logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 11:56:19 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Stephen Walch just completed his review of the Galatians text as found in Yada's Questioning Paul. Here's the LINK to his website, you can download the PDF file from there.
Offline danshelper  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:02:42 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Quote:
Stephen Walch just completed his review of the Galatians text as found in Yada's Questioning Paul. Here's the LINK to his website, you can download the PDF file from there.

This needs to not get buried under newer posts. All who sincerely love the Truth and undertake to teach what they believe is Truth, encourage a Berean-like response to and assessment of their words because they do not seek their own glory, but the glory of Yahushua, the Truth.

Quote:
He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him. John 7:18

This is the PDF file: http://thewaytoyahuweh.com/pdf/pages/qpr_a_look_at_the_galatians_text.pdf

This is not to pit brother against brother, but a joyful progression toward understanding and exalting the Truth, as expressed in Philippians 1:18.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:33:05 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

That reminds me. Anybody who wants a copy of the first two volumes of The Torah Code by Ken Power please send me a private message with your email address, or just email me if you already have my email address. Ken's been having trouble getting the webmaster to upload it to his websites. Warning ahead! The Torah Code does have quite a fair share of Paul in it.
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:02:00 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
"Stephen Walch just completed his review of the Galatians text as found in Yada's Questioning Paul. Here's the LINK to his website, you can download the PDF file from there."

So what! Is Stephen so proud. Just that picture he has of himself looking off in a distance strikes me as arrogant. Like, look at me, I'm busy thinking. You can think yourself into oblivion as far as I care, doesn't make you right. What he needs to be doing in fixing these so called christians that have built their entire religion off Pauls ramblings. Bc it's like making a cake without reading the instructions, in my opinion. I'll try reading what he's written, but let him know, come and defend it after words. Don't tuck your tale and go open a site that just knocks someone elses findings. There's plenty more than just Galatians. Today I'm reading this and none of it comes off as simple as Yahushuas parables do.

2 Corinthians 11

11:1 Would that ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

11:2 For I am jealous over you with a jealousy of YHWH: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to the Messiah.

11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in the Messiah.

11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Yahushua, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another evangel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

11:5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

11:6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

11:7 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the glad tidings of YHWH freely?

11:8 I robbed other assemblies, taking wages of them, to do you service.

11:9 And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.

11:10 As the truth of the Messiah is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.

11:11 Wherefore? because I love you not? YHWH knoweth.

11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of the Messiah.

11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

11:16 I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.

11:17 That which I speak, I speak it not according to YHWH, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.

11:18 Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.

11:19 For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise.

11:20 For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.

11:21 I speak as concerning reproach, as though we had been weak. Howbeit whereinsoever any is bold, (I speak foolishly,) I am bold also.

11:22 Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.

11:23 Are they ministers of the Messiah? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

11:26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

11:28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the assemblies.

11:29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?

11:30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.

11:31 The Elohim and Father of our Master Yahushua the Messiah, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

11:32 In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:

11:33 And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and ESCAPED his hands.

P.S. I'm not sorry for this rant. Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.

Offline RidesWithYah  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:29:44 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Hard for him to come defend, at least not until his suspension from the forum is up.
October 2033, right?

We are admonished to rebuke each other in love when we stray from the truth.
Sorry, but the love isn't obvious in your reply.
Offline Daniel  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:27:49 PM(UTC)
Daniel

RidesWithYah wrote:
Sorry, but the love isn't obvious in your reply.

Indeed.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Daniel  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:33:29 PM(UTC)
Daniel

encounterHim wrote:
Is Stephen so proud. Just that picture he has of himself looking off in a distance strikes me as arrogant.

Where is the picture?

I couldn't find it.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline FredSnell  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:22:15 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Right, Maybe I was being a little harsh. So sorry about that, but come on, I'm tierd of this guy Paul singing his own praises all the time. ...
[2nd Cor 11:23 Are they ministers of the Messiah? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.]
[11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.]

If the "Word" was with YHWH in the beginning, I see that as being built upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of years of trust. And only brought to us by His Son. But wait, all those billions of yrs of trust are negated with a 3 yr, so-called lesson of the desert. I can't buy that!

1st off, was Paul made an apostle by Yahushua? He thought he was!.....[2nd Timothy1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles]...hey, so am I...believe me...not! Here we have Paul claiming to be an apostle to us, but in, [Acts15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Kepha rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago YHWH made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.]..maybe some didn't catch that part, "YHWH made the choice" Or do like christians do, or better yet,
my neighbor, "GAAAWWD GAVE SCRIPTURE TO PAUL." He reminds me of TD Jakes...so funny with their big hats and jewelry.

2nd, His so called vision. His report..[Act9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
9:5 And he said, Who art thou, master? And He said, I am Yahushua whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.]...

but just what did Yahushua say. In [Matt 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is the Messiah, or there; believe it not.
24:24 For there shall arise false messiahs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.]...Okay, so do we take Him at his Word...but wait, Paul's self appointed. Where, in the desert, that's where. And then He has trouble keeping his vision story in line.

3rd, How many Apostles were there?...hmmm. And are these guys named?...[Matthew 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Kepha, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
10:3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
10:4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.]...so surely someone replaced Judas..was it Paul?...Not according to scripture...[Acts1:23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, YHWH, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
1:26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.]...so Paul would make it 13 of 'em now?...hmmm 13 apostles, 13 books, bringing us now to a total of 66 books...what!!!.Not that I give reason to numbers, but I was of the mind, mans afraid of these in many circles.
Skip over to, [Rev21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.]...back to twelve again.

I have some more, but times short and arguing over Paul just isn't worth it for me right now. But I can say, in this "Torah Class," the guy is constantly referring back to Paul and most of the time, I don't see why he does. Maybe I'm out of tune.

About the picture he has up, Sorry, should have shut my mouth, but I was raised to give...lol.
Offline James  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:15:25 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
RidesWithYah wrote:
Hard for him to come defend, at least not until his suspension from the forum is up.
October 2033, right?

Actually Yada lifted that suspension some time ago, and made it known. So Stephen can come back and post anytime he likes. I can see why he might not want to, but it is his choice.

I have downloaded his document, and skimmed it some, but I won't devote much time to it any time soon. I would rather concern myself with coming to know and understand Yah and his Torah better. Everything concerning Paul is just a distraction that doesn't lead us to any better understanding of Yah.

To me Paul is useless, even if he was right. Just reading through his writings leaves me confused, so rather than spend the time trying to decipher what he was really trying to say I can just study Yah's word, which is much clearer, and I know it's true and reliable. If you can read Paul and without any effort instantly see how what he is saying is in line with Torah then fine more power to you, as long as you don't use his writing to contradict Yah's word, as Christians do, I don't care. Personally I think it takes to much effort to try and understand Paul's writings to bother with it.

The second we acknowledges that Paul is not Scripture any time spent trying to determine what he actually meant, or what he actually wrote, is time wasted.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Yah Tselem  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:24:21 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I agree James. As for me, I would like to learn more about what all the first century writings say so that I could make rational decisions about it myself, but not until I come to learn the torah prophets & psalms a whole lot better. I think that it would be best to have a good understanding of scripture BEFORE I study the 1st century writings, not the other way around, otherwise there is not a solid foundation. I am not even planning on reading QP until I have reread all of YY & TOM and until I have a full amplified translation of scripture. And even that is on hold right now, as all we are studying right now are the Spring Miqraey, which are almost upon us.
Offline Richard  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 1:51:04 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
James wrote:
... Everything concerning Paul is just a distraction that doesn't lead us to any better understanding of Yah. ... The second we acknowledges that Paul is not Scripture, any time spent trying to determine what he actually meant, or what he actually wrote, is time wasted.

That was well put, James. Of course, back in the day, if someone had said such a thing to Paul's face he would have whacked them up side the head with the Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible that he kept tucked in his robe's belt. So you can just count yourself really lucky there, sonny boy, that you don't have face the wrath of The Apostle of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles.

Shalom!

Richard
Offline Daniel  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 3:53:02 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
if someone had said such a thing to Paul's face he would have whacked them up side the head with the Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible that he kept tucked in his robe's belt.

Now, tell us Brother Richard, was Paul's KJV a Scofield Reference edition or a Thompson Chain Reference edition?
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline danshelper  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 6:48:59 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Is Paul a brother?

1 John 5:1 - Whosoever believeth that Yahushua is the Messiah is born of YHWH

Can anyone deny that Paul is a brother? If Paul is a brother, how should we treat him?

Matthew 5:22 - But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

James 3:9-10 - With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

1 Peter 1:22 - Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.

John 13:34 - A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

1 Peter 2:27 - Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers

1 Peter 3:8 - Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

John 13:35 - By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

1 John 3:14 - We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

This topic goes much beyond just this one man because if we fail to treat each other right, we’ll fall into error. Failure to treat each other according to the love and respect we’re called to is disobedience – the pride of rebellion – and YHWH, the Truth opposes the proud.

As children of the Father, we are called to treat even our enemies with perfect love.

Quote:
But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ lend to ‘sinners,’ expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

According to the Savior, even if Paul were an enemy, he’d deserve better treatment than he’s received here. Paul is not useless, but treating him or anyone with disrespect and lack of brotherly love is the true uselessness/dross that will be refined away from us. All indications are that there is little time left to become the “manner of people we ought to be” (2 Peter 3:11). Shouldn’t we help and encourage one another to be this “manner of people” for the glory of YHWH our Savior?

Offline tagim  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 7:16:46 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

This does slap all of us in the face, doesn't it, Danshelper. What are we to do?
Offline cgb2  
#15 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 7:41:39 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I suppose first we determine if he is a "brother". As far as "loving our enemies", I'm not certain if the way Yahushua spoke to and of the Pharisees is YHWH/Yahushua's right only..or what.
Offline shalom82  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 8:25:31 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Well Danshelper,
I will say this. If you remember when this debate started....nay...before it was even a debate...Yada started his review of Paul on the radio show in a postive light and it progressively became more negative as he encountered what he believed was mounting evidence. YY used to be be chock full o Paul. This was not some sort of premeditated hatchet job. Whatever you think of Yada's opinions or conclusions....he came by them honestly.

When the debate started here I think we are quick to forget that there was a lot of heat coming from the other side. It wasn't a one way street by any means. Furthermore, those who have decided to go their separate ways have done so of their own accord. As James pointed out the suspensions were taken off long ago and as far as I know...please correct me if I am wrong no suspensions were handed out merely because of a difference in opinion. They were given because of the general attitude the debate had taken and those who were respected and could have done much to help cooler heads prevail abandoned this community and went their own way. They were not left to languish for weeks or months but were promptly reinstated. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me like Matthew and you are still here able to say your peace about Paul and you in that persuation have done your best to defend Paul and you have not been silenced or censored. Again correct me if I am wrong. That is not to say that there were not snips and snaps and lapses and unkind words. I know there have been. There have also been apologies and affirmations of brotherhood as well. But I still hold that the general tenor has been for reconcillation and peace. Every time one of us says....we don't need Paul....what do you think that appeal means? Once again....I will say it....there were plenty of unkind things written by those in the Pauline camp before this mess all blew up. And as I look at the new swalchy pdf I can say it is still being done in the Pauline camp. There have been plenty....plenty of arguments that have come from a wide ranging variety of people on this forum that were original arguments and did not come from QP. I for one know that the majority of my responses were not lifted from QP and whether or not they were in the book I can't be sure....I can't recall every part....but simply I am not and the overwhelming majority are not just parrotting whatever Yada says in QP. When we have had our doubts and reservations about certain themes and conclusions in QP we have said so openly and honestly. There is a good page or more of responsa that has never been addressed....we have in sincerity showed our position just as you have. I eagerly await any response from any in this camp including you, matthew, kp, swalchy, or robski or whoever...if I have missed anyone. But it appears that they are not coming back. I welcome you to address the large back to back posts that James and I wrote in response that were never answered. I will also say this. Many of us in the anti-pauline camp have stated again and again that we are willing to drop the whole paul issue and get back to what matters and I have to honestly wonder if Paul would even come up rather than here or there if it were not for those in the Pauline camp constantly stirring the pot and bringing this issue back up from the bottom. You know all know this is a divisive and maddening issue and you know what position we hold and yet I feel it is constantly brought up. And then when we respond....somehow we are in the wrong.

I will also say this. As many have said here....and even as Peter has said....and I think even those in the Pauline camp will admit...Paul is confusing....he is everything to all people....as he himself admitted...to some he upholds Torah to the highest degree....to some....you get the catholic church and "new testament" christianity. He is confusion. That is something that you who embrace Paul cannot deny. Christianity in its merest theology comes from the works of Paul or if you must Pseudo-Paul...If all we had were the 4 Messianic accounts....I am sure we would have been able to find a way to screw it up...I have no doubt about that....but I am telling you....we would not have the vicelike and eternal grip of babylonian christo-mithraism that has plagued this earth for 2 millenia. To be sure the Romans would have more than likely tried to co-opt the Netzarim and the Derekhim....but without the writings of Paul to look to for a way to compromise and eschew Torah faithfulness....I have to wonder the fornication would have spread the way it did. The communities that resisted the perversions of Rome the longest were the communities in Ethiopia and and the middle east that rejected the Pauline writings. Paul talks about how terrible it would be to lead a brother astray and how one must endeavor to make sure that doesn't happen by what they do or say....well perhaps he should have taken his own advice. I am sorry but when I look at the consequences of 2000 years of confusion, delusion and ignorance....then I am ready and willing to drop Paul and pursue what truly matters. Torah....Nebiim....Ketubim.

Furthermore, you must judge every verse by the context of the verse and by what others say about the same theme. Knowing what we do about the rest of the letters of Yahuchanan I can say that the cheap grace gospel of simple belief is not to be found there and Y'aqob says that even the the demons believe and tremble....so are they brothers?

Are we in the anti-pauline camp perfect? By all means....no...not even on our best day. But I have to say....your post strikes me as the definition of the pot calling the kettle black.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Richard  
#17 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 9:39:20 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Daniel wrote:
Now, tell us Brother Richard, was Paul's KJV a Scofield Reference edition or a Thompson Chain Reference edition?

Well, Brother Daniel, I just couldn't say for sure. But I suspect that it was the one they translated from the Rectus Ejectus manuscripts. I could be wrong.

Seriously, though, I would suggest that we be very careful when it comes to tolerance of someone like Saul of Tarsus. Yaaqob declares that even the demons believe that Yahushua is one with Yahuwah, and the context implies that knowing that fact, or "believing" in it, doesn't do squat towards establishing us in a relationship with Yahuwah. Our works must conform to His will. Yahushua stated plainly, "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." Therefore, I conclude that if the evidence at hand exposes the man from Tarsus as one whose words (aka, doctrine) is at odds with Yahushua and the Father, then the man from Tarsus is not a brother of ours.

Is that hard line? Yes, it is. But I am persuaded that it is also in line with the Spirit of Scripture.

Richard
Offline danshelper  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 10:45:31 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Quote:
your post strikes me as the definition of the pot calling the kettle black

I’m sorry you got that impression, because I’m blacker than any of you, I’m sure.

My post was not to single out any person or people, but lift up the attitude/behavior that I believe we’re called to in treating one another. I did not and do not mean to accuse any one person of anything – I did not mention any name except for Paul’s because my post was not about anyone in specific, but about the general way we, as followers of Yahushua, should treat one another.

I don’t see this as one camp against another at all – we’re supposed to be a family with One Father – and I believe the Scriptures teach us that there is one way to interact with one another as we grow in knowledge and the likeness of our Savior. And I also think that the Scriptures confirm that if we do not obey this means of interaction, we will fall into error as we pursue knowledge because YHWH will resist us (James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5).

I’m an extremely thankful beneficiary of the gifts that YHWH has given to all here. It’s through interacting with humility, brotherly love and respect for everyone – from Paul on down – that we’ll be blessed in our pursuit of knowledge and truth. I’m humbly suggesting that Paul is not the problem, but how we’re relating to each other that’s the real problem.

In Love and Gratitude,
Karen
Offline James  
#19 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 1:54:37 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Karen, I think the thing is many of us here do not view Paul as a brother, any more than we would view Constantine, the Pope, Muhammad or John Smith as brothers. Even reading through Paul’s letters in Stephen’s translation I find much that to me seems to be against Yah.

What I find the most revealing is looking at the results. Take as an example Yada and Ken, two very smart men, who have devoted much time to studying and to coming to know Yah. Two men who, in my opinion, have a great understanding of Yah and His Towrah. Two men who have helped numerous people come to know and Yah, myself included. Both of their writings were tremendously influential in my life. Both Yada and Ken had the same predisposition toward Paul and his writings, to like them and him. Yada went into what became QP expecting to show how Paul’s words had been twisted by Christians, not to attack Paul. Ken likewise believed the same thing that Paul’s words were being twisted, and that properly understood Paul was confirming Yah’s Towrah not denouncing it. These two intelligent, well read insightful men read the same text and came to completely different conclusions. What does that say about the text?

And since Stephen has come to the conclusion that Galatians was not written by Paul, having read through his GGD three times now, I am still not convinced, but we can and will leave that aside. Let’s take Romans, and since Stephen has called into question Yada’s translation (I know no Greek, so I having now read through his new document I am in no position to say rather his translations are right or Yada’s are, and as I have said I have better things to do than determine who is right. I will say I have checked most all of Yada’s Hebrew translation and have no issue with them.) I read through Stephens’s translation of Romans. Even in his translation I find much of Romans to be troublesome. Stephen, who translated, has read the same text and finds it to be in line with Yah’s word. I have had a couple of people try and explain to me how Romans is in line with Torah, and frankly the logic to me seems to be a stretch.

My point in both of these examples is that good people, motivated by truth, and reading the same letters can and have come to completely different conclusion regarding what Paul taught. That is why I say he is useless. His letters rather intentionally or not are written in such a way that they are confusing and since he is not here it is impossible to say for absolute certainty what he was trying to say. Combine that with the fact that we have no context for most of them, and they are one side of a conversation, and it becomes a pointless endeavor. So why bother with Paul at all? Why not stick with what we know is True, Trustworthy and Reliable, the Towrah?

Also having read through Stephen’s translation of Galatians, it’s still a troublesome letter, and I still see whoever wrote it as wrong and teaching against Towrah.

Offline sirgodfrey  
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 6:25:38 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

I'm not even sure Paul was a real person. There is evidence and reason strongly suggesting he was not a real historical person.

Marcion may be the real culprit. Who knows.
Offline FredSnell  
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:09:26 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I apologize for my harsh assesment(before I even took a look) of Stephens review of Yada's work. I see he did put together a good effort at correcting things he felt needs correcting, and I hope I didn't offend him that way? Sorry if I did. But after getting to his page 41, I pulled off. Reason being, I've gained nothing I feel. Stephens knowledge far acceeds my own, so I might as well have the lead role in a remake of the movie, "Dumb and Dumber."..if there was one. Bc that's now where I stand. If I were to read on would I begin to start understanding Paul better, probably not. And that might be me and my education in the matter, but like others here, and now many in other places, are waking up to the fact that just maybe he never belonged in there to begin with.
I believe his translation could be accurate from what I see, but does it make it true? I'll bet Stephen even questions the extant of it in some measure?
So, Sir, I sincerly apologize to you. You put forth a great effort in what I now feel was your honest try at coming to believe Paul was warranted to be there. I shoot my mouth off alot without regard and I'm working on that part of me.

danshelper, pls too, accept my disruption as being just that, a mouthy brother. It didn't sound nice, I know! I apologize to all here.

P.S....now, who's this Marcion guy? Here I go again.....(Ship High In Transit), I thought a 4yr old could understand this stuff!
Offline JamesH  
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:43:34 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Some other names you might find interesting are, Irenaeus, Clement, Eusebius, Polycarp, Tertullian, Jerome, Muratorian Canon. You can also find these names in most “study Bibles” (bad name I know) look in “The Gospel According to Luke” “bnik” (bad name I know) In The Believer’s Study Bible New King James Version “bnik”

Jim
Offline FredSnell  
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:55:56 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Jim, I should have put a..lol after, "Here I go again."....I have many times looked into a good number of names and ended up reaching a conclusion that btw my own life and theirs, they for the most part forgot their sins were paid for. I remember, Moses lead the children from bondage where I believe alot of 'em forgot that part Of Yahs Word.
Offline Matthew  
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 1:32:25 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

sirgodfrey wrote:
I'm not even sure Paul was a real person. There is evidence and reason strongly suggesting he was not a real historical person.

Marcion may be the real culprit. Who knows.

As far as I know Marcion was documented for having edited Paul's epistles and Luke's gospel, therefore if he created/fabricated Paul then there would be no need to edit Paul.

Also, which Paul was Peter referring to in 2 Peter 3? If Peter didn't write it then who did, and if Marcion wrote it then why not include it in his canon?

I just can't see why a person would suggest Paul didn't exist. Sounds like something an Atheist would suggest in an attempt to discredit Yahshua.

encounterHim wrote:
If I were to read on would I begin to start understanding Paul better, probably not. And that might be me and my education in the matter, but like others here, and now many in other places, are waking up to the fact that just maybe he never belonged in there to begin with.

Swalchy's doc wasn't about trying to understand Paul better but rather a review of Yada's translation of Galatians from the Greek text. Stephen attempted to prove, and did in the end, that Yada's translation is flawed, more so than today's common English versions, which is an expected result from someone who has an obvious poor working knowledge of the Greek language. And because the translation is flawed it stands to reason Yada's commentary is flawed too.
Offline danshelper  
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 1:57:56 PM(UTC)
danshelper

James,
Your comparison of Paul with the ones you mentioned is accurate – until his conversion. But he experienced the change, the new birth, and he became an entirely different man. You suggest “looking at the results” – but that’s what you’re missing in Paul.

There is absolutely no way he could have confessed what he confessed, wrote what he wrote, lived and died the way he did, if he were not a brother – born of YHWH.

If we do not acknowledge the change in Paul – from enemy to brother, sinner to saved – are we not denying the living Torah, Yahushua?

This is what’s so grievous and frightening about this line of thinking. If we deny the new birth in Paul, we’re denying the work of the Messiah in Paul. And if we deny the work of the Messiah, we are denying the Messiah. This is the anti-messiah, who denies and opposes the Messiah and His work.

The confusion over Paul’s writings has to lie elsewhere. The situational, cultural, linguistic differences between Paul and us are enormous (context, as you say). This is what we can endeavor to untangle. But consider, if Yahushua were to return today, would He be more honored that we had completely figured out Paul’s writings through bitter divisions, or that we had perfected brotherly love while making every effort to understand Paul (Matthew 23:23)?

We revert backwards toward justification by works if we deny the new life we’ve been given (and Paul was given) in Yahushua. The life, death, resurrection, ascension and Spirit-outpouring of the Messiah seismically changed things (Jeremiah 31:33). The spiritual landscape changed and we are changed when we trust His work for us and His presence in us. Is there any other mark or sign given by Yahushua for the world to know that we are His disciples than brotherly love? Love for YHWH and our brothers is the rosh of the Torah – the beginning and sum total of the Torah. This is what all the RC writers confirm with one voice and wrote about according to the language, culture and situations going on at their time.

I see it as a dangerous slide into error to deny that Paul is a brother – please carefully consider these things. Yahushua affected a seismic, massive change in our relationship with YHWH and one another. He did not abolish, but He did fulfill. He is the fulfillment of all salvation-required righteousness for us and we are free to willingly offer ourselves as living sacrifices to Him according to the grace He gives to each one of us. I praise Him for His gifts and I am so thankful for the way you all share what you’ve been given.

Offline FredSnell  
#26 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 2:53:02 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

danshelper, your thoughts are sound. Right though, I don't know? I do see in your few paragraphs, you listed scripture to make a point a few times. If Paul was of YHWH, wouldn't he too also use scripture (like Yahushua) to make a point? I'm still not going to be easily convinced about him. And I know it might bother some, and others couldn't give a care, but for me, who's' a nobody, I'll continue to look for meat in his words. I do for the most part find scripture pretty easily understood when approached from what Torah class has taught me. Look for the parallels and patterns. And if I look in scripture for a parallel for Paul, I find only one, King Saul. And I am quite sure TC teacher would be unhappy with that bc he constantly refers back to Paul in class, but even with him relating to Paul, most times even with this very smart man, it leads nowhere. In other words, he could have kept going and not hampered the story with it.
I know truth should be simple and its us that complicates it, but is anything the truth, until THAT person sees it?
Maybe if we read the next verse after Jeremiah 31:33, it will apply to us all also? In the end was Paul just a man and not sent? Did he or will he have given up anymore than any of us? I can say for one, I've given up a lifestyle that I cherished back then. I don't look back, Paul seems to and reminds us of it.

Matthew, if Stephens doc isn't about understanding Paul, then why waist time? Isn't scripture for the understanding? If Stephens review isn't about understanding Paul, then it's about helping Yada and anyone that reads QP, right? I've read this board now for quite a while and if I can make a suggestion to you and others that have zeroed in on the (your) path. I call you guys the "sages" of this forum, but when a person comes on with a heart felt question, truely needing a heart felt answer from someone of knowledge, alot of the time, that person is left hanging, and never returns. I watched a few guys (and gals) that were full of joy but needing some serious answers just meander off bc no one would help him or her address their questions.

Shalom and much peace!!!......everybody!
Offline FredSnell  
#27 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 3:32:43 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

On YT, this brother has done pretty good research into Paul.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_mTrY5Nes
Offline James  
#28 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 4:15:32 AM(UTC)
James
Man

danshelper wrote:
James,
Your comparison of Paul with the ones you mentioned is accurate – until his conversion. But he experienced the change, the new birth, and he became an entirely different man. You suggest “looking at the results” – but that’s what you’re missing in Paul.

Again we see things different. I see Paul’s “Conversion” much the same way I see Constantine’s “Conversion”. Both claimed to have an encounter with God, both of which involve a degree of Pagan imagery, both “converted”, both stopped persecution, and both taught things contrary to God’s Towrah.

I do not see Pro-Towrah teaching in Paul’s writings, you do. I have heard several smart people explain how it is, and to me it seems like forcing a square peg into a round hole.

danshelprer wrote:
There is absolutely no way he could have confessed what he confessed, wrote what he wrote, lived and died the way he did, if he were not a brother – born of YHWH.

I can’t tell you how many Christian’s I have heard who tell stories of how bad their lives were, how they did drugs, were engaged in crime, did x y and z, and then they found the LORD, and Jebus saved them. Meanwhile they have no interest in coming to know Him for who he is, or even bother to read His word. Paul’s life changed, he said he was wrong before, but that doesn’t make him right now.

And if I lived at that time and meet him, I would treat him with love and try and show him the way, the same as I do with Christian’s today. But he is not alive, and his teachings are and have lead many people away from Yah. I can’t count how many times when discussing with Christian’s the significance of the Towrah I get quoted something from Paul as a way to dismiss it.

danshelper wrote:
If we do not acknowledge the change in Paul – from enemy to brother, sinner to saved – are we not denying the living Torah, Yahushua?

Are we denying the Towrah or Yahushua if we deny that Constantine had a “conversion”?

There are plenty of people who have changed their lives, but did that they came to know Yah. Looking at what he taught after his “conversion” I don’t believe that Paul came to know Yah.

danshelper wrote:
This is what’s so grievous and frightening about this line of thinking. If we deny the new birth in Paul, we’re denying the work of the Messiah in Paul. And if we deny the work of the Messiah, we are denying the Messiah. This is the anti-messiah, who denies and opposes the Messiah and His work.

You are assuming that the Messiayah worked through Paul, to me the evidence shows that he didn’t, any more than he worked through Constantine or any number of other people who claim to be working for God, but are teaching contrary to him.

danshelper wrote:
The confusion over Paul’s writings has to lie elsewhere. The situational, cultural, linguistic differences between Paul and us are enormous (context, as you say). This is what we can endeavor to untangle. But consider, if Yahushua were to return today, would He be more honored that we had completely figured out Paul’s writings through bitter divisions, or that we had perfected brotherly love while making every effort to understand Paul (Matthew 23:23)?

I think Yahushua would prefer us to just ignore Paul’s writings altogether, and focus on His Towrah. Paul’s writings are as insignificant as that of any man. Yah’s Towrah is all that matters, His Word.

We can try to figure out how Paul’s teaching of Two Covenants conforms to Yah’s One Covenant, or we can study the Covenant that Yah has made, come to know it, understand it, and trust it.

We can view the Towrah as our dead husband that we are no longer bound to, or we can embrace it, study and observe it, trust it, and the God who gave it to us, as Yahushua taught.

danshelper wrote:
We revert backwards toward justification by works if we deny the new life we’ve been given (and Paul was given) in Yahushua. The life, death, resurrection, ascension and Spirit-outpouring of the Messiah seismically changed things (Jeremiah 31:33). The spiritual landscape changed and we are changed when we trust His work for us and His presence in us. Is there any other mark or sign given by Yahushua for the world to know that we are His disciples than brotherly love? Love for YHWH and our brothers is the rosh of the Torah – the beginning and sum total of the Torah. This is what all the RC writers confirm with one voice and wrote about according to the language, culture and situations going on at their time.

No one was has ever been justified by works alone, and none of us have ever said that we are.

The Jeremiah verse is completely out of place here, as it speaks of events that have not yet happened. Jeremiah speaks of the time when Yah will renew his covenant reconciling the house of ‘Yisrael and the house of Yahudah to him, because they had broken His covenant. And he speaks of giving us the Towrah, writing it on our hearts and inner being.

Brotherly love is not the only measure of someone. Christians show a great amount of brotherly love toward each other, but by in large still don’t know Yah. And Yahushua told us what we would do if we loved him, “If any one may love me, my word he will keep, and my Father will love him, and unto him we will come, and abode with him we will make; he who is not loving me, my words doth not keep; and the word that ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.” Many of us see Paul as teaching against Yah’s Word, and I for one have not heard a compelling argument for how he is not. Therefore in my view Paul is not my brother.

Rob, Stephen, Matthew etc. are my brothers, you are my sister, and I will treat you all with all the love in the world, and I hope that comes across, regardless of difference we may have.

danshelper wrote:
I see it as a dangerous slide into error to deny that Paul is a brother – please carefully consider these things. Yahushua affected a seismic, massive change in our relationship with YHWH and one another. He did not abolish, but He did fulfill. He is the fulfillment of all salvation-required righteousness for us and we are free to willingly offer ourselves as living sacrifices to Him according to the grace He gives to each one of us. I praise Him for His gifts and I am so thankful for the way you all share what you’ve been given.

Here I would have to disagree with you. I don’t think man’s relationship with Yah changed after Yahushua. Trust and Reliance on Yah is and always was central to the relationship, all that changed is rather you were Trusting and Relying on Him to fulfill it, or Trusting and Relying that He has fulfilled it. It is still a matter of Trusting and Relying on Him, and the only way to do that is to come to know Him, and their remains but one way to come to know Yah, and that is through His Word, His Scripture.

Offline James  
#29 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 7:55:22 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Matthew wrote:
Swalchy's doc wasn't about trying to understand Paul better but rather a review of Yada's translation of Galatians from the Greek text. Stephen attempted to prove, and did in the end, that Yada's translation is flawed, more so than today's common English versions, which is an expected result from someone who has an obvious poor working knowledge of the Greek language. And because the translation is flawed it stands to reason Yada's commentary is flawed too.

I understand what Stephen was trying to do, the problem, at least for me, is unless one has a working understanding of Greek, something not many do, you have to assume that everything Stephen says is true. Now, I know Stephen, and consider him both a friend and a mentor, but I could say the same for Yada. So with out taking one's word over the other, or taking the time to learn Greek I am in no position to say one is right and the other is wrong. Personally I would prefer to spend my time learning Hebrew and studying Yah's Towrah rather than learning Greek to determine who's translation of a text, that I have no interest in, is correct.

I know, because Stephen told me at the time, that Stephen was reviewing Yada's translation of Galatians for him while he was in the process of writing QP. I even remember Yada saying on the radio program that Stephen was helping him with some of the translations of Galatians. This is the first time I have heard Stephen criticizing Yada's translation.

Offline danshelper  
#30 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 8:01:30 AM(UTC)
danshelper

James, is it really a fair assessment to compare Paul’s conversion with Constantine, or is it false witness?

From what I understand, Constantine was a murderer and adulterer after his “conversion”. One source says: “After being converted to Christianity, Constantine put to death his wife, his son, a nephew and his wife, and had Licinius (his co-emperor) and his son strangled after promising them their lives.”

We know that Paul stood and observed Stephen’s stoning (Acts 7:58, Scripture doesn’t say if he took part), but this again was before his conversion. From Scripture, we have no account of Paul performing any of the hideous crimes Constantine is known to have committed and it’s disingenuous to compare these two men. Peter warned that Paul’s words were distorted, just as Yahushua’s words were distorted to condemn Him by false witness (Mark 14:58).

Is it your understanding that there is no new birth? This is what I get from your post. If that’s the case, then along with Paul do you reject John’s writings, John 3:3, and Peter, 1 Peter 1:23? As I mentioned, I know I’m probably the blackest one here, but has no one else here experienced this complete transformation? This “new life”??

With Christians who have experienced changed lives but “have no interest in coming to know Him for who he is, or even bother to read His word” – is it fair to believe that this will always be the case? Haven’t we all grown in our understanding and commitment to our Savoir? Shouldn’t we believe in the potential in people and encourage them?

As a result of the Messiah’s work, the sacrifices and Levitical priesthood ceased, salvation opened to gentiles, there is no more necessity of a physical temple or synagogue to meet with YHWH – we are the temple, the Spirit is poured into everyone who trusts in Yahushua … these are seismic changes over the previous way and had an “upsetting the whole world” impact in the first century (John 12:19, Acts 16-20).

Is the direction here at YY best described as Ebionite? From what (little) I understand, the original Ebionites rejected Paul’s writings because they did not believe in the divinity of Yahushua, which Paul confirms. They also rejected John and maintained only Matthew’s account. This seems similar to the positions being taken here.

James, I’ll not take up any more space – let others have their say on whether Paul is a brother. YHWH bless you!
Offline sirgodfrey  
#31 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 8:39:01 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

If Paul is a brother, he is one of the most misleading (and confusing) brothers that has graced this earth.
Offline James  
#32 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 10:34:42 AM(UTC)
James
Man

danshelpre wrote:
James, is it really a fair assessment to compare Paul’s conversion with Constantine, or is it false witness?

From what I understand, Constantine was a murderer and adulterer after his “conversion”. One source says: “After being converted to Christianity, Constantine put to death his wife, his son, a nephew and his wife, and had Licinius (his co-emperor) and his son strangled after promising them their lives.”

We know that Paul stood and observed Stephen’s stoning (Acts 7:58, Scripture doesn’t say if he took part), but this again was before his conversion. From Scripture, we have no account of Paul performing any of the hideous crimes Constantine is known to have committed and it’s disingenuous to compare these two men. Peter warned that Paul’s words were distorted, just as Yahushua’s words were distorted to condemn Him by false witness (Mark 14:58).

False teaching is much worse than bad behavior. Paul did not engage in the horrific acts that Constantine did, but if his teachings were false, and lead people away from Yah, as I see them doing, then he was just as bad. John Paul the second may never have killed a fly, but his teaching and the teaching of his church that he promoted have led to the spiritual murder of millions. The Dali Llama may not physically hurt anyone, but he is still a false teacher whose teachings have lead many from Yah.

I see false teachings in Paul’s writings.

danshelper wrote:
Is it your understanding that there is no new birth? This is what I get from your post. If that’s the case, then along with Paul do you reject John’s writings, John 3:3, and Peter, 1 Peter 1:23? As I mentioned, I know I’m probably the blackest one here, but has no one else here experienced this complete transformation? This “new life”??

My whole life changed when I came to know Yah, as I am sure most everyone here has. I don’t deny that it is a life changing experience. When we are born of Yah’s spirit we are changed. I don’t deny that at all.

I am not saying that Paul was wrong for anything he did prior to his “conversion”, I am saying that what he taught after his conversion, in my opinion, is against Yah’s Word. I don’t deny that someone can live a bad life, and turn it around when they come to know Yah, I just don’t see that as having happened with Paul. Yes he changed his behavior and stopped murdering people, but that doesn't mean he came to know Yah. If a murder converts to Islam and stops killing people that doesn't mean he know Yah and we should listen to what he teaches.

danshelper wrote:
With Christians who have experienced changed lives but “have no interest in coming to know Him for who he is, or even bother to read His word” – is it fair to believe that this will always be the case? Haven’t we all grown in our understanding and commitment to our Savoir? Shouldn’t we believe in the potential in people and encourage them?

Yes, and with those people, who still have a chance I will and do engage and I encourage them to continuously seek Yah. With Paul that can’t be done, based on what we know of him, based on his writing I don’t think he ever came to know Yah, and I think his writing have led others away from Yah.

danshelper wrote:
Is the direction here at YY best described as Ebionite? From what (little) I understand, the original Ebionites rejected Paul’s writings because they did not believe in the divinity of Yahushua, which Paul confirms. They also rejected John and maintained only Matthew’s account. This seems similar to the positions being taken here.

Considering no one here has said we should reject John, or that Yahushua was not Yahuweh I don’t see how anyone here is anything like them, outside of rejecting Paul’s writings. And those of us who have rejected Paul’s writings have not done so because we don’t believe Yahushua was divine, we reject Paul because after reading what he wrote we have concluded that what he taught was not in line with what Yahuweh or Yahushua taught.

User is suspended until 10/2/2038 12:50:41 PM(UTC) Luzifull57  
#33 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2011 12:37:36 AM(UTC)
Luzifull57

yess Ok Thankss For You!
Offline bigritchie  
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2011 6:09:53 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

Paul is without a doubt a false prophet.

This is not even debatable. I used to be one of the idiots arguing that Paul is "Really Pro-Torah" and I was dead wrong and had to repent.

His letters are utterly full of errors, Torah butchering, lying, and him undermining the authority of the 12.

Trying to reconcile the trash of Galatians is laughable.

People spend way to much time committing intellectual suicide arguing about Paul rather then taking Paul at face value, and once you stop being Paul's lawyer and let him speak for himself, you will be blown away and see the real Paul for the first time in your life. You will see his writings for the trash that they are.

Messiancs though are to busy saying "Shaul" and playing with their new Israel flag, to actual go learn Torah.

Go LEARN TORAH.........You will then LAUGH when someone tells you that Paul is not a false prophet.

And you will wonder just like I did "How could I have ever been so stupid"

The Jews have told you for 2,000 years Paul is full of it, you might want to listen to them!

And btw,

Yahushua was not Yahuweh. Yada is dead wrong about this also, just as he was dead wrong when he thought Paul was legit.

The bablyonian man/god/virgin birth is the utter highest form of pagan sun god worship repeated in religions across the planet.

Edited by user Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:32:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bigritchie  
#35 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2011 6:23:09 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

James wrote:
Karen, I think the thing is many of us here do not view Paul as a brother, any more than we would view Constantine, the Pope, Muhammad or John Smith as brothers. Even reading through Paul’s letters in Stephen’s translation I find much that to me seems to be against Yah.

What I find the most revealing is looking at the results. Take as an example Yada and Ken, two very smart men, who have devoted much time to studying and to coming to know Yah. Two men who, in my opinion, have a great understanding of Yah and His Towrah. Two men who have helped numerous people come to know and Yah, myself included. Both of their writings were tremendously influential in my life. Both Yada and Ken had the same predisposition toward Paul and his writings, to like them and him. Yada went into what became QP expecting to show how Paul’s words had been twisted by Christians, not to attack Paul. Ken likewise believed the same thing that Paul’s words were being twisted, and that properly understood Paul was confirming Yah’s Towrah not denouncing it. These two intelligent, well read insightful men read the same text and came to completely different conclusions. What does that say about the text?

And since Stephen has come to the conclusion that Galatians was not written by Paul, having read through his GGD three times now, I am still not convinced, but we can and will leave that aside. Let’s take Romans, and since Stephen has called into question Yada’s translation (I know no Greek, so I having now read through his new document I am in no position to say rather his translations are right or Yada’s are, and as I have said I have better things to do than determine who is right. I will say I have checked most all of Yada’s Hebrew translation and have no issue with them.) I read through Stephens’s translation of Romans. Even in his translation I find much of Romans to be troublesome. Stephen, who translated, has read the same text and finds it to be in line with Yah’s word. I have had a couple of people try and explain to me how Romans is in line with Torah, and frankly the logic to me seems to be a stretch.

My point in both of these examples is that good people, motivated by truth, and reading the same letters can and have come to completely different conclusion regarding what Paul taught. That is why I say he is useless. His letters rather intentionally or not are written in such a way that they are confusing and since he is not here it is impossible to say for absolute certainty what he was trying to say. Combine that with the fact that we have no context for most of them, and they are one side of a conversation, and it becomes a pointless endeavor. So why bother with Paul at all? Why not stick with what we know is True, Trustworthy and Reliable, the Towrah?

Also having read through Stephen’s translation of Galatians, it’s still a troublesome letter, and I still see whoever wrote it as wrong and teaching against Towrah.

Stephen has come to the conclusion that Galatians was not written by Paul..............(even though Galatians is considered by every textual scholar on earth to be NON DISPUTED)

Who is Stephen? What are his qualifications? Where did he receive his training in Koine Greek? Is he doctored? Where was he educated? What are his degrees in? Has his thesis about Galatians not being written by Paul been peer reviewed?

I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but from pics of Stephen posted on the forums before, he looked like he was not much past 18-20 years old.

I am sorry, I don't mean to be rude to anyone, or to come across as being a jerk, but If I am going to ignore every textual scholar on the planet (Many of which are not even religious and could careless if Paul wrote it or not) then I wanna know a bit more about "Stephen".

Offline Matthew  
#36 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2011 8:57:58 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

bigritchie wrote:
The Jews have told you for 2,000 years Paul is full of it, you might want to listen to them!

Of course, they also said Yahshua was full of it. And look where it got them, God called them dead, so much so that Yahweh has to revive them at the end of the 2000 years.

bigritchie wrote:
Yahushua was not Yahuweh. Yada is dead wrong about this also, just as he was dead wrong when he thought Paul was legit.

The bablyonian man/god/virgin birth is the utter highest form of pagan sun god worship repeated in religions across the planet.

You a Karaite, or a blend of a Messianic and Jehovah's Witness?
Offline Daniel  
#37 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 8:36:19 AM(UTC)
Daniel

bigritchie wrote:
Messiancs though are to busy saying "Shaul" and playing with their new Israel flag, to actual go learn Torah.

Not all of us, sir! ;-)

Rav Sha'ul is just as valuable as the RASHI, RAMBAM or Dr. Phil.

Nehemiah wrote:

Offline cgb2  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:38:58 PM(UTC)
cgb2

bigritchie wrote:
And btw,

Yahushua was not Yahuweh.....

Gosh, I'm struggling with the overwhelming amount of scripture that one has to ignore or twist to come to that conclusion.

Offline Richard  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:20:16 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

bigritchie wrote:
Stephen has come to the conclusion that Galatians was not written by Paul..............(even though Galatians is considered by every textual scholar on earth to be NON DISPUTED)

Who is Stephen? What are his qualifications? Where did he receive his training in Koine Greek? Is he doctored? Where was he educated? What are his degrees in? Has his thesis about Galatians not being written by Paul been peer reviewed?

I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but from pics of Stephen posted on the forums before, he looked like he was not much past 18-20 years old.

I am sorry, I don't mean to be rude to anyone, or to come across as being a jerk, but If I am going to ignore every textual scholar on the planet (Many of which are not even religious and could careless if Paul wrote it or not) then I wanna know a bit more about "Stephen".

Really, BigRitchie? You've interviewed every single so-called textual scholar on earth about this and have the proof to back up your claim? Tell me: from whom did those scholars receive their credentials? And from whom did THOSE receive theirs? Upon which texts do they rely? What proof have they presented to bolster their claims that Paul is indisputably the author of the letter to the Galatians?

And another thing:

Was Yahushua doctored? Or Yahuchanon? Or Ya'aqob, or Kepha?

And another thing:

What does one's picture have to do with their ability to be used by our Father? Where does THAT sort of thinking come from? It is another example of the axiom, "If you can't refute the message, then impugn the messenger!"

Have you actually read Stephen's entire work, BR? I would be surprised if you answer in the affirmative, because he lays down proofs which are convincing. Besides, have not every single one of those textual scholars you mention (conveniently without names or links to texts proving that they hold to the opinion you ascribe to them) rejected the real Word of Yahuwah? What kind of wisdom can they possibly possess, then?

By the way, that cliche phrase, "they could care less," does not convey the meaning most folks think it does. If I could care less about someone, then I do care at least SOME for them. On the other hand, if I couldn't care less, then my concern for them is already as microscopic as it can possibly get. So what you guys mean to say is, "I couldn't care less." But to use those words would involve giving careful consideration to what one is saying instead of just parroting the world.

That's just how it is, brother.

Richard

Edited by user Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:05:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: considered additions and clarifications

Offline bigritchie  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:19:11 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

flintface wrote:
Really, BigRitchie? You've interviewed every single so-called textual scholar on earth about this and have the proof to back up your claim? Tell me: from whom did those scholars receive their credentials? And from whom did THOSE receive theirs? Upon which texts do they rely? What proof have they presented to bolster their claims that Paul is indisputably the author of the letter to the Galatians?

And another thing:

Was Yahushua doctored? Or Yahuchanon? Or Ya'aqob, or Kepha?

And another thing:

What does one's picture have to do with their ability to be used by our Father? Where does THAT sort of thinking come from? It is another example of the axiom, "If you can't refute the message, then impugn the messenger!"

Have you actually read Stephen's entire work, BR? I would be surprised if you answer in the affirmative, because he lays down proofs which are convincing. Besides, have not every single one of those textual scholars you mention (conveniently without names or links to texts proving that they hold to the opinion you ascribe to them) rejected the real Word of Yahuwah? What kind of wisdom can they possibly possess, then?

By the way, that cliche phrase, "they could care less," does not convey the meaning most folks think it does. If I could care less about someone, then I do care at least SOME for them. On the other hand, if I couldn't care less, then my concern for them is already as microscopic as it can possibly get. So what you guys mean to say is, "I couldn't care less." But to use those words would involve giving careful consideration to what one is saying instead of just parroting the world.

That's just how it is, brother.

Richard

yes I have read Stephen's work. In fact I read it as soon as he posted it on the site. And it has nothing to do with "attacking the Messenger". If Stephen is going to step up to the plate and call out virtually every textual scholar on the planet and say they are wrong, then this stuff needs to be available!

And the stand on textual scholars is well known regarding Galatians (In fact now let me ask, Stephen even mentions this in his work, so HAVE YOU READ HIS WORK?)

Pauline theology and filth occurs in every other non-disputed letter, Paul is still bogus, Paul is not magically resolved even if he did not write Galatians! In fact based on Romans and the Corinthians letters Paul is STILL a false prophet!

And regardless of whether Paul or the tooth fairy wrote Galatians or Romans THEY ARE STILL WRONG!

Offline bigritchie  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:21:52 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

cgb2 wrote:
Gosh, I'm struggling with the overwhelming amount of scripture that one has to ignore or twist to come to that conclusion.

You mean the 18 or so verses that seem to suggest that "Jesus is God" that the christians even admit are all bogus or textual additions?

While ignoring the hundreds upon hundreds of verses that prove he is NOT God?

Just because the Roman Empire got together and voted Caesar to be a god, does not mean he is a god either! Just because they vote the last Pope to be a "Saint" does not magically make him one either.
Offline Richard  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:00:32 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

When you contacted Stephen to question him about all this, what did he say? You did contact him, didn't you? I don't really understand your belligerence, BigRitchie. Or why your reply indicates that you think I am pro-Paul. I despise the self-proclaimed "apostle" as much as anyone can.

All these attacks on Stephen's work bother me, especially since they're placed here instead of on Stephen's site itself and since they do not seek to directly involve Stephen himself. So if I sound a bit obtuse, that is why. Stephen is our brother, and I love him to pieces, just as I love you to pieces, BigRitchie. Stephen's work convinced me, but then, I've never given a damn about sheepskins and other credentials handed out by mere men. I prefer to look at the evidence that is presented to me and then form my opinion based on that evidence. As often as I can, I verify the evidence to make sure I am not being suckered (which has happened).

Peace.

Richard
Offline bigritchie  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:26:11 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

flintface wrote:
When you contacted Stephen to question him about all this, what did he say? You did contact him, didn't you? I don't really understand your belligerence, BigRitchie. Or why your reply indicates that you think I am pro-Paul. I despise the self-proclaimed "apostle" as much as anyone can.

All these attacks on Stephen's work bother me, especially since they're placed here instead of on Stephen's site itself and since they do not seek to directly involve Stephen himself. So if I sound a bit obtuse, that is why. Stephen is our brother, and I love him to pieces, just as I love you to pieces, BigRitchie. Stephen's work convinced me, but then, I've never given a damn about sheepskins and other credentials handed out by mere men. I prefer to look at the evidence that is presented to me and then form my opinion based on that evidence. As often as I can, I verify the evidence to make sure I am not being suckered (which has happened).

Peace.

Richard

You know what, I am just going to drop out of this discussion.

Offline Matthew  
#44 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:54:53 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

bigritchie wrote:
You mean the 18 or so verses that seem to suggest that "Jesus is God" that the christians even admit are all bogus or textual additions?

While ignoring the hundreds upon hundreds of verses that prove he is NOT God?

Just because the Roman Empire got together and voted Caesar to be a god, does not mean he is a god either! Just because they vote the last Pope to be a "Saint" does not magically make him one either.

To me the following verses confirm that Yahshua is Yahweh:

Isaiah 48:12-13 “Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am He; I am the First and I am the Last. My own hand laid the foundations of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they all stand up together.”

Revelation 1:8,17-18 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Yahweh God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” ... When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.”

I would love to see those "hundreds upon hundreds of verses that prove he is NOT God."
Offline Prodigal  
#45 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:13:52 AM(UTC)
Prodigal

What about yshayah'el (sp?) - God exists as man? If not Yahusha, then who?
Offline FredSnell  
#46 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 2:51:16 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Isaiah
45:18 For thus saith YHWH that created the heavens; Elohim himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am YHWH; and there is none else.

45:19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I YHWH speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

45:20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto an el that cannot save.

45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I YHWH? and there is no Elohim else beside me; a just El and a Saviour; there is none besides me.

Offline shalom82  
#47 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 4:00:24 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Note: this is by no means exhaustive or comprehensive

The Pre-existence of the Messiah/YHWH existing as Yahushua

Mikah 5:2-But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, [though] thou be little among the thousands of Judah, [yet] out of thee shall he come forth unto me [that is] to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth [have been] from of old, from everlasting
Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Yahuchanan 1:18 - No one, nobody and nothing has ever yet fully seen and perceived, observed and witnessed, known and experienced, recognised and respected, understood and taken note of, comprehended and paid attention to God*: the One and only unique God*, the One who is and exists amidst the Fathers lap, bosom and chest, that certain specific one has explained and revealed, made known and reported, described and declared, narrated and recounted, unfolded and expounded, presented and recounted, dictated and set forth the information about Him.

Yahuchanan8:56- Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”
57:“You are not yet fifty years old,” the Jews said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
58:“I tell you the truth,” Yahushua answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59:At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

The Second Temple and the Messiah
Malakhi 3:1 -See I will send my messenger who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant whom you desire will come, says YHWH Tzeba'ot

Haggai 2:6“This is what YHWH Tzeba'ot says: ‘In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. 7I will shake all nations, and the desired of all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,’ says the Lord Almighty. 8‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the Lord Almighty. 9‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the Lord Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace,’ declares the Lord Almighty.”

“I tell you that one greater than the temple is here.” Matthew 12:6

More to Think about:
Gen 22:11 but the Messenger of יהוה called to him from the heavens and said, “Aḇraham, Aḇraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”
Gen 22:12 And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy, nor touch him. For now I know that you fear Elohim, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son from Me.” Gen 22:13 And Aḇraham lifted his eyes and looked and saw behind him a ram caught in a bush by its horns, and Aḇraham went and took the ram and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son.
Gen 22:14 And Aḇraham called the name of the place, ‘יהוה Yireh,’ as it is said to this day, “On the mountain יהוה provides.”
Gen 22:15 And the Messenger of יהוה called to Aḇraham a second time from the heavens,
Gen 22:16 and said, “By Myself I have sworn, declares יהוה, because you have done this, and have not withheld your son, your only son,

(YHWH speaking) Zec 12:10 “And I shall pour on the house of Dawiḏ and on the inhabitants of Yerushalayim a spirit of favour and prayers. And they shall look on Me whom they pierced, and they shall mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son. And they shall be in bitterness over Him as a bitterness over the first-born.

Isa 48:12 “Listen to Me, O Yaʽaqoḇ, and Yisra’ĕl, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last.
Isa 48:13 “Also, My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, and My right hand has stretched out the heavens. I call to them, let them stand together.

Rev 1:7 See, He is coming with the clouds, (could only be Yahushua) and every eye shall see Him, even they who pierced Him. (Zech 12:10) And all the tribes of the earth shall mourn because of Him. Yes, Amĕn.
Rev 1:8 “I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, Beginning and End,” says יהוה “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Daniel 7:13 - I was seeing in the visions of the night, and lo, with the clouds of the heavens as a son of man was [one] coming, and unto the Ancient of Days he hath come, and before Him they have brought him near. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
(foundational reference of the SON OF MAN)

Matthew 24:30 - Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory*

Mark 14:61-But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed? 62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of (YHWH)^, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Isa 40:10 See, the Master יהוה comes with a strong hand, and His arm *rules for Him. See, His reward is with Him, and His recompense before Him.
Rev 22:12 “And see, I am coming speedily (who's coming?), and My reward is with Me, to give to each according to his work
Rev 22:13 “I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

*Sidenote: pertaining to the Arm of YHWH see also : Ex 6:6, Deut 5:15, Isaiah 52:10 (with it's connection and proximity to the suffering servant passage being noted), Isaiah 53:1
^ Moshiach's "blasphemy"

Edited by user Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:39:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline cgb2  
#48 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2011 6:36:05 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Here's a cut and paste of list I had compiled a while back:

Other scriptural comparisons of Yahuweh (Elohim) to Yahushua

Yahuweh is our shepherd
Psalm 23:1; Isaiah 40:11

Yahushua is our shepherd
John 10:11

Yahuweh is the I AM
Exodus 3:14 Yahuweh (Yahweh) means "He Is."

Yahushua Messiyah is the I AM
John 8:58, Revelation 1:8

Yahuweh is our creator
Isaiah 44:24

Yahushua Messiyah is our creator
John 1:3, Colossians 1:16

Yahuweh is our redeemer
Jeremiah 1:34, Isaiah 47:4

Yahushua Messiyah is our redeemer
Galatians 3:13; Revelation 5:9; Titus 2:14; Luke 24:21

Yahuweh is our savior
Isaiah 43:3,10; 45:21,22; 60:16; 49:26

Yahushua is our savior
1 John 4; Luke 2:11; 2 Timothy 1; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1

Yahuweh is our creator
Isaiah 44:24

Yahushua Messiyah is our creator
John 1:3, Colossians 1:16

More on Yahuweh as Yahushua

• Yahuweh knows “all things.” (1 John 3:20; Psalm 147:5) Yahushua knows “all things.” (John 16:30)
• Yahuweh is the only one who knows the hearts of all men. (1 Kings 8:39; Jeremiah 17:9-10) Yahushua knows the hearts of all men. (John 2:24-25; Rev. 2:18, 23)
• Yahuweh is our sanctifier. (Exodus 31:13) Yahushua sanctifies us. (Hebrews 10:10)
• Yahuweh is our peace. (Judges 6:23) Yahushua is our peace. (Ephesians 2:14)
• Yahuweh is our righteousness. (Jeremiah 23:6) Yahushua is our righteousness. ( 1 Corinthians 1:30)
• Yahuweh is our healer. (Exodus 15:26) Yahushua heals us. (Acts 9:34)
• Yahuweh God dwells in us. (2 Corinthians 6:16) Yahushua is in us. (Romans 8:10)2.
• Yahuweh is the giver of life who will not allow His people to be “snatched” out of His hand. (Deuteronomy 32:39) Yahushua is the giver of life who will not allow His people to be “snatched” out of His hand. (John 10:28)
• Yahuweh’s voice is “like the roar of rushing waters.” (Ezekiel 43:2) Yahushua’ “voice was like the sound of rushing waters.” (Revelation 1:15)
• Yahuweh is present everywhere. (Proverbs 15:3; Jeremiah 23:24; I Kings 8:27) Yahushua is omnipresent. (John 1:48; Matthew 18:20; 28:20)
• Yahuweh’s nature does not change. (Malachi 3:6) Yahushua’ nature does not change. (Hebrews 13:8)3.
• Yahuweh is the only God we are to “serve.”
(2 Kings 17:35) Yahushua is to be served. (Col. 3:24)
• Yahuweh is the only God to be “reverenceped.” (Exodus 34:14) Yahushua receives the same honor and “reverence” that the Father receives. (John 5:23; Revelation 5:11-14 compare with Rev. 4:10-11)4. No angel can receive “reverence.” (Revelation 22:8-9)
• Yahuweh the Lord is to be set apart as holy. (Isaiah 8:12b-13) Yahushua as Yahuweh is to be set apart as holy. (1 Peter 3:14b-15a)5.
• Yahuweh’s glory is not to be given to another.
(Isaiah 42:8) Yahushua shares Yahuweh’s glory. (Jn. 17:5)
• God’s name is Yahuweh (or Yahweh--YHWH). (Isaiah 42:8) Yahushua has Yahuweh’s name. (John 17:11; John 16:14-15)
• Yahuweh is the only God to be mentioned in prayer. (Exodus 23:13) Messiyahians are to pray to Yahushua.6.
(John 14:14)
• Calling upon Yahuweh (Joel 2:32) is the same as calling upon Yahushua. (Acts 2:21; Romans 10:9-13)7.
• Yahuweh “the true God” is called “eternal life.”
(1 John 5:20) Yahushua is called “the eternal life.”
(1 John 1:2)
• Yahuweh is the “mighty God.” (Jeremiah 32:17-18; Isaiah 10:20-21) Yahushua is the “mighty God”
(Isaiah 9:6) who is “Almighty.” (Revelation 1:7-8)8. THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD. (1 Timothy 1:17; Isaiah 44:8)
• Yahuweh is an “everlasting light.” (Psalm 27:1; Isaiah 60:19-20) Yahushua is the light of men and the everlasting light of the future city. (John 1:4-9; Revelation 21:23)
• Yahuweh is “the first and the last.” (Isaiah 44:6; 48:12) Yahushua is the “first and the last.”
(Revelation 1:17-18; 22:12-13, 20)
• Yahuweh is the “Alpha and the Omega.” (Revelation 1:8; Revelation 21:6-7) Yahushua is the “Alpha and the Omega.” (Revelation 22:12-13, 20)
• Yahuweh’s title is “the Holy One.” (Isaiah 47:4) Yahushua is “the Holy One.” (Acts 3:14; John 6:69)
• Yahuweh is the “stumbling stone” of Israel.
(Isaiah 8:13-15) Yahushua is the “stumbling stone” of Israel. (1 Peter 2:6-8)
• John the Baptist was to prepare the way for Yahuweh. (Isaiah 40:3) The Yahuweh who came was Yahushua.
(Mark 1:1-4; John 1:6-7, 23)
• Yahuweh is the one who was “pierced.” (Zechariah 12:10)9. Yahushua is the pierced Yahuweh. (John 19:34; Revelation 1:7-8)
• The Yahuweh who was sold for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:13) is Yahushua. (Matthew 27:2-6)
• Yahuweh is Lord of the elements. (Psalm 89:8-9) Yahushua is Lord of the elements. (Matthew 8:26-27; John 2:7-9)
• Yahuweh is the great Judge who gives life to whom he wishes and who renders to each man “according” to his “deeds.” (Psalm 98:9; Deuteronomy 32:39; Jeremiah 17:9-10) Yahushua is the only judge who gives life to whom he wishes and renders to each man “according” to his “deeds.” (John 5:21-22; Revelation 2:18, 23)
• Yahuweh is the only one who can forgive sins. (Mark 2:7; Daniel 9:9) Yahushua forgives sins. (Mark 2:10-11; Luke 24:46-47)
• Yahuweh is the great “shepherd” who leads his people to “the spring of the water of life.” (Psalm 23:1-2; Revelation 21:6-7) Yahushua as the “shepherd” of His people, leads them “to springs of the water of life.” (John 10:11-18; Revelation 7:17) THERE IS ONLY ONE SHEPHERD --John 10:16.
• Yahuweh is “Lord of Lords.” (Deuteronomy 10:17) Yahushua is “Lord of Lords.” (Revelation 17:14; 19:16) The Father is Lord of all. (Matthew 11:25;
Acts 17:24) Yahushua is “Lord of all.” (Acts 10:36) THERE IS ONLY ONE LORD. (Jude 4)
• Yahuweh is the Savior. (Isaiah 45:21-22) Yahushua is the Savior. (Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1) THERE IS ONLY ONE SAVIOR. (Isaiah 43:11)
• Yahuweh created the universe. (Psalm 102:25-27) Yahushua created the universe. (John 1:3; Colossians 1:15-19;10. Hebrews 1:10-12).11. THERE IS ONLY ONE CREATOR. (Isaiah 44:24)
• Isaiah saw Yahuweh. (Isaiah 6:1-5) The Yahuweh that Isaiah saw was Yahushua. (John 12:41)

Creator: John 1:3 (Yahushua); Isa 40:28 (YHWH)
Savior: John 4:42 (Yahushua); Isa 45:22; 43:11 (YHWH)
Raise the dead: John 5:21 (Yahushua); I Sam 2:6 (YHWH)
Judge: John 5:27; Matt 25:31-46 (Yahushua); Joel 3:12 (YHWH)
Light: John 8:12 (Yahushua); Isa 60:19-20 (YHWH)
"I AM": John 8:58; 18:5,6 (Yahushua); Ex 3:14 (YHWH)
Shepherd: John 10:11 (Yahushua); Ps 23:1 (YHWH)
Glory of God: John 17:1,5 (Yahushua); Isa 42:8; 48:11 (YHWH)
First and last: Rev 1:17; 2:8 (Yahushua); Isa 41:4; 44:6 (YHWH)
Redeemer: Rev 5:9 (Yahushua); Hosea 13:14 (YHWH)
Bridegroom: Rev 21:2; Matt 25:1ff (Yahushua); Isa 62:5; Hosea 2:16 (YHWH)
Rock: I Cor 10:4 (Yahushua); Ps 18:2 (YHWH)
Forgiver of sins: Mark 2:7,10; Jer 31:34 (YHWH)
reverenceed by angels: Heb 1:6 (Yahushua); Ps 148:2 (YHWH)
Addressed in prayer: Acts 7:59 (Yahushua); throughout Hebrew Scriptures (YHWH)
Creator of angels: Col 1:16 (Yahushua); Ps 148:5 (YHWH)
Confessed: Phil 2:11 (Yahushua); Isa 45:23 (YHWH)
Because of who Yahushua is (i.e., YHWH) then we are to give Him the proper respect and reverence He deserves.
Offline tagim  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:14:11 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Does anyone know where the writing is that alleges that Paul pushed James (brother of Yahowsha) down stairs, intending or nearly killed him?
Offline FredSnell  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:32:33 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/paul/paul.htm

I haven't found anything, but this site's pretty informative about, Paul. I've looked it over now and then and haven't seen anything like that on there, but there's a lot there too.