logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:26:57 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I came across this summary of a US intelligence report on projected / predicted use of nuclear weapons and thought of the time-frame and the wars / terrorism described in and increasing before the Tribulation. I wasn't sure if this would be more appropriate in Prophecy of News, but since it is a projection / prediction I opted for this folder:

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AFP) – The use of nuclear weapons will grow increasingly likely by 2025, US intelligence predicted Thursday in a report on global trends that forecasts a tense, unstable world shadowed by war.

"The world of the near future will be subject to an increased likelihood of conflict over scarce resources, including food and water, and will be haunted by the persistence of rogue states and terrorist groups with greater access to nuclear weapons," said the report.

"Widening gaps in birth rates and wealth-to-poverty ratios, and the uneven impact of climate change, could further exacerbate tensions," it concludes.

Called "Global Trends 2025 - a Transformed World," the 121-page report was produced by the National Intelligence Council, a body of analysts from across the US intelligence community.

It has good news for some countries. Among its conclusions:

-- A technology to replace oil may be underway or in place by 2025;

-- Multiple financial centers will serve as "shock absorbers" of the world financial system;

-- Global power will be multipolar with the rise of India and China, and the Korean peninsula will be unified in some form.

But the report also says some African and South Asian states may wither away altogether, organized crime could take over at least one state in central Europe; and the spread of nuclear weapons will heighten the risk they will be used.

"The likelihood that nuclear weapons will be used will increase with expanded access to technology and a widening range of options for limited strikes," it said.

The report highlighted the risk of a nuclear arms race in the Middle East where a number of countries are thinking about developing or acquiring technologies that would be useful to make nuclear weapons.

"Over the next 15-20 years, reactions to the decisions Iran makes about its nuclear program could cause a number of regional states to intensify these efforts and consider actively pursuing nuclear weapons," the report said.

"This will add a new and more dangerous dimension to what is likely to be increasing competition for influence within the region," it said.

The report said it was not certain that the kind of deterrent relationships that existed for most of the Cold War would emerge in a nuclear armed Middle East.

Instead, the possession of nuclear weapons may be perceived as "making it safe" to engage in low intensity conflicts, terrorism or even larger conventional attacks, the report said.

"Each such incident between nuclear-armed states, however, would hold the potential for nuclear escalation," it said.

The spread of nuclear capabilities will raise questions about the ability of weak states to safeguard them, it said.

"If the number of nuclear-capable states increases, so will the number of countries potentially willing to provide nuclear assistance to other countries or to terrorists," it said.

"The potential for theft or diversion of nuclear weapons, materials, and technology -- and the potential for unauthorized nuclear use -- also would rise," it said.

The report said terrorism would likely be a factor in 2025 but suggested that Al-Qaeda's "terrorist wave" might be breaking up.

"Al-Qaeda's weaknesses -- unachievable strategic objectives, inability to attract broad-based support, and self-destructive actions -- might cause it to decay sooner than many people think," it said.

"Because history suggests that the global Islamic terrorist movement will outlast Al-Qaeda as a group, strategic counter-terrorism efforts will need to focus on how and why a successor terrorist group might evolve during the remaining years of the 'Islamic terrorist wave.'"

The report was vague about the outcome of current conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan and nuclear armed Pakistan.

In 2025, the government in Baghdad could still be "an object of competition" among various factions seeking foreign aid or pride of place.

Afghanistan "may still evince significant patterns of tribal competition and conflict."

"The future of Pakistan is a wildcard in considering the trajectory of neighboring Afghanistan," it said.

Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:41:31 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

How do we get a copy of this report? Should be an interesting read. Meanwhile, does anyone notice the types of programs that are consistently being shown on Discovery, NatGeo and History? It seems to revolve around historical and current warfare, weapons and self-defence, and natural or man-made disasters. I suppose that that sums up the human experience in a nutshell but I can't help the feeling that we are being warned or mentally prepared for the coming troubles.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 1:48:04 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

bitnet wrote:
Shalom,

How do we get a copy of this report? Should be an interesting read. Meanwhile, does anyone notice the types of programs that are consistently being shown on Discovery, NatGeo and History? It seems to revolve around historical and current warfare, weapons and self-defence, and natural or man-made disasters. I suppose that that sums up the human experience in a nutshell but I can't help the feeling that we are being warned or mentally prepared for the coming troubles.

Hello Bitnet,

I did a quick search for this report: Global Trends 2025: A Transformed World and found a link: http://www.dni.gov/nic/NIC_2025_project.html. Near the top of the page is link to the report itself. It runs 120 pages and appears to my eyes to be a PDF. I hope that this helps.
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 3:22:19 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From the above article wrote:
"Because history suggests that the global Islamic terrorist movement will outlast Al-Qaeda as a group, strategic counter-terrorism efforts will need to focus on how and why a successor terrorist group might evolve during the remaining years of the 'Islamic terrorist wave."

In YY Letters on Sept 11 Yada responsed to a guy, EF, who said 8e6 Techonologies (M86 Security) have blocked POD access at his friend's work due to spreading "information on the hate and discrimination that is contained within the cult of islam":

Yada wrote:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We know that the site is blocked for the US Military and in China, but we had not seen evidence of it being blocked elsewhere.

So in other words, America, and the West, cannot understand the "how and why" terrorists are inspired to do what they do because they've blocked access to that which exposes the source of terrorism. America could easily wipe out Al-Qaeda but without attacking the source, the Quranic scriptures, they allow Islamic terrorism to continue flourishing.

Just a pity this intelligence council haven't studied history (which an intelligence agency should do) because then they'll know that Muhammad was a terrorist and gave birth to Islam through terrorism.

General knowledge quiz:

How was Muhammad made victorius?
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 6:02:51 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
article wrote:
"Because history suggests that the global Islamic terrorist movement will outlast Al-Qaeda as a group, strategic counter-terrorism efforts will need to focus on how and why a successor terrorist group might evolve during the remaining years of the 'Islamic terrorist wave.'"

If they would focus on this, namely the highlighted portion, they would have the answer to “how and why a successor terrorist group might evolve”. As well as the answer to what they need to do to stop it.

But I guess common sense is to much to ask for from our government.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand