logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Matthew  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:37:45 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is it not possible to have the list of Active Discussions (as viewed on the home page) extended? At the moment there are only 7 displayed and I often see topics started that just disappear into history because people are posting in quick succession on other topics. I enjoy forums that have threads arranged by the most recently posted comment, in date order starting with the most recent. I like the current divisions arranged by topic, but do think the list of Active Discussions could be made to appear longer with more being displayed.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:51:24 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

no - the forum software is pap. lol

(seriously though I dont know :) )
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline In His Name  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:58:53 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Guest wrote:
Is it not possible to have the list of Active Discussions (as viewed on the home page) extended? At the moment there are only 7 displayed and I often see topics started that just disappear into history because people are posting in quick succession on other topics. I enjoy forums that have threads arranged by the most recently posted comment, in date order starting with the most recent. I like the current divisions arranged by topic, but do think the list of Active Discussions could be made to appear longer with more being displayed.

Hi Matt,

After you log in the light blue bar at the top of the page contains a link to active topics. From there you can change the parameter from today to 2 days, a week, etc. This is not exactly what you asked for but it is available.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:00:21 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In His Name wrote:
Hi Matt,

After you log in the light blue bar at the top of the page contains a link to active topics. From there you can change the parameter from today to 2 days, a week, etc. This is not exactly what you asked for but it is available.

Thanks, IHN. I didn't even know that link existed. I was looking for something like that.

Also, this edit button really annoys me, when someone edits a post it no longer shows recent posts under Active Discussions. A moderator edited my post, because I didn't use the edit button (purposefully I might add, so as not to lose posts under Active Discussions ;) ), and I also noticed my post count changed, I had 999 posts and after the edit some 956, I also noticed Active Discussions wasn't showing recent posts after the edit, or maybe it was someone else who edited their post causing the change.
Offline danshelper  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 4:49:59 AM(UTC)
danshelper

I posted a message under the "Sabbath" thread in the "Day of Rest" topic today and it appears at the end of the thread, but not as the "Last Post" or "Latest Posts" on the main page. I tried to send the moderator an email, but got an error message. Wanted you to know of the problem and please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks.
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 4:58:24 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
danshelper wrote:
I posted a message under the "Sabbath" thread in the "Day of Rest" topic today and it appears at the end of the thread, but not as the "Last Post" or "Latest Posts" on the main page. I tried to send the moderator an email, but got an error message. Wanted you to know of the problem and please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks.

I saw it too, then it disappeared from Active Discussions. I gathered you edited it for some reason. BTW: I haven't read the booklet/article from the link you provided.

I try not edit, even when I realise I have grammar errors in my comment. I use the preview button before posting to try and make sure my post is grammar free and has all I want to say.