logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sevensup  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 5:16:35 AM(UTC)
Sevensup

Good morning everybody. Hope u all had a grand and peaceful Sabbath. I'm preparing for Passover, but have a question or two, and appreciate any comments/help.

When we remove leavening from our homes, does that include any food containing oats, wheat, any grains, pasta, etc? I understand removing baking powder, baking soda, but am not clear on the grains and such.

Also, does this removal of yeast apply to pet food?

Is wine permitted for the Passover meal? I've read conflicting opinions, and personally think kosher wine is ok, but wanted imput from you all who know more than I do.

I've started making a binder of the YY amplified verses covering the TP and P to make it easier to compare with several versions of the Bible I have. It's a great way for me to review the YY chapters.

HAGD everyone. Looking forward to today's broadcast.
Offline edStueart  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:57:17 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Sevensup wrote:
Is wine permitted for the Passover meal?

Permitted? It is required!

There is no way 'grape juice' could be used at a springtime festival, as the grape crop is harvested months before. Only wine would be fit for human consumption that long after the harvest, grape juice would be putrid by spring.

To my Southern Baptist friends who say "Jesus didn't drink wine", I say: "No, 'jesus' did not drink wine, but The Messiah did!"
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:03:00 AM(UTC)
kp

While I applaud efforts to literally comply with the requirements of the Torah (which were admittedly far simpler in Moses' day) let us not forget the figurative, symbolic meaning behind the rite: removing leaven is a clear and unambiguous picture of ridding ourselves of the sin in our lives, its corrupting influence, its insidious nature. As a little leaven affects the whole loaf, a little sin affects the whole life. Positionally, of course, Yahshua's sojourn in the tomb on the prototypical Feast of Unleavened Bread removed the sin from our lives, if only we'll "eat of His flesh," that is, assimilate His Spirit into our lives, being born from above, as He put it. But on a practical level, let us use the Feast as an occasion for self examination: what has crept into our lives that is a corrupting influence? Let us identify it and rid ourselves of its curse. (...he said to the mirror.)

kp
Offline In His Name  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:05:33 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Whew!!

Thanks KP!

I was afraid the neighbors would turn me in for slaughtering a lamb in my backyard. ;)

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline J&M  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:58:06 AM(UTC)
J&M

Hi
Thought you might find this of interest.

http://groups.yahoo.com/..._korner_news/message/477

It's info on the moon and barley in Israel.
Offline J&M  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:18:00 AM(UTC)
J&M

OOPS
I forgot to say.....

Happy New Year for tomorrow evening the 1st of the 1st month ( aviv)
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:23:31 AM(UTC)
kp

Quote:
I was afraid the neighbors would turn me in for slaughtering a lamb in my backyard.

Maybe they would, IHN, but they'll really think you're nuts if you try to eliminate the sin from your life.

kp
Offline In His Name  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:43:29 PM(UTC)
In His Name

kp wrote:
Maybe they would, IHN, but they'll really think you're nuts if you try to eliminate the sin from your life.

kp

No doubt! I will not be facebooking myself sweeping the cupboards with a feather looking for those last rements of yeast.

However, I will be in deep reflection and prayer looking for them in my heart.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline bitnet  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:52:50 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Missed you guys dearly! Been waaaay toooo busy with things that do not really matter over the past month... like setting up PCs for friends. I just received an email from a friend here:

Quote:
Shalom all,

this sunset will begin the Scriptural new year (Rosh HaSahnah) and the counting to the spring feasts. let us rededicate our temple (life) and tent of meeting (household) to be ready as Shem (Exo) 40, 2 Dibre (2 Chron) 29 for the coming moedim (appointed times) with our MASTER.

We had planned to have the Passover dinner on the night of 30 March based on the dates published by Yada, but it seems to be pushed back a day later. Anyway, what this also means now is:

Quote:
Shana Tova v'Chag Sameach (Happy new year and joyful feasts days)
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline James  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 6:01:00 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
kp wrote:
While I applaud efforts to literally comply with the requirements of the Torah (which were admittedly far simpler in Moses' day) let us not forget the figurative, symbolic meaning behind the rite: removing leaven is a clear and unambiguous picture of ridding ourselves of the sin in our lives, its corrupting influence, its insidious nature. As a little leaven affects the whole loaf, a little sin affects the whole life. Positionally, of course, Yahshua's sojourn in the tomb on the prototypical Feast of Unleavened Bread removed the sin from our lives, if only we'll "eat of His flesh," that is, assimilate His Spirit into our lives, being born from above, as He put it. But on a practical level, let us use the Feast as an occasion for self examination: what has crept into our lives that is a corrupting influence? Let us identify it and rid ourselves of its curse. (...he said to the mirror.)

kp

Great post Ken. Your right if we were all to remove as much sin from our lives as possible it would really freak out our friends and family.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Juski  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:44:35 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hello Sevensup

For us the most important thing is really what it is symbolic of, more that getting everything perfect - which we can't do anyway! We don't eat yeast but carry on with oats, etc. I don't have a massive clean out of all yeast products because I don't have the time and don't really want to chuck perfectly good food away but we don't buy any during the feast and use up what we can from the cupboards before it begins. For our family eating 'flat bread' is a really big thing and the kids have really come to understand what Unleven Bread is about through such a simple change.
Offline Matthew  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:51:18 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I can just imagine how my unbelieving wife would react if went through her kitchen cupboards and binned all items that contained yeast! She would give me one helluva beating. Instead I'll be using the time to investigate my own life and the life of the Messiah and what He accomplished.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:47:04 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Matthew,

I do exactly what you describe -- leavened stuff goes in totes Abib 1.

My experience has been that the beating only comes the first year.
The second year, she starts baking like mad to use up all the yeasted products before they get pitched.
And then, when she asks you to get the "Spring Decorations" out of storage, VOLUNTEERS to get rid of the ones that say Happy Easter.

Hallelu-Yah, I am so grateful.
Offline In His Name  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:16:24 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Since few of us are able to bring a lamb into their home 4 days before passover, I thought I would provide a virtual lamb for us to become attached to. BAAA