logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RidesWithYah  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 3:48:24 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

A wife, 3 kids, 3 dogs, 2 turtles, and 1 hamster.

Learning, and teaching at a local church.

Home maintenance and improvement.

A motorcycle.

And if in the future I ever have time and money at the same time,
I'll restore the 1951 Chevrolet pickup sitting in my garage.

I work as an engineer.
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 4:15:14 PM(UTC)
kp

Guitar! My other passion for the past fifty years.

kp
Offline EI  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 4:48:06 PM(UTC)
EI

Reading ... not as much as pre-school in regards to my mini library collection, but I still read my share. I am looking forward to having more time now. Usually books on Islam, big surprise, lol. REcently I read a book called the True Furqan, very interesting, two arab guys(i presume) who actually wrote a book in the quranic prose formated in surahs and the whole nine. However, its 'scripture' is 'biblical'. I guess it was directed at the 'challenge'!!! (if you want to consider it that, surah 10:38)

Basketball... Funny, use to be my Elohim: praise YHWH he took me out of it but I still can play. I actually play ball for an organization called 4-one, "because 1 gave all, we give all 4 one". It is interesting how YHWH takes the talents he gave you and uses it for his work. I remember getting off the planes in Athens and Portugal to play pro ball, thinking to myself "this is going to be my life". YHWH had something else planned, lol. Now, I use my talents to spread the good news. Praise YHWH for saving me from my self, I would still be lost getting ready to be 'sickled'!!(if I made it that far)

Working out... Definitely not like the 'olden' days but I still do it. I just tried Spinning for the first time two days ago. I really liked it. I thought about training for a triathlon on my spare time (as if I have any)

I like doing research on different pathologies also, especially when relevant to my pt population. Helps me develop an efficient plan of care.

As far as foreign language, Swalch, I plan on picking up Spanish in the next year and than move to Arabic or Hebrew.

Offline cgb2  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 5:51:23 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Guitar - mainly bluegrass, also hunting, fishing, & camping.
Lately obsessed with reading torah/prophets/psalms in my spare time.
Really interfering with guitar practice, hahaha...but trying to get back balance.
Went to a bluegrass festival over the weekend, and drove a forest road hoping to spot some turkey this evening.

I work as a mechanical engineer, from home in the high country of Colorado.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 9:46:00 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My name is Rob, and I am a gamer.

I love fantasy novels too - especially Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time (he had to go ans selfishly die before finishing the series...)

I love science too - especially physics - but that's more of an interest than a hobby...

lots of things really... lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:13:11 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Currently most of my free time I try to dedicate to translating The Towrah, and learning Hebrew.

Spending time with my wife is probably my favorite hobby, rather talking, or just curling up together and watching a movie, I just love spending time with her.

I've played bass for the last 10 years, mostly hard rock, 80's metal and such. I also dabble a bit with guitar.

I've always liked to read, used to be fiction, Stephen King and such, but the last six years or so it has been history, religion, and such.

I used to game a lot, back in High School and early University, but not so much anymore.

I also enjoy getting together with my friends and having a good time doing what ever.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Mike  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:18:34 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I enjoy reading Scripture, Yada Yahweh, and looking forward to reading The Torah Code.

I have played drums as a hobby for over 30 years. I jam with some other guys once in a while. One of the saxophone players I played music with recently died of liver cancer, unfortunately he didn’t know Yahweh.

My wife and I used to go Yada & Swing dancing a lot before 2007 when YWHW woke me up and brought me to Yada Yahweh. We still go once in a while and I enjoy dancing with my wife but I don’t enjoy the club atmosphere anymore.

We recently acquired some ducks, geese, and chickens so I have a new hobby which is really teaching me how special Yahweh’s creations are. Yahweh is like the greatest computer programmer ever, programming the DNA to make such perfectly designed animals. Of course, we are perfectly designed also.

Psa 139:14 I give thanks to You, For I am awesomely and wondrously made! Wondrous are Your works, And my being knows it well.
Psa 139:15 My bones were not concealed from You, When I was shaped in a hidden place, Knit together in the depths of the earth.
Psa 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed body. And in Your book all of them were written, The days they were formed, While none was among them.
Psa 139:17 And how precious are Your thoughts to me, O El! How great has been the sum of them!

Also fruit/vegetable gardening, but not getting much rain this year, so we may have a meager crop. The nectarines are ripe now, plums will be soon, then peaches and blackberries.
Offline danshelper  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:32:48 PM(UTC)
danshelper

Thanks for starting this Swalchy - it's great to learn more about others here!

- healthy, homemade vegetarian cooking
- not so healthy but homemade baking (especially cookies/bars and coffeecakes)
- crocheting
- helping my husband with his love for organic gardening and his love for
- golden retrievers. We have had 4: Solomon, Obadiah (Obey) while raising our two children, now Joshua & Caleb since our kids are on their own.
- memorizing Scripture, especially Psalms, most recently 119
- reading a lot on all Babylon's corruptions - most recently the corruption of YHWH's set apart appointments
- true classic movies - morally beneficial, superbly acted, captivating story

YHWH bless you all!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 7:53:58 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Swalchy wrote:

Robski plays a bit of chess - but he's no challenge :(

What he means is:

"Robski knows how the pieces move, and the basic rules."

:)

I have probably played chess for about 1hr in my entire life.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...