logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greatest I am  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:12:52 AM(UTC)
Greatest I am

Are the wages of sin death or pleasure and reward?

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I find this quote quite odd.

I do not know why all sins are performed but I do know that humans do not generally do what does not reward them somehow.

If sin were to somehow harm us or not reward us then it is not likely that we would do them.

I know that the sins that I have done were done for some kind of benefit, reward or pleasure for me.

I have sinned and am not quite dead yet so the above quote may mean spiritual or moral death.
Yet in many discussions, I find myself, to my way of thinking, often times in a more moral position than many believers. Strange.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

This quote seems to say that we all sin and will all repent and all get to heaven thus eliminating that immoral construct called hell.

Please do not think that I wish to promote sinning. I do not. Except for small ones.
I do so, and think we have to, to make the above quote true and would suggest that, not if, but when you sin, make them small ones.

Regardless of this fact, I pose these questions to you.

Are the wages of sin death or pleasure and reward?
Should we and do we all sin?
Is sin a requirement to enter heaven as the quotes above suggests?
Is this why God creates man with a sin nature that cannot be fought?
Is hell an immoral construct and thus non existing.

Regards
DL
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:06:41 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You have found a very interesting flaw in Christianity there.

Ok lets take this from the top. Sin, what is it? Breaking the precepts (or "law") of Yahweh, that is the definition.

Is sin measured? No. Sin is sin, there are no big sins or little sins - the spin that lying is a lesser sin than killing someone for example is human thought. You can't half break a precept, its either broken or not, if you break one you fall into the "sinned" category - there is no ranking in that category.

Does it matter if you sin and don't believe in the God who made the law up? no.

Does this being mind if you want to sin? no.

Should you sin? If you want to - its your choice.

Is sin a requirement to enter heaven? no. Is no sin a requirement? sort of.

Sin is the result of us going our own way - its fine but it wont lead us anywhere.

Yahweh in the form of Yahushua overcame the consequence of sin - but does that mean we should sin? no. Why? Sin or no sin was never something that enabled or blocked you from "heaven", and the removal of sin was a requirement not so people could enter heaven but so we could be made perfect so we could enter our fathers presence.

Where Christian religion promotes "be good, don't sin and love Jesus and you will get into heaven" - Yahweh in Scripture says "stand up and walk with me, know me and we will be walking together for a long time."

Salvation is a side effect of relationship. Sin had to be dealt with because no man could stand in the full presence of perfection (Yah) and live - that would be a rubbish relationship if you had to be kept in quarantine forever.

And the flaw I spoke of? What Christianity seems to miss is the fact that promote "the Torah has been done away with, we do not have to live like that now" and yet roll around in the guilt of their sin. Sin is defined by the Torah, remove it and you physically can not sin.

Your arguments are ridiculous and your use of random verses is even more so.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...