logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FF  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2007 6:35:53 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

Does the Bible really explain how old the Earth is or are Religious Scholars correct saying the Earth is about 7000 Years old? How can scientist say they found things billions of years old if the Earth is only 7000 years old?

I think I remember reading that Chinese writings are about 10,000 years old and maybe a form of early Hebrew.

So who is correct?

FF
FF
Offline visitor  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 6:09:18 PM(UTC)
visitor

The question you raised in one of the truly interesting (and exciting) insights that I discovered in YY. To quote:

Quote:
Speaking of timing, I will quickly dispel the misconception that Scripture says
that the earth is only 6,000 years old—a myth that is held by the majority of
Christians. In so doing, I hope to end the debate between science and creation.
The first three chapters of Yada Yahweh prove that both are correct. The universe
is around 15 billion years old and it took God exactly six days to create it.

I have included the links to the first three chapters below:

Chapter 1: Hayah - Existence http://www.yadayahweh.com/Yada_Yahweh_Genesis_Hayah.YHWH

Chapter 2: ’Owr - Light
http://www.yadayahweh.co..._Yahweh_Genesis_Owr.YHWH

Chapter 3: Chay - Life
http://www.yadayahweh.co...Yahweh_Genesis_Chay.YHWH
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2007 9:23:34 AM(UTC)
kp

It may be helpful to point out that the genealogical data in the Tanach (the numbers that Bishop Ussher added up to get the 4004 BC date for the creation of the universe, record the births and deaths of only one category of creation: humans equipped with a neshama---the "breath of life" God breathed into man, the one thing that set him apart from the animal kingdom (including any proto-humans Yahweh had introduced into the biosphere). The neshama---the "conscience," if you will---is that part of our being that allows us to be indwelled with a spiritual entity. When Adam and Eve (Chavah) ate of the forbidden fruit, Yahweh's Spirit departed from their neshama, and God's promise/warning came to pass: in that day they "surely died." 'Course, their bodies lived on (since they were still equipped with a nephesh, a soul, like any other animal) for hundreds of years. But their neshama had to be re-animated by the re-introduction of Yahweh's Holy Spirit (Ruach Qodesh), just as ours do today.

The point is, the 6,000 year (give or take) figure has nothing to do with the age of the earth or the universe. Ussher got close to the right date---but for the wrong thing. It marks the fall of Man--the beginning and impetus for Yahweh's plan of redemption. And That is why God gave us the creation account in terms of "six days." He was telling us, in a way that would be equally accessible to every generation of man, that we would have six thousand years to work it all out, after which He would give us one "day of rest" in which we would live and walk before Him---personally. After this the eternal state would commence, in which our mortality would no longer be a factor. That seventh day, by the way, will dawn in a little over 26 years! Ready or not, here He comes.

kp
Offline FF  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2007 10:05:51 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

KP,

Exceedingly Great background information, thank you for the answer and answering the call and hitting several home runs.

I was unaware of these details. But as soon as I read it BANG a real JOLT of revelation.

FF
FF
Offline Jeannie  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:36:08 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

I think one of the most amazing aspects of eternity is that there will be no need for the sun or the moon as there will be no night because He will be the Light!!! We won't have to waste time sleeping!!
Jeannie
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2007 12:33:44 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Jeannie wrote:
I think one of the most amazing aspects of eternity is that there will be no need for the sun or the moon as there will be no night because He will be the Light!!! We won't have to waste time sleeping!!
Jeannie

I like sleeping :P Duvets are soo warm and snuggly :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Ruchamah  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2007 6:43:50 AM(UTC)
Ruchamah

For an interesting view of the *timeline*, see Immanuel Velikovsky's books

1. Earth in Upheaval

2. Ages in Chaos

3. Worlds in Collision (using the histroical Exodus as a marker)

If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Offline Jeannie  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2007 5:09:18 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Ruchamah, I read some of him last night on line as some of his writting are free. Another read that is very good is David Flusser's Jesus.
Offline Ruchamah  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2007 6:09:25 AM(UTC)
Ruchamah

Jeannie,

Hey sis! Yes some of Velikovsky's works are available online. We recently were able to purchase the Ages in Chaos, but my hubby has finny-dibs on it, so i will read it soon!

Earth in Upheaval totally debunks evolution and is a masterful work!

But it is Worlds in Collision that, to me, is breathtaking! It is so refreshing to read a work from academia with an author who ASSUMES the truth of the historical Exodus.

I am not familiar with Jesus...can u tell me a little about it?

Thanks so much!
Ruchamah
Offline Jeannie  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2007 12:19:53 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Flusser writes about the historical "Jesus", the time, places and peoples. But not like anyone you have read before on this subject.
Offline Ruchamah  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2007 6:23:01 PM(UTC)
Ruchamah

thanks Jeannie!
I will look into it..
Ruch
Offline Jeannie  
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:24:33 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

This is a truly interesting book but the strangest part is that he is Jewish and not a believer!
Offline Koos  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:19:48 AM(UTC)
Koos
Man

Hi to you all,
The Yadayahweh Genesis exposition, Chapters 1,2 and 3, have been a thriller and I really thought that this could be the answer and what a brilliant explanation. And I still regard the rest of YY the whole truth and our Creator’s own word.
But I have this problem with regard to the human/scientific aspect of the Genesis revelation.
You might know that a certain engineer named Mark McCutcheon authored a new book
“The Final Theory – Theory of Everything”. I haven’t read it. He holds a combined Electrical/Engineering Physics degree with advanced elective courses in Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity. He claims that Einstein erred. Google has the particular websites and various articles have been written regarding this publication.
I realize Yada has based these first three chapters on Einstein’s theory which really makes sense to me as a novice.
We all grow and as we grow we develop, because we live. As a new comer – it would help me nothing to even try and read his book, but someone like Yada and his two engineer-sons will make sense out of it and they could enlighten us ordinary readers. I believe his two sons are specially interested in Einstein’s work and they might have already read this particular book. According to reviews this work changes all existing scientific theories.
I place an extract from a Time Magazine Article on the Theory of Everything just to wet your appetite.
"Yet, as eagerly anticipated as this final theory is, it is also a
very controversial and sensitive area for scientists, for several.
reasons. First, this state of affairs leaves our scientists in a
difficult position; on the one hand they are our science authority
and keepers of our knowledge, while on the other hand they are
searching for a theory that may well state that everything they
know is wrong. This is what is meant by a paradigm shift.
This literally means that, while Newton gave us a useful model
of gravity as an attracting force 300 years ago, it was not the
correct physical explanation for falling apples and orbiting
moons, compelling as it is. Also, Einstein’s alternate theory
of gravity -- warped 4-dimensional space-time surrounding all
all objects -- would only be another model, but not the true
description of gravity either. Even Benjamin Franklin’s theory
of static electricity and electric charge would also be entirely
re-explained by this new theory. Our very description of the
atom, from Bohr and Rutherford all the way up to today’s
mysterious quantum-mechanical theories would also be shown
as mere models of a deeper physical truth. And yes, our
mainstay of much futuristic science as well as science-fiction,
Einstein's Special Relativity Theory, would also be shown to be
a mere misunderstanding."
I have until recently – that is before I read chapters 1 – 3 of YY – believed in a very old earth which was recreated plus minus 6000 years ago. Dakes? Renowned commentator – Dakes Bible? whom I have diligently read and believed until very recently, also propagates that theory. That also makes sense. (Since YY there are numerous sections which I have marked in red which now falls away and which I regard as totally wrong. (I think if he were still alive to day he also would have changed his views after having been confronted with YY!)

Another website Christian Geology Science and Scripture – The Pre-Adamite World and Origin of Satan, a.k.a. Lucifer (also on google) gives a truly sensible explanation of the existence of a previous very very old world (billions of years) which was totally destroyed and then re-created by Yahuweh in 6 literal 24 hour days.

In any case, which ever scientific explanation should be the correct one, I don’t think it would change any of the prophetic truths as set out in YY – they stand.

Should you think that this is a worthwhile topic to proceed, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you for this forum.

Yah bless you.

Koos

Offline Theophilus  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:05:14 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Hello Koos, your post on The Final Theory made me curious so I started looking into this book. I found his website and an e-mail exchange that did not inspire confidence. While fascinated by the field I too feel that I lack the scientific training to evalute the material. His site does include a reader review section and a summary both of the book and of unresolved questions of the standard scientific model it did not go into suffiecent depth for me to comment on. I did find others who were skeptical or questioned the author's understanding of the standard model. I'll see if my library can get a copy as it may be intersting to see his theory when I have some free time. I'll post a couple of links for the curious:

http://homepage.mac.com/...e/ruske/finaltheory.html

http://www.thefinaltheory.com