logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FF  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2007 4:19:57 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

I was looking for a reference Yada made on one of Daniel Ott's program ON THE EDGE AM about a translation which reintroduced Yahweh and Yahshua in to the scripture.

Here it is thanks to KP.

Hi, FF:
"The Scriptures" is a translation published by the Institute for Scripture Research in South Africa. Try this link:
http://www.isr-messianic.org/ I think that'll tell you what you need to know.

kp
FF
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 2:29:40 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yea its nice to read the names, although I think it does have other errors as far as I can remeber, although I cant remeber specifically what :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Devildog  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 6:22:49 AM(UTC)
Devildog

I own a copy of this "Bible". Yes, it is nice that they returned the names to their rightful place, but I wish they would have transliterated them like they did every other name in the text. They say they didn't transliterate the Father and Son's names into English because "we decided to avoid controversy". Meanwhile they spell Isaiah's real name as "Yeshayahu". Also, Rob is correct. There are several other errors but I think that it is about as good as we can get right now(to my knowledge). Well, unless ya just read the verse out of YY or amplify it for yourself. I'd suggest just taking them out of YY if they are there, because Yada uses an arsenal of tools that most of us don't have. He does the work for us- and wonderfully. If we could only fill in the blanks, so to speak, and amplify the verses Yada doesn't, after YY is complete, what a wonderful "Bible" that would be, huh?.