logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ks77  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:55:29 PM(UTC)
ks77

Hi! I need some help. I started a thread here about a video called "Yahweh's name removed by Satan?"
I haven't read the renewed covenant scriptures much at all, so I don't know, but this guy says:

ks777: you seem to have forgotten the verses in the Bible where God Himself says "I am the LORD". To me, calling him that is a way of placing Him over any other thing that has ever been called "Lord". HE IS THE LORD. I'm also quite sure that He knows to whom I refer when I call him that. He's not stupid, and he doesn't play stupid.

Furthermore, Jesus had no problem with being called "Lord" by his disciples, and those making entreaties of him.

I know the word "lord" wouldn't have been said, but was he actually called a translation of the word Lord?

Could someone please give me some insight into this?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:36:43 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well they didn't speak English, so "Lord" would never have been uttered anyway, but second to that it was more "master", "teacher".

Also whenever "The Lord" is used if memory servers me right, it is still "Yahweh" (YWHW) that has been replaced. The Oldest manuscripts did not use Greek words for the Names and Titles that were linked to Yah OR other words that could not be transliterated into Greek correctly. You might want to look at this for more info on Placeholders:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomina_sacra - this was written by Swalchy

http://www.thewaytoyahuweh.com/ and this is Swalchy's website where you can find an amplified translation of nearly all the "NT".

Swalchy will be able to give you a much better run-down on this than me.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline In His Name  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 3:35:43 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi KS777,

Check out the front of your bible. In most, buried somewhere in all the forward material, you will find a statement about the removal of YHWH. Basically it will say that God wrote his name in here but we are taking it out and replacing it with LORD, because, well, because that is what everyone else does.

That is why we call Him Lord. If the scriptures had not been tampered with, Lord would only have been written a handful of times and no one would use it anymore than we use teacher or master.

Personally, I would agree, God is smart, he knows who we are talking to. He is also compassionate, I don't think He would turn a follower away because he used the wrong name, even using the title Lord with it's' connection with Baal.

But, IF YHWH had been left in the scripture, imagine the difference it would make in our thinking. I find much more power, much more personality, much more connection in reading scripture with His real name in the text than in reading it with LORD. For me it comes alive, it is truly YHWH speaking to me. Maybe it is just me, but I never got that connection with LORD. For me scripture came alive, my relationship came alive because it was now with a real person, with a name.

So IMO the problem is not in using LORD it is in not using YHWH.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline dugdoo56  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 3:41:48 PM(UTC)
dugdoo56

Hi all. I too get totally frustrated when reading/hearing Scripture that has all of the"common usage" names. I like to listen to various sites audio on my ipod and just shake my head when they claim Jesus was His actual name. I spoke to a friend at work the other day about Yahushua and she just could not believe it. As a Catholic, I suppose it would be a bit of a shock to her that they are not speaking the truth. My Sister is a full on Evangelical and uses "Praise the Lord" in almost every sentence. She too says Jesus has saving/healing power. My questions are: 1. What version of Scripture do most folk here use? I know of only the "Besorah" and "The Scriptures" from South Africa that use the proper names (or Hebrew alphabet ) in the place where Yahweh and Yahushua should be.
2. Does the name Jesus actually have "saving/healing" power. Is it really ok to use the name Jesus. I am totally uncomfortable with it but wonder what other people think. Regards to all.
Offline ks77  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 1:11:41 AM(UTC)
ks77

Okay thanks for the comments and links everyone!

And to the person that signed up there, very good messages!
Offline bigritchie  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 8:13:36 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

ks77 wrote:
Hi! I need some help. I started a thread here about a video called "Yahweh's name removed by Satan?"
I haven't read the renewed covenant scriptures much at all, so I don't know, but this guy says:

ks777: you seem to have forgotten the verses in the Bible where God Himself says "I am the LORD". To me, calling him that is a way of placing Him over any other thing that has ever been called "Lord". HE IS THE LORD. I'm also quite sure that He knows to whom I refer when I call him that. He's not stupid, and he doesn't play stupid.

Furthermore, Jesus had no problem with being called "Lord" by his disciples, and those making entreaties of him.

I know the word "lord" wouldn't have been said, but was he actually called a translation of the word Lord?

Could someone please give me some insight into this?

I love when christians make that argument aka the "He knows what I mean, this name stuff is no big deal he knows my heart"

You know what I then say?

"Then why not call him Allah, after all he knows your heart"

And of course then that exposes the double standard of christianity, that attacks those that use the true real names. They make that excuse "well he knows my heart, I can use Lord which means baal"

I mean really, why not just call him Fred flinstone or Barney, or bozo the clown, after all he knows your heart!

If a Muslim uses the exact same excuse as the Christians do, it infuriates the Christian, and they will scream false to the top of their lungs, and it brings the entire glass house of Christianity with their cute religious saying down.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 1:40:39 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
Does the name Jesus actually have "saving/healing" power. Is it really ok to use the name Jesus. I am totally uncomfortable with it but wonder what other people think.

The most powerful witness I have regarding this is a close friend of mine. He LOVES the names "Yahweh" and "Yahshua". He understands and keeps the Feasts, observes the commandments, keeps the Sabbath... Has a real relationship. He's come a L-O-N-G way in his spiritual journey. And he'll happily tell you that he was called, saved, and sanctified by "Jesus", long before he learned the name Yahshua. We shouldn't put limits on what He can do, despite the best efforts at deception. (We also shouldn't be afraid to speak the truth, with lovingkindness. Our friends may not be 100% Wrong to call Him Jesus, but they aren't right, either!)

"Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I."
Isaiah 52:6
Offline bigritchie  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 6:04:54 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

RidesWithYah wrote:
The most powerful witness I have regarding this is a close friend of mine. He LOVES the names "Yahweh" and "Yahshua". He understands and keeps the Feasts, observes the commandments, keeps the Sabbath... Has a real relationship. He's come a L-O-N-G way in his spiritual journey. And he'll happily tell you that he was called, saved, and sanctified by "Jesus", long before he learned the name Yahshua. We shouldn't put limits on what He can do, despite the best efforts at deception. (We also shouldn't be afraid to speak the truth, with lovingkindness. Our friends may not be 100% Wrong to call Him Jesus, but they aren't right, either!)

"Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I."
Isaiah 52:6

I think there is a very big difference in calling him "Jesus" in ignorance, and the Creator showing mercy on our ignorance, then coming to the realization that is not his name, and using his real name.

In fact in Jeremiah the Creator makes it clear regarding gentiles crying out for the pagan traditions and abominations we inherited and him saying he will make his name known to us. If the gentile Christians have his name already there would be no need for him to do that, nor would go through the effort of making his name known if it was not important.