logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline James  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 7:38:36 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Here are a couple of interesting articles.

http://www.sltrib.com/ne...49171?_requestid=5883011
This is about a video that was shown to Elementary students, featuring a series of actors stating pledges that the kids should take. Among them are
I pledge to:
to only flush the toilet after a number two never a single
not to use plastic bags
to be of service to Barack Obama
to be a servant of the President

to be fair they weren't all bad, on for example was to be an American not an African American, but the majoriity where pretty appalling, mostly dealing with environmentalism.

http://www.ibdeditorials....aspx?id=336782907866273
A Senate bill lets the president "declare a cybersecurity emergency" relating to "nongovernmental" computer networks and do what's needed to respond to the threat. Didn't they just collect our e-mail addresses?
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline edStueart  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 1:21:04 AM(UTC)
edStueart

James wrote:
Here are a couple of interesting articles.

http://www.sltrib.com/ne...49171?_requestid=5883011
This is about a video that was shown to Elementary students, featuring a series of actors stating pledges that the kids should take. Among them are
[snip]
to be fair they weren't all bad, on for example was to be an American not an African American, but the majoriity where pretty appalling, mostly dealing with environmentalism.

Watched the vid. I was not appalled by the pledges. These "Hollywood-types" are in need of something bigger than themselves to believe in, and they chose something only a little bigger than themselves to believe in: Captain Planet and the Planeteers (BHO and the US Congress).

The only "pledge" that was incorrect was Cameron Diaz' assertion that 'we are on this planet, forever'. Speak for your self, skinny, white girl! Some of us have a trip planned in about 17 years (give or take a few years), but we would do well to leave it in better condition than we got it.

There is nothing wrong with not using plastic bags from the grocery store: A cloth - reusable bag puts NO money into the pockets of the Arab oil sheiks from the second use onwards. Turning off unused electric lights puts no money into the pockets of the Arab oil sheiks. Driving in a manner that conserves fuel puts less money into the pockets of the Arab oil sheiks... (Can you see where I am going with this? ;-) )

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 5:36:15 AM(UTC)
James
Man

edStueart wrote:

There is nothing wrong with not using plastic bags from the grocery store: A cloth - reusable bag puts NO money into the pockets of the Arab oil sheiks from the second use onwards. Turning off unused electric lights puts no money into the pockets of the Arab oil sheiks. Driving in a manner that conserves fuel puts less money into the pockets of the Arab oil sheiks... (Can you see where I am going with this? ;-) )

I agree there is nothing wrong with doing these things, but brainwashing our kids into doing them, turning environmentalism into a moral value, meanwhile our kids can't learn to stand up to evil opressive regimes like Islam. My problem is that it gets our priorities way out of whack.

You mentioned Captain Planet, I remember that show, didn't they talk to he "goddess' Gia?

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 7:52:33 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:05:11 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Is that your pledge Robski?

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 1:12:04 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

This is my pledge. And I will buff everything up to a military shine!
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:53:13 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Rob, I take it Juski's got you on your hands and knees making the pledge on a weekly basis?
Offline In His Name  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2009 3:33:28 PM(UTC)
In His Name

edStueart wrote:

STOP!STOP! You are talking too much sense here. Reuse a bag?? Shut off a light? Drive conservatively?? Where is your humanity, where is your consumerism, where is your al-gore-ism??
*What will GM do if you don't buy a new fuel efficient car (oh yeah, they dont make many)?
*What will China do if you don't buy their mercury laden energy efficient bulbs?
*What will AlGore do if you don't need to buy energy credits to offset your carbon footprint?

PS. I am hoping for taking a few years off of that 17 you mentioned!
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14