logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:22:16 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Here's a test for all you guys with your Logos software: what was Yahweh trying to tell us in Ezekiel 4, especially verse 9-12?

ISR wrote:
Eze 4:1 “And you, son of man, take a clay tablet, and you shall lay it before you, and shall inscribe on it a city, Yerushalayim,
Eze 4:2 and shall lay siege against it, and build a siege wall against it, and heap up a mound against it, and set camps against it, and place battering rams against it all around.
Eze 4:3 “Then take an iron plate, and set it as an iron wall between you and the city. And you shall set your face against it, and it shall be besieged, and you shall lay siege against it. It is a sign to the house of Yisra’ĕl.
Eze 4:4 “And lie on your left side, and you shall put the crookedness of the house of Yisra’ĕl on it. As many days as you lie on it, you shall bear their crookedness.
Eze 4:5 “For I Myself have laid on you the years of their crookedness, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days. And you shall bear the crookedness of the house of Yisra’ĕl.
Eze 4:6 “And when you have completed them, you shall lie again on your right side and shall bear the crookedness of the house of Yehuḏah forty days, a day for a year. I have laid on you a day for a year.
Eze 4:7 “Then you shall set your face toward the siege of Yerushalayim, with your arm bared, and you shall prophesy against it.
Eze 4:8 “And see, I shall put cords on you so that you do not turn from one side to another untill you have completed the days of your siege.
Eze 4:9 “And take wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and spelt. And you shall put them into one vessel, and make bread of them. You shall eat it, as many days as you lie on your side, three hundred and ninety days.
Eze 4:10 “And your food which you eat is by weight, twenty sheqels a day, to be eaten from time to time.
Eze 4:11 “And drink water by measure, one-sixth of a hin, to be drunk from time to time.
Eze 4:12 “And eat it as a barley cake. And bake it, before their eyes, on human dung.”
Eze 4:13 And יהוה said, “Even so the children of Yisra’ĕl shall eat their defiled bread among the gentiles, to whom I drive them.”
Eze 4:14 Then I said, “Ah, Master יהוה! See, I have never defiled myself from my youth till now. I have never eaten what died of itself or was torn by beasts, nor has unclean meat ever come into my mouth.”
Eze 4:15 And He said to me, “See, I am giving you the dung of cattle instead of human dung, and you shall prepare your bread over it.”
Eze 4:16 And He said to me, “Son of man, see, I am going to cut off the supply of bread in Yerushalayim, and they shall eat bread by weight and with fear, and drink water by measure and with dread,
Eze 4:17 so that they lack bread and water, and shall be appalled with one another, and be consumed in their crookedness.

What I like about this passage is that it confirms that the Torah should be viewed as being symbolic and metaphorical in nature, each item representing something as demonstrated here by verse 5, in this case a day being equal to a year.

So what's up with Ezekiel 4?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:17:51 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
interesting challenge :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...