logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jpolley8714  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 7:39:26 AM(UTC)
jpolley8714
Man

Hello, Im new to this Forum, or atleast this is the first time Ive ever posted since joining a while back.
And while Im on a quest to better know and understand Yahweh, I dont know where to start.
Im afraid of errant Bible translations, and even more skeptical of the teachings from men, so where do you begin?
Ive just started reading Yada Yahweh, and while everything makes sense, I cant find the translations anywhere but there.
Ive also started reading more about the DSS and trying to understand them, but again, I find that men have translated portions knowingly wrong.
I guess Im just looking for a push in the right direction, any suggestions would be helpful.
I want to do the leg work myself, I just dont know where to start?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 8:07:36 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
There are many great tools out there for studying Yah's word. esword is good free source. Logos is a bit expensive, but worth the money. If you are not a computer person, you can build a physical library, by slowly buying Dictionaries, Lexicons, interlinears etc. The most important thing is have multiple sources, and don't trust just one. And i would suggest to start Ba'Reshiyth, In the Beginning.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 11:03:56 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Here are the actual links if you need them.

e-Sword (free)
The Word (free)
Logos (expensive)

I cannot afford the Logos material (dadgummit), but I find that both e-Sword and The Word both offer Hebrew and Greek lexicons free of charge, and I use them extensively. I agree with James and the others who exhort us to do our own digging into meanings and translations. Yada went all the way with this stuff: he dug down to the root words of what was written on the scrolls and worked his way back up the tree so that we could have the fullest possible understanding of what the Author meant. I appreciate that.

Hope this helps.

Richard
Offline tagim  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 12:03:09 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Thank you for the reference, Richard. I did get the e-Sword, and now I will get "The Word." BTW, did you receive my PM?
Offline jpolley8714  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 2:12:06 PM(UTC)
jpolley8714
Man

Thank you James and thank you Richard for the quick responses!
I have checked out Logos, but yes, very expensive.

I had not heard of the other two, so again, thank you very much for the links.

It appears Ive found the right place to encounter like minded people on the same journey as me.

Jason