logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dugdoo56  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:52:51 PM(UTC)
dugdoo56

Hi one and all. Something I have been wondering for a while is...how old would Paul have been when he supposedly had his "experience" with Yahushua? Is it possible that he would have been alive when Yahushua was with the Disciples? Could he have watched and listened to His teachings or have been one of the Pharisees debating with Him. That may not be right as the other Disciples would have recognized him though...although they did fear him originally as one persecuting The Way.
Any thoughts?? Regards..DD
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:08:23 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
That would take some research to determine. He studied as a kid under Gamiel, so he would have been young when Gamiel was alive, so if you could determine when Gamiel was actively teaching that would give you an idea.

Another thing making it difficult, is Paul's chronology varies in different accounts, so we don't know a lot about the timing of events in his life, and really it seems some of the events might never have happened.

I would doubt that he was one of the Pharisees, since he states at one point that when he went to Jerusalem that they didn't know his face, plus if I am not mistaken, Paul was never a Pharisee.

I would doubt also that he would have been listening to Yahushua, if he had, he might have quoted him at least more than once. Plus Paul was big on securing his credentials, so had he spent any amount of time listening to Yahushua teach, I'm sure he would have told us about it.

I think given the timing, he would have been alive while Yahushua was teaching, we know that he did meet with Shimone , and Ya'acob. So unless Paul was significantly younger than them, he would have been alive then.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:03:54 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As far as we know Paul never once saw Yahshua in the flesh, excluding his Damascus Road experience.