logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline catherder  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:51:58 PM(UTC)
catherder

Ezekiel 28:11-15; Ezekiel charges that the king of Tyre has overstepped his bounds, because of his wealth; this king deemed his mind equal to a god’s? Ezekiel is picturing this king as a quasi-mythical being in a bejeweled garden of Eden. The king boasts of his wisdom and beauty; Ezekiel employs the imagery of the garden of Eden story to describe the Tyrian king’s downfall. Ezekiel employs the imagery of the cherub to stress the Tyrian king’s power and high position; same as the once-perfect creature is shown to have sinned and therefore was struck down. But the figurative language Ezekiel is using is of a story of a garden of Eden, that Yahweh caused to grow on the earth, while the earth was in the first heaven. Although Ezekiel is telling all this to a Tyrian king, the story Ezekiel is using is neither allegory, myth, legend, nor fable, but literal historical facts set forth, and emphasized by the use of figures of speech.

Ezekiel tells in this garden story, that their was an individual that was a once-perfect creature. Yet, all the confusion of thought about this individual, have arisen from taking literally what is expressed by figures, or from taking figuratively what is literal. A figure of speech is never used except for the purpose of calling attention to, emphasizing, and intensifying, the reality of the literal sense, and the truth of the historical facts; so that, while the words employed may not be so strictly true to the letter, they are all the more true to the truth conveyed by them, and to the historical events connected with them. Here the story Ezekiel used of an individual==You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and flawless in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of Yahweh; every precious stone was your adornment; carnelian, chrysolite, and amethyst; beryl, lapis lazuli, and jasper; sapphire, turquoise, and emerald; and gold beautifully wrought for you, mined for you, prepared the day you were created. I created you as a cherub with outstretched shielding wings, and you resided on Yahweh’s holy mountain; you walked among stones of fire. You were blameless in your ways, from the day you were created, until wrongdoing was found in you. Yes, wrongdoing was found in Lucifer, he had a plan afloat.

http://thatlifeyahwehhas...08:00&max-results=12

Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 3:52:09 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Wife says, "too much cussin, take it off."..she wins again, Paul.
Offline MadDog  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:32:16 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
How in the heck does catherder become an advanced member when he only joined in March 2011.

I've been a member with way more posts and points than that and I'm still only a member.

How does that happend?

And look at you encounterhim, you have double my stats and your still a member too?
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:53:48 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
MadDog wrote:
How in the heck does catherder become an advanced member when he only joined in March 2011.

I've been a member with way more posts and points than that and I'm still only a member.

How does that happend?

And look at you encounterhim, you have double my stats and your still a member too?

Yeah, I don't think anyone here has any idea how the status, points, or ranks work. They don't affect anything though, so.........
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline tagim  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:45:21 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

They don't? Oh, bummer, I am going to be left stripeless for an eternity!
Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:08:34 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

MadDog wrote:

How does that happend?

After I recognized that shalom82 was not moving up in any of the statistics, who I view as a person that gives every post a lot of thought before posting, I quit paying attention to them. That person, I view as far smarter scriptually that I, and yet he remains in the minus column.

I will my points to maddog, or FlintFace, my beloved brothers.
Offline cgb2  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:59:15 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
...or advanced member with a link like that. Noahide, x y x covenants, vegetarians before the flood. Run Forrest, Run !
:^)
Offline FredSnell  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 5:38:32 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

My daughter is visiting this weekend. Her mom and her are heading out for the museum district here in Houston this morning. They have left now, but as they were in the kitchen I hear my wife telling my daughter, " I ask dailey for the forgiveness of my sins, b/c when we don't take responsibilities for ourselves, we create Satan."

"hmmm"
Offline FredSnell  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 1:40:59 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

If the entire Christian doctrine of Satan is balanced on the belief that Lucifer(bright morning star) is a fallen angel. If the foundational passage of a doctrine is shown to be erroneous, then what about the rest of the doctrine constructed around it? All related terms in the New Testament are based on pre-NT ideas. Hebrew people in an aramaic culture. Go see for yourself what the word lucifer was before Jerome translated the Septuagint into the L. Vulgate. It was heylel in Hebrew. More facts are found what the pagan king was called by his followers. As a shing ruler of a pagan nation that was Venus, the shining star of morning.
Wouldn't it make more sense, since only YHWH creates that there just maybe never was a talking snake in the garden? Did theologians mistakingly personify evil as a reason to name a character? When Yah says, "I make peace, and I create evil," and we turn around and assign evil to an entity beside coming from Yah, who's right in the matter?
Offline FredSnell  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 1:46:54 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

If God knew us before we were conceived, I can deduce that He knew Ishmael whom He knew and told would be a father to many nations, and that those from his line would be raised as wild asses among men and eventually starting the worlds most murderous religion, did YHWH allow evil to exist in our presence?
Offline James  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 3:05:35 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
encounterHim wrote:
If God knew us before we were conceived, I can deduce that He knew Ishmael whom He knew and told would be a father to many nations, and that those from his line would be raised as wild asses among men and eventually starting the worlds most murderous religion, did YHWH allow evil to exist in our presence?

I've had this conversation with a friend a number of times, the crux of it is, is God guilty of a crime of omission for not acting to stop evil. I would say no because to engage and stop it is a violation of free will. Ishmael and thus Islam is a result of man exercising his free will badly. Abraham exercised his free will against the wishes and desires of Yahowah, and Ishmael and Islam was the consequence.

That said:
Isa 45:6 ...I am יהוה, and there is none else,
Isa 45:7 forming light and creating darkness, making peace and creating evil. I, יהוה, do all these.’

I'll look at getting a better translation of Isa 45:7

edit.

Without fully translating the Isa 45:7 verse her are the pertinent words.

Form light is yatsar owr, owr is easy you can look it up in YY there is a whole chapter on it. yatsar is the Hebrew verb for to form, fasion, shape or forge, to create an object from existing material or within existing events of time.

Create darkness is bara' chosek, bara' is the same word used in Barashiyth 1:1 and means to create or make something from nothing. And chosek, which is also used in Bareshiyth 1, means darkness as in the absence of light.

Make peace is asha shalowm, asah means to work to cause or bring about something. And Shalowm is to complete, to satisfy, to rectify or simply peace.

Create Evil is bara' ra', we already looked at bara' to create or make something from nothing. And ra' is bad, evil, wicked, not good, firece, wild, harmefull, sad or troubled.

So there is that to consider.

edit 2

Well I made the amateur mistake of not checking the DSS first. The DSS show us that shalowm was not written, but rather tuwb was written. Tuwb means that which is good, beneficial, prosperous, and beautiful.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline dajstill  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 4:38:31 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
So James, how does the entire sentence read in the DSS?

Also, can you recommend a good copy of the DSS.

Thanks!
Offline FredSnell  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 11:41:50 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Thank you James! I need to stand over your shoulder with my video camera while you go, "push this button for this result."..Sort of a monkey see, guy. While I baptised my wife, and she me in our tub, we will now immerse ourselves in the, "tuwb." Thanks again!
Offline Richard  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 8:02:35 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This is just plain old good stuff, y'all. Thank you!
Offline MadDog  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:36:36 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
James wrote:
Isa 45:6 ...I am יהוה, and there is none else,
Isa 45:7 forming light and creating darkness, making peace and creating evil. I, יהוה, do all these.’

I'm pretty sure this very topic has been discussed in the forum before.

It went something like the absence of Yahweh is what creates evil.

If Yahweh is present, then his light is present.

If Yahweh is not present, then darkness/evil flourishs.
User is suspended until 10/4/4476 11:18:33 AM(UTC) jorgea  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:07:28 AM(UTC)
jorgea

Some ranking systems are entirely not clear at all. And here at http://www.yadayah.com is no exception.