logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RidesWithYah  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:31:02 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

For three years or more since (slowly and long overdue) coming into the truth, I've been saying that my family would follow -- but on His timeline, not mine.
Yesterday, while my wife was home with the flu, my two older kids went with me to Sabbath school, and participated in the lesson on FirstFruits.

I woke up this morning in a house full of the usual clutter of three kids and three dogs --
but not a bunny, basket, or boiled egg in sight.
Quite a change from the house that looked like a craft showcase each spring just a few years ago.
NOT ONE of the kids has complained about not having the usual trappings -- chocolate, jelly beans, egg hunts, none of it.
And my older two are in the kitchen now -- fixing themselves PBJ on Matzah for lunch again today.
It's what they asked for.

The December holiday will take more time, but I am thankful for the progress made.
Thankful to Him, and also to each of you who have helped with support and encouraging words along the way.
Hallelu-Yah! and Shalom.
Offline Royce  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:48:18 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

RidesWithYah wrote:
For three years or more since (slowly and long overdue) coming into the truth, I've been saying that my family would follow -- but on His timeline, not mine.
Yesterday, while my wife was home with the flu, my two older kids went with me to Sabbath school, and participated in the lesson on FirstFruits.

I woke up this morning in a house full of the usual clutter of three kids and three dogs --
but not a bunny, basket, or boiled egg in sight.
Quite a change from the house that looked like a craft showcase each spring just a few years ago.
NOT ONE of the kids has complained about not having the usual trappings -- chocolate, jelly beans, egg hunts, none of it.
And my older two are in the kitchen now -- fixing themselves PBJ on Matzah for lunch again today.
It's what they asked for.

The December holiday will take more time, but I am thankful for the progress made.
Thankful to Him, and also to each of you who have helped with support and encouraging words along the way.
Hallelu-Yah! and Shalom.

Very cool!
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2011 8:08:49 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Your post gives the rest of us hope for our own immediate families, RidesWithYah. Thank you so much for sharing!

Richard
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:04:15 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Royce wrote:
Very cool!

Nuff said!!..I, 2nd Royce, RWY.