logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Richard  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 5:12:35 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I recently received the following email message from a friend:

Quote:

RICHARD, ROBERT ASKED ME TO LOOK AT THE LETTERS YOU SENT, AND FRANKLY I'M MORE CONFUSED THAN EVER. I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GETTING THESE NOTIONS FROM, BUT YOU SEEM TO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ IN THE BIBLE. IF THIS IS SO, ON WHAT DO YOU BASE YOUR BELIEF AND FAITH ? ACCORDING TO STRONG'S CONCORDANCE CRIST MEANS ANNOINTED. I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU GOT "DRUGGED" FROM.
WHO IS THIS YadaE CHARACTER, AND WHAT ARE HIS CREDENTIALS ? I DON'T MEAN TO SOUND SARCASTIC, BUT YOU SEEM TO BE TANGLED UP IN SOME KIND OF CULT. BESIDES THINKING THAT ONE MUST USE YAHWEH AND YASHUA WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE ? AND WHY ? WHERE ARE YOU GETTING YOUR TRANSLATIONS FROM ? ON WHO'S AUTHORITY ?
ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THE HOLY SPIRIT "RUACH HACHODAESH" IS A WOMAN ? WE KNOW OF COURSE THAT BEING CREATED IN HIS IMAGE THERE MUST BE MALE AND FEMALE CHARACTERISTICS IN US ALL. ALL OUR ASPECTS ARE FROM HIM. GOOD AND EVIL ARE FROM HIM. ISAIAH 45:7 I FORM THE LIGHT, AND CREATE DARKNESS: I MAKE PEACE, AND CREATE EVIL: I YEHHOVAW (#3068) DO ALL THESE THINGS. PROVERBS 16:4, PSALM 17:49, AMOS 3:6, DEUTERONOMY 32:39, 1 SAMUEL 16:14, PROVERBS 16:33, LEVITICUS 14:34, ISAIAH 54:16.
TRY USING THE BIBLE TO PROVE YOUR POINTS, NOT WEB PAGES. BYE THE BYE, I'M NOT SHOUTING, CAPS ARE EASIER FOR US OLDER FOLKS TO SEE.
I AM CONCERNED FOR YOU AND YOUR SOUL.

Below is my response, for which I would appreciate feedback from the assembly:

Quote:

Hi, nameremoved.

I am not a member of any religious organization, movement, or cult. Nor do I heedlessly subscribe to notions, theories, or teachings from anyone, regardless of their credentials. I do my homework. I take the time to study. I research references. After doing all that, I make up my own mind. I disagree with Yada on more than one point, as do several others who participate in the Yada Yahweh forums. He's cool with that. We would disagree with him whether he were cool with it or not, because we serve Yahushua, not Yada.

I have spent countless hours verifying and debunking what others write, nameremoved, because in the end I am responsible for what I have allowed myself to believe. Yahushua commanded us, "See to it that no man deceives you." I take that command just as seriously as all His others. Some people strive to learn all there is to know about a certain science or technology or sports team; I choose to invest my time and energy in getting to know my God. It is a matter of priorities, I suppose.

The work of Dr. James Strong, LL.D., S.T.D., is not the final authority on Hebrew and Greek translations, nameremoved. Dr. Strong was heavily influenced by traditional "church" teachings, which he proves by including "J" and "V" in the Hebrew sections of his best-known work. The letters and sounds of "J" and "V" did not exist in Hebrew. Period. The "V" is a rabbinic invention; "J" did not appear in any language prior to the 1500's. So using Dr. Strong's erroneous pronunciation and translation of YHWH (#3068) as the final word on the matter demonstrates to me that the one doing so has not done their own research. I treasure my copy of The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible because it is a valuable resource and tremendously helpful. Nevertheless, I realize it has its shortcomings, so I supplement my studies with other resources, such as The Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon and various resources from the web. I purchased my own copy of the 10-volume set, The Anti-Nicene Fathers, as well as a copy of the complete works of Flavius Josephus, the Hebrew who was also a Roman historian in the first century. The resources are out there for everyone with Internet access. It is up to the individual to take the time to actually do the research for themselves.

I do not recognize nor place any value on the credentials of man, nameremoved. Yahuwah uses whomever He chooses, however He chooses, whenever He chooses. Moreover, yours is a common reaction: if you cant' refute the message, then attack the messenger. Politicians and their speech writers do it all the time. The Pharisees did it when they couldn't refute Yahushua's teachings ("From where did THIS man learn letters?!" "These people who do not know the Torah are cursed.") Do you want to know Mr. Winn's qualifications? Write to him and ask for them. Do you have a problem with something he has written? Do your homework and prove him wrong. If you cannot prove him wrong, then you ought to consider the very real possibility that he is correct. What you definitely do NOT want to do is take the easy way out and dismiss what he says just because you don't think him qualified to say it. He did his research; have you? He was willing to invest the time and energy to do the research; are you? That's the bottom line.

Regarding the Ruach ha Qodesh, or Holy Spirit, sis, let me point you to what one of the Yada Yahweh forum administrators wrote. Ken Powers, a forum administrator, frequently disagrees with Yada about things, but he is still a forum administrator because we are all brothers in Christ. KP writes:

Quote:
I'd say that it would be just as erroneous to think of the Ruach Qodesh as a "woman" as it is to think of Father Yahweh as a "man." But something's going on here. It is an undeniable fact that ruach is a feminine Hebrew noun. And going on my foundational premise that "God doesn't make stupid mistakes," it is incumbent upon us to figure out what He's trying to tell us.

I think we're thinking about this backward: any tendencies and strengths attributable to the sexes are a reflection of the way God made us, and not conversely---His attributes are not a reflection of ours. So Yahweh, who is One, has manifested "Himself" in both masculine and feminine roles in order to help us understand His nature. And "He" created us male and female so we might comprehend what the difference is. Some of us can't easily understand what's going on because we grew up in dysfunctional households. I, happily, did not---my father and mother created a "normal" home (note that I didn't say "average") in which traditional gender roles were assumed and fulfilled---much as they had been for much of the human race since the dawn of time. My father was the acknowledged authority in the home, though he and mom were never (that I could see) out of sync. He was the basic provider, though mom helped and contributed, and she was the conduit through which whatever dad brought home came into the lives of my brothers and me. Mom, in contrast, was the comforter, the consoler, the nurturer, the one who confronted me with my shortcomings. She helped with the homework. And she was the one who administered the spankings when they were necessary. Mom felt the pain when I was born, and she felt it again whenever I let dad down. She was, in short, into our lives in a very personal, intimate, hands-on way. Dad was there, but she was THERE, if you know what I mean. As far as I was concerned, they weren't really two separate people---they were the "corporation" that produced our family. They remained married and devoted for 52 years, and though he seemed to be in perfect health, dad only outlived mom by a year or two. I can't really think of one of my parents without thinking of the other.

That, in a way, is how I think Yahweh wants us to conceive of "Him"---not as our Father, but as our Parents. "He" does both masculine and feminine things. But Yahweh isn't really "male," nor is His Spirit "female." These are merely teaching devices "He" has built into our world to teach us about His own nature. It's an eye-opener, however, to realize that Yahweh's human manifestation, the Son, Yahshua, actually is masculine---He extends and projects the authority of the "Father." (provided link to actual post)

In an earlier posting in the same thread, Ken addresses, among other things, the word "Christ". I've added my own emphasis (bolding and/or italics):

Quote:
William, if you knew how often I disagree with Yada (about little things) you'd blush to call me his "follower." I love the man and value his insight, but I'm far from being in lock step with his doctrine or interpretation---and he respects that, as long as I've done my homework. A glaring example is your insistence that "True Christianity" is not wrong. I agree with you, but the real point of contention is not the fact of the matter, but the symantics. Yada looks at the religion of Christianity, including all of the groups that claim the title, from Catholics and Orthodox splinter groups, to apostate Protestants to Mormons, to JWs to...well, you get the idea. And he notes (quite rightly) that there's something systemically wrong here. If you get it down to statistics, I'm sure you'd agree that as a percentage, what you'd label "true Christians" are a very very small part of the "religion" as a whole. Then he goes one step further (and this is where we disagree a bit) and says that "Christ" is not a legitimate word---that it's not a proper translation of "anointed one," never mind what the lexicons say, because the root from which it is derived (not the actual word Christos, but its root, chrisos) can mean "drugged" or "whitewashed." I remain unconvinced. Adding to the controversy is that "Christos" is a nomina sacra in all the pre-Constantinian manuscripts---it isn't actually spelled out [in the biblical texts]. Unlike Yada, I'm prepared to accept Christos at face value, and therefore don't have a problem calling real followers of Yahshua "Christians." But as I said, our differences are on fine points, nuances of symantic usage---not about fundamental doctrines. We each reserve the right to think for ourselves and listen to what the Holy Spirit (another designation Yada hates because "holy" is so often a misapplied and misunderstood word---which it is) tells us.

By the way, I attend a regular Bible (Yada hates that word, too---pagan roots) believing church (another symantic nightmare) at least twice a week, and teach home Bible studies as well, so please don't tell me I "no longer attend." As with everything else, you need to get your facts straight. The people I fellowship with don't know everything. Nor do I. But they love Yahweh and are eager to learn (unlike the fast preponderance of the religion of Christianity). That's good enough for me. [provided link to actual post]

Just so you know, nameremoved, that root word, chrisos, means drugged, whitewashed, smeared over, which is why christos is said to mean "anointed", or more literally, "smeared with oil". But it could just as well have meant "drugged", as Yada suggests. "Drugged" is just as valid a meaning of the root word as is "whitewashed" and "smeared over with". Ken Powers says that he remains unconvinced. I, on the other hand, am more than comfortable with Yada's assessment.

Do I believe in "the Bible"? No. Do I believe in what is written in the Torah, Prophets, and Writings, what you call the Old Testament? Yes. Do I believe the records of Matthew and John? Yes. Mark? Yes. Luke? Mostly, but I know he was a companion of Paul's, so I have my doubts. Do I accept the book of Revelation? Yes. The letters of the apostles? Yes. The letters attributed to Paul? No. The book of Acts? I'd have to say I'm undecided on that one. What you call "The Holy Bible" is a thrown-together collection of documents approved by a council of Roman Catholics; therefore, I do not accept it as being indisputably divine. There are documents within it that have been proven to be forgeries, such as the book of Galatians, and it lacks other documents which may have been inspired. In my opinion, no Roman Catholic is qualified to tell me anything about what belongs in the canon of scripture, for the very fact that they're a Roman Catholic tells me that they have rejected the Truth. Therefore, what could they possibly have to offer me? Absolutely nothing. "The Holy Bible" is a collection of documents approved by a council of the most powerful Roman Catholics several centuries ago, during the height of their power, and not all of its books were divinely inspired. That is an indisputable fact.

nameremoved, I hope I have answered your questions in a manner that satisfies your curiosity and adequately addresses you concerns for my soul. I remain,

Your brother and your friend,
Richard M. McCord
Offline Noach  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 5:24:47 AM(UTC)
Noach

Flintface,

Thanks for sharing. The response you recieved is the norm. I have listened to it countless times myself. Yada is absolutely correct when he says most people cannot and will not deal with the truth until they are ready to change their perspective. Its easier to throw up the defence sheilds and attack the messenger. Its a sad reality. I thought your response was appropriate.

Noah
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 8:18:42 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
That sounds great to me Richard. You were firm, and pointed out the facts, but you also weren't in your face about. Hopefully he/she will be inspired to actually study Yah's word, and perhaps even come to know Him better. Well done.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 10:48:24 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Well, hmmm. How can we tell that someone has not taken the time to even read what we've written to them? Here, I believe, is a perfect example:

Quote:

Dear Richard, I hope I wasn't harsh yesterday. I don't mean to be unkind, but I really am concerned about your attitude and views of the Word. I believe either YHVH is in control or not, there's no middle of the road. I believe he is, and so even if some of the authors made some mistakes, I believe the Bible is self explanatory, and if you read it all, it will make you aware of the true meaning (s).
You seem to be hung up on names for one thing, and your rejection of Paul the apostle worries me as well. Since he wrote a major part of the Bible (new covenant). I wonder how many of your thoughts and beliefs are based on the writings of Paul, without your realizing it. He writes a lot about right and wrong.
And he frequently refers to the OT. IMHO

Nothing in her response would encourage me to think she has read what I wrote. I am disappointed and not a little frustrated.

Richard
Offline john  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 1:43:30 PM(UTC)
john

As Yada continually says...a person must first have to unlearn everything they have been taught in the past before one can come to grasp the knowledge that is found in Yahuwah and Yahushua. It is so hard for Christianity to undo the simple "faith" thing and just believe. So, I would guess that, yes, she possibly did read but with the blinkers on, is firmly stuck in her ways. I would suggest you ask her to re read and keep re reading until she does look more deeply into it. Only then will the lights come on.
Offline Richard  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 3:02:45 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Thanks, John, and welcome to the YY forums. I appreciate the feedback, Noah, James. Have a happy Sabbath!

Richard
Offline Juski  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 8:59:34 PM(UTC)
Juski

Hi Flintface

We had exactly the same thing when we tried to talk to people -we gave our church leaders documents, scriptures, explanations and they just didn't listen. We even gave them a massive list of independent books and resources that back up what we were saying and they dismissed them because they had not heard of the authors (they were mainstream theological texts, many used by 1st year Bible college students!) What we found was religious leaders do not like to be challenged especially by people 30+ years their juniors. They felt threatened and I think out of control - they hadnt been asked such questions before and just did not know how to respond so instead of humbly saying they would look into it with us, they got angry, quoted Acts at us, and told us we were heading to a dangerous place. It was easier for them to get rid of us than deal with the issues we were raising.

People don't like been challenged its almost like a personal insult to them, so its understandable that they react the way your friend did. Some given time will start to think over things but most just hide from the situation. When I think back to all the changes we had to make once we started really studying you can see why people are resistant. Its not a comfortable journey. All you can you is tell them the facts and leave them to deal with them in whatever way they choose. Getting into debate is sadly usually pointless and frustrating.
Offline Richard  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 9:54:28 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Thank you, Juski. You're right about the proud, stiff-necked attitude of the clergy. They do not behave as though they want to actually obey the Son they claim to serve, for He said we are not to lord it over the people like those leaders who are in the world. Does not the Spirit teach us through the Proverbs, "Better is a wise young servant than an old king who will no longer receive instruction"?

And I'll tell you something else that just came to mind. Yahushua declared that the things which are esteemed by men, like credentials and high-sounding titles, are abominations with God. So we ought not to concern ourselves with those who insist on an impeccable list of credentials or other man-made qualifications.

Where there is an abundance of counselors, there is wisdom. Thus my appeal to this forum. I am much more at ease within myself now. Thank you all.

Richard
Offline James  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:38:37 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Richard I would simply send a reply that stated that she never addressed any of your points in a way that would make you rethink your position. I would then tell her that if she was that concerned with my soul, she would take the time to address my points, and attempt to explain to me why I am wrong.

I have found I get the best results with this type of approach. Because it then forces them to address your points. But always have Scripture to back up what you are saying, so when they quote something out of Galatians, you quote something from TPP, and force them to deal with either incorrect interpretation, ones right ones wrong, or an inconsistent god.

Offline Richard  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:47:42 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

That is sound advice, James. Thank you. Because the TPP (Torah, Psalms, and Prophets) was all the Scripture they had in the days of Yahushua and in the earliest days of His Called-Out Assembly, it makes good sense to know it well enough to counter the teachings of error.
Offline Daniel  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:34:25 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Juski wrote:

We had exactly the same thing when we tried to talk to people -we gave our church leaders documents, scriptures, explanations and they just didn't listen.

[snip-snip]

This has been my experience, too. I have received almost precisely the same responses from all the 'church people' that I have discussed this with.

To date, only a few have bothered to even take a look at this stuff. The rest are just 'clinging to the ol' rugged cross'.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Richard  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:21:19 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Wow. Thanks, everybody. I was starting to feel really lonesome out here on the old prairie of religion-rejection. My friend has now accused me of saying that almost the whole "Bible" is wrong, which I have never said, and that Dr. Strong was almost always wrong, another thing I have never said. I'm afraid I took off my gloves in my response to him. But since he admitted that he has not even bothered to read, much less research, what I write on my web site, I felt my response was called for.

*sigh*

I love you guys and ladies. Can't wait till we're all together with Dad and Brother.

Richard
Offline James  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 2:51:27 AM(UTC)
James
Man

At a point some people become a lost cause, it's sad and hard to determine, but it happens. Even Yahushua gave up on people.

Offline bigritchie  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:35:55 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

flintface wrote:
Wow. Thanks, everybody. I was starting to feel really lonesome out here on the old prairie of religion-rejection. My friend has now accused me of saying that almost the whole "Bible" is wrong, which I have never said, and that Dr. Strong was almost always wrong, another thing I have never said. I'm afraid I took off my gloves in my response to him. But since he admitted that he has not even bothered to read, much less research, what I write on my web site, I felt my response was called for.

*sigh*

I love you guys and ladies. Can't wait till we're all together with Dad and Brother.

Richard

I always chuckle to myself when people insinuate that "I" am the one who "rejects the Bible", when in reality they are the ones who reject everything and anything that Paul of Tarsus does not say. Or when they say "You are rejecting God's words", when in reality I am the one upholding what the Creator said and what the Messiah taught, and THEY are the one who rejects what the Creator said.

Hopefully the seeds you plant will take root though, I have had people who would not speak to me hardly for a year or so, and then call me up and say "Hey man I am sorry, you were 100% correct" after they went and researched things. So sometimes I try the ninja seed planter approach hehe.
Offline Rohn  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:21:52 PM(UTC)
Rohn

But as for me and my house,
we will serve Yahuwah and His Son, Yahushua,
with joy and integrity, in spirit and in truth.

Now that is just right!

It hearted me to read your post. I honestly cannot see how much more you or anyone can do in these situations. Especially if you dont see them often. I really thought James had a good outlook, when your involved in honest debate. Another response was keep on doing it. I am reminded of that saying, You can lead a man to water(or a woman) but you cant make them drink.
When I reread what was written, it sounds like namesremoved was a bit shellshocked. Like when someone very close is in trouble. In our happiness to share our good news, when it falls on normal church going ears where much of this is never really discussed or gone into with any depth. It can be "what has he gotten into". I say this because the writer seems to have taken several topics and rolled them together, yet in the tone... sounds like they think you are visiting "sweat lodges" with crazy gurus driving rolls royces. For some, a worst fear for a loved one to get mixed up with.
Maybe speaking to one area and as James said have your back up. Only go so deep until you see that this person wants to speak further. Hope I am not off base by saying that.

For me personally, I say don't let this get you down. The posts you have taken time to write in this forum have been a big boost to me on many a day. Being from the pacific nw is an added plus.
Offline Richard  
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:20:39 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Thank you for the encouragement, Rohn. You, too, BR.

Well, the sage has turned downright ugly. The man has sent me an email in which he threatens to curse me "in the name of the LORD". I had earlier told him that I wasn't interrested in playing "Who can pee higher on the wall" with him, so he ended his email with,"I mean it Richard, you better start pissing up that wall ." It was an ugly, ugly email.

Therefore, I believe I shall follow my wife's suggestion that I stop communicating with the man. He has obviously gone over the edge.

May Yahuwah be pleased to forgive him and to make him recognize and understand the truth. Father, bless him for Your Son's Name's sake and for Your own Name's sake. Let the truth conquer every lie in this situation. Send forth Your Word and heal RobertMV.

Thanks for the support, y'all.
Offline bigritchie  
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:01:34 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

flintface wrote:
Thank you for the encouragement, Rohn. You, too, BR.

Well, the sage has turned downright ugly. The man has sent me an email in which he threatens to curse me "in the name of the LORD". I had earlier told him that I wasn't interrested in playing "Who can pee higher on the wall" with him, so he ended his email with,"I mean it Richard, you better start pissing up that wall ." It was an ugly, ugly email.

Therefore, I believe I shall follow my wife's suggestion that I stop communicating with the man. He has obviously gone over the edge.

May Yahuwah be pleased to forgive him and to make him recognize and understand the truth. Father, bless him for Your Son's Name's sake and for Your own Name's sake. Let the truth conquer every lie in this situation. Send forth Your Word and heal RobertMV.

Thanks for the support, y'all.

Amazing how irate christians get when you dare suggest they obey "Jesus"................

Always the exact same argument with most of them too.

I did get a good chuckle out of the "Curse you in the name of the LORD" part..........sorry not to make light of your situation, just laughing at all the crazy conversations I have had with people over the years.

Offline Noel  
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 12:55:22 AM(UTC)
Noel

I have just read the entire page, starting with Richard's letter and then following all the comments and encouragements from all you good folks.

My wife and I (and our family) are in the UK, which has become probably one of the most pagan societies within the ever expanding European Union, and the BBC and other major media are mouthpieces for a tsunami of celebration of religious and cultural diversity which has as one of it's tools to rubbish and reduce whatever specks of truth still existed in the much perverted religion of 'christianity' .

When I discovered I was in Babylon, I came out (kicking and screaming a bit) using in reply to Yada many of the arguments I now see with hindsight to have been exactly the same as those discussed here. He and Yowel were firm with me and yet honest, and it was only that I had the fortunate position of (due to a move of house into a different area) NOT actually being in a established christian fellowship that I managed to shut the door on 30 years of semi false religion, start doing my own research and then finding out that much of what I had suspected over the years was true, and that the majority of it is false and perverted.

Having come out of Anglicanism, we thought we had really found the truth when for a couple of years we got involved with at Calvary Chapel start up in York, England (about the only thing which remotely resembled the truth, or so it appeared ),only to discover after some time that in their system although they refer to them as 'pastors' they are really priests, and that behind the whole charade, despite nobody taking a salary directly, there is an enormous international money collecting system in force which to date in this case owns a whole street of houses in York, and has Calvary Chapel dignitaries flying all round the world in different directions planting 'churches.' Some times I think that Yahuwah must at least be a stockholder in some airline. Nice work if you can get it!

So after reading YY I decided to write down in a super abridged form amounting to about six pages, and sent it to a lot of christians we had known, pointing out some of the pagan roots of christianity and also the incorrect names, as well as a challenge to either correct me or at least give me a studied response.

ZILCH.

Apart from one person who took me to pieces on some of the etymology, and who was a word expert, I had virtually no response. Another person who was a pastor (unpaid) but who sold DVD's of his talks etc, told me I was in a Cult. He told me I was into 'very dangerous stuff'. He told me I had the 'trinity' wrong.He told me I was behaving like a 'gnostic'. He told me I was intellectualizing the 'gospel'. He could not be bothered to read the stuff I sent him direct from YY. Being a pastor, he clearly knew better, and being a pastor, he did what all pastors do to their sheep when they get lost, he just abandoned me after a relationship of over 25 years to let me go my own way without trying to save me out of this evil cult, having not even taken the time to read the evidence.

So here we are. Sitting alone. We are just learning and trying to develop our relationship with Yahuwah, and observing his appointed feasts, and turning our backs on our entire British pagan based culture. It is very difficult and we appear to be entirely alone, although we are not in fact alone.

The point of saying all of this is that I see the response that we have had, which is so much the same as that described by all you writers above, as a sort of unequivocal confirmation that most, if not all, of the basics of YY's exposure of false religion, is not only true, but horrifyingly worse than even we suspected when we set out on this journey.

Thank you Richard, and Flintface, and James and everybody for taking the time to record all of this. We shall meet, eventually, but in the meantime keep this site going.

Noel

Offline Richard  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 7:23:20 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Thank you, Noel, for sharing your experience with us.

I feel more alone than ever now, because my mother-in-law is bent on getting my now-invalid wife back "home" to Texas to rehabilitate her physically and spiritually, for she is convinced that I have brainwashed her baby with lies and have somehow voodooed her into a cult. She can't and won't succeed in her efforts, but it distresses me to be thought of in such a horrible way.

I am so discouraged I can't put it into words. I told my wife the other day, "I am just give-up-fall-down-and-die tired." There is more going on than I have shared here, but being considered a member of a satanic cult is certainly a major contributing factor. And I don't know that my own web site is helping anybody because only one brother has ever bothered to write me about it.

Not your problem, brother Noel, just sharing (i.e., whining, kicking, and screaming).

May Yahuwah bless you and yours, and may we all continue to find shelter in His Name.

Richard
Offline lassie1865  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 9:13:16 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Flintface,

I read your website! I am so grateful for having found YY and this forum, I am reading it every day, though I don't post that often. I have been attending a scripture study class with my long time friend; we are reading "How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth" by Gordon Fee." I feel that I have the responsibility to share what I have been learning at YY; i.e., I just ask pertinent questions, or point out a thing or two. So far, so good. The leader is young, and seems flexible. I shared my feelings about not having a Christmas tree, and he said, "Stick to your conscience."

I have a question about Jeremiah 31:31-33: God says "I was a husband (ba'al) to them" I was surprised that "ba'al" was translated as "husband"; I checked it out on byblos.com lexicon; any thoughts?
Offline bigritchie  
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 9:33:29 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

I used to get really mad when people would call me a Judaizer or Cult member. Now I just laugh at them.

I will say something like "Yes I am a Judaizer (While placing my pinky to the corner of my mouth and laughing) and soon I will trick all you christians into obeying Jesus wahahaha"

or "yes I am in the Obey Jesus Cult!"

Here are some of the typical conversations

Them "You are a SATANIST and you are trying to trick me"

Me "uh......so let me get this straight, you think Satan is trying to trick you into obeying Jesus"?

Them "You are attacking the word of God!"

me "uh...actually sir, YOU are attacking the words of God and ignoring everything he said in favor of the christian god Paul"

Them "You are going to HELL"

Me "Uh actually sir, Jesus says people who are without the Torah and negators of the Torah are going to HELL"

Them "You are a heretic"

me "Why thank you!"

Them "God knows my heart"

me "yes he knows you refuse to obey him"

Them "How dare you use Y'shua instead of the name above every name Jesus, you are a CULT MEMBER"

me "So let me get this straight, I am bad because I use his real name, but you are good because you use a fake made up name"?

(You have to admit it is hilarious that people think you are in a cult when you use a persons real name, generally at this point when they use my real name I will say "How dare you use my real name cult member!")

Them "I am more full of the Holy Spirit then you, therefor I am correct"

me "Awesome, lets get you down to the local hospital so you can heal some people and we will film it and post in on the internet!" (never had a christian take me up on that one before)

Them "This is the great falling away Paul spoke about, and you have fallen under the Great deception"

me "uh...so you think the great deception is Satan tricking people into obeying God and Jesus"? (Then I remind them the Creator said the Gentiles would cry out in repentance in the last days and Y'shua called his people out of Babylon....that gets them real mad in the face"

It really pretty funny the things that come out of people's mouth (were it not so sad). I have found that in almost every case their own words condemn them, or they are doing exactly what they are attacking me of doing aka "Your attacking God's word".

Keep in mind though, it is not about the 99i religious nuts who attack you, it is about that 1 person whose life you will change forever.
Offline Richard  
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 12:24:38 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

lassie1865 wrote:
I have a question about Jeremiah 31:31-33: God says "I was a husband (ba'al) to them" I was surprised that "ba'al" was translated as "husband"; I checked it out on byblos.com lexicon; any thoughts?

First, thank you for the encouragement.

According to The Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon, that Hebrew word means "master, owner". They say that its Aramaic equivalent meant "commander". It was apparently common for a wife to consider her husband to be her master (e.g., Sarah called Abraham, "Master"), so the passage in Jeremiah 31 seems to have been appropriately translated. That is, Yahuwah had behaved Himself as every good husband/property owner would: He protected His property and provided for its needs, whether that property was human, animal, or inantimate. Because He had made a marriage covenant with the nation of Yisrael, translating the Hebrew into "husband" makes a lot of sense. Had there been no covenant, then using the word "husband" might not have been as accurate. There was a covenant, though, so "husband" is fitting.

Hope this helps.

Richard
Offline Richard  
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 10:51:28 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

bigritchie wrote:
Keep in mind though, it is not about the 99i religious nuts who attack you, it is about that 1 person whose life you will change forever.

That is timely and excellent counsel. Thanks, BR.
Offline Noel  
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 11:10:50 PM(UTC)
Noel

Richard

I do not think there is such a thing as a cult which does not have a leader, and with no money involved, and which does not have a set of writings of some sort which claim to be inspired. I may be wrong, but I would like to know if such a thing exists.

Christianity fulfills the description of a cult far better than anything that you or I are doing.

I know it's easy to say from afar with any meaning, but don't be discouraged. We have asked Yahuwah to help you today from the UK.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence comes my help. My help cometh from Yahuwah who has made heaven and earth.

Those who seek, consult with, follow , and rely on Yahwuwah radiate his brilliant and clear light. Their consciences will live for ever. Ps 22 26

May Yahuwah bless you in some way today, Richard.

Noel
Offline tagim  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 7:42:50 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Flintface,
I, too, have read your site, go to it almost daily, as I do here. I want you to know I use your messages here and at your site for daily guidance on how to handle life's situations. I, also, have much family discord as a result of leaving the establishment. One of my sons is a pastor in Los Angeles, and now he and my daughter in Arizona do not communicate with me. However, another son is now reading YY and listening to the tapes of the radio shows. From your words and others here, I am taking your tip toe advice and believe 100 lost to one gained is good results. If not for the solid support and conviction I see presented here daily, it would be too difficult for me to face my own convictions.

I would trade all my worldly possessions (except my wife) for the knowledge of scripture you and the many others here display, along with Yada and KP. Because of you, this site, the forum, I have found the peace and satisfaction the billions seek but cannot find. Finding the scriptures so late in life makes me feel I have so much to learn, but knowing I am at long last treating my new found gem with the respect it deserves is the height of my happiness. I do feel your pain, but please know how happy you have made me, every day. I hope one day to be able to contribute some wisdom here, because I owe so much, the life you have given me. Thank you.
Offline Noel  
#26 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 8:21:17 AM(UTC)
Noel

Tagim

What a lovely thing to say to Richard. And today I asked Yahuwah to bless Richard in some way. Your post is clearly the answer to that too.

Noel
Offline Daniel  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:43:32 AM(UTC)
Daniel

bigritchie wrote:
I used to get really mad when people would call me a Judaizer or Cult member. Now I just laugh at them.
[snip-snip-snip]

Good stuff, BR!

One of the 3 people that I have been able to 'trick into obeying Jesus' pointed out that our christian friends say that we should not 'read this kind of stuff, because it is cultic and dangerous', asked 'Now WHO is in a cult?'
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline Richard  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:38:55 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Noel, Tagim, BigRitchie, and everyone else who has encouraged me with words and prayers:

You cannot possibly know what a blessing you have been to me. Perhaps we shall get the opportunity and privilege to meet up in this world, but if not, I want each of you to know that I will definitely look for you while we're waiting to be given one or more nations to rule as His governors. I'll be the one who looks like a doe caught in the headlights ...

Richard
Offline bigritchie  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:06:28 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

flintface wrote:
Noel, Tagim, BigRitchie, and everyone else who has encouraged me with words and prayers:

You cannot possibly know what a blessing you have been to me. Perhaps we shall get the opportunity and privilege to meet up in this world, but if not, I want each of you to know that I will definitely look for you while we're waiting to be given one or more nations to rule as His governors. I'll be the one who looks like a doe caught in the headlights ...

Richard

Support is all part of being in our "Obey Jesus" cult flint!

(I vote we do not wear robes, but blue snuggies)
Offline Daniel  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 3:27:51 AM(UTC)
Daniel

bigritchie wrote:
Support is all part of being in our "Obey Jesus" cult flint!
(I vote we do not wear robes, but blue snuggies)

What about shoes?

Sandals or Reebox?
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline Richard  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 3:41:46 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Daniel wrote:
What about shoes?

Sandals or Reebox?

Brother Daniel, have you not a pair of Genuine Jesus Sandals? They were all the rage back in the 70's. Genuine Jesus Sandals and Blue Snuggies by all means! It's what every Fashionable Fanatic will be wearing this season!

(Where's my air sickness bag when I need it?)
Offline bigritchie  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 4:22:37 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

Clearly we should wear nice warm house shoes to go with our snuggies. We even have a commercial on youtube already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHlvtWhum0
Offline Daniel  
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:44:20 AM(UTC)
Daniel

What flavor Kool-Aid?

Goyum Grape?
Hebrew Harvest?

...or...

(wait for it...)

Juicey Jew?
Nehemiah wrote: