logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:00:38 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I have a rambling to let out and I don’t intend to offend or create unease – if I do, I apologize, this is not my intent in the least

I’ve been thinking and tossing around in my mind with the differences in “what is Scripture”, “what manuscripts are legit”, translating, transliterating, names & titles, “to-Torah or not-to-Torah” , Shabat lunar or not, dating using which stage of the moon, ect.. ect.. ect..

There is MUCH MUCH more divisions and differences among those seeking God and Truth than there is commonality and like-mindedness.

This is Yahuweh’s best plan?
How He wants things to be?
Out of every possibility, this is His choice and desire?

Yes we have “free will” – but He did know the end from the beginning.

He knew what Adam and Eve were going to do

He knew what Constantine and the popes and King James were going to do

He did make us the way we are right –did He have latitude in this or did He just throw us in the hopper, letting chance play out, not truly having Sovereignty in the matter?

Didn’t He have the ability to adjust/tweek human’s traits abilities, and actions in Creating?

Yes, He gave free-will to corrupt His written Revelations of Him and humanity – but why did He make it about impossible for those seeking Him to definitively decide what to accept/believe/follow?

According to what is accepted as MessiYah defining the “Narrow Gate” to Him and Life (I don’t count this now as Life: it SUCKS) and how “few” would find it – this is HOW He WANTED it to be?

He wanted finding the “solid rock” sooo elusive, uncertain and frustrating where it all seems like sinking sand with different groups clinging to a different bigger chunk floating around?

He wants to designate His Feast Days – then have us so isolated and alone (1 person does not make for a feast) that they become more of a downer than an uplifter?

I just don’t understand

Even here at YY, the longer it goes - the more differences come about - just better about "agree-to-disagree" going on

He can’t be taking pleasure to see those seeking Him to be soo divided and at-odds?

Soooooo many people claiming to be led/indwelt by Him and His Set-Apart Spirit that are soooo contrary to each other it’s revolting to hear the claim
Action speaks louder than words - don't see many peoples character saying "I'm a living example of my faith in action" that is embracing
Here alot of "look at my beliefs, not me

Is He not all Powerful and Sovereign?

Has He just turned His back on us, waiting for the clock to run out?

I just cant understand
Offline Prodigal  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:36:07 PM(UTC)
Prodigal

Don't know if you intended on responses or not, but I'll have a shot.

I'm just getting my feet wet with all the new information in YY, but I'm pretty sure I've had a relationship (or at least the beginnings of one) with Yahuweh for most of my life. He's always felt close when I've needed Him and He's gotten me through some very difficult times. I've often thought similar things, especially after finding this site. I'll throw out my thoughts to see what others think (probably going to come off pretty disorganized, so I apologize in advance).

I often think about our relationships to Yahuweh through the context of His metaphors (mostly marriage and children; familial relationships, in other words). He gave us these metaphors for what He expects in our relationship with Him because He knew that however screwed up we could get, we have a pretty good concept (at least most of us) of what a properly functioning family is supposed to look like.

For example, place Yahuweh as a father (I know, difficult to imagine, but bear with me :). He adores us and loves to watch us grow and learn. He wants nothing more than to pick us up in His arms and give us a big squeeze. There are lots of things I could do for my kids that would get it done (homework, housework, etc), but they wouldn't learn anything in the process and they wouldn't develop into decently functioning adults (plenty of the other kind around anyways).

My 6 year old adopted daughter has a very sad past. Without going into the full story, she had severe brain trauma, was in 8 foster homes by the age of 11 months (one of which was abusive and neglected to treat a broken arm for almost 2 months), was thought to never walk, talk, potty train, or do any other of the normal things kids do. Today, she is in Kindergarten. She's walking and talking (and potty trained), she's ice skating, swimming, can write her name, and is slowly starting to learn how to read. If we just accepted her medical condition (and emotional problems from the early abuse and neglect), she wouldn't be doing any of these things. The struggles she has has forced her to succeed where everyone else thought she would fail.

I think that besides the whole "free will" thing (and that's a big thing, don't get me wrong), Yahuweh wants our journey to be difficult, probably the hardest thing we'll ever do. It is through that struggle that we come closer to Him than we ever could if this stuff was just spoon-fed to us.

He knew all of that was going to happen and I'm sure it broke His heart. And continues to break His heart, since He's always experiencing the past, present, and future. He would have loved to come down, scoop us all up, and hold us close to Him. But, there are many that would squirm as hard as they could to get out of that hug (I know what that's like; there's plenty of kids in foster care that can't stand to be touched). They don't know Him and don't trust Him.

He could have done something to prevent all of that, but then free-will would have been a farce (whether we knew it or not) and all His work for true, unforced, uncorrupted love would have been a farce as well. He had to restrain Himself until He knew all was lost (and that is coming, in about 16 years, if I'm not mistaken); until He knew that everyone left would either run the other way when He came, or come running up to Him like a child.

I've never been of the mind to think that Yahuweh requires doctrinal purity. No two of us will ever agree on everything. My brother and I have two similar, but probably different opinions of our earthly father. There is one of him, and one single reality of his being, but we each see different aspects of it. Same goes with Yahuweh. I'm sure He wants each of us to know Him entirely, but in our fallen state, I doubt that's possible. I don't like thinking of it as a threshold of understanding that we need to cross to "earn" salvation. He asks us to trust and rely upon Him and nothing else. The best I can do right now, since I don't have all the answers, is to pray that He guides me where He will and that in guiding me, He leads me closer to Him. Since finding this site, I've never felt closer to my Father, so I know I'm in the right place.

So much to learn and so little time to do it.

As for our differences, time will tell. We're all from different backgrounds, in different locations, and at different points along His way. It's almost certain we'll have differences of opinions about His Word. I'm sure the disciples had differences of opinions at times and they walked and talked directly with Yahushua. Some of us may be standing directly on the road, some just to the side, and others barely within sight of it, but we're all following His path. That path will surely narrow the closer we get to Him, and some of us may lose sight of the way altogether (we'll have to call out to eachother to find our way back). We've (or rather I've, since most of you have been here for much longer than I) just begun to scratch the surface of what Yahuweh has revealed.

Since it seems to be the most contentious thing around lately: the issue with Paul is near and dear to many of us. I understand Yada's thinking in being so callous in tossing him aside; he's found Paul to be unreliable. He's turning away from a man that is openly contradicting Yahuweh and, therefore, turning back to God. It still doesn't make it any more comfortable for the rest of us, as detached from religion as we like to think, to so quickly go to the same point. Personally, until I have had the time to sort through all of YY and TOM, I've got to force myself to withhold judgement on Paul; the little I've read and listened to sounds pretty damning, but I want to see all of it and try to dig up any possible defense. Debate can be frustrating at times, but it also forces us (if we maintain an open mind) to sort out the truth, whatever it may be.

Hopefully that rambling helps someone. All I got for now. Good night and Yah bless!
Matt
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:36:16 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Walt.

For some reason I didn't see this post until Matt replied.

I can completely relate to it. It's only on cold hard evidence and logic that I am really still here, because based on my experience as a Christian this is pretty crap.

As for the Paul debate; Yada is blinded by his passion and he is wrong on Paul's evil intent, he has not done enough research and has made a snap decision lots of Messianic s make. We can not trust Galatians and other of Paul's letters not because Paul was evil, but because he didn't write them. That is the only logical conclusion from looking at lot more of the evidence.

To be frank from what I can see we should not be trusting in the collection of writings that make up the NT almost at all, with some exceptions.

This path is tough for sure, maybe because we aren't used to it - we were never promised a limo-ride, but yea it's a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. Every point you made Walt, I can completely agree with - and I have felt/do feel or will feel again.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline danshelper  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:00:32 AM(UTC)
danshelper

I agree with all the sentiments expressed. Somehow too though, the more I struggle to find Him, the more I sense His worthiness to be struggled for. I get sick and tired of the process, my hands get raw from clawing and digging to uncover the treasure that He is, but there is no more worthy pursuit - anything else is senseless. Thanks for posting Walt - we fellowship in our struggle.

Offline James  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:09:16 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I feel for you Walt, I wish I could be there to celebrate with you. The only thing I can really say is the world is not what God wants of it, it is what man has made of it. God wants things to be easy for us, man has corrupted that. The adversary has done everything he can to cover up the truth, and he working through man is the reason that it is so hard to find.

The one thing that Yahuweh could and did do to help us, was repeat himself so often in His Word, so often that no matter how hard man attempts to cover it up, it is still there.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline danshelper  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:49:45 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Some other thoughts about fellowship -

In some ways it seems to me that the way we relate through this forum is more "Yah-like" than traditional fellowship - and it has some superior benefits.

1. We know each other spiritually. We are forced to "see and hear" with our minds and hearts rather than our physical eyes and ears - as we read what each one writes. We perceive one another through what we reveal through our words. We don't know unless we reveal it, whether we're male or female, black or white, young or old, married or single, like Scotch or wine! Because we "see" one another this way, our relationships are more like our Father and our relationship with him. He is Spirit and reveals himself to us through His Word and His Spirit - we see him and relate to him through our minds and hearts.

2. The sin nature is subdued so the (renewed) love nature is freed up. My sin nature to lust, covet, envy, idolize, flatter or lie is greatly diminished by the fact that I cannot see with my physical eyes or touch with my hands or speak with my mouth! This, to me, is a tremendous blessing. One of my frequent groanings in prayer is to know (experiencially) the reverse of the haunting statement in Genesis 6:5 - "And Yahweh saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." This way of relating to others gives me a slight glimpse of what that joyful, sinless reality will be like - when every inclinination of the thoughts of my heart will only bring Him joy, honor, praise and delight continually. With the sin nature subdued, I'm free to love and appreciate others more readily - rather than envy or be a people pleaser.

3. Yahweh is our Teacher. "They will all be taught be God." "... for you have one Teacher, the Messiah". As Ben reminded us in the Priorities thread, we cannot fully trust anyone. No one has a market on the truth except the Truth Himself. Least of all can I trust my own heart and understanding. "He that trusts in his own heart is a fool". The lack of physical fellowship forces us to allow Yahweh to be our Teacher. "My lips will pour forth praise, for You teach me your statutes." Psalm 119:171

I'm sure you all can think of other benefits - HalleluYah!
Offline Ben  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:47:14 PM(UTC)
Ben

This is what I remind myself of on a bad day, maybe it will encourage you as well:

"Blessed and happy, fortunate and good, prosperous and privileged are those who grieve and show remorse, lament and mourn, are sad and are in emotional pain, for concerning this, they themselves shall be exhorted and encouraged, admonished and consoled, comforted and given solace, strengthened and cheered up."
(MattithYah/Matthew Chapter 5 Verse 4)

Shalom,
Ben
Offline Walt  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:28:29 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

THANK YOU ALL

Some good words given here

We are not alone in this for sure - just distanced, apart and isolated to varying degrees

Maybe more focus on what (of Scripture) is true, reliable and trustworthy and less on the whos

Quote:
To be frank from what I can see we should not be trusting in the collection of writings that make up the NT almost at all, with some exceptions.

Actully Robskiwarrior, this is my position also,
I haven't listen to or read any of the QP going on so the details/opinions of the non-trustworthiness of Paul's writings hasn't been an issue

Just the variants of the NT writings is reason enough for me not to trust or rely on them
I will only look at the pre-Constantine manuscripts

To me the importance of those writings is to see that Yahushua fulfilled what was written
With this understanding, Torah/Prophets/Psalms is enough to KNOW Yahuweh - to bring in the NT writings into the equation just muddles things up

The Torah/Prophets/Psalms was sufficient enough for the early followers of MessiYah, it's still sufficient for us now - just have to weed out the coruptions
Offline Walt  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 8:00:24 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Last night was a great night for, lack of a better term, clearing out false expectations

I cover more in the QP topic, but Yada's conclusion of Paul as a false apostle made me reexamine a lot of things I expected or believed

christianity has created a huge mountain of false expectations

This whole "body of believers in unity" is a religious mirage that is never obtainable, and just saps the life out of you as try crawl through the hot desert sand getting to a watering whole that isn't there
That we will be "filled with power" and have the ability to walk pleasing without sin is an expectation that leads to frustration, let downs, disappointments and even depression as we struggle and fail - and that we must not love God because if we repented, we wouldn't still sin

How deep the tentacles of religion do run and root, even as I removed religious traditions from my belief system - the expectations and concepts of God they created still lingered: clouding, blurring, and altering the true picture

I now have a clearer understanding of all the divisions and differences that are like a trying to navigate a bumper car ride at an amusement park (except we don't have that rubber barrier so damage is done and injuries result)
It all is the result of bringing in outside (not of Yahuweh) concepts, understandings, beliefs, traditions, visualizations, & expectations

How many "promises of God" that originated from religion rather than the Torah/Prophets/Psalms still affect, cloud and blur our understanding and reliance of Yahuweh?

How much religious poison can we injest before it affects the health of our Yada Yahuweh?
How much religious toxins has been unknowingly blended into what we have accepted?

Religion is like barbed thorns in our skin: the area is tender and painful, when one tries to use the tweezers of Yahuweh's Truth to remove these thorns - they can cause sharp shooting pains
We can allow some or all the thorns to remain, thinking the pain of them remaining is more tolerable that the pain of pulling them out - but it becomes a constant area of irritation: allowing infection to set in
These thorns, each in their small prick - DO affect, to differing degrees, our spiritual health
But once the thorn is plucked free, even pulling with it healthy skin (relationships, practices ect..) the pain starts easing, healing starts taking place, tenderness and irritation go away

THANK YOU Yada for providing the tweezers to pull out the thorns
Thank overall to the others here for helping in pulling out the thorns
Offline In His Name  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 1:07:21 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good to hear Walt.

I have also come to a lot of clarity over the last few weeks, it is a wonderful feeling. I now find myself in eager anticipation of the upcoming feasts, not just the 'OK what am I supposed to do' of previous years.

The bedrock of this clarity is of course the WORD, and Yada and KP certainly have had a lot to do with my understanding of it.

But my strained marriage has also proved to be a point of clarification. Without a relationship with my wife, the things she does for me have meant nothing, I want the relationship not the works; I want the walls blocking me from knowing her heart to be knocked down, until then it means nothing if she tries to favor me. A couple of weeks ago it dawned on me that it is the same with Father Yah, He wants the relationship and without it the works mean nothing to Him.

In a desperate attempt to salvage the marriage, we attended a Christian marriage seminar. I was, quite frankly, pleasantly surprised at their use of Scripture, but beyond that the Christianity was very hard to take. They were accommodating to me not participating in some of the activities, but a lot of the talk and symbolism was obscene to my ears.

At some point all of this came together. Despite the fine interpretation and commentary by Yada and KP, I thought religion was just broken and if only we could fix the names and the celebrations, etc, all would be well. But religion is the problem not the symptom. Religion has the same basic 'gospel' that the torah does; they talk of relationship and walking with the L---. But religion is a wall blocking the relationship with YHWH.

YHWH wants our hearts(relationship), He wants us to walk with Him(honor is Way, keep His law, keep his Feasts!)

YHWH says keep the names of other gods off our lips; yet much of the common terminology christians use is just that; Jesus, Bible, Church, etc. - Exodus 23:13
YHWH warns us not to take up the ways of the pagan. - Leviticus 18:1-3
YHWH talks of the day when he is no longer called baal/lord -Hosea 2:16

I can be a little slow sometimes, this was perhaps one of those times. Or maybe it just takes time to clean out all of the crap before you can see the solid ground underneath. Either way I ditto Walt's sentiment, THANK YOU ALL!
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14