logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Steve in PA  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 5:56:09 AM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Lev 23:15 ‘And from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, you shall count for yourselves: seven completed Sabbaths.

Lev 23:16 ‘Until the morrow after the seventh Sabbath you count fifty days, then you shall bring a new grain offering to יהוה.

I and some friends are looking to get together this coming Shavuot... We are looking to Yahuwah to give us clarity on the proper date/time. These verses in Leviticus seem to say...

The day after the wave offering count seven complete Sabbaths...
Then the day after those seven Sabbaths count fifty days.

Why do many if not most people count fifty days from the wave offering?
Leaving out the instruction to count seven complete Sabbaths first.

Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:50:35 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
eh Steve!,,my son and I are still laughing at your site, wonderful comedy there.
As far as I remember, adding an additional day, (and I'm not anyone you should heed) doesn't the one day at the end of a sabbath represent eternity?
quote:

Is this totalling 99 days?...hmm!

Offline Paula  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:59:40 AM(UTC)
Paula

I see this question has been answered:
http://forum.yadayahweh....st1287p6_YY-Letters.aspx

Edited by user Friday, February 11, 2011 9:47:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Steve in PA  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 4:45:32 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

sorry encounterHim...
It's kind of my fault. In addition to asking here, I emailed Yada with the same question.
James posted it in the thread YY leters
I'll post it here for you...

eh steve wrote:
Yada,

Greetings in the name of Yahuwah!
Please read the following and reply when you get a chance.
Toda!

S

Lev 23:15 ‘And from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, you shall count for yourselves: seven completed Sabbaths.

Lev 23:16 ‘Until the morrow after the seventh Sabbath you count fifty days, then you shall bring a new grain offering to יהוה.

I and some friends are looking to get together this coming Shavuot... We are looking to Yahuwah to give us clarity on the proper date/time. These verses in Leviticus seem to say...

Why do many if not most people count fifty days from the wave offering?
Leaving out the instruction to count seven complete Sabbaths first.

Yada wrote:
S,

Since I think God was deliberately trying to make it impossible for us to know the exact right days to celebrate His Feasts with any degree of certainty, I'm not the best person to ask. I have viewed the celebration of Seven Sabbaths as occurring 49 days from FirstFruits and 50 days from the Sabbath of Unleavened Bread.

My sense of all of this remains: it is vastly more important to understand what these days represent, and to rely upon them, than it is to do everything perfectly on the right day.

Yada
Offline Steve in PA  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 4:49:21 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

here is a part two follow up...

Yada,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not looking for an exact, perfect deciphering of His calendar with His set-apart days and feasts listed with 100% accuracy.
I am thinking however that we should be able to know a feast date within a much narrower window then fifty days discrepancy.

I do agree with your closing statement...
"My sense of all of this remains: it is vastly more important to understand what these days represent, and to rely upon them, than it is to do everything perfectly on the right day."

Your opening statement is a little troubling though...
"Since I think God was deliberately trying to make it impossible for us to know the exact right days to celebrate His Feasts with any degree of certainty"

Would you please expound on that thought. In the light of your often quoted translation of Psalm 19:7, I just don’t see how you could feel that way about us coming to a clearer understanding regarding His set-apart days and feasts. Why would He command us to do something and then baffle us with confusion?

I trust that when He establishes His millennium reign and kingdom we will be shown exactly how and when all things are to be done. Until then, I know that there will be many different camps, so to speak, on how and when to celebrate and observe His set-apart days and feasts.

May Yahuwah continue to bless you with His Life and Light!

Steve
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steve,

I tried to explain the first thought with the second. If a routine was easily established for the perfect time and ways to do something, people would do it without thinking. And the merit to observing the Miqra'ey is in thinking about them, rather than doing them. So, God would be foolish to make them easy to do.

Doing Passover perfectly won't save anyone, but understanding it sufficiently to rely upon what it represents, will save everyone.

Being shown the how and when of the Meetings isn't of great interest to me. I am far more interested in what they represent and understanding them more completely. But that will become clear when the Towrah is placed inside of us on the Day of Reconciliations in year 6000 Yah, just 22 years from now..

I am curious to know, however, without physical bodies, and without the ordinary flow of time, how and when will we observe the Meetings after the 1000 year Sabbath. Perhaps they will cease in their current form once this universe is destroyed, following the long Sabbath celebration. We know very little about the new universe, whose creation we will witness.

Yada

Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:41:44 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Than you, Steve and Yada. And pls, moderator, remove my earlier post if you will. I was having a tough day at work and in no mood for looking, and I apologize for my shortness. I'm in agreement with Yadas answer. We need to understand the whole of it, more than the how of it. Thanks agian!
Offline tagim  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:56:20 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Yeast! Get rid of it! Where? Out of the house? To the barn, the garage, off the property. Forever? Can you bring back the ten loaves of bread after Passover? Help.
Offline tagim  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:58:43 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Yeast! Get rid of it! Where? Out of the house? To the barn, the garage, off the property. Forever? Can you bring back the ten loaves of bread after Passover? Help.
Offline Daniel  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 10:12:53 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Out of the house.

(Here is my line of reasoning: If everybody got rid of all the yeast on their property, nobody would have any!)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 11:52:28 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
tagim wrote:

Well, here are the passages in question.

Exodus 12:15
"For seven days you are to eat bread made without yeast. On the first day remove the yeast from your houses, for whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh must be cut off from Israel."

Exodus 12:19
"For seven days no yeast is to be found in your houses. And anyone, whether foreigner or native-born, who eats anything with yeast in it must be cut off from the community of Israel."

Exodus 13:7
"Eat unleavened bread during those seven days; nothing with yeast in it is to be seen among you, nor shall any yeast be seen anywhere within your borders."

Deuteronomy 16:4
"Let no yeast be found in your possession in all your land for seven days. Do not let any of the meat you sacrifice on the evening of the first day remain until morning."
Offline Matthew  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 12:29:53 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

tagim, if you fly your yeast here to Brazil, to get your yeast out of your land, know that I'll just fly it back ;)

Thing is, we can't keep the feast as prescribed in Torah because verse 4 (of Deut 16) goes straight in the Passover sacrifice of the lamb that specifies it can only be performed in the place God chooses, in other words in Jerusalem.
Offline Matthew  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 1:17:07 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Matthew wrote:
tagim, if you fly your yeast here to Brazil, to get your yeast out of your land, know that I'll just fly it back ;)

Rookie mistake from me. The word in Deuteronomy 16:4 is gâbuwl, meaning border, boundary, territory so shouldn't really be translated as land/country.
Offline FredSnell  
#13 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 4:05:38 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Is the "yeast " in our lives the sin we see daily? Last yr I did throw out anything that had the yeast ingredient in it. This yr, more I read and experience, the more I'm inclined to believe it's relating to anything we view as sin.
Just a little story that I told to a friend the other day. Couple weeks back I was standing in my kitchen looking out the window into our back yard. Well last yr after all things pagan removed, including anything of yeast around Passover, I was getting into thinking of Passover and how I wanted to remember it this year.
Well looking out my window I noticed a tarp under the carport that's attached off to the side of the shop. Under the tarp is an embossed picture of what christians call the , Last Supper. I remember sticking it there last year. The tarp was ageing and tearing at what I see now as the, RIGHT spot where it started exposing this pic. I saw this and mentioned it to my wife about getting it into heavy trash pick up that most cities provide at the curb. Well a week later heavy trash is at the end of our block and I always have pallets that are of no good use except for bonfires. My wife hollers, "get it out there, they're coming."
I yell at my crew (sons) get anything out there not needed. In the mean time I'm jumping a few tarp strings that fasten around my carports holding tarps up like walls. I pounce into the area where the pagan pic is. I grab it out from under the tarp and start running back. As I get to these web of strings, I duck my head to clear the top one while catching the heel of my boot on the bottom one. I go flying into the air coming down hard on the cement patio on both knees and hitting my chin on the picture and breaking it. My one son, Josh is coming out of the shop at this moment seeing this display I put on. He immediately trys reaching down to help me back up, but I've already gathered myself and on my feet running for the curb. As I'm heading back, Josh is standing at the gate. He tells me, "let's see the knees and chin old man." You know, in that little time all this took place, I'd already forgotten about falling and hitting my chin. No marks no pain. I actually think now if that had been anything other than what it was, I'd been on that cement rubbing the knowledge bumps that I should had received that day from my clumsiness. Josh still will tell ppl there was no way he didn't feel that!...lol. Little he knows!