logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 11:34:19 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Swalchy asked me to post his following apology:

Quote:
To all Yadanews Forum Members,

Please permit me to post a public and completely open apology to each and every single member on this forum. For the past few months I have been liable and guilty of causing abrasiveness, hurt, ill feelings, anger, hostility, argument, discord, misunderstanding, tension, bickering and conflict. I fully acknowledge and confess that I am most certainly at fault, and due to poor judgement, error, mistakes, oversight, neglect, blunder, carelessness, and complete and utter failure at expressing and showing brotherly love and affection to my fellow forum participants, I have unintentionally made several of you feel that you couldn’t post in the forum. I profusely apologise for all of this, and I especially apologise to each person I have hurt, offended, agonised or distressed. My behaviour has been uncalled for, and I should have reflected a lot more before I posted many of my replies. I am deeply sorry and regretful to any improper feelings I have caused, which has not and never was my intention, plan, purpose, motive or objective. All I can do is apologise and say that I’m sorry, and pray that the brilliant people on here can accept my sincere apology, and hope that those who I have caused ill feelings towards can forgive me.

In the interest of truth, there are several things that have been said regarding me that I need to clarify.

The first is the conversation I had with Yada. He and I spoke on Facebook chat on Wednesday 25th August between 2:05 a.m. and 3:20 a.m. my time, to which I admitted, and directly quote, “02:11: Me: Although I think I've been causing some tension. Not on purpose, it's just been like that,” to which we both continued to talk about.

In order to stop said tension, I said to Yada that “02:20: Me: I think some of the tension is dying down a bit, after things did get quite heated. I personally won't be posting in the thread again, mainly because I've said all I need to say on the subject for the time being. And from what I can gather, so have most of the other people.” Later on I further stated that “03:06: Me: So I'm going to refrain from mentioning anything about QP on YN, and staying out of any topics on the matter,” and continued to reiterate this at “03:15: Well, as I said. I'll stay out of QP threads,” and again at “03:17: So, I'll refrain from posting in any thread that's to do with QP. So as to not start any discord or disunity.”

Furthermore, I did not refuse to send an email to Yada, but instead said, “03:02: Me: When I am sure that, what I have perceived, is Yada's current angry state has subdued, I will most certainly email him again,” for which I was referring to, what I have perceived, is anger at Paul, and later on I clarified that “03:09: Me: As I said before, I still think a cooling off period is needed. Of which I was also referring to me.” Understanding that it was my overall abrasive tone that was causing tension, I did not want to email Yada whilst still under said abrasive character. As it had therefore reached beyond 3 a.m. in the morning, I had deemed it appropriate for me to not email Yada all too soon, until I was satisfied that I myself had cooled down, and that we could converse about the matter without any feelings of hostility.

For further clarification, I have not posted the transcript of mine and Yada’s Facebook chat online or in the public domain, but had instead placed it in a privately shared folder that only 8 people on the planet have any sort of access to, mainly because there were a few things that Yada said to me that I wasn’t too sure about. Seeing as though these other 7 people were and are much older and wiser than I am, I wanted their input on the matter and to help me figure out the best way to proceed. I’m sorry if this is deemed out of line or considered inappropriate, I know the discussion was private between me and Yada, but I have absolutely no experience in dealing with such a matter, and so required the help, experience and input of wise and loving individuals as to the best way to rectify the situation. I and my friends also didn’t promote any myth about us being banned from the forums (especially as the other person in question doesn’t post on the forums); both of us just stated that several of the comments directed my way gave the impression that I was either being asked to not post, or that I should take a break from the forums. There was no mention of banning or suspension.

In less than 23 hours of mine and Yada’s conversation, I received an email from Yada at around 2 a.m. Thursday morning (26th August) telling me that I and Rob were to refrain from posting on the Yadanews forum. And I don’t know whether Yada knows this or not, but upon trying to log into my account on Yadanews, I am greeted by the following:

UserPostedImage

Upon seeing this message straight after Yada’s email to me, I did indeed assert to people in our private Skype chat that I had been banned from the forums, because it is indeed a fact that a ban is in place. Instead I have to ask a dear friend of mine to be the mitigating intermediator and post my apology to the forum members, as well as this clarification on the forums for me, which I would have much rather done in person, although I have been unable to do so since around 2 a.m. Thursday morning.

What needs further clarification is that neither I nor Rob have ignored Yada’s email to me/us at all. Rob is actually on holiday with his own family at the moment, and I received specified email at around 2 a.m. on Thursday morning my time, and upon reading the email and being unable to log into my account on the Yadanews forum, I then came across Yada’s Announcement in the announcement section. Upon reading it and the awful things said in it concerning me, it was hardly the time nor was I in a right state of mind to respond to the email, especially as before I had received Yada’s email notifying me that I was to refrain from posting in the YN forum, I had come to the conclusion that to rectify the situation I should post a public apology to everyone on the forum, asking for their forgiveness to my extremely poor and sour behaviour, the one which everyone can now see and read above.

I have been trying to write a reply to Yada’s email ever since I woke up later on Thursday, but upon reading the announcement again and again, I have been reduced to tears several times since then, and so I have had to ask several people to aid me in writing the email because I was still not in a proper state of mind to do so by myself, especially as even more things are being posted and said about me. As most of my friends are in different time zones to me, I’m sure that people can appreciate how long it can take to write an email, especially when I have to wait for people to be awake so they can aid and assist me in what I was endeavouring to accomplish.

I truly feel that I was and have not been given any time at all to either rectify the situation, or post an email response to Yada before I have been branded as an unapologetic, abusive, arrogant, hostile know-it-all who has routinely ignored people’s efforts to get me to apologise. It wasn’t until Yada started talking to me on Facebook chat on Wednesday morning that someone confronted me about my behaviour, for which I truly am sorry for, and again reiterate that I most certainly did not intentionally set out to demean or insult anyone.

What is truly the most disheartening thing about the Announcement is that practically all the quotes of mine are taken completely out of context, several haven’t been quoted in full, and some have even had the main point I was discussing edited out of them. How exactly is that a fair way to judge the quotes and the words in them, several of which I can see that some people have thought that some of the quotes are directed towards other people, when in fact they are directed towards what I’ve been attempting to talk about? So that people can check my posts, look at the context of each one and the posts surrounding them, and accurately judge what is said about them, I am now providing direct links to the posts that the quotes are taken from, rather than just seeing them as they are in the Announcement.

http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17406
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17475
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17524
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17846
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17854
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17897
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17901
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17916
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17904
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...Y-Letters.aspx#post17808
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17574
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...-of-Shaul.aspx#post17552
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17916
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...ns-Debate.aspx#post17531
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...sh-course.aspx#post17195
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...rs-Manual.aspx#post17090
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...rs-Manual.aspx#post17100
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...t-Ephesus.aspx#post17047
http://www.yadanews.com/yaf_pos...t-Ephesus.aspx#post17065

I am again extremely sorry for any abrasiveness or harsh tone detected in any of the linked quotes, it was not any intention of mine to demean or insult anyone. I was, and still am sincere in all of my apologies to people on the forum, even if I may personally lack the skills to fully articulate an apology that everyone can accept as being an honest one. I too am a very flawed and imperfect human being, subject to error, mistakes, faults and failures.

I have also deemed it necessary to clarify a few things that have been said, so that people can make an accurate and informed judgement of the situation, myself, and those who have been associated with me.

The final thing I need to clarify is the mentioning of some forums on TWTY. Whilst it is most certainly true that there are some forums on TWTY, they are however not public forums. There is no direct link to them on TWTY, nor are the forums able to be found via a search engine. In order to even know about them or have access to them, people have had to have been given a direct link to them, the direct link I only shared with 11 people. The fact that there is a private forum on TWTY should not have been given out to anyone that I myself had not given the link to, so the public announcement of said private forum is indeed an invasion of privacy.

It is neither fair, loving nor respectable to announce on a public forum that there are some forums on TWTY, or on any other private website for that matter, principally because the members of the forum had been told that the forums weren’t public, and when I had decided either way, I was to inform them of my decision regarding the forum.

In further addition to this, as someone who is teaching himself web development, it is becoming increasingly essential for people to know how to set up, maintain and run an online forum, and so I set up the private one on TWTY for me to initially test how the phpbb software that fuels the forum ran, and therefore used my own personal webspace to test an imperative skill that I have to learn. As it happens, therefore, I and several of my friend’s privacy has been publicly violated, and I ask that the person or person’s doing such things cease from doing so.

I know members of this forum are seekers of truth and do not blindly listen to anyone. That is how we all ended up here, searching for truth in Scripture. I hope that the information I provided above will help everyone to find the truth in this situation as well. I have valued my experience here, fellowshipping and seeking truth with you all. I love all of you as brothers and sisters in Yahushua, and as I think that I have tarnished what people perceive of me here, I feel that returning wouldn’t be of help to anyone. I’m extremely sorry to have caused all of this, and I will deeply miss my family here.

Reading the new guidelines for the forum, I can only but agree with and accept all of them, and before this entire debacle had begun, I personally thought that we’d all been unconsciously following all of them anyway. Again, my apologies to the people I have hurt or distressed.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 1:08:42 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Dear Brother Swalchy,

Although, none of the abrasiveness was directed toward me. I, for one, accept your apology. We are imperfect beings and I personally believe the hostility you showed was, while still wrong, a direct result of hostility shown TO you. So, once again I feel you have come to grips with your attitude, and will now have a tighter reign on your words. I am confused though about one thing. Is it your intention never to return to the forum? If so, I have to say, I will sorely disappointed. I personally believe your unique knowledge of Koine Greek definitely added something to many of the discussions on this forum. In closing Swalch, I extend my brotherly love in the body of our Ma'seyah.

Your Brother,
Mike Browell

P.S. If he isn't browsing the forum, could you, Matthew, please deliver this message to him? Thank you.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:45:47 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Swalchy, I just got a private message from Yahweh.. it said "tell Swalchy to go back to the forum. Love, Yahweh"
:)
Offline danshelper  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:37:46 AM(UTC)
danshelper

This forum is a very unique place. The scholarship here is oustanding but the tone can be brutal. On the one hand, the brilliance of the writers and participants is soaringly inspiring, but on the other hand, that brilliance can be a treacherous weapon, overwhelming and tearing down those who are just honestly trying to learn and grow in love and knowledge of YHWH.

Speaking for myself, I need to remember the natural pitfalls of those who possess great knowledge - pride, impatience and unkindness toward those with lesser gifts. The family members with great knowledge need to zealously guard against these natural pitfalls and the family members with lesser knowledge often need to encourage brotherly love through the covering of transgression.

Inching ever so slowly toward a greater love and understanding of YHWH is worth all our hurts along the way - and this website would be insignificant without the active participation of ALL minds. If we give in to pride and all the associated evils, or if we give in to constantly exposing rather than covering one another's faults, we've given the enemy the victory.

I'm looking forward to getting everyone back on board and moving on!
Offline Juski  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:55:28 AM(UTC)
Juski

What I love about this forum is that we are all broken people. Many of us have been battered and bruised by Christianity and come here with huge amounts of baggage. I know that Robski, me and Swalchy were really hurt by being kicked out of church and this whole affair has felt a whole lot worse. When we were still in church we spent a lot of time defending our position and trying desperately to explain to deaf ears why we "were choosing the way of the devil and condemning our children to hell" when it seemed so obvious to us that following Yahweh's Way brought so much more joy, peace, and wellbeing than Christianity can ever give.

I think many of us bring similar hurt and baggage with us to the forums - we are so used to defending ourselves to pastors/friends/family in our 'real' lives that our frustration often gets carried over to our 'virtual' lives. We sometimes forget that here we are brothers and sisters and that questions aren't asked to attack us but to help and to learn. We have spent 3 years fighting our corner and defending the choice we have made in following the truth, and the fellowship we have received from this site has made that journey so much easier.

Swalchy is an amazing man, his knowledge of the Scriptures and his passion for learning more has always inspired me and often confused me too! He has sacrificed a huge amount in his pursuit of Truth and the cost has been great to him. It really hurts to see what has happened this past week. He has a huge brain, but a little to learn about how he relates his knowledge to others. Having the pleasure of knowing him for many years I have seen a real progression in his attitude and understanding. Swalchy is passionate about the Scriptures and sadly that does sometimes come across in the wrong way. But like the rest of us he deserves and needs our friendship and support as he continues on his journey.

When we were kicked out of church we lost all our friends, we really don't want to lose our friends here too. Maybe we all need to think a little more about what we are typing and remember that just as we are carrying baggage so is everyone else. Its only through investing time in each other that we get the priveledge of carrying each others suitcases!!

Jude
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:01:10 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Yada and I have read Stephen's apology and accept it. We've also read Stephen's promise regarding the forum guidelines and believe him. Stephen's account has been reinstated.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:27:47 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I am most delighted to see that forum members indeed do care for each other! Yay! Swalchy does not have to endure time out standing in the corner. Now, as for his pal Robski... c'mmon, don't be shy. You don't have to be as verbose as Swalchy. Let's put things behind us and move on. I know we all miss each other. You know what, guys? I am glad that you all are on our side and not against Yahweh. You do a mighty fine job trying to defend His Name but let's keep some things in check when dealing with each other. I am reminded of a few personalities in ancient Yisra'el whose fervour and passion screwed themselves up and they had little chance for recompense or regrets because one chance was all they had. I mean, even if the Ark of the Covenant looked like it was falling you're still ain't allowed to touch it if you weren't authorised. Kapeesh? Well, let's grow together and learn from what happened.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Walt  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:42:48 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

A view I have on friends I learned from Yahushua

A friend is someone who accepts you as you are - but loves you too much to let you stay that way

Things may get heated in the process - but love & concern will carry it through

I would be very happy to have someone like Steve or Rob as a friend
Offline Walt  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 4:51:02 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

One principle I carried from my journey through new-age

If a teacher can not accept themselves or their teachings being questioned or challenged then they aren't ready or able to be a teacher