logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Juski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2007 4:21:41 AM(UTC)
Juski

Just bought a fantastic book off amazon. Its called A family guide to the Biblical holidays, Ive onlty read about 100 pages but its ace. It explains everthing in simple language and is packed full of activities to do with the kids. I am going to try out some next sabbath. Its great to finally have some ideas as to what to do and how to explain the feasts to my little ones and is simple enough to photocopy for my church elders too - maybe it will help them get their head saround our crazy "jewishness"!

Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 6:12:48 AM(UTC)
Yada

With the Fall Miqra coming up later this month, I wondered how others the forum were planning to observe/celebrate them? What specific suggestions does the book that you purchased give?

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 8:37:08 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sadly the book doesnt really give any specifics about celebrating, but it does explain in simple language what the feasts are about, whet they mean for Jews and the Messianic links. Which I have found really helpful. Then it has activity sheets - wordsearches, colouring sheets, a few recipes, etc. but it really leaves any planning up to the individual.

I definitely need some ideas from others though, especially if you have anything for very small people (3 and 5). :)

Its Juski here by the way, not signed myself in again sorry
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...