logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Richard  
#51 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 10:54:46 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Daniel, the I remember the first time I heard that joke. I laughed so hard I kicked a slat out of my cradle ...

:-P
Offline FredSnell  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:22:24 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So no matter how good a person is in their heart, no way eh?..Well I know for a fact JW's not only have what Daniel mentioned, as right. They also don't march off to war, they don't make false idols, they never celebrate mans holidays or salute his flags and they certainly feel they eat a diet that is better than what most eat. I've had family members take months out of their lives with their own families and head south or to Africa to help others with their own lives just so they can have a better place on Earth and would never ever poke fun at soneone elses truth they have found.
I'm getting the feeling even though I know most walk the walk, that somne of you think your shit no longer stinks. Sorry for the bluntness, but how can you be so certain as to YHWHs mindset. Is everything there in scripture that He thinks? How do you know this? Who's had a direct dealing with God besides just praying.
I've spoken with a fella on YT that goes by the name Quite Buck that has had oracle spheres appear to him in the night while he was at his computer trying to figure out just who God is. http://www.youtube.com/w...YLUs&feature=related
Try telling this guy about Paul and you'll get it back. He stands firm in Paul and does a good job at it. If you guys know for a fact you are saved above all others, pay him a visit on YT or his own site. http://quietbuck.com/
Offline FredSnell  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:28:43 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
1st link was yesterdays,,,sory!...Should have been...http://www.youtube.com/MinisterQuietBuck
Offline Daniel  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:02:01 AM(UTC)
Daniel

encounterHim wrote:
JW's not only have what Daniel mentioned, as right. They also don't march off to war, they don't make false idols, they never celebrate mans holidays or salute his flags...

I'll bet there are no flags with 50 pentagrams in a blue field inside any Kingdom Hall, either!
Do they sing "Onward Christian Soldiers"? (my guess is 'no')

Good stuff!

encounterHim wrote:
I'm getting the feeling even though I know most walk the walk, that somne of you think your shit no longer stinks. Sorry for the bluntness

As Mr. Spock once said: "Colloquially stated, Captain, but essentially correct."

We would do well to keep the arrogance that is so prevalent in christendom out of our communications.

My theology and worldview is much more accurate than it was 3 years ago, but I still have a loooooonnnng way to go.

I think that the blinders will really come off sometime in the autumn of 2033. Until then, I'll just do my best to try to sort out things with the resources available and whatever wisdom YHWH sends my way.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Daniel  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:10:28 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
Daniel, the I remember the first time I heard that joke. I laughed so hard I kicked a slat out of my cradle ...

That was your cradle that had a picture of the the current president (Millard Fillmore) on it, right?

;-)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline lassie1865  
#56 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2011 1:31:50 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I have been reading "Torah Class"; I am up to the beginning of Leviticus. I'm learning at lot! They mentioned that the sacrificial system did not address "intentional sin", only "unintentional sin" and our "fallen nature". If that is true, how did Dawid get forgiven? Has anyone written in to torahclass.com and asked?
Offline tagim  
#57 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2011 2:30:34 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

don't know. I have gotten no response on another question, had to to with Paul. Dan is local to them; maybe he will knock on their door.
Offline tagim  
#58 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2011 2:32:06 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Daniel, have you the answer?
Offline Richard  
#59 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2011 5:37:22 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
lassie1865 wrote:
I have been reading "Torah Class"; I am up to the beginning of Leviticus. I'm learning at lot! They mentioned that the sacrificial system did not address "intentional sin", only "unintentional sin" and our "fallen nature". If that is true, how did Dawid get forgiven? Has anyone written in to torahclass.com and asked?

It is true that the system of sacrifices for atonement targeted unintentional sins only. Intentional sin, aka rebellion, is another beast altogether. Dawid was forgiven because he called sin sin. He did not tell Yahowah, "I made a mistake. I admit that. Now I just want to put it behind me and move on." Instead, he howled out of the anguish of his heart, "Against You and You only I have committed this crime!" And he acknowledged that he was deserving of immediate separation from the Master when he pleaded, "Do not take Your Set-Apart Spirit from me!" His words and the posture of his heart as recorded in the Scripture reveal to us why Yahowah described him as "a man after My own heart." Dawid was brutally honest with himself and with his Maker. He was guilty and he knew it and he admitted it. In effect, he stood there before Yahowah naked and trembling, but he stood there and 'fessed up. And Yahowah forgave him. He lavished His unearned, unmerited favor on an admitted murderer and adulterer who had deliberately and with calculating cruelty misused his power as king of Yisrael.

"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life." That is written as a statement, not as an "I hope and pray" mantra. Dawid knew what he was talking about because he knew Who he was talking about. Hopefully, we can each wrestle ourselves into the same example of humility and obedience.

I have never even looked into PalTalk. What is it?

Shalom, y'all.

Richard