logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Daniel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:30:25 PM(UTC)
Daniel

UserPostedImage

Pretty good movie, and a good discussion starter.

Quote:
Director Oren Jacoby's intriguing documentary examines the history of anti-Semitism in the Catholic Church (as exposed in James Carroll's controversial book Constantine's Sword) and the link between the U.S. military and the Christian right. From Constantine's reign in the fourth century to today's evangelical base at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo., Jacoby's film offers a provocative look at the roots of holy war.

Of course this film doesn't tell the whole story, but it could get followers of Pauline Christianity to start thinking.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Royce  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 6:14:21 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

I will have to check it. Thanks
Offline Daniel  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:40:43 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Be sure not to miss the "where are they now" segment, just before the credits. It is priceless!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline Richard  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:55:06 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Daniel, I have to tell you that I consider your avatar to be inappropriate for a forum serving the Prince of Peace. Surely there is more to you than your stand on gun owvership and usage. Please consider changing your avatar. Thanks, bro.
Offline Daniel  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:14:55 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
Daniel, I have to tell you that I consider your avatar to be inappropriate for a forum serving the Prince of Peace.

You mean This Guy?:
Luke wrote:
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
Luke 22:36 (from the Not Inspired Version)I think I've got you, there, Brother! ;-)

flintface wrote:
Surely there is more to you than your stand on gun owvership and usage.

No, not really! ;-) It is my profession. I teach (mostly) women effective self-defense techniques. (See note at bottom of this posting.)

flintface wrote:
Please consider changing your avatar. Thanks, bro.

It is American Sign Language. The literal translation is "No".

The amplified translation, in context is: "Why, yes, officer, constable, deputy, sturmtrooper, there is a family, congregation, assembly of Jews, Yahoddy, Yahudum, hiding in my basement, back room, garden shed, garage, and NO you may not take them away, put them on train cars, send them to the gas chamber..."

It is all part of how I attempt to keep Torah. I do not have to ask the rabbi if it is okay to lie to the Nazi's about hiding people they are looking for. No need to lie at all. I will tell them the truth, then give them a lesson on my view of the trinity. (The trinity I am talking about is Me, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson.)

Your suggestion to change my avatar has been considered, and rejected. (I'm going to follow Torah and the words in red.) I hope that my response has not offended you, Brother.

For "sign language" lessons and/or information on how you, too, can form your own 'trinity' (the kind mentioned above!) visit my website: http://ourSafeHome.net. (Yes, we are JPFO.org members, too. Look us up on their business directory and see if you can spot the inside joke.)
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline In His Name  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:11:44 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Daniel,

I am not an officer, constable, deputy, storm trooper or even a NAZI; and yet every time I come upon your posts I am confronted with YOU pointing a gun at ME.

I have no aversion to guns, to your line of work or self defense. But I do not appreciate having to look down the barrel of your gun even if it is just a picture.

This is the third voice asking you to change your avatar, I would appreciate your giving it some more consideration.

Thanks
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Daniel  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:53:05 AM(UTC)
Daniel

In His Name wrote:

This is the third voice asking you to change your avatar, I would appreciate your giving it some more consideration.

Third? By my count, you are the second, but, hey, who's counting? (Oh, wait, I am!)

;-)

This avatar picture is the same one I use on a couple of other forums I participate on. (TheHighRoad.org, grrn.org, etc.)

Are you saying that I should appear one way for some people and another way for a different group of people?

At best, that would be inconsistent, at worst, hypocritical.

On the other hand, I could play the PC card and whine about how flintface's avatar hurts my feelings because it makes me think that he is in favor of animal cruelty. How? His avatar depicts a cowboy hat, which means that if he were to ride a horse, it would be with a "western" saddle. Western saddles put the weight of the rider too far aft on the poor beast's back, causing spine problems and making the horse work much harder than necessary to carry the rider. A "forward" or "hunt" seat rig is much better for the horse (and the rider!)

Or I could just say to myself, "Oh that is just good ol' flintface, ain't he a hoot?"

WWYD?
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline In His Name  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:43:32 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Daniel,

Thank You!

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Richard  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:45:09 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Daniel,

No, you haven't offended me. I was a U.S. Marine back in the Viet Nam era; I can handle a little disagreement. :)

Have you considered the possibility - though it may be a reach - that Yahushua may just have been looking down through history when He commanded us to buy a sword because He knew that we would have to pay for a copy of the Scriptures, aka the Sword of the Spirit?

Or how Dawid was rejected as the builder of Yahuwah's temple because he was "a bloody man"? All his kills - with the exception of the murder of Urriah the Hittite - were done in Yahuwah's Name, yet he was still counted unworthy when it came to the building of the Father's House because he had shed man's blood. Why?

When some of the twelve asked Yahushua if He wanted them to call down fire from Heaven to destroy the inhabitants of a town that publicly refused Him entry into their city, He rebuked them, telling them that they were not even aware of what spirit lay behind their murderous thoughts. Why, Daniel?

Then there are the commands to love our enemies, to pray for them who despitefully use us, to do good to them who hate us, etc. And there is the example of EliYah, who told the Israelites to feed their enemies and send them home in peace. Why?

Our Heavenly Father makes His sun to shine on the good and on the evil, and He send His rains to the just and to the unjust. All His ways are peace. "Happy are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of Yahuwah." Why?

The armies of Israel had a temporary commandment to purge the Promised Land of its pagan inhabitants. They largely disobeyed Yahuwah and have suffered continually since. But that was it, Daniel. That part of the Torah is completely inapplicable to us today, physically speaking. His command to purge our lives and homes of idols, of anything which would draw us away from Him, stands firm forever; not so His command to go out and kill others. So, in preparing others to become competent killers, are you not blessing violence? Are you not shouting from the rooftops that you do not trust Yahuwah to provide safety for you?

"When a man's ways please Yahuwah, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." (Proverbs 16:7)

"Safety is from Yahuwah." (Proverbs 21:31b)

I would suggest to you, my brother, that your insistence to bear arms and to kill others is the result of fear based upon disbelief of the Scriptures. Let me explain that potentially inflammatory declaration. Yahushua testified to Pilate that he would have no power over Him at all except that it was given to him by Yahuwah. Yahushua understood that Yahuwah is in control all the time, even when a vastly superior force comes against us. We do not need the things of man to accomplish the will of Yahuwah, nor has He authorized us to kill others to keep them from obeying their own father just because we happen to be their target.

For example, when Kepha hacked off the ear of the high priest's servant, did Yahushua give him a high five and holler, "Oh, yeah, man! That's what I'm talkin' about!" Hardly. No, He rebuked Kepha and healed the damage caused by Kepha's reckless disobedience and lapse of trust.

Please do not respond with silly questions that begin with, "Well, what about" and "So you're saying". I won't even go there. The Scriptural stand is for peace, and it is against violence. "Do not resist an evil man," Yahushua commands us. Those who contradict Him, including you, Daniel, are just wrong. Therefore I urge you to reconsider again the motive which drives you, brother.

I will not allow a matter such as this to drive a wedge between us. There are few enough of us as it is. But I am troubled, just so you know.

Peace, health, and joy, my brother.

Richard