real man” is the inner man. “As a man thinks in his heart, so he is.” “As in water, face reflects face, so the heart of a man reflects the man.”

It makes rational sense to me that the Word of God, the Son, would have an internal and external composition just like a man. And the external corresponds to the internal, like a smile (external) corresponds to an affection or feeling (internal).

Quote:
Now, this law of correspondences, or natural and spiritual counterparts, is the law according to which the letter of the Sacred Scriptures was written. In the literal sense, natural things are spoken of, but, in the inward meaning, which is always spiritual, there are truths expressed about those spiritual things of which the things of the letter are correspondences, or counterparts.

The literal sense of the Bible is addressed to the senses of the natural man; but the spiritual meaning is addressed to man's inward and rational thought, his ability to see and to know spiritual things. The literal sense is read in the light of the natural senses, but the inward meaning is read in the light of the spirit.

… And so our Lord teaches us, by using, in His Scriptures, the terms and ideas common to our natural thought, and yet by giving them an inner meaning, which is figurative, and yet well-defined and exact, because it is in correspondence with the outer meaning, as the inward soul is in correspondence with its outward body. http://www.scienceofcorrespondences.com/word-2.htm

Offline Richard  
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:36:58 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

I understand what you're saying, sis. My point was not to put down the SoC, but rather to state that I am not certain it has anything I cannot get from studying Yahowah's Towrah. It might be helpful, but I'll never know. Perhaps it is a matter of my own intellectual limitations. I do not see how I can absorb all that is offered through the SoC site and still give our Father the study time His instructions deserve. There are those who can probably do that with ease, who are able to speed-read with amazing comprehension. I am not one of them, and I have learned how to accept and live with that, even though I don't like it much.

I am sorry if I came across like I was dismissing what you were sharing. That was not my intention at all. Your input in these forums has been helpful and valuable, and I know that I am not alone in feeling gratitude for your presence here.

Shalom.
Offline tagim  
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:58:13 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Danshelper, I am a sucker for most references posted, and as a result I did read extensively on the correspondences. In fact, I spent the most part of two days reading your reference. Unquestionably, the author was the most astute and brilliant of the science of man in his day, and probably still in our time. In reading the Torah, especially the earlier writings, it is apparent to me that Yah does explain to educate His people by patterns, experiences to instances that can be compared to every days life, morally and immorally. For every thing, there is a counterpart and, to me, an external and internal would fit the author's proposition. It is one of the better papers I have read demonstrating the factual connection (correspondences) between heaven and earth. To read all his works, I would have to live another twenty years, something very unlikely. However, I do intend investing a significant numbers of hours to the treatise. Thank you for the referral.
Offline danshelper  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:19:04 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Quote:
Love perceives Truth more quickly, then it is transmitted to the understanding. http://www.scienceofcorrespondences.com/the-ascension--john-21--mark-16-.htm

This has certainly been my experience in reading and pondering the SoC. Much of what I read resonates with my heart far more quickly than I grasp it with my mind.

Quote:
Perhaps it is a matter of my own intellectual limitations

Quote:
To read all his works, I would have to live another twenty years, something very unlikely

What is so amazing and heart-lifting to consider is – that these limitations of intellect and time are only part of our physical existence. They are not part of our spiritual existence. Through regeneration – the birth of our spiritual body – we enter the realm of eternity where these limitations do not exist.

Our spiritual existence is “infinite possibility.” I don’t understand this with my mind, but I embrace it with my heart! Through regeneration, we “possess life”. We have “passed from death to life.” This is our spiritual existence while still in our physical bodies, and will be even more so when we “put off the tent” of our physical body. In our spiritual life, there are no more limitations and we will continue into eternity to grow in love and knowledge of the Truth.

How beautifully fitting, that the continuous progression in love and wisdom into eternity, would be our gift from Him whose name is Wonderful! – Judges 13:18, Isaiah 9:6

Offline FredSnell  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:04:18 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

In my mind I kept thinking, howcome this guy wasn't at least let in on all the corruption (really?) that's so prolific on those pages, but I kept reading until I reached here. Then I started getting a little clearer picture. Maybe there's an alternate motive to his ascension he speaks of..maybe up was down?

"But the scientific white man knows that the earth is a globe, and that it rotates on its own axis, and also revolves about the sun. And these facts are plain to him, after he has learned them. If the Lord, as a Spirit, wishes to speak to men, He will speak to them in the same way in which they speak to each other, when they speak as spiritual beings. And when you read what our Lord says to men, you are to interpret His sayings by the same laws which you must use in interpreting the inward meaning of what men say to each other."

"But the scientific white man knows that the earth is a globe, and that it rotates on its own axis, and also revolves about the sun. And these facts are plain to him, after he has learned them."...I think this guy should join up with Pastor Manning on YT.