logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ruchamah  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:19:41 PM(UTC)
Ruchamah

Heads up to all who enjoy going back to the BASICS of the Hebrew language:

A friend of mine, Jeff Benner has just released an E-Book, called LIVING WORDS.
I have read thru about half of it and it is a KEEPER!
I will enclose a small example of the book:

Perfect
I begin this study with a comparison of two people, Jacob and
Job.
And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning
hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain
man, dwelling in tents.
Genesis 25:27 (KJV)
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name
was Job; and that man was perfect and upright,
and one
Job 1:1 (KJV)

The Living Words ~ Volume 1
From these two verses, we could conclude that Jacob was plain,
just an ordinary person, nothing special, but Job, on the other
hand, was rather extraordinary as he was “perfect.” What you
might find interesting is the word “perfect” in Job 1:1 is a
translation of the Hebrew word Mt tam [H:8535] but so is the word
“plain” in Genesis 25:27. So why isn’t Jacob considered
“perfect” by the translations just as they did with Job? This is
another case of translators relying on the Greek Septuagint for
their translation rather than the Hebrew text itself. The Greek
uses the word amemptoj amemptos [G:273], meaning “blameless,”
for Job and the word aplouj haplous [G:573], meaning “simple,”
for Jacob.
The word Mt tam [H:8535] can be best defined as “mature in thought
and action” and is the parent root of the verb Mmt tamam [H:8552]
meaning to be whole, finished or completed. From this verb
comes the word Mymt tamiym [H:8549].
Thou shalt be perfect (tamiym) with the LORD thy
God.
Deuteronomy 18:13 (KJV)
Can one be perfect? From a Greek perspective, no, because
everyone has his faults, but in Hebraic thought there is no
concept of “perfect.” A better translation of the verse above is;
You will be complete (tamiym) with Yahweh your
Elohiym

The cost of the e-book is only 5.00 and he covers a TON of words! Well worth it!
Here is the link:THE LIVING WORDS

Enjoy and bon apetit!
Ruchamah
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Offline FF  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:34:55 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

Ruchamah,

Welcome to YY Forum.

After downloading “Living Words” and it was worth the five dollars.

I am very disappointed and saddened with the usage of LORD instead of the correct usage of Yahuweh or Yahweh in Jeff's new release. It is nice to see words amplified so the reader can better understand the meaning of Hebrew words...

BUT misusing scripture as translators have done especially the translation and not Transliteration of Yahuweh and Yahushua's personal and proper names is neither good nor expectable.

For thousands of years Rabbinical Hebrew and Latin and Greek and English scholarly editing has caused the called out or what some would call the church to not even know that Yahuweh told us His personal and proper name 7000 times in the OC and Yahushua's name 77 times.

I personally would rather read Yahuweh's name correctly placed in scripture just as he placed it there so I can get to know him, that learn the meanings of many Hebrew words that only lead me to the WRONG GOD OR LORD.. My USA money says in God we trust… But my question is which God is it. Because without identifying Yahuweh as the God whose family we are in is like leaving Brenner off of Jeff’s name. Which Jeff did all the work to produce the book Living Words??? There are lots of Jeff’s in the world but only ONE Jeff Brenner who spent many hours producing this work.

Please share with your friend Jeff Benner, thank you for his work and amplifications of Hebrew words but I would recommend he read Yada Yahweh and maybe it will cause him to reconsider the scribal errors of using other god’s names in place of Yahuweh. You can see a translation that has already done this in the E-Sword collection “The Scriptures” they are available for the excellent Bible program, e-Sword. This Bible program is available to download for free, Download The Scriptures for the e-Sword program from http://www.isr-messianic.org/.

I am sorry my comments sound critical but YAHUWEH really cares what we call him and it is the only way the world will know what God/LORD we serve. Other wise he would have said you can call me Fred or Ned or Ted but just do not call me late for dinner… that is not in scripture, but Yahuweh and Yahushua are……………. Lets us what is in scripture, that is the unaltered scriptures.

FF

Quoted posts below discuss excerpts form other post concerning this same issue that I have attached for more reference about the Name of God Issue. I know we who once called ourselves Christians used to use these words LORD/MASTER/JESUS/CHRIST/CHRISTIAN/JEHOVAH/HOLY/SAINT/CHURCH/GOSPEL/CROSS/SAINT/EASTER SUNDY/CHRISTMAS ECT. Before we knew better, but now that we know better, seldom do they slip past our lips.

Quote:
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 5:53:12 AM

There is considerable evidence that significant portions of the RC were written Hebrew, but since both Jewish Rabbis and pagan Romans made it a capital offense to possess these manuscripts, and burned all they found, we don’t have copies of them. That said, there wouldn’t have been very many anyway because by the first century CE, Hebrew was a dying language. Aramaic, Greek, and Latin were the prevailing tongues.

But that isn’t the issue here. There is nothing wrong with the RC being a translation of what was actually said, or of Greek being used rather than Hebrew—so long as you study the material from beginning to end, not in reverse order. And while there is an issue related to the religious community’s reliance on the Latin Vulgate for a thousand years, and with the current reliance on the Textus Receptus, these problems are as easily corrected as are the Masorete copyedits of the Old Covenant. We now have over a hundred first, second and third century BCE manuscripts of the OC and nearly that many first, second, and third century CE manuscripts of the RC. The truth is obtainable. There just isn’t the will to reveal it as it is detrimental to the religious community. Frankly, even if we got the underlying words right, the religious establishment would still copyedit Yahweh, substituting errant words and names like: Jesus, Christ, Lord, cross, holy, saint, Jehovah, Jew, Judah, church, gospel, bible, testament, angel, etc.

Greek was the best choice for the RC. It was the language of enlightenment. It effectively communicated to the most people. And it’s a nice complement to the more spiritual nature of Hebrew. The problem only arises when definitions are derived from the Greek RC without regard for the Hebrew OC. So long as you compare the RC citations of OC passages to the originals, the meaning is clear. The simple truth is that the RC cannot be understood outside of its OC foundation and structure. And yet that is exactly what the church has done. In the forth century CE, the emerging Catholic Church made it illegal, and punishable by execution, to observe any Torah mandate. The Church has been at war with the OC ever since. As a result, Christianity is a religion without basis. And as a direct derivative, Yah’s message has been muddled.

In this dialog regarding “holy” versus “set apart,” the feminine nature of our Spiritual Mother has been neglected. Thanks for bringing it up. The support for this wonderful realization is ubiquitous in Scripture. It is therefore one of the most prevalent themes in Yada Yahweh. And there are few more glorious, nor neglected, concepts than Her Garment of Light.

YY

A posted conversation between Yada and YY Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:08:10 AM

It's still not completely right. You just shouldn't say that Yahuweh "cares less" about something He cares deeply about. He'd prefer to be called Yahuweh. That's the truth.

It's the meaning of Yahuweh and the meaning of Yahushua that explain God's nature and purpose. They connect the Old and Renewed Covenants. They destroy the myth of the Trinity. They explain who God is and how He revealed Himself to us, even how He saved us.

So, rather than speak for God, and attribute something to Him that is contrary to Scripture, why not approach this from a different perspective. Consider saying:

I'm representative of many people who, out of ignorance and indoctrination, approached Yahuweh (God) and Yahushua (the Messiah whom we errantly call "Jesus") before I knew God's name. Fortunately, He answered my call and saved me. But now that I know that Yahuweh is God's name, I'm not only compelled by the Word to use His one and only name, Yahuweh, but also to encourage others to do so. Yes, there is but one God, and God has but one name. Yahushua simply defines Yahuweh's mission as our Redeemer. It means: Yahuweh Saves. These aren't ordinary names; Yahuweh is God's name and Yahushua is the sole source of salvation.

Also, the Spirit isn't Holy. She (yes, She, as in our Spiritual Mother) is Set Apart. This is an extremely important concept to Yahuweh. Yahuwdym (those who belong to Yahuweh) are set apart and so are those in the ekklesia, or called out assembly. Yahushua is the most Set Apart. Further, it's the Word, properly translated, not so much the Spirit, which is responsible for teaching us Yahuweh's and Yahushua's name.

And while you may see this a nitpicking, Yahuweh doesn't want us to submit or surrender--only to choose, to know, to revere, to engage, to stand upright, to be at ease, to communicate, to be witnesses to the truth and to condemn lies. Consider Yahuweh's Word to be computer code. A small bug, or error, in the midst of great programming is still capable of mucking things up.

The remainder of what you wrote is very good. We've been given the opportunity to be Yahuweh's children so the least we can do is call our Father by the right name and then learn and communicate His Word.

What you are doing is very good and it is very important. You write very well and the site you've created is very well done. So, you can choose to ignore my uncompromising attitude toward the Word, press on and continue to serve. While Scripture teaches us to be uncompromising, most have trouble with the harshness that permeates this mandate and see it in conflict with our call to love. Yet I see being hostile to all forms of misrepresentation as being the most compassionate choice possible.

So, here is the bottom line: if you ask me for my opinion on how to communicate Yahuweh's truths, I will share it with you. It doesn't mean I'm right, but I have invested an enormous amount of time translating and amplifying Yahuweh's Word and in the process I've learned a great deal about what God actually revealed to us. And therefore, I'm compelled by the Spirit to share what Yahuweh has shared with me.

YY

Post from YY to FF Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:28:29 AM

The answer isn’t an easy one. In the Old Covenant we know that man replaced Yahweh with LORD 7000 times, but there are still other mentions of adon and adonay, which are translated “lord.” But when we look at the Dead Sea Scrolls, many of these vanish. Of those which remain, we have an option. The Hebrew only provides the consonant root of the word, so it could just as easily be edon, meaning “upright one or pillar of the tabernacle.” Every use of adon/edon, in proximity to Yahweh could be “upright one” and not “lord” in the OC.

The few places in which YY translates adon as “master” in connection to Yah, were written prior to discovering the edon answer and they have not yet been edited.

In the Renewed Covenant, kurios, translated “lord,” isn’t ever written out in relation to Yahushua in any of the first, second, or third century MSS. A placeholder is used, meaning that there was something about the Greek term which wasn’t appropriate or accurate. There are seven such placeholders which were universally used.

Moreover, Greek was a translation of what was actually said. Further, the Textus Receptus, upon which all English Bibles are based, has very little credibility, as it was based on late MSS and very poor scholarship. And, to add to this, kurios, in the form of a placeholder, could be referencing edon, and thus “the upright pillar.”

Yahweh wants us to know, understand, trust, rely upon, prioritize, respond to, and heed His Word. When we do these things, we are adopted into His family as His children. There is no “master, lord, or submit” in a loving family.

YY

Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 2:52:50 PM

There is no question that Yahuweh is God's name, His only name, and that He wants us to know it and use it. Yahuweh loves His name, and wants us to love it too.

Now, being God, Yahweh can choose to ignore the ignorance of the mind and listen to the passion of the heart. He can answer a summons, even if the person calls Him Howard. But, that is not His name and He'd prefer to be called Yahuweh. So once you know His name, it is your responsibility to use it and tell all who will listen to use it too.

At issue here is how wrong can a person be and still be right with God. Can they celebrate Easter and not Passover per Yahuweh's instructions, celebrate Christmas and not Tabernacles per Yahuweh's instructions, worship on Sunday rather than commune on the Sabbath per Yahuweh's instructions, refer to the Spirit as holy rather than Set Apart per Yahuweh's instructions, keep our Heavenly father nameless rather than call Him by His personal and proper name according to His instructions, ignore all of the Miqra in opposition to Yahuweh's instructions, change the Savior's name to Jesus Christ, rather than the Messiyah Yahushua, use the term cross rather than upright pole, gospel rather than beneficial message, church rather than called out, and still be summoning the true God rather than one man has made? How wrong can religious man be and still be in a right relationship with Yahuweh?

I don't know the answer to that question because we weren't told. And it doesn't matter. The truth is available and it matters. So it makes no sense to rely upon a man made myth and hope God cuts us some slack when the right path has been made clear. If we rely upon and trust the Word we will live forever in Yahuweh's presence. Those who corrupt and counterfeit Yahuweh's message, will endure eternal separation. Those who don't know Yahuweh, and don't lead others away from Him, will simply cease to exist.

But as for ignorance, God does not wink at it. Hosea 4:6 could not be clearer: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." Ignorance is "the lack of knowledge." It leads to destruction and death.

YY
FF
Offline Jim  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2007 7:57:23 PM(UTC)
Jim
Man

FF,
Don't throw Jeff under the bus for his use of "the Lord God" without completely evaluating the rest of his site. If you listen to any of his audio work, he always uses Yahuweh and Yahushua when speaking about them. He has done a lot of work in the direction that Yada has done comparing the DSS to Masoretic text and has come away with nearly identical conclusions without colaborating. I find that to be a very interesting and important fact. He also provides significant encouragement for believers to learn ancient hebrew for the value of undestanding the Scriptures. Unlike Yada, he takes an approach of introduction and education with a much narrower range focus. One might be very discouraged from visiting his site and learning more based on your comments. I say this to encourage you to be more constructive with criticism knowing that our work here is very important. I have valued your input on the forum and in no way wish to discourage you either.
Jim