logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2007 2:42:23 PM(UTC)
Yada

For those of you who don't know it, the "Father General" of the Jesuit order is often referred to among Jesuits, as "The Black Pope" because of the power and influence they yield within the RCC. They consider their "Father General" to be the #2 man in the Vatican - second only to the Pope himself.

Given the discussions that are taking place under this topic, I wanted to share my own experience with the Jesuits. Before coming to know that YY even existed, during my personal search for God, I actually contemplated entering the Jesuit order. I was even invited to join a group of Tertians that were completing their training for the priesthood, in order to discuss the possibility further.

During my stay, before dinner one evening, I remember asking the group assembled two questions: 1. Why be a Christian? and, 2. Why be a Catholic? Do you know, that not one single priest there even attempted to answer either question? During dinner, the conversation was not about substantive, Spiritual things like the lessons/truths contained in Scripture, how to better serve the laity, the problem of Islam (there was even one priest from Malaysia who was noticeably uncomfortable whenever I raised the issue) - no, only about such things as where the Bishop had taken so and so out to lunch the other day, how Jesuit influence continued to grow within the RCC - all of it just so inane.

Another comment that was made to me, which I will always remember, was when I was talking to two priests about "teaching the Words of God" and how I had as a lay Catholic sitting in the pews, always wanted something a bit more informative - more real teaching and instruction based on Scripture. As I was speaking, one of the Jesuits cut me off and quipped, "we have a saying - a good sermon is one in which nobody gets hurt." He started laughing - the other priest joined in - they both had a good chuckle over it.

I left the novitiate house the next day distraught. As I walked to the station, I wondered "where" and "how" it was possible to find God? If the Jesuits and the RCC didn't have the answers, who did?

Funny thing - shortly thereafter I discovered the writings of YY and came to understand that the "where" and "how" of finding God first begins by learning His name - "Yahuweh"

After that, you have to learn to "Yada" with Yahuweh. I am still learning.

-Yada

Edited by user Sunday, September 2, 2007 4:59:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Tiffany  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 4:53:40 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

It funny that you mention wanting more teaching from the Word, because I was just having a discussion with someone about that the other day. They said that when their mom was "saved" having grown up Catholic they decided that they want to attened the Baptist church hoping for some more scripture based study. It is sad however that they did not want to hurt anyone because that is what got us in this mess in the first place.
Offline dallenk  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2008 6:31:02 AM(UTC)
dallenk

Many have only seen and know of the "white pope" who is always so Visible. None really understand the pupose of the Black Pope. Nor do many really know that the jesuits even exists, especially outside of the catholic church.

It is so sad to see that they care NOTHING for the scriptures, but want the laity to remain TOTALLY ignorant of that which has the power to set them free! As in the days of old, the Catholic church is intent on keeping the masses ignorant of the scriptures. That is why many never hear the gospel of Jesus until they become unsettled in the catholic dogmas.

I may post more later on this topic.
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:34:36 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

As a previously regular attendee of a congregation ministered by the Jesuits, I had the opportunity to ask some very pertinent questions during the mid-1980s. I had assumed that the elders in the church had asked and received satisfactory answers to the very questions that I was going to ask, but I had also learnt that one should not assume anything, especially in search of Truth.

So when I approached the priest and asked him a few questions, such as, "Why are Catholics told to abstain from meat on Fridays if Scripture does not even mention it?" and "Why do Catholics observe Sunday when Scripture says to observe the Sabbath?", the answers I received were, to say the least, far from satisfactory. I was not really surprised as I had done some research myself before asking those questions and I had expected the lame unconvincing answers that purportedly showed the importance of the Catholic church's traditions to expound Scripture, when actually, there was none.

Later I learnt that the priest whom I enquired with got into trouble with his superiors and bore the brunt of a scandal that eventually led to his resignation and early demise. He was unable to buck the system and paid the ultimate price, so to speak.

Jesuits are a very powerful order and include some of the most learned men on earth in law, physics, astronomy, chemistry, information technology and other arts and sciences. Their very devotion to God as taught by the Catholic Church has made them singular in their quest to spread Catholicism even as it allows them to excel at their individual subjects. It's like being given a lifetime scholarship provided you toe the line, and these men relish the fact that almost everything can be explained through earthly knowledge.

That's why Jesuits struck out after the Inquisition to spread their faith into the New World and the Far East in the 16th century, and now in the New World Order they are also at the forefront of bringing forth an ecumenism that will place their order at the head of the class.

Dominicans, Franciscans, Redemptorists, etc. shudder at being led by Jesuits as they all know that the Jesuits will pursue their goals at almost any expense, much like the Knights Templar. The presence of the Black Pope at the side of the Pope is a statement that underscores their influence, but the men in red do know a few tricks themselves to tame the Jesuits, who have many skeletons in their closets.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.