logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline edStueart  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 3:44:38 PM(UTC)
edStueart

Okay, sports fans, get out your King James Versions and note the translation of Isaiah 34:7
Quote:
7And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

Now go look at Numbers 23:22 and Psalms 22:21.

Unicorns!

This was pointed out to me by a Muslim that I was debating. It was a good thing that I had my "sword"s right on my desk (DSS and CJB) and they both translate it as "wild oxen". Much more believable than unicorns.

What was even more interesting was the footnote in the DSS Bible that says
Quote:
From the end of verse 9 through the end of verse 10 the punctuation of 1QIsa show that the series of clauses was intentionally divided in a way different from that chosen in the Masoretic Text

This will be no surprise to YY'ers, as Yada and KP have pointed out that the MT has many intentional changes, but I found one all by myself! A trivial one, but one that is right there in black and white!

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 6:17:28 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

C'mmon ed... next you'll be telling me that them porpoises with a point -- a horn on their forehead -- don't exist! And that you can't ride wild asses to heaven. You're ruining all my fairy tales, ed! How's a guy gonna know what's real and what isn't? Sigh!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.