logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 8:19:03 AM(UTC)
Yada

With the 3 Fall Miqra coming up in Sept./Oct., I thought I would post this on the forum. Yada has dated the remaing Miqra ("appointments with the Boss") through 2010 - he is currently working on the rest.

Quote:
Yahweh’s Remaining Miqra Appointments:

During the nearly 6,000 years of human history prior to mechanization, Yahweh told us to use the first sighting of the new moon to establish the first day of each new month. It was the best way to keep time and worked no matter where someone lived. Then, to adjust the lunar method of reckoning time with the solar year, God called the first month of His annual calendar “Abib.” The word describes the formation of young barley ears, the first grain to form in the Spring in Yisra’el.

Yahweh’s year thus began at the first crescent moon sighting after the formation of barley kernels. For all practical purposes, that is the new moon closest to the vernal equinox (March 22nd) each year.

The first three Miqra, Passover, Unleavened Bread, and FirstFruits are celebrated in succession in the Spring on the 14th, 15th, and 16th day of the lunar month of Abib. They were fulfilled, played out in human history by the Messiah Yahushua. He ate Passover with His disciples after sundown on Thursday, March 31st, 33 CE. He served as the Passover Lamb on Friday, Abib/Nisan 14th, 4000, which was April 1st, 33 CE on our pagan calendar. He fulfilled the promises in Unleavened Bread the following day on the Sabbath of Abib/Nisan 15th, 4000, which we know as Saturday, April 2nd, 33 CE. And Yahshua rose on FirstFruits. That was Abib 16th, 4000 on Yahuweh’s calendar and the first day of the week, April 3rd, 33 CE on ours.
Seven times seven days following the day after the special Sabbath of Unleavened Bread is the Festival of Fifty, named Pentecost in Greek. Seven Sevens was fulfilled right on schedule on Sivan 6, 4000, or May 22nd, 33 CE, when the Spirit came upon the ekklesia/out-calling.

In the Fall, on the 1st, 10th, and 15th day of Tishri, the seventh month, Yahweh reminds us to meet with Him and celebrate the prophetic Miqra of Taruw’ah/Trumpets, Yom Kippur/Atonement, and Sukkot/Tabernacles. They foretell the day Yahuwdym will be harvested by Yahshua, the day Yahshua will return (Tishri 10, 6000 which will be Monday October 3rd, 2033), and the beginning of the Millennial Sabbath (Tishri 15, 6000, which is the Sabbath of October 8th, 2033). It represents the time when Yahweh will camp out with humankind for one thousand years.

Here are the dates Yahweh established for His annual meetings with His family:

Passover / Pesach Abib – First Month 14 (Starts at twilight of 13th)
Unleavened Bread / Matsah Abib – First Month 15 (lasts seven days)
FirstFruits / Bikurim Abib – First Month 16
Seven Sevens / Shavout Seven sevens (49 days) from the day after Unleavened Bread
Trumpets / Taruw’ah Tishri – Seventh Month 1
Atonement / Kippur Tishri – Seventh Month 10
Tabernacles / Sukkot Tishri – Seventh Month 15

Here are those same dates superimposed on man’s pagan calendar:

2007 Starts At Sundown On Ends At Sunset On

Passover / Pesach Monday April 2 Tuesday April 3
Unleavened Bread / Matsah Tuesday April 3 Tuesday April 10
FirstFruits / Bikurim Wednesday April 4 Thursday April 5
Seven Sevens / Shavout Tuesday May 22 Wednesday May 23
Trumpets / Taruw’ah Wednesday September 12 Thursday September 13
Atonement / Kippur Friday September 21 Sabbath September 22
Tabernacles / Sukkot Wednesday September 26 Wednesday October 3

2008 Starts At Sundown On Ends At Sunset On

Passover / Pesach Sabbath April 19 Firstday April 20
Unleavened Bread / Matsah Firstday April 20 Firstday April 27
FirstFruits / Bikurim Monday April 21 Tuesday April 22
Seven Sevens / Shavout Firstday June 8 Monday June 9
Trumpets / Taruw’ah Monday September 29 Tuesday September 30
Atonement / Kippur Wednesday October 8 Thursday October 9
Tabernacles / Sukkot Monday October 13 Monday October 20

2009 Starts At Sundown On Ends At Sunset On

Passover / Pesach Wednesday April 8 Thursday April 9
Unleavened Bread / Matsah Thursday April 9 Thursday April 16
FirstFruits / Bikurim Friday April 10 Sabbath April 11
Seven Sevens / Shavout Thursday May 28 Friday May 29
Trumpets / Taruw’ah Friday September 18 Sabbath September 19
Atonement / Kippur Firstday September 27 Monday September 28
Tabernacles / Sukkot Friday October 2 Friday October 9

2010 Starts At Sundown On Ends At Sunset On

Passover / Pesach Monday March 29 Tuesday March 30
Unleavened Bread / Matsah Tuesday March 30 Wednesday March 31
FirstFruits / Bikurim Wednesday March 31 Thursday April 1
Seven Sevens / Shavout Tuesday May 18 Wednesday May 19
Trumpets / Taruw’ah Wednesday September 8 Thursday September 9
Atonement / Kippur Friday September 17 Sabbath September 18
Tabernacles / Sukkot Wednesday September 22 Wednesday September 29

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Tiffany  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 9:48:55 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

So since the Trumpets / Taruw’ah Miqra is coming up this next week...Wednesday September 12 - Thursday September 13, anyone have any plans?
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2007 6:22:39 PM(UTC)
kp

I plan to spend the evening of the 12th (as I do every Wednesday) studying the Word with a handful of brothers and sisters from my local congregation. As it turns out, this is my once-a-month turn to pick out and lead a few worship songs, so I've chosen a tongue-in-cheek "rapture day" selection---songs with pregnant titles like "Let it Rise," "Take Me Higher," "Above All," "Meet with Me..." you get the picture. I only wish our praise band had a full horn section. :-)

kp
Offline Adderley  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2007 7:52:54 PM(UTC)
Adderley
Man

Unfortunately I'm scheduled for work on the 12th, but I'm off from both work and school on the 13th (the rabbinic "New Year").
Offline Ruchamah  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2007 6:43:21 PM(UTC)
Ruchamah

A word about Yom Teruah:

Traditionally, Yom Teruah is seens as Yom haDin...the Day of Judgment. It is also considered the birthday of the world, ie creation was begun on this day. (Some say Adam and Chavah were created on this day)

The foods that symbolize this day are apples, Challah, and honey. The Challah is made round rather than traditional braided Challah, representing the yearly cyle of life. The word for year, SHANAH comes from the root word meaning *to repeat*. After the blessing over the bread, a piece of challah is dipped in honey and we say, For a good and sweet year!

It is also customory to hear at least 30 blasts of the shofar, Tekia, Shevarim, Teruah:
1. Tekiah -- one long, straight blast
2. Shevarim -- three medium, wailing sounds
3. Teruah -- 9 quick blasts in short succession

In the afternoon of Yom Teruah, it is also a custom to go to a body of living water, with a pocketful of rocks. As you toss the rocks into the water give each one the name of a sin you have been guilty of during the course of the year. This reminds us that this year will be different! This year we will strive to walk righteous and upright lives! This tradition is called TACHLISH, or throwing.

The customary greeting of the season of Yom Teruah is: "L'shana Tova -- Ketivah vi-chatima Tova." For a good year: may u be inscribed and sealed in the good (Book of Life).

Chag Sameach!
Ruchamah
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 11:31:15 AM(UTC)
Yada

The following excerpt was included in an e-mail sent to me. With many wondering how the Miqra this month might/should be observed and celebrated. You can find the source of this information here.

I have also attached Yada's dating the remaining Miqra events. Please see below.

I invite your comments.

Quote:
Yom Teruah (Day of Blowing) No buying or selling for two days. Cooking permitted on Yom Teruah, but not on Shabbat.

Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) The specific commandment is to afflict oneself. This is traditionally done by abstaining from both food and water. However, diabetics (and pregnant women) may eat, but must find some other means of afflicting themselves (e.g., sackcloth).

First Day of Sukkot (Tabernacles) No buying or selling for two days. Cooking permitted on the high day, but not on Shabbat.

Shemini Atzeret (8th day of Sukkot) No buying or selling for two days. Cooking permitted on the high day, but not on Shabbat.

File Attachment(s):
H Miqra Dates1.doc (38kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 9:38:00 PM(UTC)
Yada

Just wondering which of Fall feasts were considered special Sabbath observances (no work)? I asked Adderley in the YY Study Group room on Paltalk but he didn't have a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 2:48:10 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
bitnet wrote:
However, I have since received word from a Nazarene that the new moon was not sighted in Israel last night. So this means that Yom Taruw'ah falls on evening 1 Oct to evening 2 Oct.

Bitnet said this on another thread, does this now shift the dates of Atonement and Tabernacles?

That would mean these dates:

Trumpets / Taruw’ah Monday September 29 Tuesday September 30
Atonement / Kippur Wednesday October 8 Thursday October 9
Tabernacles / Sukkot Monday October 13 Monday October 20

Would now become these dates:

Trumpets / Taruw’ah Monday October 01 Tuesday October 02
Atonement / Kippur Wednesday October 10 Thursday October 11
Tabernacles / Sukkot Monday October 15 Monday October 22

???
Offline bitnet  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:23:25 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Yes, I do know that the new moon calculations and other observatories have shown the new moon (http://www.die.net/moon/) and I had used it as a guide for observing Yom Taruw'ah on the night of 30 September. However, I was surprised when I was given a report that the new moon was not sighted in Israel! It may be because of atmospheric conditions but nonetheless it was not sighted. It know that we can calculate it till Messiah Yahushua comes but I am wondering about the "sighting" part. Now I am not an expert at this so I am asking anyone who is looking into this to come up with some sort of explanation as I have been thoroughly confused by that negative report. I am also looking at the Karaite website for confirmation but have not seen anything yet. In fact, I asked jojocc who resides in Israel to go investigate the situation.

In the back of my mind I am reminded of Mat 24:36 “But concerning that day and the hour no one knows, not even the messengers of the heavens, but My Father only." And Mar 13:32 “But concerning that day and the hour no one knows, not even the messengers in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Now I almost understand what this means in its entirety!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:46:42 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I was thinking the same thought bitnet, is it not by us looking up to the heavens rather than NASA telling us when the New Moon is? NASA definitely helps but shouldn't we be the ones to say "I sighted the new moon tonight, we party tonight!" It was too cloudy here, I briefly looked but just saw clouds.
Offline Mike  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:57:02 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Matthew, Bitnet, and Swalchy,

Myself and twenty other people looked for the new moon sliver last night 9-30-2008 at sunset and did not see it. We will look again tonight and probably see it. The new moon sliver was not seen in North America last night. You may have been able to see the new moon sliver in South America last night, September 30, 2008. The new moon sliver was spotted in the Commonwealth of Dominica, South Africa and Australia. So for Texas anyway it looks like our dates will be:
Trumpets / Taruw’ah Monday October 01 Tuesday October 02
Atonement / Kippur Wednesday October 10 Thursday October 11
Tabernacles / Sukkot Monday October 15 Monday October 22

This is why Yom Taruw’ah is called the day that no man knows; because we expected to see the new moon sliver last night but did not see it. We are instructed to keep watch.

Here are a couple of websites to look at for new moon reports.

http://www.truthofyahweh.org/moon.htm#photolink

http://www.newmoonreport.org/

Lev 23:23 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,
Lev 23:24 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you have a rest, a remembrance of blowing of trumpets, a set-apart gathering.
Lev 23:25 ‘You do no servile work, and you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה.’ ”

I was looking forward to blowing a Shofar last night, but probably tonight. The kids here made trumpets out of PVC pipe and cut up milk jugs. Then they painted them and they actually sound pretty good.

Shalom,

Mike
Offline kp  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:15:22 AM(UTC)
kp

God's schedule does not depend upon atmospheric conditions---our ability to actually see the first sliver of the new moon. Yes, before telescopes and computers, sighting the first sliver of the new moon was a simple, low-tech way to tell when the new month had begun, but His truth is truth whether we can see it or not. (There's a lesson in there somewhere). The fact is, the moon reached its minimum on September 29 at 8:12 AM Universal time (formerly known as Greenwich mean time), which means (if I've calculated this right) that this state would have been reached at 12:12 Jerusalem time. This in turn means that Yom Teruah would begin (whether the cloud cover allowed verification from the ground or not) at sundown September 29, Jerusalem time, and would end at sundown September 30. I might remind y'all that we can expect the atmospheric pollution to be so thick on the definitive Day of Atonement and Feast of Tabernacles (in 2033) that nobody will have seen the moon with any clarity for years. But our ability (or inability) to visually verify the word of God does not impact its veracity.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:26:04 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Thanks for clearing the pollution from my eyes, kp! I can see clearly now!

Maybe next year Yom Teruah will be fulfilled.
Offline Mike  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 9:28:04 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
We had perfect clear skies at sunset on September 30, 2008. The reason we didn’t see the new moon sliver on 9-30-2008 was because according to the Naval Observatory it would only have been 4° above the horizon and it set about 20 minutes after sunset. So even though we were standing in a big flat field, the new moon sliver couldn’t be seen. Three reasons, too low to the horizon, moon set too close to sunset (sky is too bright to distinguish the moon before it sets) and only 3% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated.

I wouldn’t count on the NASA and Naval Observatory websites to be up in 2033 after 7 years filled with nuclear/bio-chemical war, giant tsunamis, famine, and other unpleasantness.

We did spot the new moon sliver at sunset on October 1, 2008.

Shalom,

Mike
Offline Yada  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:05:20 AM(UTC)
Yada

I found this video online by Michael Rood. It's entitled: "The Creator's Calendar and the Restoration of All Things." I haven't been able to watch it all but it seems that, apart from Mr. Rood's affinity for the King James version, he basically agrees and confirms with everything Yada has written in YY.

You can watch the video here.