logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MadDog  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:40:19 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Ever since I was a youth, growing up in Texas there was a word we used as slang, Tex-Mex, Latino, etc. that sounded exactly like Yahweh. We said it all the time when I was growing up. If you are familiar with Tex-Mex slang then you must've heard it once or twice in your lifetime. A perfect example is in the movie called "Born in East LA" and I know that movie is really old, but the fact that Hispanics still use that word to date is uncanny.

Well, maybe you can see where I'm going with this. Now after YY, I hear Hashem everywhere I go or parts of it. I saw a movie from northern Europe with the letters "Ya" within a name, there was also a movie called "Tunnel Rats" and one of the characters mentions "Yahweh" by name, etc.

Anyway, here is a link to a Star Trek episode and tell me what you think. Listen very carefully to what the Klingon says at the arm wrestling match at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0otnIuQiGG0

Oh and we also used the word "Ala" or "Allah" to express astonishment, bewilderment, and a positive/negative reply depending on how you uttered the sound, word or phrase of "Ala" or "Allah." We even added the letters "mo" to "Ala" which would come out as "Alamo" or "Allah-mo." In my youth I though it meant the actual Alamo here in my city, but I'm not sure so any more. You can draw your own conculsions, I already have.

Anyway, tell me what I probably already know as per my screen name. Although if I were really stark raving mad, I really wouldn't know it, now would I.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 10:48:25 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think he was counting to three in clingon - a language developed by geeks for geeks lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline MadDog  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 11:35:17 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Robskiwarrior wrote:
I think he was counting to three in clingon - a language developed by geeks for geeks lol

Well, yes and no. For now, like I said I've heard the word, or phrase, or name "Yawheh" since I was a youth.

I don't know what led you to YY but that is one of the reasons I came to YY.

Call it trivial, call it trite, but there are people like "Moshe" who do not want us to use the name, HaShem: Yahweh.

And from my personal perspective, I find an astonishing coincidence.

Here is just another of my crazy examples:

http://www.youtube.com/w...7DB8Iwg&feature=av2n
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 11:46:55 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I have to say I don't find it as coincidental really - it is quite a common sound in language really, much more common than "J" sounds for example, probably because the sound is ancient. For example in England in the 80's there were a group of people called yuppies - high paid business types from London - who instead of saying Yes said "Yah" - in a very posh accent lol. Then you have the "way" idea, no way man, that way, this way - I mean how far do you take it? The sounds are quite basic and not uncommon... I am not saying that might not have caused you to have come to the place you are - but I think digging too deep into phonetics is ropey ground.
Offline MadDog  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 12:34:51 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Robskiwarrior wrote:
I have to say I don't find it as coincidental really - it is quite a common sound in language really, much more common than "J" sounds for example, probably because the sound is ancient. For example in England in the 80's there were a group of people called yuppies - high paid business types from London - who instead of saying Yes said "Yah" - in a very posh accent lol. Then you have the "way" idea, no way man, that way, this way - I mean how far do you take it? The sounds are quite basic and not uncommon... I am not saying that might not have caused you to have come to the place you are - but I think digging too deep into phonetics is ropey ground.

Coincidental...maybe, I don't think so. Why is it a common sound then? Especially since we've all come to YY? No, I don't think so. To me, it seems as if people like "Moshe" who don’t want us to use the name "Yahweh" even though it comes up in movies and song consistently. And "Yahweh" can be shortened to just simply "Yah." Too much of a coincidence for me. We had yuppies in the US also, but I wasn't part of that group.

I learned the name Yahweh from a mixture of Spanish and English slang, long before that word came around, i.e. the hippy/yuppy age.

What I am saying is that Yahweh left an imprint in our language and psyche for us to remember HaShem. Nothing I can pin scripture or history on, but there it is.

This is just another small example of what and how I think Yahweh is. He is not a Pope or an Iman. He is vibrant...He is alive...He is a living and breathing God...it's not that we need him...it's that he wants us just as much as we need him....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hwE0slNd3Y
Offline bigritchie  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:51:03 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

What about the internet company Yahoo.

Remember their old commercials?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 8:23:10 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

MadDog wrote:

What I am saying is that Yahweh left an imprint in our language and psyche for us to remember HaShem. Nothing I can pin scripture or history on, but there it is.

I completely agree with that - I mean Hebrew is the oldest language and it is His - all other language comes from that beginning really, no matter how far apart. I do draw the line at the idea of Yah infiltrating the minds of the Star Trek writers and such to implant a sound that happens to sound a little like his name.
Offline MadDog  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:52:30 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Robskiwarrior wrote:
I completely agree with that - I mean Hebrew is the oldest language and it is His - all other language comes from that beginning really, no matter how far apart. I do draw the line at the idea of Yah infiltrating the minds of the Star Trek writers and such to implant a sound that happens to sound a little like his name.

I don't. Hollywood is practically run by Jews. If not Yahweh then it's the Jews in Hollywood, entertainment, media in all fields dropping hints here and there. They may not even know they're doing it consciously.

Here's another ditty called Kum Ba Ya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jKf7cI-9oE

Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen:
http://www.youtube.com/w...Y28Q&feature=related

and last but not least, "It's raining men Hallelujah" by the Weather Girls :)
http://www.youtube.com/w...UM0vKSc&feature=fvst

Did I mention that I think Yahweh has a weird sense of humor, like....well me :)
Offline MadDog  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 10:04:46 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

bigritchie wrote:
What about the internet company Yahoo.

Remember their old commercials?

Funny how Yahoo / Yahu has become a negative. If were to tell the Hispanics here in my home town Yahweh's name, I'm pretty sure they would laugh me out of the room especially since everyone already knows that word in Tex-Mex slang.

I never did see those commercials. I was overseas for a good 17 years right before I retired from the military.
Offline MadDog  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 12:08:27 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Robskiwarrior wrote:

Here is Leonard Nimoy discussing the origins of the Vulcan Hand Salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmkDOzjfSSY

Live Long and Prosper :)
Offline Matthew  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 1:41:05 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
But how's this: in Avatar there is a phrase "the people say Eywa will provide." People are suggesting Eywa backwards cold be pronounced Yahweh. But not only that, the head shape of the Toruk ("last shadow," the great red flying bird that Jack Sulley rides) is the sign of the cross. Jake Sulley becomes Torul Makto, the Ride of Last Shadow, and he's the 6th person to do it, which could mean that it will be ridden for a 7th time in the sequel. I don't know James Cameron's beliefs but he did make a documentary, the "Exodus Decoded", on the 10 plagues of Egypt once trying to prove it scientifically happened.
Offline MadDog  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 2:20:34 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Matthew wrote:
But how's this: in Avatar there is a phrase "the people say Eywa will provide." People are suggesting Eywa backwards cold be pronounced Yahweh. But not only that, the head shape of the Toruk ("last shadow," the great red flying bird that Jack Sulley rides) is the sign of the cross. Jake Sulley becomes Torul Makto, the Ride of Last Shadow, and he's the 6th person to do it, which could mean that it will be ridden for a 7th time in the sequel. I don't know James Cameron's beliefs but he did make a documentary, the "Exodus Decoded", on the 10 plagues of Egypt once trying to prove it scientifically happened.

Ah, you stole my thunder on "Avatar." I was going to spring that little chest nut on my next unspecting prey, especilly Robskiwarrior. There is also a character from movie/tv series of Futurama titled "The Beast with a Million Backs" called" Yivo" who is a supposedly a supreme being and one other character with a Jewish name but I can't recall it right now.
Offline MadDog  
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:48:18 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

In "Mystery Science Theater 3000: Laserblast" Tom Servo gives a shout out to Yahweh.

Edited by user Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:37:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline jatrom  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:26:10 AM(UTC)
jatrom

Can I add my own little story? When I was in school back in '89 (I think), I was already having a real relationship with 'Jesus'. I became very fond of a song sung by Erasure - Yahoo'aa.. A month or two ago I was suddenly reminded of this song. I searched it on youtube and was struck by the words and proclamation (albeit a bit questionable...) of Yahweh's name. For me, a 'sign' that Yahweh has been calling from way back then...
Offline FredSnell  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:08:26 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It's a catchy tune. Here are the lyrics..I've talked with ppl that have known His name since to 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYoH4s4SijM

Erasure Yahoo Lyrics:
Better that the devil should not be called
If you wanna wed the devil´s daughter
I pray to the lord on high to set you free
Better you decide to cut him loose
Than to ride on the cunning line
I pray to the lord on high to rescue me

No one should go through hard times
No one should live in sorrow
Got to lift your head up high
Got to face the darker skies

Yahoo! ah higher, higher, higher
Yahoo! ah find your way unto to the lord
ah higher, higher, higher

To run where the devil would fear to tread
Got to put your money where your heart is
Whether you decide to trade your soul
[ Find more Lyrics on http://mp3lyrics.org/Rvr ]
For a little of the devil´s gold

No one should feel so low down
To give in to sweet temptation

ah higher, higher, higher

When you look around and find yourself
Between the devil and the deep blue sea
If there´s trouble on your mind
when you sleep at night
Won´t you come and put your trust in me

No one should go through hard times
No one should live in sorrow
Lyrics: Yahoo, Erasure [end]
Offline MadDog  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 1:00:00 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

jatrom wrote:
Can I add my own little story? When I was in school back in '89 (I think), I was already having a real relationship with 'Jesus'. I became very fond of a song sung by Erasure - Yahoo'aa.. A month or two ago I was suddenly reminded of this song. I searched it on youtube and was struck by the words and proclamation (albeit a bit questionable...) of Yahweh's name. For me, a 'sign' that Yahweh has been calling from way back then...

It's official....Yahweh is a stalker.
Offline FredSnell  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 2:21:32 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Some may see it as Yah calling, buy the gov'ts of the world are going to attribute it to...http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/aug/18/aliens-destroy-humanity-protect-civilisations
Offline Richard  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 4:26:02 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
That article! How can people be so impossibly deceived?!
Offline MadDog  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2011 7:15:35 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

The Colbert Report

Monday September 27, 2010
Yahweh or No Way - IHOP & Antonio Federici Ad
The International House of Pancakes sues the International House of Prayer, and the UK bans a pregnant nun ad for Antonio Federici ice cream.

http://www.colbertnation...op---antonio-federici-ad

Wednesday August 10, 2011
Yahweh or No Way? - Mormons & God's Poll Numbers
The Mormon Church's PR campaign makes Mormons irresistibly cool, while only 52% of Americans approve of God.

http://www.colbertnation...ons---god-s-poll-numbers

Tuesday May 10, 2011
Yahweh or No Way? - Thor & Apocalypse Billboard
"Thor" earns $66 million in its opening weekend, and a Family Radio billboard predicts the end of the world.

http://www.colbertnation...and-apocalypse-billboard
Offline MadDog  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 4:25:09 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Rev. Jeremiah Wright said Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas worships “some other God” outside of “Allah and Yahweh” (who the “same” he says).

http://nation.foxnews.co...laced-easter-week-sermon
Offline tagim  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:30:40 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Be careful now, that is the President's Imam - err, Pastor. Yikes! I got it. Both!
Offline FredSnell  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:48:39 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

tagim wrote:
Be careful now, that is the President's Imam - err, Pastor. Yikes! I got it. Both!

The old cliche has certainly been proven true, " any boy can grow up and become president." But this has been shown over the last few terms that being President, one not necessarily has to be presidential.
Offline Mike  
#23 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 3:31:18 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I watched the movie on TBN last night. It was called “The Story of Jacob and Joseph”. When they said “Yahwah” I almost fell of of the couch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtTS8Uwbvco

Watch from 5:30 to 6:00 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/w...Hg4mo&feature=relmfu

Watch from 6:20 to 8:00 minutes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072211/

The movie was from 1974.

Shalom
Offline In His Name  
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:23:35 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Things that make you go hmmm...

I jumped on netflix to find something to pass an hour, put Yahweh into the search bar (didn't expect Yahowah to return anything) and got back a documentary about the last surviving member of the Yahi indian tribe. That ended up being about all there was to it, except for one other thing... The name he called himself was Ishi, which just happened to mean 'man' in his dialect... hmmm...
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline FredSnell  
#25 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 3:16:57 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I watched that movie back some time ago about, Ishi. Back then I was running around half cocked denouncing everything that wasn't Yahs. While today I still do this b/c if you aren't standing with my Father, you are against Him, and thus you are against me too, I try and be a little more easy in presenting His message to others. While most will bear with you and hear you out, very few ever take the time to really read His Towrah and try hard to understand that He's only guiding you to a better understanding. I have actually fallen in love with my Creator. I love His Name and the day He set aside for us to come into a complete understanding of His instructions while we rest. I let Him do all the work as I observe Him and His Words manifesting in me. He will let you become more than you are and I can vouch for this, just as the above verse recognizes, that you post with your comment. Every Word is reliable.
Offline Richard  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:50:13 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hear, hear, Fred! That's good word. Thanks.