logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Deborah  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 6:35:57 PM(UTC)
Deborah
Woman

Could someone tell me if the "Owner's Manual" by Ken Powers has any of, what I call, "Paul bits" in it?
Offline Swalchy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 1:50:28 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

It has quite a lot of Paul bits in it. Quite a few people don't agree with Yada's take on Paul, and KP is one of them.

Paul 'tisin't a dirty word
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 11:27:01 AM(UTC)
kp

Yeah. I discuss what Paul had to say about the Torah, and I quote him from the NLT. I'm goin' to hell. Twice!

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 11:46:07 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kp wrote:
Yeah. I discuss what Paul had to say about the Torah, and I quote him from the NLT. I'm goin' to hell. Twice!

kp

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!

/me readies the ducking stool
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline RidesWithYah  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 12:41:11 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
I discuss what Paul had to say about the Torah, and I quote him from the NLT.

From what I've heard, the NLT doesn't quote anybody.
Mebbe you paraphrased him from the NLT?
Offline Swalchy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 1:22:21 PM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

UserPostedImage

These pictures are really starting to come in handy :D
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 2:02:54 PM(UTC)
kp

Quote:
me readies the ducking stool

Be nice, or I'll turn you into a newt.

kp
Offline dugdoo56  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 5:20:38 PM(UTC)
dugdoo56

okay...so where do we really stand as far as Paul is concerned?? Who are we to believe..after all of the study that Yada has done...and there are still people that don't believe what he says? I don't have the time to do a lot of study as most seem to do...I only read Scripture as best I can and read the Forum..which I think is great... but still there seems to be this doubt that Yada is right concerning Paul. I know that Paul does not quote Yahushua at all, which is unbelievable when you really think about it. He does seem to elevate himself to a standard that most should try to achieve, but he does say some things that are true. I know that you only have to put a bit of truth into lies to make it sound true but surely Paul could not have been the "demon" he is being made out to be. I dont know...this is just my take on it...but it sure is confusing when there are two differing opinions on someone who had such a big influence on millions of people. Regards to all...DD56.
Offline Swalchy  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 11:10:57 PM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

dugdoo56 wrote:
okay...so where do we really stand as far as Paul is concerned?? Who are we to believe..after all of the study that Yada has done...and there are still people that don't believe what he says? I don't have the time to do a lot of study as most seem to do...I only read Scripture as best I can and read the Forum.

Well, this is the main problem isn't it. If you don't have time to do a lot of study, how are people going to be able to check that what Yada has said regarding Paul is true? Unfortunately, I fear many people have a "believe anything that Yada says" attitude, and few, if any, will check what he says. I wonder just how many people have checked out Yada's Greek translations that are found in QP? I know I'm assuming things, but my assumptions are based on a good deals worth of experience when it comes to this sort of thing.

Oddly enough, the "not checking" attitude that many people have is so very Christian, something I thought people on here had gotten away from. Whilst many people may have physically left their church and Christianity, I'm afraid quite a few people are still stuck in that way of thinking.

Quote:
which I think is great... but still there seems to be this doubt that Yada is right concerning Paul. I know that Paul does not quote Yahushua at all, which is unbelievable when you really think about it.

Well, outside of the eye-witness accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, where exactly does Peter quote Yahushua in his 2 letters? Or how about John in his 3 letters? Jude? James/Ya'qob? Well I'll quickly answer this for everyone: none of these people quote anything Yahushua says either! So why the singling out of Paul? They're all at fault (if you want to call it that) for not mentioning anything about Yahushua in their letters.

However, how are we to know which of Yahushua's teachings these people quoted in their every day lives? These people were teachers in charge of numerous ekklesia's, and we don't have a written source that contains each and every thing they said. Is it really safe to presume, and then state as fact, that Paul never quoted Yahushua? Well no, it isn't, especially in light of Acts 20:35.

Also, Paul does quote Yahushua in 1 Corinthians 11:24-25. Now I know Yada has said that Paul has quoted him wrongly in these 2 verses, but I couldn't find where Yada actually said what Paul had quoted wrong, nor a translation of 1 Corinthians 11:24-25 in QP. Maybe someone could point me to where he has done this?

Quote:
He does seem to elevate himself to a standard that most should try to achieve, but he does say some things that are true. I know that you only have to put a bit of truth into lies to make it sound true but surely Paul could not have been the "demon" he is being made out to be. I dont know...this is just my take on it...but it sure is confusing when there are two differing opinions on someone who had such a big influence on millions of people. Regards to all...DD56.

Well, unfortunately most people now have only read one side's core view regarding Paul, so people are hardly in the right place to make a truly informed decision on the subject. The only thing people can do at the moment is to check the one side's exhibit edevidence to make sure whether they have presented the evidence properly or not.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 12:34:15 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

My take is that our English translations and Western minds leave us in a quandry.
We don't have the language or the mindset of the Roman provinces most of Paul's (alleged) letters went to;
nor the historical background. So we don't "get" Paul fully enough to be accurate in our assessment.

The warning signs are persuasive enough to be cautious.
That alone helps me resolve the situations where what is attributed to him appears in our translations to be at odds w/ Torah.

But I have a commandment-keeping friend who says he "gets" Paul, and what he's trying to say.
I REALLY need to pin that dude down for lunch.
Personally I don't "get" Paul, but I try to have an open mind.
And want to be very careful not to fall into "blaspheming the Spirit" if he is legit.

Wait, I think we just hijacked this thread.

TOM gets two thumbs up, especially (but not only) if you've got Jewish or Messianic friends to discuss things with!

In His Love,
RWY.
Offline Richard  
#11 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 2:18:04 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have read articles at http://www.eliyah.com which suggest that Paul's writings have been misunderstood by mainstream Christianity and that the man actually was pro-Torah. The arguments presented are well-written and thoughtful. However, since I read QP I have chosen to back off of Paul's writings. Whenever something he wrote comes to mind for use against the adversary, I push it aside and seek something I know for certain is from Yahuweh's Spirit. If Paul was indeed an "apostle" of Yahushua's, then I would consider it a favor were the Father to make that known to me in no uncertain way. Until He does so, I choose to proceed as though what Paul wrote is probably not from Yahuweh.

Be blessed.

Richard
Offline Swalchy  
#12 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 5:31:15 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

RidesWithYah wrote:
Wait, I think we just hijacked this thread.

Yes, yes we did.

And seeing as though the original question was answered like, ages ago, pretty sure this thread can be locked :)