logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greatest I am  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:35:51 AM(UTC)
Greatest I am

Is God limited in influence and authority?

Main Entry: 1om·nip·o·tent
Pronunciation: \-tənt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin omnipotent-, omnipotens, from omni- + potent-, potens potent
Date: 14th century
1 often capitalized : almighty 1
2 : having virtually unlimited authority or influence <an omnipotent ruler>
3 obsolete : arrant

In heaven before the earth was formed Satan wanting to be God would explain Satan's motivation for rebellion but what was the draw for the 1/3 of his fellow angels?

They could not be said to want to be Gods because they would be just exchanging one God or master for another. What motivated them to turn from God?

If God has unlimited influence, one would think that He could influence more than 2 out of 3 of His angels and the vast majority of humans yet most think that hell will be more populated than heaven and that God loses more souls than he wins.

Can you tell us what happened to His virtually unlimited authority and influence over the 1/3 of angels that would not accept this authority?

His unlimited authority and influence seems to be limited 2/3 of angels and some would say, most of mankind is also unaffected by His great influence and they certainly do not give Him authority.

Further, do you know why God would bring these traitors to earth to pester mankind instead of sending them straight to hell?

That seems like rather a strange move and history has shown it to be rather unprofitable for both God and man.

Regards
DL
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:11:28 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
No where does Yahuweh claim omnipotents. In fact Yahuweh makes it quite clear that He limits himself.

As for the 1/3 of the messengers that followed Halal Ben Shachar, we are not told why they followed him, but my guess would be they thought he would win and they wanted to be on the winning side, or perhaps like many men they were duped. I don't really know why they chose to follow him, it's really unimportant.

As for why God didn't confine them to Hell for eternity, because for us to choose Yahuweh we need to have an alternative, a not Yahuweh if you will, Halal and his followers provide that.

But the crux of your argument is faulty, Yahuweh never claims omnipotence, that is a man made belief. I might be wrong, but I don't think there is even a Hebrew word for omnipotent, could be wrong, but I have never seen one.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand