logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline catherder  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:14:29 PM(UTC)
catherder

The Meshiach

And in those days came John the Baptizer; and he proclaimed in the desert of Judah, and said, “Repent; the sovereignty of Yahweh has approached.” Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judah, and all the country about the Jordan; and they were baptized by John in the river Jordan; but when he saw a great many of the Pharisees and Sadducees, who were coming to be baptized, he said to them, “O offspring of scorpions, who has taught you to flee from the anger which is to come? Bring forth the fruits therefore, that accord with repentance; and do not think and say within yourselves, that Abraham is our father; for I say to you, that Yahweh is able of these stones to raise up children to Abraham; and lo, the ax is already placed at the root of the trees; therefore, every tree which bears not good fruits, shall be cut down, and cast into the fire. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance; but he that comes after me is more powerful than I; whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with power, yea, the powerful power of Yahweh and with fire. His winnowing shovel is in his hand; and he will make clean his threshing-floor. The wheat he will gather into his storehouse; and the chaff he will burn with fire not extinguished.” And it occurred, in those days, that Yeshua came from Nazareth in Galilee to the Jordan unto John, to be baptized by him; but John refused him; and said, “I need to be baptized by you, and yet have you come to me?” And Yeshua answered, saying to him, “Allow it now, for this is necessary for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he permitted him; and when Yeshua was baptized, he went up immediately from the water; and he saw the sky cleft; and he saw power, yea, the powerful power of Yahweh descending like a dove, and it came upon him; and lo, a voice from the sky, which said, “This is my beloved son, in whom I have delight.”

And Yeshua was about thirty years old; and Yeshua, having the fullness of power, yea, the powerful power of Yahweh upon him, returned from the Jordan. Than was Yeshua led by Yahweh into the wilderness forty days, to be tempted by Satan; and during those days, he ate nothing; and he was with the wild beasts; and when he had completed them, he was at last hungry; and Satan said to him, “If you are the son of Yahweh, command this stone to become bread.” Yeshua replied, saying to him, “It is written, that man does not live on bread alone, but that man may live on anything that Yahweh decrees.” And Satan conducted him to a high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the land, in a little time; and Satan said to him, “To you will I give all this dominion, and the glory of it, which is committed to me, and to whom I please, I give it; if therefore, you will worship before me, the whole shall be yours.” But Yeshua replied, saying to him, “It is written, revere only Yahweh, and worship him alone, to him shall you hold fast, and swear only by his name.” And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said to him, “If you are the son of Yahweh, cast yourself down from here, for it is written, he will give his angels charge over you, to keep you; and in their arms will they sustain you, lest you strike your foot against a stone.” And Yeshua replied, saying to him, “It is said, do not try Yahweh.” And when Satan had finished all his temptations, he departed from him for a time; and Satan came, and said to Yeshua, “If you are the son of Yahweh, command these stones to become bread.” But Yeshua replied, and said, “It is written, that man does not live on bread alone, but that man may live on anything that Yahweh decrees.” Then Satan took him to the Holy City, and set him on a pinnace of the temple, and said to him, “If you are the son of Yahweh, cast yourself down; for it is written, that he will give his angles charge of you, and in their hands will they sustain you, lest you strike your foot against a stone.” Yeshua said to him, “It is moreover written, do not try Yahweh.” Then Satan took him to a mountain that was very high, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory; and said to him, “All these will I give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” Then Yeshua said to him, “Begone, Satan; for it is written, revere only Yahweh, and worship him alone, to him shall you hold fast, and swear only by his name. Then Satan left Yeshua; and lo, angels came, and ministered to him. Wisdom was in the beginning, and that very wisdom was with Yahweh, and Yahweh was that wisdom. Wisdom was in the beginning with Yahweh. Everything came to be by Yahweh’s hand; and without Yahweh, not even one thing that was created came to be. The life is in Yahweh, that life is the light of men.

Read more;
http://thatlifeyahwehhas...08:00&max-results=12

Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:33:54 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Why would this book be mentioned twice and not given to us?

Joshua
10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

2 Samuel
1:18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.)

I guess I can read it for myself, but it's seems funny that patriarchs mention this book and yet we don't have it to represent itself.
Offline lassie1865  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:10:31 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Any ideas about the Scriptures which seem to indicated that "the earth cannot be moved (mowt)"?

1Ch 16:30 Tremble 2342 before 4480 6440 Him, all 3605 the earth 776; Indeed, 637 the world 8398 is firmly 3559 established, 3559 it will not be moved.

You would think that the Scriptures would state somewhere that the earth "moves" or "orbits" . . .