logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FredSnell  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2011 5:09:11 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Robskiwarrior,,,are you gone?...I have no pride myself so I'm down on my knees begging you brothers to re-emrge on this board. We of little light need you guys that have ventured farther that alot of us, in helping us shed light on the path. I go back and re-read alot of you guys stuff and wish and pray for you guys to re-engage this forum.
If not, then peace brothers. But you and your wisdom are missed.
Offline tagim  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2011 2:53:53 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Nicely said, enlightenHim. It is sad more is not done or that more is needed to bind those we need or that need us.
Offline J&M  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2011 2:58:15 AM(UTC)
J&M

tagim & encounterHim

Please see your PM

Offline Richard  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2011 7:21:43 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Robskiwarrior wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8652837.stm?ls

This old guy needs some beef. lol

Did you notice those guys at the end of the clip who were circumnavigating the statue behind the commentator and praying to it? Man! I hate religion!
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2011 2:32:49 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
encounterHim wrote:
Robskiwarrior,,,are you gone?...I have no pride myself so I'm down on my knees begging you brothers to re-emrge on this board. We of little light need you guys that have ventured farther that alot of us, in helping us shed light on the path. I go back and re-read alot of you guys stuff and wish and pray for you guys to re-engage this forum.
If not, then peace brothers. But you and your wisdom are missed.

I was just gonna say that even though they (i.e. M&J) don't post they still have a look here now and then.

I'm in almost daily contact with them (Rob, Swalchy, kp, ICY, Jude, etc) and they've all indicated they don't plan to return. Just today Rob and Swalchy said they wouldn't be posting here again, even after Rob discovered today he was no longer suspended, though they did highlight the bugs in the forum software as one of the problems. I personally don't like locking horns with the likes of James, shalom82 and Walt, hence preferring to take a back-seat. You might see an odd post from Jude but she's really busy with her home/personal life so doesn't come here often. As for bitnet I know he's been really busy work-wise as well. As far as I'm aware kp never visits here, though I've never asked him if he does. We do discuss some points Yada makes in his new works but only if I present it to him for a comment.

For interest sake, we do still discuss Yada's work, his influence is still great and keeps us on our toes, no doubt about that, but it could possibly ruffle too many feathers if discussed here. You guys do remember why Swalchy and Robski got suspended?! Anyway, Swalchy is still quite active though in reviewing Yada's work. Just the other day we were discussing the following quote from Yada's Prelude to Yada Yahweh:

Quote:
Removing “Christ” and “God” from this passage [Yada's referring to Galatians 1:6 here], as we must based upon the oldest textual witnesses, we are left with Paul promoting his own “Gospel of Grace,” a message which was entirely “different” than “another” the Galatians had not only heard, but had accepted as true. And since this epistle exists to mount a frontal assault on the veracity and viability of the Torah, the rival message to Paul’s “Gospel of Grace” can be none other than Yahowah’s Towrah.

While it is impossible to reconcile Paul’s letters with Yahowah’s Torah, as they are opposites, theologians will protest and say that charis can be found in the Septuagint, which is a Greek translation of portions of the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. But there are issues with this justification. First, there is no credible evidence to date a Septuagint manuscript to much before the first century CE. The infamous “72 Elders” letter from King Ptolemy, from which the translation gets its name, isn’t remotely credible. So while there are a handful of fragments emanating from the 1st century BCE, all of the partial manuscripts written the 1st and 2nd century CE, were not only scribed in codex form by what we would now refer to as Christians, they were found in collections of “New Testament” manuscripts

It was really only Swalchy who addressed Yada's view of the word charis, hence why he thinks Yada went into so much depths trying to defend his position in his Prelude. Also, Swalchy was laughing because he thinks Yada had specifically labelled him a "theologian," even though he does acknowledge that Yada could be saying it in a general sense to anybody who disagrees with him on the subject and not directly at Stephen. But I'm sure you guys can see Swalchy's point of view. It would be nice if Yada could've provided an example of a theologian, you know, names of the people and where they say such things.

However, I will mention the word charis in its basic meaning of "merciful, loving kindness, grace, favour, goodwill, beauty" has been used many, many times before in loads of other ancient Greek literature dating to many years, some hundreds, to before Paul's, Peter's (i.e. 1 Peter 1:2) and John's (i.e. Rev 22:21) time. One of our main points of discussion was trying to figure why Yada never really mentioned this - literature outside of Scripture - in his Prelude. He does mention "These pagan goddesses [Χάριτες, Graces] of charm, splendor, and beauty, were often depicted in mythology celebrating nature and rejoicing over fertility. Collectively they make four appearances in Homer’s Iliad and three in the Odyssey." However, what Yada didn't say is that the word χαρις appears seventeen times, thirteen as "thanks, pleasure or favour," and once as a noun (one of the Graces called Charis) in Homer's The Iliad. Χάριτες, the plural form, appears three times, as the Graces. So that's four times in reference to the Graces, though only one of those times was it used in the singular form referring to one of the Graces, the one called Charis. Yet thirteen times it was used in it original meaning and not in reference to the Graces. Mind you, that study came from Stephen, so kudos to him ;) Also, the word χαρις appears more times as a word in the Odyssey than in its plural form of Χάριτες in reference to the Graces. And mind you, Paul did not use Χάριτες in his writings.

Here's a link giving an example of the many times the word is used in ancient Greek literature, again kudos to Stephen for showing me it: http://stephanus.tlg.uci...j&action=from-search For interest sake, the link does quote Genesis 6:8 in the LXX, see point II.1
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2011 10:02:30 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I thought I should post after that. lol

I can log in! Woohoo - not been able to do that in about 9 months... I was informed by another member that my suspension had been lifted, I got no formal notification, so sorry if I did not appear back right away, but I basically didn't know.

As for if I will post here again or not, I am still not sure. I still do not know why I was banned/suspended - although Matt said above that we all know. Do we? Can someone tell me? lol

I don't want to cause any kind of conflict here, which is one big reason why I am cautious about posting again. I will be honest with you all too and say I am concerned a little about the way I have seen things dealt with here. Not in my banning - but in the infallibility of Yada. It seems that Yada can no longer be wrong and even with lots of logical and reasonable evidence for the contrary people still put their trust in Yada. This saddens me because I know this is not what Yada wanted to happen. In the beginning it was always "check what I say, tell me where I have messed up", but now you get slammed for asking the questions that need to be asked.

So I am still not sure if I can return, I don't want to see this happen to the people in here - but I don't want to stand up to it and just be seen to be causing problems. It's kinda why it feels so much like religion for me.

I suppose I just want to say, the truth will always stand on it's own. It's our job to keep shaving down the rubbish until we can reveal the whole truth, and each and every one of us does not hold the truth no matter how much we "know". We need to not be scared of being wrong, and instead we should rejoice because finding out we are wrong means we can change and develop our understanding deeper.

Thanks guys - it was nice to say hi again, I just don't know about my future here.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline ks77  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 2:01:50 AM(UTC)
ks77

Robskiwarrior wrote:
I thought I should post after that. lol

I can log in! Woohoo - not been able to do that in about 9 months... I was informed by another member that my suspension had been lifted, I got no formal notification, so sorry if I did not appear back right away, but I basically didn't know.

As for if I will post here again or not, I am still not sure. I still do not know why I was banned/suspended - although Matt said above that we all know. Do we? Can someone tell me? lol

I don't want to cause any kind of conflict here, which is one big reason why I am cautious about posting again. I will be honest with you all too and say I am concerned a little about the way I have seen things dealt with here. Not in my banning - but in the infallibility of Yada. It seems that Yada can no longer be wrong and even with lots of logical and reasonable evidence for the contrary people still put their trust in Yada. This saddens me because I know this is not what Yada wanted to happen. In the beginning it was always "check what I say, tell me where I have messed up", but now you get slammed for asking the questions that need to be asked.

So I am still not sure if I can return, I don't want to see this happen to the people in here - but I don't want to stand up to it and just be seen to be causing problems. It's kinda why it feels so much like religion for me.

I suppose I just want to say, the truth will always stand on it's own. It's our job to keep shaving down the rubbish until we can reveal the whole truth, and each and every one of us does not hold the truth no matter how much we "know". We need to not be scared of being wrong, and instead we should rejoice because finding out we are wrong means we can change and develop our understanding deeper.

Thanks guys - it was nice to say hi again, I just don't know about my future here.

Great post. I'd like it if you guys still dropped by! I search the forum a lot for various things and always enjoy reading you guys' posts.
Offline tagim  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 2:02:12 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Rob, I do not knon the details of what happened way back then, don't care to, as well, I feel, the vast majority of all on this site. Simply speaking, I am elated you did post, and thanks to encounterHim for causing it to happen. All I know from the past, is that you are your kind are certainly missed, as well as Steven. Who cares what happened? Just keep posting, Steven, also. There is far too much knowledge and dedication missing here without you are your kind, however miserable you may be! (just kidding) And if it hurts anyone's feelings, your being here, well, so what. I and everybody else will get over it. We all just want truth. Please stay for the sake of us all. Dissension can be a good thing. Even inlaws can sometimes agree. Remember, Pride is to be "gulp," put down the throat. Welcome.
Offline Walt  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 2:09:31 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

HI Rob
WOOHOO, Praise Yah on you posting here - a prayer answered.

I'm going to to stay out of the "politics" of it all, but I saw NO reason for you to be banned or removed as a moderator other than "guilt by association"

I will say this - If a person (this applies to Yada, KP, Swalchy or anyone else) doesn't want their works and views critiqued or criticized - then don't publish it on the internet
If one is afraid to be seriously challenged on their positions and views, then don't engage.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 2:54:17 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Thanks guys.

Yea Tagim - I am well over what happened, we have to move on - it's just what I have seen since has troubled me a little.

Thanks Walt! yes I want to stay out of the politics too, it dosen't need to be discussed - and I really don't care about it. LOL - Hope you're not in too much pain.

I think we need to welcome true critical feedback. I mean we all ended up here for the same reason, we shouldn't stop because it's convinent or comfortable...

Still thinking - but thanks guys.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 4:52:25 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Hey Rob.. So cool that you posted again! I agree we should all move on to the here and now. As for Yadas attitude lately, one small thing I noticed was.. in case you haven't heard the radio shows.. I think it was Friday, he was trying to let people know what references to use to learn how to translate for themselves (which I have been attempting lately) and he made a comment something like.. he would like us all to learn how to do it ourselves and for no one to rely on him for anything. The way I see it, I check his work because I need to know for myself what the word says. I don't always agree with all of his insights, but I see them as just his opinion(always fascinating) and I always focus on the translations part the most(what Yah says). Remember, if there are a couple people on here who seem like they are close minded and don't want to search for the truth..that's okay because there's a lot more of us here who continue to seek Truth always, just as I know you do and we would love to have you back to stay. Okay, I don't know if this has to do with anything or maybe I'm just rambling again :)
Offline FredSnell  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:09:09 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Robskiwarrior wrote:

I think we need to welcome true critical feedback.

hey man, thanks for stopping back in...I'm glad you did!...I think, Yah Tselem pretty much nailed my thoughts. It seems before I came along you guys use to really make some profound findings that would resonate, but since I've came aboard and brought along with me alot of mine own baggage, I haven't witnessed too much new knowledge being exposed by any of the remaining members here. Not for their lack of interest. It's more to the tune in my mind, that they need folks like you, and others that get that one spark that's needed at times.
Yah Tselem mentions Yadas willingness now to pinpoint where he finds his little nuggets these days, but of dummies like me that can't and don't have the time or tools for such, I seek affirmation not only through what I know, but what alot of others have found and confirm.
Brother, I welcome you back with wide open arms. Your light always shined through and I appreciate you reconsidering. I hope you decide to stay onboard with this dredge, bc it will be the dredges in this world that Yah will do his some of His best work I feel and have seen happen.
Offline Daniel  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:11:05 AM(UTC)
Daniel

encounterHim wrote:
I haven't witnessed too much new knowledge being exposed by any of the remaining members here.

I hope you realize that we 'remaining members' can actually read this message...

;-)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline FredSnell  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:52:32 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Daniel wrote:
I hope you realize that we 'remaining members' can actually read this message...;-)

like christians, Daniel, you didn't include the next sentence (verse)...lol

don't crucify me brother for every mis-step i make, bc i'm subject to quite a few mistakes when trying to understand something.

My Father, He pushes me every day in directions I would have never taken before. I've apologized to ppl in my life I would have never

given a 2nd glance once you stepped on my toes, but I'm quickly learning just how much He adores me for my efforts when I learn something new,

whether it was by a guy, as smart as you guys, or by a guy, as big a jerk as I once was.
Love ya bro!
Offline Daniel  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:11:41 AM(UTC)
Daniel

encounterHim wrote:
like christians, Daniel, you didn't include the next sentence (verse)...lol

don't crucify me

Just cracking-wise, as always. All in good fun.

Dan, the master of the one verse pluck.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline FredSnell  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:34:33 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Daniel wrote:
Just cracking-wise, as always. All in good fun.

Dan, the master of the one verse pluck.

me too!...hey I just walked in from poking fun at a lady that does deliveries to us. I kept calling her, "truckdriver." Boy you should have seen her, it was hilarious. After the 3rd or 4th time, she goes, "use my name Fred, I won't be mad."

I quickly mentioned to her that the other day she was telling my son how much money she had made playing the game, blackjack in Louisiana after a run she had made over there, and how much she had won after her delivery. I kept hearing her out of my rear ear praising the lord. Well I'll let your imagination run wild on what came next after I mentioned His name isn't what she's been saying, just like hers isn't truckdriver.. She got plastered with the deception of her errantcy, and thanked me for sending her on a search, she being a far right bible thumper, would never go unless someone they know from no more than just business dealings, but trust in some sense. As much as a truckdriver can trust someone, I should say...lol
Offline bigritchie  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:36:22 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Does every freaking thread have to be hijacked with this forum drama?

If they want to post here they can post, if not drop it. if your panties are in a wad that your favorite religious guru may not post here, then go post at his place and stop spamming this board with this nonsense!

Offline john56  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:20:06 AM(UTC)
john56

Robski...great to see you back again...I certainly missed your humorous take on things. Let bygones be bygones and please stay here with us. I know you personally know Steve, so please tell him to come back too. We need his expertise in translations. Regards..J.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:32:45 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

bigritchie wrote:

If they want to post here they can post, if not drop it. if your panties are in a wad that your favorite religious guru may not post here, then go post at his place and stop spamming this board with this nonsense!

They are?! Wow I should have checked back more! lol

Sorry BR, I will try and be less dramatic - but I fear it dosen't suite my guru nature. I must be brief, for my followers here in England need my spiritual knowledge! (God help them all LOL)

Dan - your humor - I get it, don't worry. Always best dry :)

John, thanks. :)

But taking Bigritchie more seriously - he has a point, atleast about this thread (and the possible return (removes tongue from cheek)) - Seriously everyone is here to learn stuff, and to learn it from each other. So don't dwell on the past and all that, if you wanna say hi etc just send me a PM and then bigR wont need to vomit on the screen every time he opens a new thread ;) :D

Seriously BR - I get it, didn't mean to hijack anything - never did either lol.
Offline Matthew  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:33:03 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
bigritchie wrote:

I concur! Let's return the conversation to something more productive, such as Indian gurus and sacred cows!
Offline James  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:19:39 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
There problem solved, no thread jacked. Even though to be fair the thread that was jacked was a thread that hadn't seen any activity in about a year.

But here is a whole new thread, so that no thread was jacked.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline James  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:19:40 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
There problem solved, no thread jacked. Even though to be fair the thread that was jacked was a thread that hadn't seen any activity in about a year.

But here is a whole new thread, so that no thread was jacked.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline bigritchie  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:07:33 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Robskiwarrior wrote:
They are?! Wow I should have checked back more! lol

Sorry BR, I will try and be less dramatic - but I fear it dosen't suite my guru nature. I must be brief, for my followers here in England need my spiritual knowledge! (God help them all LOL)

Dan - your humor - I get it, don't worry. Always best dry :)

John, thanks. :)

But taking Bigritchie more seriously - he has a point, atleast about this thread (and the possible return (removes tongue from cheek)) - Seriously everyone is here to learn stuff, and to learn it from each other. So don't dwell on the past and all that, if you wanna say hi etc just send me a PM and then bigR wont need to vomit on the screen every time he opens a new thread ;) :D

Seriously BR - I get it, didn't mean to hijack anything - never did either lol.

Robski I did not mean anything personal to you or anyone else. (I know you were simply responding)

This is just getting real old where we cannot have a conversation about anything without the board being spammed with this stuff.