logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Daniel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:20:38 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Here are some instances where I think that Paul of Tarsus seems to be in conflict with Jesus(Yahushua)1. Please take 10 minutes and look at these citations with an open mind and decide for yourself if they are in conflict.

As stated elsewhere, whenever a english translation of the Bible uses the word “law” or “laws”, the original text usually says Torah. (Please feel look it up in your interlinear edition or a Bible dictionary!) The reverse also applies, when you encounter the word “lawlessness” or even “wickedness2”, the original text usually says 'without Torah'.

The Law (the Torah) is abolished

Paul Of Tarsus Says:
Romans 6:14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Yahushua (Jesus) Says:
Luke 16:17 But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter in the Torah to become void.

Paul says that we are not under the law, Jesus says that it would be easier for the entire universe to be destroyed than for even one letter of His Torah to become void.

Paul Of Tarsus Says:
Romans 7:4 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

Yahushua Says:
Matthew 19:17 "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

Paul says that we must die to the Torah, Yahushua says that if we want to enter life we must obey Torah. Both statements cannot be true.

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Ephesians 2:14-15a For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.

Yahushua Says:

Matthew 5:17-18 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.”

Paul says that Jesus abolished the Torah, Yahushua says exactly the opposite. Paul wrote his letter to the Ephesians in the 50's. Jesus says that the entire universe must be destroyed before the smallest mark on the page of the Torah would disappear. Unless heaven and earth disappeared sometime between the 30's and the 50's, nothing written in The Law is to be disregarded.

The Law (the Torah) is a curse

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

Yahushua Says:

Matthew 19:17 "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

In Psalms 19:7, David says “The Torah of YHWH is perfect, restoring the inner person. The instruction of YHWH is sure, making wise the thoughtless.” In Galatians, Paul says the Law (the Torah) is a curse. Jesus says only God (YHWH, Yahweh) is good and if you want to enter into life, obey the Torah. If it is the way to enter into eternal life, then is cannot be a curse. See Galatians chapter 3 and Romans chapter 3 for Paul's full on assault upon the Torah.

No one is justified by keeping the Law (Torah)

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Galatians 2:16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified

Yahushua Says:

Matthew 16:27 “For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.”

Paul says don't even try to follow God's “prescriptions for living”, the Law, the Torah. Yahushua says that you will be rewarded according to what you actually do, the deeds you carry out. He was all about Torah3, the deeds He is referring to are those spelled out in Torah. These deeds are what His Father (our Father, too) asked us to do in His Scriptures.

Followers of the Messiah4 don't have to observe Torah (keep the Law)

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Yahushua Says:

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command.”

Observing the holy-days set forth in the Torah5, keeping the Sabbath and following the dietary guidelines are what Jesus says you will do, if we love Him. Paul says don't bother with that stuff and don't even listen to someone who would point out that you ought to obey these commands.

Whom are we to call “Father”?

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

I Corinthians 4:15-16 Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. Therefore I urge you to imitate me.

Yahushua Says:

Matthew 23:9 “And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.”

Paul says 'I am your father'. Jesus says don't call anyone on earth 'father'. It seems that the Roman Catholic Church prefers that you call their priests, bishops, cardinals and Pope “Father”, in agreement with Paul's instruction to imitate him and in direct conflict with what the Messiah said to do.

The Sabbath is just like any other day

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Romans 14:5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

Yahushua Says:

Jesus “observed the Sabbath” at least 1,039 times.
(considered an adult at age 13, executed at age 33 = 20 years. 20 years x 52 weeks = 1040 Sabbaths, minus the one Sabbath that He spent in the tomb)
Paul says you can just decide for yourself if you want to 'remember the Sabbath and keep it holy'. WWJD? He kept the Sabbath! Had Yahushua missed even one Sabbath observance, He would have immediately been disqualified as Messiah because He would have violated the fourth commandment.

Jesus preached a message of peace

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

Yahushua Says:

Matthew 10:34-37 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-- a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Yahushua is not preaching a message of war by any means, but His message cannot be summarized by saying that he 'preached peace'!

After the resurrection, Yahushua never said anything about the Torah being nullified or done away with. Not one word. This is consistent with His life and teaching prior to His execution when He was always saying to keep Torah. In fact, on the road to Emmaus, He had to 'walk them (the two disciples) through' the scriptures from the beginning to show that He was the prophesied Messiah. This showed them that 'He' was 'Him' and that the events of that weekend were necessary and prophesied. As soon as the disciples 'got it', the recognized Yahushua, and then He disappeared. He did not say, “Yup, the Torah, Prophets and Psalms6 are all about Me, and, oh, now I suppose you can just disregard that stuff.”

After Pentecost and the Ascension, the disciples kept to the principle of Torah observance. They never, ever said “you don't have to follow the Torah”, because the Messiah never said that.

The dietary rules in the Torah do not have to be observed

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Romans 14:14 As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.

I Timothy 4:1-5 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

The Disciples Say:

Acts 15:28-29 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.

Revelation 2:14 “Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: You have people there who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin by eating food sacrificed to idols and by committing sexual immorality.” (This is actually God talking in John's revelation. Note that the wording regarding food and immorality is almost exactly the same)
Paul says that you can eat any food that you want too, even if it was a sacrifice to a pagan idol, as long as you are thankful for it. Paul repeats this in 1 Corinthians 8:4-13 James, the leader of the early church7 and the Council of Jerusalem (oh, and he was Yahushua’s brother, too) says that we are NOT to eat food that was sacrificed to idols. This letter is thought to have been written before Paul's letters to the Romans or Timothy. John's revelation was written long after Paul was gone and says that God said not to eat food that was sacrificed to pagan idols. The Pauline license to eat food that was sacrificed to idols is bookended, before and after, by the disciples' instruction against that very act.

God's Law (the Torah) makes you sin

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Romans 7:7-11 7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet." But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead. Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death.

James, Yahushua's Brother, Says:

James 1:13-14 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.

Paul's logic is a little hard to follow here but it is clear that he equates the commandments with death. Sin seizes the opportunity made by the Law and tempts him, producing every kind of covetous desire? James, on the other hand, says that God does not tempt anyone. By implication, His “instructions for living”, the Torah cannot be the source of temptation. Paul is way out of line when he is blaming God's law for temptation.

The Law (the Torah) is death

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

II Corinthians 3:7 Now if that which worked death, by means of a written text engraved on stone tablets, came with glory - such glory that the people of Isra'el could not stand to look at Moshe's face because of its brightness, even though that brightness was already fading away

YHWH Says:

Deuteronomy 4:40 Keep his decrees and commands, which I am giving you today, so that it may go well with you and your children after you and that you may live long in the land the LORD8 your God gives you for all time.
Deuteronomy 6:24-25 The LORD commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the LORD our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today. And if we are careful to obey all this law before the LORD our God, as he has commanded us, that will be our righteousness."

Not satisfied with just contradicting the disciples and the Messiah, here Paul is now contradicting Yahweh's own instructions given to Moses on Mount Sinai. “Prosper”-ing, being “kept alive” and obtaining “righteousness” cannot come from “that which worked death”.

When the Law was in force, faith had not yet come

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Galations 3:23 Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Romans 4:3 What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
Romans 4:22 This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness."

Here, Paul of Tarsus contradicts Paul of Tarsus! Which way is it, Mr. Oftarsus? Did or did not Abraham have faith in God? If faith had not yet been revealed, how could Abraham's belief in YHWH be credited to him as righteousness?

What do you have to do to be saved?

Paul Of Tarsus Says:

Romans 10:8-9 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Yahushua Says:

Luke 10:25-28 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?" He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

Paul indicates that all you have to do is say the magic words and 'believe in your heart' to be saved.

When Jesus is asked the same question, He refers the questioner to the Torah. Rather than recite the entire Torah, the man pronounces a summary of the Law.

Yahushua says that this summation of the Torah is correct9. This is a summary of the Torah, not the entire thing! We know from the text that both parties in the conversation knew the Torah because one was 'an expert in the law', the other was the law made flesh. Yahushua then says “Do this and you will live.” He does NOT say 'just say that you have faith in me' and 'believe it in your heart'. He is saying that you need to observe the Torah.

Let me ask you this: How many times did you find your self saying “What Paul really means is...”? Or are you finding yourself on the side of Pauline Christianity rather than following the teachings and example of the Messiah? You must choose whom you are going to follow, because Jesus and Paul are often saying very different things. Paul's way is much easier to follow and live with. Jesus way, on the other hand, requires that you actually do something.

Footnotes:
1For familiarity's sake I have chosen to use the name “Jesus”, even though His name was really Yahushua, which means “YAH Saves”, or “Only YHWH can be counted upon for salvation”

2The King James Version is especially fast and loose regarding substituting other words for “Torah”

3He actually was Torah, see John 1:1. He is the living embodiment of God's Word, God's Law, God's Prescription For Living, God's Torah

4A better tranlitteration of this title would be MessiYah which means “useful impliment (or tool) of Yahweh”

5The made up “holidays” such as Flag Day, 4th of July, Guy Fawkes Day, Canada Day, etc. do not count!

6The hebrew term for the “Old Testament”, the Torah, Prophets and Psalms is Tannakh

7The actual word is ekklesia, which means “called out (or separated from the world) assembly”

8The NIV should say YHWH here. Look in the front of your NIV (or any other 'study-type-Bible') for the 'translator notes' and you will see that the name YHWH has been removed from the text and LORD has been inserted. The translators are confessing that they have both 'added to' and 'taken away from' God's word.

9This may be the best “pop-quiz” grade anyone has ever scored, and look at who graded it!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 1:16:47 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Daniel wrote:
As stated elsewhere, whenever a english translation of the Bible uses the word “law” or “laws”, the original text usually says Torah.

I don't have time now to go through the whole post but the translation of the Greek word "nomos" will depend on whether it is preceded by a definite article or not. Something I can tell you Yada didn't take into consideration in his translation of QP.
Offline Daniel  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:57:15 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Matthew wrote:
I don't have time now to go through the whole post but the translation of the Greek word "nomos" will depend on whether it is preceded by a definite article or not.

I only used english translations (NIV and CJB) to attempt to make the case.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline VinceB.  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:23:04 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Insofar as it concerns me, I think you did a great job of showing a side by side comparison of what Yahowah in Yahowsha' had to say verses what Sha'uwl's rendering...again, insofar as it pertains to me: when I read Paul's stuff now, it's so soupy (I know, not a good word...) so I'll say in a word: is so "psychedelic"; the guy has to have been on something to come up with what it is he came up with for the meaning Yahowsha' did works nobody else and do...

btw Daniel, I did bookmark your post here, I think it really is a very concise side by side comparison...thanks for doing it!
HWHY
Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2011 8:10:43 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
A thought occured to me during celebration of Pentecost/Shavuot...
If this commemorates the giving of the Torah at Mt Sinai and fulfilled in the upper room, then both are "of the spirit".
Where does Paul get off sayng the Torah is of the flesh?
Offline VinceB.  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2011 9:02:13 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

cgb2 wrote:
A thought occured to me during celebration of Pentecost/Shavuot...
If this commemorates the giving of the Torah at Mt Sinai and fulfilled in the upper room, then both are "of the spirit".
Where does Paul get off sayng the Torah is of the flesh?

I'm having a similar problem over at world net daily's forums/blog...the more I read Paul's stuff compared with what God said, the more I hate the things of Paul and what he got away with concerning those who believe his nonsense...I wrote:

"You are correct - but only from the perspective of looking at the world from Babylon - and we are, living in Babel." (as he's diminishing the role women play in his wanting to see women are not equal to men etc)

"God spoke Hebrew in what's refered to as 'The Old' (there's only One Covenant) Paul's the one creating two - is also the one who said Ma'aseyah Yahowsha' has no assocition with Yahowah or of the old testament or with the Yahowdym - meaning related to Yah. Doesn't matter to Paul that Yahowsha' means Yahowah Saves - not when he has his' Greek Gott's Spell of the Roman Gratiae/Graces (of which there are three)/Charis from the Greek, as the means by which God saves the whole human race; wasn't Paul a Roman citizen?

It's to bad God didn't speak Textus Receptus." (he pushes Paul pretty good)

"Paul Mark and Luke were not eyewitnesses, wrote in Textus Receptus. Paul's stuff is ambiguous, contradicting everything God ever said (Paul liked putting words in Yah's mouth) confusing everyone in the process, is babel; and is also why I nolonger believe Paul's stuff - I nolonger believe he ever spoke for God; he only said he did. The rest of the NT is good for historical records from the eyewitnesses - but not as what the OT is: the Word of God. The Greek, and errors in translations, wrecked any chance of the New being God's Word.

The only difference between Jerome's Vulgate and Francis Bacon's KJV, is Jerome wanted to kiss the ring on the pope's finger - Bacon, the king's sceptre." (related to the guy implies there's this big difference between the Latin Vulgate and the King James)

"From God's perspective: If mom ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! Ruwach Qodesh (Yah's Spirit Set-Apart) is our Spiritual Mom. In the context of the family unit Yah setup (a mom, dad, and kids are - the building block of society) is modeled after Himself just as male/female made in His image (Dad, our Heavenly Father, Sets-Apart our Spiritual Mother, has also Set-Apart His' diminished corporeal manifestation of Himself: "Yahowah saving us"/Yahowsha', is the Family we're invited to be adopted into if you're Gentile - Jews are natural born from birth; and no, life isn't fair)...and so it is with us.

With God there's neither male or female, there's just 6+1=7 (6, being man/woman) (1, being God) and 7 being perfection, we living with God forever in Sukah-the 7th Called-Out Assemblies."

the religion of christianity has seriously blocked folks from thinking rationally.
HWHY
Offline In His Name  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2011 2:20:15 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Daniel wrote:

Revelation 2:14 “Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: You have people there who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin by eating food sacrificed to idols and by committing sexual immorality.” (This is actually God talking in John's revelation. Note that the wording regarding food and immorality is almost exactly the same)
Paul says that you can eat any food that you want too, even if it was a sacrifice to a pagan idol, as long as you are thankful for it. Paul repeats this in 1 Corinthians 8:4-13 James, the leader of the early church7 and the Council of Jerusalem (oh, and he was Yahushua’s brother, too) says that we are NOT to eat food that was sacrificed to idols. This letter is thought to have been written before Paul's letters to the Romans or Timothy. John's revelation was written long after Paul was gone and says that God said not to eat food that was sacrificed to pagan idols. The Pauline license to eat food that was sacrificed to idols is bookended, before and after, by the disciples' instruction against that very act.

This reminded me of a little research I did last fall:

Paul traveled to 4 of the 7 churches of Revelation; Ephusus, Smyrna, Philidelphia and Pergumum. Interesting 'coincidence' to the Revelation text below, describing false apostles and false jews who would deceive them:

Ephusus: You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars.
Smyrna: I know the slander of those opposing you. They say they are Jews, but they really aren't because theirs is a synagogue of Satan.
Philadelphia: Look! I will force those who belong to Satan--those liars who say they are Jews but are not--to come and bow down at your feet.
Pergumum: And yet I have a few complaints against you. You tolerate some among you who are like Balaam, who showed Balak how to trip up the people of Israel. He taught them to worship idols by eating food offered to idols and by committing sexual sin.

Of the remaining three churches only one mentions a deceiver and this is a woman likened to jezebel.

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline VinceB.  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2011 4:10:24 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

In His Name wrote:
This reminded me of a little research I did last fall:

Paul traveled to 4 of the 7 churches of Revelation; Ephusus, Smyrna, Philidelphia and Pergumum. Interesting 'coincidence' to the Revelation text below, describing false apostles and false jews who would deceive them:

Ephusus: You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars.
Smyrna: I know the slander of those opposing you. They say they are Jews, but they really aren't because theirs is a synagogue of Satan.
Philadelphia: Look! I will force those who belong to Satan--those liars who say they are Jews but are not--to come and bow down at your feet.
Pergumum: And yet I have a few complaints against you. You tolerate some among you who are like Balaam, who showed Balak how to trip up the people of Israel. He taught them to worship idols by eating food offered to idols and by committing sexual sin.

Of the remaining three churches only one mentions a deceiver and this is a woman likened to jezebel.

I recall as I worked my way through Questioning Paul, where it is postulated that it could have been the case Paul was a homosexual; and might explain his rather distain for women and his rather closeness to Timothy...sort of dovetails with homosexual wide-spread in Christendom...apples not falling to far from the proverbial 'tree' and all; not to mention Roman empire was given over to all things pagan including all things sexual perversion...

Yah's best on His Ekklesia; and His blessed Shabbat!
HWHY
Offline James  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 4:47:29 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
In His Name wrote:

While the Ephusus one may be applied to Paul, the other three are real stretches for me. In my opinion the Jews who are not Jews are referring to Pharisaical Judaism, and the Yahouwdy who rejected Yahowsha. As for the Pergumum admonition, there is no evidence, that I know of, that Paul promoted either eating food offered to idols or committing sexual sins.

While I am no fan of Paul I think it would be best to criticize him and hold him to account for more concrete failings.

VinceB wrote:
I recall as I worked my way through Questioning Paul, where it is postulated that it could have been the case Paul was a homosexual

Yada does speculate on this, and in fact has come to this conclusion, but it's is really just speculation, and making the accusation I think lowers ones credibility. It's one of the things I wish Yada hadn't included in QP, for that reason. It makes it look like he is searching for any possible way to criticize Paul, and like I said I prefer the more concrete ones. That said Yada is not the first one to speculate as to Paul's sexual orientation, you can search the internet and find pages of it.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline VinceB.  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:21:16 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

The more I research Paul's stuff against Yah's the more I'd like to stone Paul too!

Yahowsha' uses (if we can believe the Greek words, the translational errors into English notwithstanding) words like "deute" - means come hither, come, hither; or "akoloutheó" - meaning I accompany, attend, follow.

Paul renders two words over and over that means the same thing: to "imitate" him in our "following" his example and version of what the Ma'aseyah Yahowsha' was doing: "summimétés" as in Phil 3:17, and 1 Cor 11:1 "mimétés"

Obviously the Ekklesia of Yah were well along the path of being established, right after Shabuwa' 33 AD -as they were commissioned to do- all over the middle-east long before the "wolf" got struck by his lightening experience - long before the "wolf" but on his' apostles' clothes - Paul never stopped being a "wolf"!

Everytime, according to Paul, he'd go into the mission field, he'd start out in the synagogues where both Jews and Gentiles (the Ekklesia) met together - and clearly there were those who were in the process of making a decision -one way or the other- by the fact there were those who welcomed Paul back - so said Paul's accounts!?

Clearly there were not only the rabbanical Jews who wanted to kill Paul, there'd also be those Jews of the Ekklesia (Jews newly coming out of rabbanical Judaism, [as well as those Gentiles newly coming out of Roman-paganism notwithstanding]) who'd want to kill Paul too.

Obviously: Yah's Ekklesia was also having unnecessary attention drawn to her as a direct result of what Paul was doing (the Ekklesia being stuck between three separate enemies: secular-pagan Romans, the rabbanical Jews, and the Church of Paul [same as it has always been; aren't we stuck between the same enemies: the pagans the church secular humanism?]) - neither the pagan Romans or the pagan rabbanical groups saw much difference in what Paul was doing from what the Ekklesia was doing.)

Paul was actively engaged in destroying the Ekklesia - but as a result of his being a "wolf" in sheeps' clothing resulted in many more of the Ekklesia being killed by both the Romans and the rabbanical Jews than there would have been killed had he not been struck by lightening!
HWHY
Offline FredSnell  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:24:55 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
VinceB. wrote:
The more I research Paul's stuff against Yah's the more I'd like to stone Paul too!

I thought it you, but maybe it was another that made the excellent parallel of the pharoes dream of the 7 fat cows and how the 7 skinny cows ate up the fat ones without anyone noticing and how that was a sign in Revelations of the 7 assemblies that Yahushua reached out to, ( Philidelphia, Smyrna, Pergamos,..and the other 4) and how the 7 assemblies that Paul taught, (Galtia, Corinth, Rome...etc) had gobbled those up. With that, it did give John 5 :43 at least to me it did an understanding of just who Yahushua was speaking of.

"I have come in my Father's name, and your hearts are not open to me. If another comes with no other authority but himself, you will give him your approval."
Offline VinceB.  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:51:44 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

encounterHim wrote:
I thought it you, but maybe it was another that made the excellent parallel of the pharoes dream of the 7 fat cows and how the 7 skinny cows ate up the fat ones without anyone noticing and how that was a sign in Revelations of the 7 assemblies that Yahushua reached out to, ( Philidelphia, Smyrna, Pergamos,..and the other 4) and how the 7 assemblies that Paul taught, (Galtia, Corinth, Rome...etc) had gobbled those up. With that, it did give John 5 :43 at least to me it did an understanding of just who Yahushua was speaking of.

"I have come in my Father's name, and your hearts are not open to me. If another comes with no other authority but himself, you will give him your approval."

I didn't think of it - but it sure makes sense.

Having listened to BTR program this morning; couldn't help but seeing Paul in keeping with being the first communist?

I mean, the Pharicees and Sudducees obviously had factions with in each group just as all religious and political scams have (RNC has their social fiscal moderates within the party etc)...the workings of Ma'aseyah Yahowsha' just pushed Paul over the top - giving him all the more reason to ditch the Towrah (only using the Towrah as it would help him advance his religion of christianity - just as the Muslims, and Jews with their Talmud, do)...

Paul was somehow able to get away with merging his "liberal" anti-Towrah leaning world view with his pro-hellenistic views linking Ma'aseyah Yahowsha', with Dionysus, to create his communist christian "churchs" with their newly formed covenant.
HWHY
Offline FredSnell  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:14:44 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Paul the 1st commie!...the pictures ppl have shown of what they believe Paul looked like do favor, Lenin...lol. Now everytime I think of one of 'em, the other will no doubt pop up in my head. Talking about a communist, a friend sent this to my e-mail this morning. I still haven't opened it. I have a feeling already what's in it. Here's the letter if you are anyone else is interested.

"For the past 60 years, the Communist gang of criminals in Russia have been subverting and taking over country after country. They swallowed up entire nations during WWII that are still in their possession.

Over 50 years ago, a Russian defector warned America that the KGB had instituted an extreme long-range plan to brainwash the American citizens over a period of decades while simultaneously socializing their nation through their agents.

This plan included taking over the media, the prestigious educational institutions, and the cultural institutions.

Their plan to take over the United States was known as "ideological subversion and consisted of four stages. The stages were Demoralization, Destabilization, Crisis, and Normalization.

The KGB's funding and control of "terrorist" states is part of this long-range strategy. 9/11 was the first probe and the entire Russian military was prepared to follow up if the last plane succeeded in hitting the Pentagon or White House.

We are at the final end of a plan that has been in action for over 50 years. If you wonder why the United States is $14 trillion in debt, why the economy is about to crash, why the influence of American Christianity on culture has disappeared, why drug use and promiscuity have exploded, why the Communists apparently "disappeared" in the 1980's, why it appears as if the current President is a traitor to this nation, you are not alone.

It was all planned in advance. There are agents all across America, both direct KGB operatives and millions of useful idiots brainwashed by KGB propaganda, ready to institute a Communist government in the USA.

We are currently in Crisis mode, the precursor to a violent change of power."

Understand.

Prepare.

Survive.

The Coming Attack.

http://www.thecomingattack.com

Offline VinceB.  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:28:25 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

encounterHim wrote:
Paul the 1st commie!...the pictures ppl have shown of what they believe Paul looked like do favor, Lenin...lol. Now everytime I think of one of 'em, the other will no doubt pop up in my head. Talking about a communist, a friend sent this to my e-mail this morning. I still haven't opened it. I have a feeling already what's in it. Here's the letter if you are anyone else is interested.

"For the past 60 years, the Communist gang of criminals in Russia have been subverting and taking over country after country. They swallowed up entire nations during WWII that are still in their possession.

Over 50 years ago, a Russian defector warned America that the KGB had instituted an extreme long-range plan to brainwash the American citizens over a period of decades while simultaneously socializing their nation through their agents.

This plan included taking over the media, the prestigious educational institutions, and the cultural institutions.

Their plan to take over the United States was known as "ideological subversion and consisted of four stages. The stages were Demoralization, Destabilization, Crisis, and Normalization.

The KGB's funding and control of "terrorist" states is part of this long-range strategy. 9/11 was the first probe and the entire Russian military was prepared to follow up if the last plane succeeded in hitting the Pentagon or White House.

We are at the final end of a plan that has been in action for over 50 years. If you wonder why the United States is $14 trillion in debt, why the economy is about to crash, why the influence of American Christianity on culture has disappeared, why drug use and promiscuity have exploded, why the Communists apparently "disappeared" in the 1980's, why it appears as if the current President is a traitor to this nation, you are not alone.

It was all planned in advance. There are agents all across America, both direct KGB operatives and millions of useful idiots brainwashed by KGB propaganda, ready to institute a Communist government in the USA.

We are currently in Crisis mode, the precursor to a violent change of power."

Understand.

Prepare.

Survive.

The Coming Attack.

http://www.thecomingattack.com

Paul's stuff sure looks Machiavellian to me...juxtapose the two and they look identical
HWHY
Offline Daniel  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 12:38:52 PM(UTC)
Daniel

VinceB. wrote:

Yet "James" and the Jerusalem council did not elect to do this.

I wonder why...
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline VinceB.  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 4:54:09 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Daniel wrote:

I wonder why...

You're right!

I can appreciate why they didn't become like what's common to all religious scams at the point of a sword.

James was living in family covenant relationship with Yahowah...as for me, I'm heading in that direction...frankly, I realize there's not much we can do about the Pauls of the world anymore than we can do anything with misguided religious people now (other than what they did then: expose it) - also dovetailing with the rhetorical question Yah asked in Jere 23:28 having to do with religious scams having nothing to do with His Towrah....we just keep speaking the truth and letting God deal with the Pauls.

I thought about what I said and posted it anyway; my bad when I thought not to post it saying that and my bad for posting it anyway.
HWHY
Offline FredSnell  
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:32:22 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Daniel wrote:

I wonder why...

I think Matt 5:44 answered that for us.
Offline VinceB.  
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:27:48 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

encounterHim wrote:
I think Matt 5:44 answered that for us.

That's only if you can trust that's what Yahowsha' really said.

As for me, I totally reject the N.T. other than being for historical reference to the fact Yahowah did come as His diminished corporeal manifestation is the only thing I get out of the N.T.

If I want to know about love, I look in Towrah; about pride, I read Towrah; about forgiving, I find it in Towrah.

Christians have to quote from Paul's stuff - that's all they know or understand.

Every sermon teaching preaching christians with their leaders do, regardless of how much they may preach/teach out of the Towrah, before then end their preaching/teaching, they must tie up all the loose ends by quoting Paul which, to me, makes void all that God ever said or did.
HWHY
Offline VinceB.  
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:02:56 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Perhaps I'm wanting to read into this, but I'm wondering how much of what Yah said in, for example Proverbs 25:21 regarding the enemy - which I ask myself: who's the enemy? Well, to me (perhaps I'm wanting to read into it here - forgive me if I am) my enemy would be those who are the enemy of Yah's Towrah...and the food and water in Proverbs 25:21 would be 'spiritual' food would it not? Would the giving of my enemy food and drink because they are hungry - or would it be my enemy (those who are against Towrah/Towrahless) who comes to me hungry for the truth in Towrah whom I give real food (what Towrah says) and real drink (what Towrah says)?

And as I ask this, I know there's also another example in which Elisha regarding Syrians - and after this act of doing go to the Syrian enemy that Syria no longer attacked Yisrael in 2King 6:20?

And I ask these questions in light of Matt 5:44 and whether what's recorded there is actually what Yahowsha' said and not what all the corruptions of man have since said He said rather than what He actually said since He'd be quoting from Towrah in all His responses?

And I'm also mindful of the fact Yahowsha' came on behalf of His family - those who'd avail themselves of His family covenant relationship in fulfillment of promises He'd made with Abraham...He certainly wasnt doing what He was doing as what Paul says - and would be the opposite of everything Paul ever spoke regarding 'love' and 'hate' and whatever else Paul had to say about anything. Paul always had a convenient answer for every single thing God ever said or did...damn Paul!
HWHY
Offline FredSnell  
#20 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:45:27 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

You know what Vince, it seems none of us ever have a problem quoting Matt 5:17,18 when we use it to show the Messiahs work is not yet fulfilled, but seldom when looking around, and seeing that quote so much,, do any bother quoting the 3 verses before it.
My knowledge is still light in such matters bro, but I know the covenant is a friendship none deserve ( I know I certainly don't). But our Father in His grandness of all matters proves to us all just what that friendship (Yahs Family) truely entails. After becoming friends and family with Abrahm, He does let him know what that will require, (before Torah.) You must leave all the junk behind you that man finds enticing. Now this is what sciptures says to me brother and you may differ but when I look to Moses and see Father this time, as like a Father would do in real life, demand you leave that crap behind bc if hinders our relationship. In a way scolding His family for not listening. And just like I was growing up in life, I disobeyed my on dad several times before I got the message, but unlike my dad, My Heavenly Father not only knew I'm weak, He provided me with a real life portrayal of what that sys will do to me by following Him.
As far as Paul goes, I ignore him for now. I have ppl trying to show me how he does use Torah, but I have too many questions about him that he is just a distraction for me right now.
Love ya brother! Keep questioning and you and i will grow together.
Offline VinceB.  
#21 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:21:16 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

encounterHim wrote:
You know what Vince, it seems none of us ever have a problem quoting Matt 5:17,18 when we use it to show the Messiahs work is not yet fulfilled, but seldom when looking around, and seeing that quote so much,, do any bother quoting the 3 verses before it.
My knowledge is still light in such matters bro, but I know the covenant is a friendship none deserve ( I know I certainly don't). But our Father in His grandness of all matters proves to us all just what that friendship (Yahs Family) truely entails. After becoming friends and family with Abrahm, He does let him know what that will require, (before Torah.) You must leave all the junk behind you that man finds enticing. Now this is what sciptures says to me brother and you may differ but when I look to Moses and see Father this time, as like a Father would do in real life, demand you leave that crap behind bc if hinders our relationship. In a way scolding His family for not listening. And just like I was growing up in life, I disobeyed my on dad several times before I got the message, but unlike my dad, My Heavenly Father not only knew I'm weak, He provided me with a real life portrayal of what that sys will do to me by following Him.
As far as Paul goes, I ignore him for now. I have ppl trying to show me how he does use Torah, but I have too many questions about him that he is just a distraction for me right now.
Love ya brother! Keep questioning and you and i will grow together.

That's right EH,

He came to 'fulfill' Towrah - the Shabbats and the 3 of the 7 Called-Apart Assemblies (co-equally fulfilling Shabuwa' with our Spiritual Mother), with the same promises made to Abraham, on behalf of His family, and His family in family covenant relationshp with Him, to fulfill the remaining 3, just as He had the previous 4 - and this we, for all times, can take this 'Word' to the bank as a done deal.

So it would stand to reason insofar as I can tell, that everyone Yahowsha' addressed He addressed in the context of those engaged to want to be a part of His family covenant relationship as delineated in the Towrah. Even when He answered the rabbinical questions His answers were directed at His family members (and His would be family members) and was for their benefit regardless of what the pharisees or sadducees had to say and/or how they react to anything He was saying or doing (except perhaps as a testimony against them) - all He did, He did for His family in keeping with His promises made to Abraham -- while the world outside does what the world outside without the Towrah (and the relationship detailed therein) always does: serve ba'al whether they know it or not; even whether they even care or not.

He did do all He did on behalf of His family covenant relationship -- Paul has Him saving the whole world based on grace through faith...what part of grace through faith has anything to do with the 6+1=7 (the six steps that leads to Sukah on the 7th (millennium) day?) Paul's got Yahowsha' doing what He did to save the world from their sins, not for His family in family covenant relationship...talk about black and white - it couldn't be made more clear to me.
HWHY
Offline VinceB.  
#22 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 2:33:13 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Can someone please answer me this direct question:

Apart from the historical bibliographical eye witness accounts of 1.) that Yahowah came as He'd promised, 2.) that Yahowsha', in His 3 years of ministry observed, affirmed, and fulfilled the Towrah according to "the 7 Feast Days" on behalf of His family - per His covenant agreement and promises made with Abraham - what purpose, after all this, does the N.T. writings even serve?

We know what Paul did with that info, how he made it into hay and fed it to his churches -- and clearly it worked, there's only about 1.5 billion 'fat' Pauline sheep running around, sticking their finger into Yah's eye with all their blasphemies and mocking God's real purposes for coming, which was on behalf of His family: His Called-Out Assemblies, the real sheep of God's pasture!

Paul's Christians are no more Yah's family than literal sheep are.

HWHY
Offline Matthew  
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 3:47:43 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

One thing that's starting to annoy me with the Messianic community is that all we ever hear about is Sabbath, Commandments, 7 Feasts (btw: all of them except for Trumpets and Atonement are illegal if observed outside of Jerusalem), not eating pork, pronouncing God's Name and being circumcised. I understand they contain the most important information in the Torah but those passages only comprise a small amount of the Torah, like 6 chapters.

It's very obvious grace (meaning unmerited favour in context) is the central theme of the sacrifice system, that of innocent blood being shed to atone for our guilt. Torah makes it very clear that we cannot buy God (Numbers 35:32), we cannot appease Him, we cannot enter His presence in our own righteousness. Only the shedding of innocent blood provides the way for us to be reconciled to a Righteous God. Who was sacrificed, the worshipper or the lamb? The answer is obvious. The whole Levitical system is a tutorial in grace. Even the law of debt release is a lesson in God's grace. The fact that no oil (God's Spirit) and frankincense (purity through sacrifice) was to be applied to the fine flour in the sin offering of Leviticus 5:11 (a person too poor to afford a lamb, female goat or two doves) is a stark reminder that purity through God's Spirit is only attained through Yahshua's blood sacrifice. There is only one way to God, and it is through Yahshua!

And saving the world? Was it not Yahushua who said He came to save the world? i.e. John 3:17, John 12:47. Therefore I cannot understand why someone would blast Paul for something Yahshua said first. Also, if one doesn't have God's grace, if one is not initially accepted by God by believing in His Son, believing in the One who offers the ultimate Sacrifice, then observing the Feasts, being circumcised and keeping the Commandments is irrelevant. There is only one doorway to God, and it's not circumcision of the flesh, it's the circumcision of the heart performed by God's Spirit. And the 7 Feasts explain this process in rich detail.

Did Yahshua come to call the righteous to repentance? No, He came to save/call sinners. The words of Paul in 1 Timothy 1:15 can be traced to Matthew 9:9-12:

Quote:
9 As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.
10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples.
11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Edited by user Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:53:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Matthew  
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:06:26 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

VinceB. wrote:
Can someone please answer me this direct question:

Apart from the historical bibliographical eye witness accounts of 1.) that Yahowah came as He'd promised, 2.) that Yahowsha', in His 3 years of ministry observed, affirmed, and fulfilled the Towrah according to "the 7 Feast Days" on behalf of His family - per His covenant agreement and promises made with Abraham - what purpose, after all this, does the N.T. writings even serve?

Either they are reliable or not.

If one says the Eye-Witness accounts, including Acts, are untrustworthy then that means one does not have a reliable record of Yahshua, therefore they cannot be used as evidence. If one does not have absolute reliable evidence, then an even greater leap of faith is required in order to believe Yahshua did what the Torah said He would accomplish. So basically, you guys who deny the Eye-Witness accounts as accurate records are taking a leap of faith. You are going backwards, not forwards!
Offline James  
#25 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 2:37:54 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Matthew wrote:
Either they are reliable or not.

If one says the Eye-Witness accounts, including Acts, are untrustworthy then that means one does not have a reliable record of Yahshua, therefore they cannot be used as evidence. If one does not have absolute reliable evidence, then an even greater leap of faith is required in order to believe Yahshua did what the Torah said He would accomplish. So basically, you guys who deny the Eye-Witness accounts as accurate records are taking a leap of faith. You are going backwards, not forwards!

I would say, not that they are untrustworthy, but rather that they are history and not Scripture, and therefor should be held to the standard of a historical account, and be given the weight of a historical account. It is clear from the evidence that they were never treated as Scripture, and the people who transmitted it to us did not view it as Scripture, which is why they felt free to tamper with the text, to clarify and harmonize the accounts.

Also I would disagree with it being a leap of faith to that Yahowsha did what the Torah said He would. If I study the Tanakh, and see time after time after time after time after time where Yah fulfills what he says he would, it is not faith for me to trust Him to fulfill everything else he has said he will fulfill. Since Yah has demonstrated time and time again that He is willing and capable of doing what He says He will do, it does not take faith, but rather reasoned trust. I have all the evidence necessary for me to trust that He did, and in addition I have a historical account, that it was done.

Offline FredSnell  
#26 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 4:01:55 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

This is where it gets a little scary for me bc I see everyones point. It's why I seek His face and His guidance bc I am lost out here and many are tugging (showing) this way or that way for me and I'm sure others feel this way also. I know man corrupted much of what we hold up as scripture, but even when I read you men and women on here whom I feel, have all ppls best interest at heart and only desire truth, sometimes even have questions still unanswered even for yourselves. I'm not confident anyone has all the answers yet and that's why I search out those I think are on the path. Is rightousness all that's required? Or is the calling for me to be meek and in that I will find the inheritance? How can one be meek when we have found so many lies that the rest of the world will not dis-inherit? And that's quite hard for me when ggod ppl continue throwing the pagan stuff they've ingested at me and hold all that up as holy in some way.
I spoke with Daniel on the phone for a brief moment a while back and he mentioned I should seek out others that I can physically sojourn with for a better understanding, but still, if all feel they have the right answers from scripture then how am I sure they are in fact true to the original? The T, P, and Psalms I know I can trust. The rest is where the scary part enters for me. Not scary in the way that truth fears investigating, but scary from what scripture itself says to me, is all I'm saying.
http://www.heaven.net.nz/answers/answer36.htm
Revelation 22:18-19
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Offline FredSnell  
#27 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 4:32:59 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

One last thing that I would requst from any and all here that have answers you feel are right through your, either leaning hebrew, or how to break it down through a concodance or that Logos program. Would it be too difficult for someone to do a step by step, say on YT, where and how you come to your conclusions.

I'm a monkey see, monkey do type. Show me how and then move over bc I might leave you behind. I know it sounds as if I'm asking you to do the hard work and in a way I am, bc I like many others are better at seeing with my eyes how it's done, than reading it and putting it in practice. I would like a brother or sister seeking like I to at least consider this as a helpful tool for us out here with little or no computer skills.

You wouldn't have to show your face. Just follow the steps outlined through what buttons I show you to push and after a few times, I for one wouldn't need anything more. I then would know through on the job training...lol. Just something a strong brother or sister might consider!
Shalom
Offline Yah Tselem  
#28 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 5:12:28 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Good conversation going here.
I'll not try to direct this at anyone but rather to just share my opinions.
no one who believes in Him will ever even meet Him, so for them it is a moot point. It is only those who take the time to get to know Him and trust Him... they are the ones who will figure out what it means to be part of His family. Yes, it was unmerited favor that He set apart a part of Himself and came to live amongst us and fulfilled the Spring feasts, just as He said He would in Scripture. I'm not here to defend Paul and I'm not here to bash Paul.. I'm here to learn the truth about Yah. It is clear to me that what James is saying is true.. Scripture is and always was and always will be what is seen in the T,P,P. The first century writings are not scripture, but they are important and I can still learn about Yah by learning about what happened through the opinions of some of the first century writers, and I can even get some insights from Yahowah through what was said through Yahowchanon. The reason it is not scripture is simply because we already had scripture and the scripture we had we were told by Yah and reinforced by Yahowsha that it was scripture and that it would be scripture forever. Did Yahowsha ever say for us to look to John, Paul or any other first century people? no, he said look to Towrah, he quoted Towrah.
The problem I see is when people teach that one must first believe in Yahowsha and that he died to save us.... No.... according to Yah, one must leave the ways of babylon, take the time get to know and trust Yahowah and that He said he would send Yahowsha to fullfill the spring feasts, and now we look back and see that indeed He did do just that... but not exactly to save us... why? because the point wasn't to save us, the point was to have a relationship with us. What happened at Golgotha was important, awesome, and even crucial.. but it's only part of the story, a story that started thousands of years before that, and if one only takes the time to know part of the story, then they are missing so much of the story.. but wait, they can get the rest of the story at the christmas sermon at church... no, no they can't.. they would need to look to the towrah to find out.. and in order to look to the towrah, they would need to ignore people that tell them that the towrah is obsolete, outdated, no longer relevant.
the vast majority of earthlings are lost, not because of unbelief, but rather because they simply don't know Yah. There are millions upon millions of souls who believe that "JC" died for them and they will be saved.. but the reason they won't be isn't because they don't know Him well enough, but rather that they don't know Him at all because they have been led astray by man, men who claim to speak for God, but when you read the towrah you find out the truth and then you're left with a choice.. follow man or follow Yah.
Offline VinceB.  
#29 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:00:19 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

For me the Feast of Seven Sevens, historically speaking, showing that 7X7s, plus a day after the Feast of Unleavened Bread Yah is shown observing, affirming, and fulfilling Shabuwa', speaks volumns to me (it wasn't done two weeks later, the following year: it was done 50 days as what the Family Covenant Relationship in the Towrah is shown depicting over and over again)...and historically speaking it is important for me to be able to look and see, that according to the records we have available to us, that Yahowah was doing His work on behalf of His family Yisrael based on His 6+1=7 formula during His first advent according and as is depicted in the creation accounts; as is depicted by Yisrael being drawn out of Egypt (with the corresponding date changes reflective of the 6 days of creation accounts) Exodus 12, Exodus 23:12 Ex 40 when setting up the Tabernacle in the wilderness.

It also helps me to understand that in Yah doing all He did on behalf of His Family Covenant Relationship with Yisrael historically speaking, during His first advent, how He shown observing, affirming and fulfilling Pesach celebration with His disciples the night before - just as what Yah's Towrah depicts during the month of abib) and still be seen the next day still observing, affirming, and fulfilling Pesach as Yah's Perfect Lamb followed immediately with Matsah....followed by First Fruits...all points me back to the Towrah and to the Family Covenant Relationship Yah established with Yisrael starting with Abraham.

(And I am ever mindful now, thanks to YY - and checking stuff with concordances interlinears, and lexicons - how Paul took this same information above and made it into a "CHURCH"...it's as if the only reason Yah said and did the things He said and did was so Paul could take hold of the information and make a church with it -- what the heck are you doing Paul??? is the first question that comes to my mind...)

And just as Yah did all His work of saving Yisrael via His 7 steps - so too throughout all these Feasts of Yahowah, He facilitates the means for the Gowym to participate and to be adopted into His family Yisrael....Paul's rejected all this, and has Yah doing this 'special' work to save the whole world, including inviting Yahowdym to come and be apart of it...Yah provides the way for us, the Gowym (the world to be apart of His family, adopted in) and Paul comes along and says "NO" we become a "CHURCH" (having nothing to do with what Yah did and said) and invites everyone to come the way he says we're to come that's the exact opposite of what Yah spent over 4000 years giving us the means to His house, and this He did regardless of what the Pauls of the world would come along and say about it - and this is forever!

I'm sorry, but only in that the N.T. shows Yahowsha' working the Towrah, as the Towrah depicts He'll do - and doing as what the Towrah says we're to do, do I find it useful...the fact Yah's shown speaking Hebrew, and when He walked the earth as Saviour, He's shown speaking Hebrew and Aramaic means a lot to me when I find out that the only manuscripts we have available to us come to us by way of the Greek language..I no longer see the N.T. as being trustworthy outside of being anything more/less than historical documents - but I still get a lot out of these documents as I wrote above.

I see it like this in a nutshell: Paul makes a left turn off all the material and/or information Yah gave us in the Hebrew vs. Yahowsha' went right back toward Abraham and the Family Covenant Relation Yahowah established with him in the Towrah...pretty black & white to me

HWHY
Offline James  
#30 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:38:58 AM(UTC)
James
Man

encounterHim wrote:
when I read you men and women on here whom I feel, have all ppls best interest at heart and only desire truth, sometimes even have questions still unanswered even for yourselves. I'm not confident anyone has all the answers yet and that's why I search out those I think are on the path.

This is the perfect mindset to have. No one here, or anywhere in earth, has all the answers, and if someone claims to my advice would be run away.

But the second part of this stamen is the most important. We all learn from each other, and as my dad used to say, I have never learned anything from someone that I always agree with. So when we have disagreements it is important to discuss them, and explain our positions and reasoning to each other. Personally I think it is better to explain our positions than it is to try to convince each other.
My advice to anyone is first seek Yah. Seek to know Yahowah, don’t worry about being saved, don’t worry about what you need to do, or shouldn’t do, but seek to know Him, and through knowing Him the rest will become clear. And the best place to start seeking Yah, is where Yahowah and Yahowsha told us to start, in the Towrah. Unless you observe the Towrah, and know the Towrah, nothing else will make sense.
encounterHim wrote:
One last thing that I would requst from any and all here that have answers you feel are right through your, either leaning Hebrew, or how to break it down through a concordance or that Logos program. Would it be too difficult for someone to do a step by step, say on YT, where and how you come to your conclusions.

I did a video walkthrough awhile back for another forum member, demonstrating how I use Logos. I will see if I can still find it, and send you a copy, if you are interested.

Offline FredSnell  
#31 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:03:16 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

I feel like tagim now. I wrote some really nice experiances I had today, but got tossed into cyber space I guess bc I'm like a chicken eating corn when typing. Took too long!

James, if you read this, yes, pls do. I would love someone to teach me how. I'll pm my address to you if you do happen to find it. Thanks and shalom!

Offline Matthew  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:54:03 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

James wrote:
encounterHim wrote:
when I read you men and women on here whom I feel, have all ppls best interest at heart and only desire truth, sometimes even have questions still unanswered even for yourselves. I'm not confident anyone has all the answers yet and that's why I search out those I think are on the path.

This is the perfect mindset to have. No one here, or anywhere in earth, has all the answers, and if someone claims to my advice would be run away.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.
Offline Richard  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:20:04 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
James wrote:
I did a video walkthrough awhile back for another forum member, demonstrating how I use Logos. I will see if I can still find it, and send you a copy, if you are interested.

I know that I would be interested in that, James, if you wouldn't mind sharing it with me as well.
Offline MARSE  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:41:55 PM(UTC)
MARSE

James,
Me too, would you share your video on using Logos - I purchased the DSS/Logos this spring. I took Yada's advise and started checking his translations and the first one I did was spot on.
I had been wanting to buy it when an unexpected bonus check was given to me by my supervisor . . . also, I started learning my hebrew ABG's when I was given access to Rosetta Stone to learn to speak hebrew. Dad just keeps on giving!

Rob
Offline James  
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:04:50 AM(UTC)
James
Man

As soon as I figure out what I did with the file I will upload it and share it.