logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marcus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:37:04 AM(UTC)
Marcus

A couple of explanations before I put the post.
I don't make any money if you join this web site (although I am not against it it is just that his affiliate program is not being offered anymore unfortunately)
I do subscribe to his information and I have been following his work for several years. I believe it is valuable
He is totally secular this has nothing to do with any religion.

The reason for posting it. Is it shows how people in the secular world are preparing for the inevitable downfall of the american economy which Ken and Yada have been following scripturally for years.
If you are in america he shows ways to be able to capitalize on the downfall. Which as believers I think YHWH would want us to be in the right position to do so. Since he has been telling us it will happen.
As you hear him talk you will realize that he believes this will be one of the greatest opportunities in economic history for those in the know.
It's not new information it is repackaged information but it is still good information.
Finally I just thought you guys would find it interesting because it details the economic collapse that is going to occur in the us economy.
http://theelevationgroup.net
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:24:56 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Howdy Marcus!..I hope when and if we do have an economic collapse that we don't have blood in the streets, but for some reason, and I guess that reason is that we now know almost 50% do not pay any taxes in the US, that that is more than likely what will happen. Most ppl are no more than 4 meals away from going hunting in the streets...You might be interested in the video. He's pretty informative too, just in a slightly different way...

http://www.youtube.com/w...ur3U&feature=related
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:37:18 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Cheers for that Marcus! I will watch the full length program later today. The intro was enough to grab my attention.
Offline danshelper  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:10:26 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Thank you for the link Marcus – it seems like sound information from the brief intro.

Many times I write things here that are encouragement/admonishment more for myself than anyone else … I think you’re right that “YHWH would want us to be in the right position” or in the word of Scripture, “shrewd”, in order to capitalize on the certain economic downfall (Luke 16:8). But this effort/focus is secondary - becoming spiritually wealthy is certainly first. Purchasing the “spiritual gold” of righteousness is certainly first, seeking the kingdom of YHWH and His righteousness is certainly first.

Revelation 3:18 “I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.”

1 Peter 1:7 “These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Yahushua the Messiah is revealed.”

Job 23:10 “But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.”

I grieve over my spiritual poverty far more than my material … and as a parent, the everlasting inheritance I want to give my children is first and foremost spiritual, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” 3 John 1:4, because “Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.” Proverbs 11:4
Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:36:38 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Just finished reading Creature from Jekyll Island. What a eye-opener on "dishonest weights and measures" that is fiat "money" and all the havoc it creates.

Great deal: – Creature from Jekyll Island and 1 once silver dollar (1922) for $31 (shipping included). It’s now $41 dollars, but with Silver spot being over 35 ounce (it’s dropped from recent high of +45)…still a great bargain with $25 book.
http://www.midasresources.com/store/store.php

On same page they have Survival Bag of 1000 Dimes $2,487.00….pre65 90% silver.
Gosh, I guess in terms of honest money (silver dime=2.49), gas isn’t high (18 cents/gallon in ’64 :^)
Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:17:37 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Like the old joke: The rich man wanted to be buried with his gold bricks. When he went before God with his sack, God asked him, "why did you bring these paving stones with you."

A reminder for those buying precious metals. You must have most shipments insured and plus the broker charges a commission and likewise when you get ready to sell. That's unless you are buying certificates, but then what goods a piece of paper if the, Ship In High Transit hits the fan. I doubt these holding houses will have your interest at heart then. So then you must take actual pocession of it and then be willing to protect it too.
Offline Marcus  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:45:07 AM(UTC)
Marcus

danshelper wrote:
Thank you for the link Marcus – it seems like sound information from the brief intro.

Many times I write things here that are encouragement/admonishment more for myself than anyone else … I think you’re right that “YHWH would want us to be in the right position” or in the word of Scripture, “shrewd”, in order to capitalize on the certain economic downfall (Luke 16:8). But this effort/focus is secondary - becoming spiritually wealthy is certainly first. Purchasing the “spiritual gold” of righteousness is certainly first, seeking the kingdom of YHWH and His righteousness is certainly first.

Revelation 3:18 “I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.”

1 Peter 1:7 “These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Yahushua the Messiah is revealed.”

Job 23:10 “But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.”

I grieve over my spiritual poverty far more than my material … and as a parent, the everlasting inheritance I want to give my children is first and foremost spiritual, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” 3 John 1:4, because “Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.” Proverbs 11:4

I totally agree.
Offline Marcus  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:52:45 AM(UTC)
Marcus

By the way the reality is that the presentation does talk about the gold and silver but just because those are the things that are rising now because of the state of the economy. It is just as important to know when to sell and move on to the next trend in the market in order to capitalize on your gains. It is a cyclical market just like any other.
But what I tough people would find interesting is that we in america in his opinion are between stage six and stage seven of the collapse of our economy.
Offline Marcus  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:33:12 AM(UTC)
Marcus

encounterHim wrote:
Like the old joke: The rich man wanted to be buried with his gold bricks. When he went before God with his sack, God asked him, "why did you bring these paving stones with you."

A reminder for those buying precious metals. You must have most shipments insured and plus the broker charges a commission and likewise when you get ready to sell. That's unless you are buying certificates, but then what goods a piece of paper if the, Ship In High Transit hits the fan. I doubt these holding houses will have your interest at heart then. So then you must take actual pocession of it and then be willing to protect it too.

I am not a financial advisory but what I currently do is half of my investment money is in physical form whether bars or coins that are physically accessible. Half is in physical form with a company (goldmoney.com) out of the country, they actually have a one for one policy which not many companies do. Allot of the companies especially JP Morgan have sold more precious metals than they own, actually it is estimated that they and HSBC have sold 200% the amount of silver that is above ground. In other words when you want your silver they will tell you "we don't have it and there is really nothing you can do about it nani nani boo boo". Gold money will store in one of several world wide storage facilities and you can cash in your metals in any of several currencies not just us dollars. My physical stuff I buy from myself thorough a company I belong to at dealer prices. For example right now I can get 10 oz. silver bars for a dollar over spot. My point is that there is ways of getting it at cheaper prices without having to buy huge amounts.

Definetly don't store it in your home unless you own a safe room or something which I don't. The problem is that people don't even have to know that you own any precious metals all that needs to happen is that a burglar comes in and finds it and bye bye.

A bank during bad times is not good either, try to get to your stuff in a deposit box when a bank goes belly up. There are security companies like Brinx and others but then do you trust the security guard there but you are going to have to trust somewhere. Look it is a difficult decision. But if you are planning on owning allot of it I am sure you can figure where to put it.

As Mike would say buying precious metals for me has nothing to do with the desire to own the metals it has to do with avoiding the consequences of the collapse of the dollar and putting my money in the wise place for now.

Any ways the precious metal thing is a very small part of your whole strategy.
Offline Marcus  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:35:54 AM(UTC)
Marcus

encounterHim wrote:
Howdy Marcus!..I hope when and if we do have an economic collapse that we don't have blood in the streets, but for some reason, and I guess that reason is that we now know almost 50% do not pay any taxes in the US, that that is more than likely what will happen. Most ppl are no more than 4 meals away from going hunting in the streets...You might be interested in the video. He's pretty informative too, just in a slightly different way...

http://www.youtube.com/w...ur3U&feature=related

Awesome I am always looking for these types of videos.

Edited by moderator Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:30:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: fixed quote

Offline sirgodfrey  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:40:20 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Check your PM marcus
Offline Daniel  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:33:40 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Marcus wrote:

Toilet paper, beans and bandaids will be the really valuable things to have on hand.

(My "precious metal" is made from an alloy of Pb.)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline FredSnell  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:27:09 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Daniel wrote:
(My "precious metal" is made from an alloy of Pb.)

Sorry! That didn't sound nice so I took it down, but love the JW quote.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:42:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Daniel  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:15:46 AM(UTC)
Daniel

DukeWayne wrote:
Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline FredSnell  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:14:42 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

So I see, you can profit in a down turn. And here all along, G. Becks been telling his listeners about gold for some time now....from his tower.....http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/94859e42-9cdb-11e0-bf57-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1Q62SBazT
Offline Richard  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:38:00 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Marcus wrote:

Strategy? You're talking investment strategy in a forum? I do and have always lived from paycheck to paycheck. If I missed hours due to illness or some other real emergency, I lost that amount of pay, because not every employer I worked for offered sick days. It was all we could do to pay rent and utilities and buy groceries. So many of us have never had the luxury of disposable income to throw out to investments or vacations or summer cottages or any of that sort of thing. Reading about how buying gold should just be a part of my "investment strategy" serves only to irritate me, brother. And it irritates me a lot. I guess that to those of you luxuriating in those ethereal realms of wealth, those of us down here in the real world are just Specifically-Out-of-Luck, huh. Disgusting, man. Really. May those of you living that way be blessed with a real-life dose of what it is to be in need. And may it last long enough to shake some sense into your heads.

The foregoing is a vent, sincere and heartfelt. Take from it what you will.

Richard
Offline FredSnell  
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:38:20 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

I tried being poor once, Richard, and I hated it, so I do know somewhat, of what you are saying. I've seen plenty of good smart intelligent folks like yourself that can't get off that bottom rung of the economic ladder and also those that just seem to float to the top with little effort at all. I never in my life thought anyone chose to be poor, but if they did and asked me for advice about being poor, I deffinately don't recommend it just bc it does limit ones freedoms in a society like ours. I don't walk in rare-a-fied air myself, but I do choose to get up earlier than the next guy and work a little longer than him if I must. That's always been my strategy. They say it makes, "boney fingers." I say that's a lie!...Sorry brother if you felt irritated by that discussion about gold, but I can't help but think when I hear G. Beck on the radio, he's doing a little manipulating even if he trys to act like he isn't.
Offline Richard  
#18 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:01:00 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Thanks, EH. I used to listen to and watch Glenn Beck often, but not any more. My wife was not pleased with my rant up above, even though she agrees with and knows first-hand my feelings. I won't apologize for my point of view, though, because I have known those who lived better than most others and who, because of their wealth, enjoyed prestige and privilege in what I thought at the time to be Yah's family (Assemblies of God, Beverly Hills Baptist Church in Dallas, etc.). Their disdain for those who were not living at their level of prosperity was right out in the open and was never called out by the pastors who enjoyed the benefits of their friendships with those self-confident rich people.

It is my certain belief that those who think they are the owners of real gold will never possess it. I feel for them, for they have set their hopes on it.

Gotta go.

Richard
Offline Daniel  
#19 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 3:25:24 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
with those self-confident rich people.

Mark wrote:
"It's easier for a camel* to pass through a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."

*my Aramaic scholar/mom says that the word may have been "rope" rather than "camel", which makes a great deal more sense.
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline FredSnell  
#20 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 3:59:51 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Richard, you tell Christy we love her and she is in our thoughts. We will continually be seeking Fathers help in all matters and we always remember her.

Daniel, that makes great sense!..I lost a customer, (i believe) due to the fact he is a member with Lakewood Church here in Houston. Not the, Bob fella I told you guys about (if you bothered). This guy is in his 30's and let me know his position in that place. We were on some subject that I forget what it was, when I mentioned I would pray on it. Aww heck, I messed up there!..Next thing I know I was listening to Joel Olsteen himself, it felt. He went on telling me about his choir row he's in, in case I'm watching tv, I can look for him. He has a front row in the audience if I ever want to come and have a seat and listen. All that was after his telling me of his 3 corvettes, his property in the thousands of acres for hunting and everything else god had bestowed upon him...I don't know how one handles ppl like this?..So I just casually let him know I don't follow any religion of man, not a one. They have inherited lies and are not trying to see it for themselves. They are content living in the lies, and I just left it there. That will more than likely be my last time doing any work for him. When he seen I wasn't impressed with all his toys or his position, he was just a little disappointed I feel. So be it, let the chips fall where they will bc I stand with Yah, through the work provided by the Son.
Have a happy Sabbath all..!!!
Offline FredSnell  
#21 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 5:32:28 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Richard, your newest page is excellent work. My son is trying to teach me how to auto rotate for printing out things where they can be binded into a book like formation. You have some of Yadas stuff there in pdf. Thanks man for all the effort!!!
Offline cgb2  
#22 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 7:21:09 AM(UTC)
cgb2

What about Silver? Affordable for those of modest means, and more tradable for smaller items. Seen gas station sign saying gas 20-cents a galoon if paid in pre-'64 dimes, quarters, half dollars (90% silver content)...actually a bad deal since gas would have to be around $5.20.

Normally silver is around 15-20:1 (16:1 typically) to gold, so is way low and likely to rapidly escalate as dishonest weights and measures of FRNs continues to loose value. Recent drop in silver was due to manipulating margins - in radically unprecedented way.
Offline Striver  
#23 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 7:48:10 AM(UTC)
Striver

Can't begrudge someone the financial success they have earned. And I believe there were several references in scripture of wealthy Followers of the Way.

Can understand the difficulty of entering the Kingdom if you are rich. Sabbath obediance is ussually out the window. Attendance at the called out assemblies? No way. And what about your employees? If you're making it and believe you're blessed would you ever comtemplate looking for the truth? Lots of obstacles. I think I would rather be a plankton in the sea of financial success with a shot at the Kingdom, than a whale with no shot.
Offline Walt  
#24 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 9:19:53 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Richard, understand your stand. I'm not "poor", but I do live paycheck to paycheck pretty much, bought our 1st house (1600 sq ft modular used with little $$ down) and only own 1 vehicle. Don't put any $$ into investments or 401k (though I do have a company funded retirement plan - but I'm not counting on it, figure if I do reach retirement, the govt will be taking it)
My situation is harder now with my accident and not working, I'm praying I'm able to return to work before I use up my vacation & sick time.

General question with the talk of gold & silver - where is it more important to invest, the world / babylonian controlled system or Yah's Kingdom?

Why is it research is showing that the poor are more willing to help those in need than those well off?
Offline Yah Tselem  
#25 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 1:31:26 PM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
the poor are more willing to help those in need than those well off because they sat where the person in need is sitting.. they know how it feels, so they feel compassion. The person who hasn't been in that position can't relate to it and shouldn't pretend to. Good point.
Offline FredSnell  
#26 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 1:53:27 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Offline Marcus  
#27 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 5:11:01 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Assumptions, assumptions- funny thing I did not say whether I was rich or not. And it really does not matter. Wealth is about a mentality. That is why some people can effortlesly make money while others sem to struggle. It is their mind set. Interesting that some major hindering beliefs have come out.

If you are wealthy you are cheep and you don't care about the poor
The wealthy don't live in the real world they live in a dream world where they don't struggle and they judge other from there.
The wealthy only care about money
The wealthy don't help the poor because they don't understand them
The wealthy just like to flaunt their money
money makes you greedy
we should not mix this forum talking about money because this forum is about spiritual growth not physical growth.
ON and On and On . No wonder people are struggling, who wants to be wealthy? I mean it is easier for a camel to go through a needle than for ...... and money is the root of all evil.

First the original post was not about investing, really it was about being prepared and some social proof of the end times. Yada and Ken have written about the imminent soon to happen economic collapse of the U.S.

Yada has been very wealthy and although I don't know him personally I am sure that he has helped allot of people. Especially with his work here. He has alluded to the fact that he is able to do allot of the work here because he is financially independent and it allows him more time to spend researching that others might not have.

Scriptural precedence for being prepared- read the story of Joseph. They prepared for what was coming. And Joseph was very wealthy.

Offline Richard  
#28 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:59:29 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Marcus wrote:
Assumptions, assumptions- funny thing I did not say whether I was rich or not. And it really does not matter. Wealth is about a mentality. That is why some people can effortlesly make money while others sem to struggle. It is their mind set.

With all due respect, Marcus, that is steaming hot bull plop.

Marcus wrote:
Interesting that some major hindering beliefs have come out.

If you are wealthy you are cheep and you don't care about the poor

I never said that.

Marcus wrote:
The wealthy don't live in the real world they live in a dream world where they don't struggle and they judge other from there.

That, too, is a misrepresentation of what was said. Judging from your overall tone, I would say it is intentional.

Marcus wrote:
The wealthy only care about money

Where are you getting this stuff?

Marcus wrote:
The wealthy don't help the poor because they don't understand them

Close, but no cigar. They don't help the poor because they just don't care.

Marcus wrote:
The wealthy just like to flaunt their money

Are you saying that isn't true? I look around, I see the luxury cars, the palatial homes, the bling-bling ... gee, I wonder why.

Marcus wrote:
money makes you greedy

Wha --?!

Marcus wrote:
we should not mix this forum talking about money because this forum is about spiritual growth not physical growth.

On that we are in agreement, which is why I posted in the first place.

I have nothing against wealth or those who are wealthy. My tirade was against those who have wealth and who have the poor taste to flaunt it before those who have way less. Like those "brothers" in the AoG who spent time between Sunday School and Worship Service discussing their acreages and which tractor they should buy to keep all that grass in trim, etc. Meanwhile, there I was with a wife and 6 children and no car, renting a not-so-great house in a not-so-great neighborhood. I worked 6-7 days a week and never asked anyone for anything. So I know what I'm talking about. Did you consider that there might, just might, be some here for whom the very idea of buying anything besides the bare necessities of life is a dream they dare not dream? I doubt it, not from your self-excusing response. I stand on what I said and why I said it.

Marcus wrote:
and money is the root of all evil.

Many of us despise the writings of Paul, even if you did get it wrong.

Marcus wrote:
Yada and Ken have written about the imminent soon to happen economic collapse of the U.S.

So have I and others here.

Marcus wrote:
Scriptural precedence for being prepared- read the story of Joseph. They prepared for what was coming. And Joseph was very wealthy.

There you go again, talking like I said it was evil to be wealthy. Are you so unable to understand what you read?

Yeah, sure, prepare if you can. For some of us, that will be nothing more than being mentally prepared. For some of you, apparently, that will mean going on a buying spree for gold and canned foods and ammunition and whatever else. Go for it. Just don't act like you're the only folks in the family.

Thank you, EncounterHim. Glad to be of service, man!
Offline FredSnell  
#29 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:14:20 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

We should get our spiritual house in order and then our finances along with our physical body, bc, the problem now is survival. While republicans with their endless wars are disappointing, these democrats have proven to be downright dangerous with their endless spending. One can just about stick a fork in america, she's about done!

Offline James  
#30 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 8:57:36 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
To give my two cents, which is more than it's worth probably, The wealthy run the gamut from good to bad just as do the poor. There are wealthy people who have earned there money, there are those who were lucky and in the right place at the right time, and there are those that have not earned there money. There are poor people who are there as a result of bad choices and laziness, there are poor people who are there because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, there are poor people who have been taken advantage of and used. All people run the gamut, and it's not fair to judge anyone based on there economic status any more than on their racial status. Not all poor people deserve to be poor and not all rich people deserve to be rich. Knowing someone's economic status tells your nothing about that person.

Growing up my father was a painter, not in the portrait sense, but a house painter. He worked in one of the wealthiest areas of Dallas and going to work with him I meet people of every social status from the day labor who was working for a meal that night to the mayor of the city, to the US ambassador to Russia to Jerry Jones. I meet poor people who would give you the shirt off there backs and half the food off there plate, and I meet more poor people who cheat you over every chance they got. I meet rich people who were corrupt and as sleazy as they come, and I meet rich people who were among nicest most generous people you would ever meet. One of the ladies my dad worked for was a multi-millionaire who had adopted 15 special needs children and spent her time and money caring for and proving for them. I meet a carpenter who would steal anything he could because, "the rich bastards could afford it." So which one is doing better for our society? I could tell stories of people who were the exact opposite.

The Torah teaches us that we should not find in favor a rich man because he is rich nor a poor man because he is poor. Character is what matters, not economic status.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#31 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:24:36 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

How in the world did this become a discussion about the righteousness or unrighteousness of those within certain economic segments? The original complaint, which I regret even making now, was about the cruelty of the haves discussing wealth-building/protection in the presence of the have-nots. I am amazed that the point was totally missed and not addressed by any responders (which is an answer in itself). Let's drop the whole thing.
Offline FredSnell  
#32 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 2:18:16 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

In my own opinion, the "poor" have a right to gripe. Our circumstances in life in most cases shape our outcome. So if a tough hand has been delt to you and you made the best of it, then you tried just as hard at having a shot at the piece of pie (security,) but it for some reason, it went different than you had figured, or hoped. Love ya, Richard!!!..I recognize you are venting and it's okay, and Marcus sounds like a big enough man that I believe he understands. Shalom, brothers!
Offline Steve in PA  
#33 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 1:08:17 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
hmmm... so we're not just suppose to send in our seed $ and name it and claim it ...?

;)
Offline Richard  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:58:27 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

I sang that song in front of my wife some time back and she cracked up. Had her rolling on the floor with my rendition of "O Lord! It's Hard To Be Humble". Some of those songs from yesteryear are still quite funny.

Just today I was thinking about the late Keith Green's parody song, "So You Want To Go Back To Egypt", and thinking how Yahowsha' told us that once we've put our hand to the plow, we're not to look back at our old life and reconsider our decision. Got taught and blessed all over again. That, plus the brief phone fellowship with Walt this morning, plus getting to spend the whole day with my wife away from the house made today absolutely wonderful. Praise Yah!
Offline FredSnell  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:08:29 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

You are wise beyond all these matters, Richard. Keep forging ahead brother!..Hey was reading this and think you may be interested. We like to think we here(us now) are some of the first ppl to enact such a document (Constitution) but come to find out, the 1st settlers here, were ahead of us by quite some time.

http://www.unclefed.com/...f/HistDocs/iroquois.html

http://www.ratical.org/m...rlds/6Nations/index.html

The more I read about these ppl, the more shame I feel.
Offline Richard  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:38:01 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

encounterHim wrote:
The more I read about these ppl, the more shame I feel.

Why do you feel shame? Did you personally have anything to do with the treachery enacted upon the native peoples of this continent? I refuse to be ashamed for something someone else did yesterday, especially when they did it to someone else I didn't know. That is why I despise those so-called African-Americans who scream that I and all other Caucasians owe them some sort of penalty fee because some other Caucasians I never knew forced into slavery some other people I never knew on lands I have never owned. My wife is African-American, or black, or a Negro, or whatever label man has devised at the time, and she too loathes the mind that would latch onto such an idiotic idea. We are not responsible for the evil done by others, and I refuse to let someone else force a shame onto my shoulders that I do not deserve. I have plenty for which to be ashamed, if I choose to focus on my flaws and criminal acts; I do not need make-believe charges added to that. And I thank Yahowah for His faithfulness and mercy and loving kindnesses towards a wretch like me.

By the way, have you ever considered why Yahowah never specifically condemned the owning of slaves? I think that since "jobs" didn't really exist before the industrial age, one way a man or woman could ensure they had a roof over their head and food to eat was to sell themselves - temporarily or permanently - to a wealthy person as a servant or slave. Just a thought. I mean, Abraham had servants, didn't he?

As for the crimes of the colonizers against the land's original citizens, were they not a result of the arrogant pride of the colonizers themselves? And wasn't that pride a result of their belief that they were right with "God Almighty" and that they natives were sub-human savages? In other words, isn't Christianity to blame when you get right down to it? "I am right with Gawd, and you are just a devil-worshiping barbarian. You are not even worthy of my respect or of any politeness whatsoever. I can lie to you and Gawd will cool with it, because I am His kid and you are a lost devil." The Christians and other religious leaders of the colonies treated the American "Indians" exactly like today's Muslims treat those who are not Muslims. Ain't that a kick in the head?

Love ya.

Richard
Offline VinceB.  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:13:53 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Dang Richard, you are a prime example of the danger of one who spends time with Yahowah, and with Yahowah on His terms - you make to much sense!

And the more I look at the things Paul said and taught to his Christian religionous folk over and against what Yahowah says (making Christians with their Pauline 'pagan' Doctrine blasphemers - mocking God in everything they say, and do...), the more pagan Christianity stinks!

And insofar as I can tell, the more I look over the history of Christianity and Christianity's influences on this world (since Yahowah walked as Yahowsha' on the earth) have probably done more harm to the world than the very overt Muslims with their submissions doctrine (at least with Muslims it's all out in the open, unlike Christianity which thrives under the cover of their 'niceties' and their sensible 'pities'), because with Muslims they are so blatantly wrong, for everyone to see.

The same thing's true with politics, race, slavery - you name it; list is long. It's the same reasons republicans can do so much more harm to Americans than the democrats. All the democrats stuff is out in the open where everyone can see it, whereas republicans hide behind the flag, and their 'pities' and 'niceties' (with their favorite 'Bible' version under their arm as Bill Clinton liked being seen doing), and patriotic rants while enslaving the nation to their Patriot Acts, so as to save the children from terrorists (nobody stopping to think that we have now become the very children they keep referring to...)...GW Bush, as most all republicans do, do all their stuff behind closed doors, and hidden behind their niceties and stuff...
HWHY
Offline James  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:29:40 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
flintface wrote:

By the way, have you ever considered why Yahowah never specifically condemned the owning of slaves? I think that since "jobs" didn't really exist before the industrial age, one way a man or woman could ensure they had a roof over their head and food to eat was to sell themselves - temporarily or permanently - to a wealthy person as a servant or slave. Just a thought. I mean, Abraham had servants, didn't he?

This is very true. "Slavery" in Scripture is not at all what come to mind when people think of the word slave. We think of the horrible institution that was the American slave trade. The American slave trade would never have lasted let alone flourished the way it did if Yah's Towrah had been observed by the American founders. And you point about jobs is 100% on. People worked in trades, and often had apprentices, but by and large each family was it's own business. You worked at the family store, or on the family farm etc. If you were big enough to have someone work for you, it was usually in trade for room and board, with perhaps a small salary.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline FredSnell  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:06:09 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

I guess the shame comes from my own slack. I never ventured any farther than the history handed to me by my people. Sort of like a religion I suppose, we inherit the lies and just accept it as truth without investigation. Growing up really is hard on you. It breaks ones heart knowing the fierceness savages can wrought on peace loving ppl, and over and over in history its happened. So when someone says about remembering history or else, I think I'm going to put my finger over my mouth and shush them, bc all we do is repeat history over and over, and that's the shame of it. We have been more or less, killers in one form or another you might say. Man, know wonder an iron rod will be needed. If I had to instruct us just so we can inherit what is the truth and not veer from it, I think I might you a taser gun, rod iron, barbers belt, fig tree switch or whatever it will take to keep a course true and just. Certainly beyond our grasp or conception in my opinion. I don't think we even process the mentality it will take to run a society that relies on one another's help. It will definitely take someone with way more sense than me (just ask my own sons)..(they can't stand their boss, ssob. sorry son of a (dog), but love their daddy), and way beyond my own comprehension. A Utopian earth with one Instructor. I just can't wait to see that...!...pls let that sound meek.
Offline Richard  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:08:45 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Daniel wrote:
*my Aramaic scholar/mom says that the word may have been "rope" rather than "camel", which makes a great deal more sense.

I have heard that, brother, and you're right. It does make a lot more sense. Christians have said that He was referring to a small gate in the city wall when He said. "eye of a needle". And I have read how the tour guides in Yerushalayim, knowing that to be a total crock, will try to keep a straight face when they point out such an opening to Christian tourists, who always "oooh!" and "ahhhh!" and nod to one another with the gravity of deep wisdom and knowledge.

On a different note, referring to your signature, I am reminded of Eleazar the son of Dodo and Shammah son of Agee (2 Samuel 23). Those guys stood their ground against Yahowah's enemies even when all the other Yisra'elites had run away. I wanna grow up to be like those guys!
Offline In His Name  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:19:51 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Future History chapter 28
Quote:
The illustration of the camel going through the eye of a needle (Greek raphis, a sewing needle) gets to the heart of the matter. The Aramaic word Yahshua probably used, gamla, can mean either camel or rope (since ropes were made from camels’ hair). Either way, the point is not (as is often taught) that the camel must be unloaded--the wealth put down--before one can enter; rather, the point is the utter impossibility of man entering the kingdom of heaven through his own efforts. No matter how hard he tries, he can’t work his way in, and no matter how rich he is, he can’t buy his way in. Only Yahweh can provide access to Yahweh.

Peter, who clearly didn’t get it (yet), was laboring under a works-equals-salvation mentality. Yahshua gently corrected him, shifting his perception to a works-equals-rewards scenario. "Then Peter answered and said to Him, ‘See, we have left all and followed You. Therefore what shall we have?’ So Jesus said to them, ‘Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.’" (Matthew 19:23-30, cf. Mark 10:23-31, Luke 18:24-30) Bringing the conversation back around to his original point, Yahshua reiterated that one’s status in this world--rich or poor, powerful or insignificant, successful or struggling--has absolutely nothing to do with his position in the kingdom of heaven. In fact, in many cases, the roles would be reversed--adversity can build character.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline FredSnell  
#42 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2011 5:03:20 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Some rap music is actually pretty good. Brothers and sisters, I think I'll stay in Hayeks corner on this. The saying in some rap corners is, "mo money, mo problems." I think if that were to be changed to, "mo gov't, mo problems," I might agree with it. Anyhow, enjoy this fun video that is quite entertaining and could possibly enlighten some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQnarzmTOc
Offline FredSnell  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:47:09 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Gold reached, $1654.00 an ounce yesterday. Time to sell my commode. It works as well as a gold one. So I figure maybe half....No one can tell me anylonger after that fiasco in DC that this isn't by design. "Look, do what's patriotic and give up your retirement." These bastards will not be satisfied until they have every last one of us groveling at their feet. The haves, compared to, the have nots has grown leaps and bounds after the stock market rebounded and now they are reporting the distance to which ppl are apart in wealth. If you were well vested in your 401 they you have either made most of you money back and those that can't get a plan going are falling farther into the abyss. This is by design folks. What you have, they want. If you don't believe there are severe penalties coming for, being a little well off then you have been asleep way too long. There's no way they can get this massive debt down any other way. It will in the end be total confiscation I believe.
I forget the Japanese Admirals name that after we were attacked by the Japanese military he mentioned waking the sleeping giant. I bet today he wouldn't utter such words. We are turning into a sleeping little lulliby baby, doped up and can't awaken.
Offline cgb2  
#44 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2011 1:43:23 AM(UTC)
cgb2

All you need to know about the debt deal ;^)

A drunk walks into a bar and tells the bartender, "I was going to buy a drink for everyone in here, but that would cost way to much, I won't do it so I'm making a budget cut...with my savings, give me a bottle of your best scotch".
Offline Richard  
#45 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2011 2:13:16 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Some merchant or another sent out a flyer that screamed in loud colors how we could save huge amounts of money if we were to buy their merchandise during their giant sale. I remarked to my wife, "Here's an idea. Let's not buy anything: we'll save even more!"
Offline cgb2  
#46 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2011 2:37:46 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Offline FredSnell  
#47 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 2:53:14 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Any given year in america. Does this sound like a happy nation?

http://www.michaelparenti.org/HiddenHolocaust.html

27,000 Americans commit suicide.
5,000 attempt suicide; some estimates are higher.
26,000 die from fatal accidents in the home.
23,000 are murdered.
85,000 are wounded by firearms.
38,000 of these die, including 2,600 children.
13,000,000 are victims of crimes including assault, rape, armed robbery, burglary, larceny, and arson.
135,000 children take guns to school.
5,500,000 people are arrested for all offenses (not including traffic violations).
125,000 die prematurely of alcohol abuse.
473,000 die prematurely from tobacco-related illnesses; 53,000 of these are nonsmokers.
6,500,000 use heroin, crack, speed, PCP, cocaine or some other hard drug on a regular basis.
5,000+ die from illicit drug use. Thousands suffer serious debilitations.
1,000+ die from sniffing household substances found under the kitchen sink. About 20 percent of all eighth-graders have "huffed" toxic substances. Thousands suffer permanent neurological damage.
31,450,000 use marijuana; 3,000,000 of whom are heavy usuers.
37,000,000, or one out of every six Americans, regularly use emotion controlling medical drugs. The users are mostly women. The pushers are doctors; the suppliers are pharmaceutical companies; the profits are stupendous.
2,000,000 nonhospitalized persons are given powerful mind-control drugs, sometimes described as "chemical straitjackets."
5,000 die from psychoactive drug treatments.
200,000 are subjected to electric shock treatments that are injurious to the brain and nervous system.
600 to 1,000 are lobotomized, mostly women.
25,000,000, or one out of every 10 Americans, seek help from psychiatric, psychotherapeutic, or medical sources for mental and emotional problems, at a cost of over $4 billion annually.
6,800,000 turn to nonmedical services, such as ministers, welfare agencies, and social counselors for help with emotional troubles. In all, some 80,000,000 have sought some kind of psychological counseling in their lifetimes.
1,300,000 suffer some kind of injury related to treatment at hospitals.
2,000,000 undergo unnecessary surgical operations; 10,000 of whom die from the surgery.
180,000 die from adverse reactions to all medical treatments, more than are killed by airline and automobile accidents combined.
14,000+ die from overdoses of legal prescription drugs.
45,000 are killed in auto accidents. Yet more cars and highways are being built while funding for safer forms of mass transportation is reduced.
1,800,000 sustain nonfatal injuries from auto accidents; but 150,000 of these auto injury victims suffer permanent impairments.
126,000 children are born with a major birth defect, mostly due to insufficient prenatal care, nutritional deficiency, environmental toxicity, or maternal drug addiction.
2,900,000 children are reportedly subjected to serious neglect or abuse, including physical torture and deliberate starvation.
5,000 children are killed by parents or grandparents.
30,000 or more children are left permanently physically disabled from abuse and neglect. Child abuse in the United States afflicts more children each year than leukemia, automobile accidents, and infectious diseases combined. With growing unemployment, incidents of abuse by jobless parents is increasing dramatically.
1,000,000 children run away from home, mostly because of abusive treatment, including sexual abuse, from parents and other adults. Of the many sexually abused children among runaways, 83 percent come from white families.
150,000 children are reported missing.
50,000 of these simply vanish. Their ages range from one year to mid-teens. According to the New York Times, "Some of these are dead, perhaps half of the John and Jane Does annually buried in this country are unidentified kids."
900,000 children, some as young as seven years old, are engaged in child labor in the United States, serving as underpaid farm hands, dishwashers, laundry workers, and domestics for as long as ten hours a day in violation of child labor laws.
2,000,000 to 4,000,00 women are battered. Domestic violence is the single largest cause of injury and second largest cause of death to U.S. women.
700,000 women are raped, one every 45 seconds.
5,000,000 workers are injured on the job; 150,000 of whom suffer permanent work-related disabilities, including maiming, paralysis, impaired vision, damaged hearing, and sterility.
100,000 become seriously ill from work-related diseases, including black lung, brown lung, cancer, and tuberculosis.
14,000 are killed on the job; about 90 percent are men.
100,000 die prematurely from work-related diseases.
60,000 are killed by toxic environmental pollutants or contaminants in food, water, or air.
4,000 die from eating contaminated meat.
20,000 others suffer from poisoning by E.coli 0157-H7, the mutant bacteria found in contaminated meat that generally leads to lifelong physical and mental health problems. A more thorough meat inspection with new technologies could eliminate most instances of contamination – so would vegetarianism.
At present:

5,100,000 are behind bars or on probation or parole; 2,700,000 of these are either locked up in county, state or federal prisons or under legal supervision. Each week 1,600 more people go to jail than leave. The prison population has skyrocketed over 200 percent since 1980. Over 40 percent of inmates are jailed on nonviolent drug related crimes. African Americans constitute 13 percent of drug users but 35 percent of drug arrests, 55 percent of drug convictions and 74 percent of prison sentences. For nondrug offenses, African Americans get prison terms that average about 10 percent longer than Caucasians for similar crimes.
15,000+ have tuberculosis, with the numbers growing rapidly; 10,000,000 or more carry the tuberculosis bacilli, with large numbers among the economically deprived or addicted.
10,000,000 people have serious drinking problems; alcoholism is on the rise.
16,000,000 have diabetes, up from 11,000,000 in 1983 as Americans get more sedentary and sugar addicted. Left untreated, diabetes can lead to blindness, kidney failure and nerve damage.
160,000 will die from diabetes this year.
280,000 are institutionalized for mental illness or mental retardation. Many of these are forced into taking heavy doses of mind control drugs.
255,000 mentally ill or retarded have been summarily released in recent years. Many of the "deinstitutionalized" are now in flophouses or wandering the streets.
3,000,000 or more suffer cerebral and physical handicaps including paralysis, deafness, blindness, and lesser disabilities. A disproportionate number of them are poor. Many of these disabilities could have been corrected with early treatment or prevented with better living conditions.
2,400,000 million suffer from some variety of seriously incapacitating chronic fatigue syndrome.
10,000,000+ suffer from symptomatic asthma, an increase of 145 percent from 1990 to 1995, largely due to the increasingly polluted quality of the air we breathe.
40,000,000 or more are without health insurance or protection from catastrophic illness.
1,800,000 elderly who live with their families are subjected to serious abuse such as forced confinement, underfeeding, and beatings. The mistreatment of elderly people by their children and other close relatives grows dramatically as economic conditions worsen.
1,126,000 of the elderly live in nursing homes. A large but undetermined number endure conditions of extreme neglect, filth, and abuse in homes that are run with an eye to extracting the highest possible profit.
1,000,000 or more children are kept in orphanages, reformatories, and adult prisons. Most have been arrested for minor transgressions or have committed no crime at all and are jailed without due process. Most are from impoverished backgrounds. Many are subjected to beatings, sexual assault, prolonged solitary confinement, mind control drugs, and in some cases psychosurgery.
1,000,000 are estimated to have AIDS as of 1996; over 250,000 have died of that disease.
950,000 school children are treated with powerful mind control drugs for "hyperactivity" every year – with side effects like weight loss, growth retardation and acute psychosis.
4,000,000 children are growing up with unattended learning disabilities.
4,500,000+ children, or more than half of the 9,000,000 children on welfare, suffer from malnutrition. Many of these suffer brain damage caused by prenatal and infant malnourishment.
40,000,000 persons, or one of every four women and more than one of every ten men, are estimated to have been sexually molested as children, most often between the ages of 9 and 12, usually by close relatives or family acquaintances. Such abuse almost always extends into their early teens and is a part of their continual memory and not a product of memory retrieval in therapy.
7,000,000 to 12,000,000 are unemployed; numbers vary with the business cycle. Increasing numbers of the chronically unemployed show signs of stress and emotional depression.
6,000,000 are in "contingent" jobs, or jobs structured to last only temporarily. About 60 percent of these would prefer permanent employment.
15,000,000 or more are part-time or reduced-time "contract" workers who need full-time jobs and who work without benefits.
3,000,000 additional workers are unemployed but uncounted because their unemployment benefits have run out, or they never qualified for benefits, or they have given up looking for work, or they joined the armed forces because they were unable to find work.
80,000,000 live on incomes estimated by the U.S. Department of Labor as below a "comfortable adequacy"; 35,000,000 of these live below the poverty level.
12,000,000 of those at poverty's rock bottom suffer from chronic hunger and malnutrition. The majority of the people living at or below the poverty level experience hunger during some portion of the year.
2,000,000 or more are homeless, forced to live on the streets or in makeshift shelters.
160,000,000+ are members of households that are in debt, a sharp increase from the 100 million of less than a decade ago. A majority indicate they have borrowed money not for luxuries but for necessities. Mounting debts threaten a financial crack-up in more and more families.
Offline tagim  
#48 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 8:10:13 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

so, are you saying we have problems?
Offline cgb2  
#49 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 1:19:48 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Interesting article. I'd say most of america is well advanced in Stage 2 and cities like Detriot well into Stage 3.

http://www.shtfplan.com/...onomic-collapse_02282012
Offline JamesH  
#50 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 6:09:30 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was wondering

Is any one here at YY able to live off the grid or considered what it takes to live self sustaining or tried to prepare to live self sustaining? 

This article has got me thinking. Could a monetary collapse happen ?

http://www.reuters.com/a...ro-idUSBRE9170N220130208

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_war