logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shohn  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2007 7:47:45 AM(UTC)
shohn

Okay, I've got another one. I'm sorry I keep asking these things, I'm not trying to cause trouble, but hopefully the asnwers here will answer someone else's questions eventually!

A letter from Pontius Pilate that is in some museum in London is referenced as another source to verify the 33 CE timeline. Just about everything I've looked up on this letter indicates that it was forgery. What lead to the conclusion that it wasn't or that it was authentic?
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:18:19 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I was curious about this one as well. It is interesting that the letters date does seem to fit the 33CE timing and even if not genuine was written by someone much closer in time to these events than ourselves.

The confirmation I thought was more compelling was the calulations for the feast of Passover and the proximity to the Sabbath day. These being based on a lunar calander are more certianly determined. If you've not done so already you might check the exchange KP and I had in the "Calulating Ancient Days" thread. While there are differences in method that argue for either Friday April 1st or 3rd, this first Friday in April 33 CE does match the proximity to the Passover and Sabbath day referenced in the renewed covenant accounts.