logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RidesWithYah  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 1:18:17 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I've really enjoyed this series of books,
and am wondering if others have found them and care to comment.
Very persuasive, and effective at outreach to my Christian family and friends.
Seems we have a lot of common ground with Todd, and his writing is excellent.
Law and Grace, Book 7 in the series, is a good place to start if you haven't already read them.

Found them on amazon.com, nazirite.net, and shemayisrael.net (Todd's page).
Offline lassie1865  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 10:48:18 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Greetings friends,

I was reading Todd Bennett's website about how to set the dates for the Miqra'y, etc. His dates are all different???

Blessings,
Lassie1865
Offline Walt  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 4:00:40 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I have 2 personal issues with his site:

He charges for his books

He sells a health product by making a claim you are obeying Yahweh by using it
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 5:22:39 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Walt wrote:

He charges for his books

Haven't really check the site out yet, but I would have to agree that these make me question anyone's motive. Now even someone with a bad motive can get some stuff right.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Walt  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 8:51:36 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Quote:
YHVH has commanded us to guard our lives, to protect, to safeguard, to preserve them, and to help provide health and wellbeing for our children and children’s children.

Listen, and give heed, O Israel, to the statutes and ordinances which I teach you, and do them, that you may live… keep them and do them, for that is your wisdom and your understanding… take heed, and guard your life diligently all the days of your life; and make them known to your children and your children’s children… (excerpts from Deuteronomy 4 1-3, 5-9)

Shema Yisrael has found a way to help you carry on this positive commandment… to live the life YHVH intended for you… a life that is healthy, strong, and vital… and to pass that heritage on to your children and your grandchildren.

Shema Yisrael is an independent distributor of Life Force International, a producer of a whole raw food supplement that meets the criteria of being Biblically Kosher according to Genesis 1:11 & 29 and Leviticus 11.

Quote:

Help us finance our publications while keeping the command to guard and preserve your life, and also those you love and care about… Listen to a short audio about this amazing product or view the video
Offline edStueart  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 2:41:13 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Walt wrote:

He charges for his books

What is wrong for charging money for books?

Nothing wrong with charging money for vitamins, either, as far as I can tell, and eating kosher stuff IS being obedient to the dietary laws...
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Walt  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 3:55:21 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

As I said, they are issue I have.

If a book about Yahweh is FROM Yahweh, then what right does a person have attaching a price tag to receive that knowledge or revelation.

"Buy my product and you are being obedient" isn't a line that gets me to buy something, sounds like most every other "be healthy" product being hocked out there.
Are we going to attach the "obedient to YHWH" to all the good healthy food?

I'm sorry I'm so skeptical, but when I see someone selling health products and attaching a "spiritual" significance to it - my warning bells turn me away.
And it DOESN'T tell you what's in it???
Offline edStueart  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 4:03:56 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Walt wrote:
Are we going to attach the "obedient to YHWH" to all the good healthy food?

Sure, why not?
;-)
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline RidesWithYah  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 4:29:17 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Glad to hear Todd is around...

If a book about Yahweh is FROM Yahweh, then what right does a person have attaching a price tag to receive that knowledge or revelation.

Because instead of doing other things to feed his family, he's researching and writing a series of books.
What I've read so far is worth every penny I've paid (and yes, I would have paid for a printed copy of YY or TOM.)

And though I haven't audited his finances, his description of Shema Yisrael makes me think he's doing worthwhile things with the proceeds, not looking to get rich.

What I'm mosted interested is commentary on the contents -- have you read them?
Do you agree?
Where is he wrong?

I've found the books VERY well written, and extremely helpful in communicating with my "churched" friends and family.

Offline Walt  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:33:24 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

RidesWithYah wrote:
Glad to hear Todd is around...

Because instead of doing other things to feed his family, he's researching and writing a series of books.
What I've read so far is worth every penny I've paid (and yes, I would have paid for a printed copy of YY or TOM.)

And though I haven't audited his finances, his description of Shema Yisrael makes me think he's doing worthwhile things with the proceeds, not looking to get rich.

What I'm mosted interested is commentary on the contents -- have you read them?
Do you agree?
Where is he wrong?

I've found the books VERY well written, and extremely helpful in communicating with my "churched" friends and family.

Of course I haven't read them - I gave my reasons for being put off.
The requirement to give money before reading a book about Yahweh is a big turn off for me.

If YY had required money for me to read them I wouldn't be here - but they DON'T, and playing "what if" is a pointless waste of time.
Why doesn't Todd put his work online for FREE as YY does, no printing costs there.

I'm sorry, but my standards dealing with this issue is an important one to me - call me wrong or whatever, but I stand by them.
We ALL have values, standards and judgments that we don't pull from Scripture.

Did Paul or any of the others "charge" as a requirement for getting their writings?

Would it then be as equally OK to charge someone a "fee" to disciple someone? after all they need to cover their expenses?

I look for people (like Yada and KP) who are more concerned with getting the Word out then getting the finances working.

Will I "miss" so good writings with my view?
Maybe so

But is Yahweh going to withhold knowledge of Himself because I wouldn't pay a required upfront fee?

Am I less of a "brother" for my stand?
Offline Matthew  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 3:22:00 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Walt wrote:
Why doesn't Todd put his work online for FREE as YY does, no printing costs there.

I'm thankful that YY, etc. are available for free and that Yada and KP are really involved with us, their listerners and brothers in Yahweh. I would pay for a book-copy of their books as I find reading online quite annoying, I prefer reading on the couch with a cup of coffee than before a PC, plus I can't take my PC everywhere, like on a train trip or on the bus.

For me to print out the whole book of YY, etc. on my own would, and has, cost a lot (ink and all), probably twice as much as buying from a book seller. So the fact one needs to order a book of Todd's is not really so much of an issue, as it would probably be somewhat cheaper to order than print out for oneself. Yes I have been tempted to buy his books via Amazon, but I have to pay twice for it because I can only order from overseas and shipping costs far more than the book itself, therefore I resort to what I have ...and that's whatever I can find freely available on the Internet.

Books such a "Fossilzed Customs" by Lew White and "Come Out Of Her My People" by CJ Koster are available online in PDF. I haven't read them yet but apparently they're good as well.
Offline Walt  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 5:33:40 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

To clarify, I would have NO issue paying for a printed copy IF it wasn't the only means of obtaining the info - like they put in online for free as a pdf file.

If Yada Yahweh had printed copies to sell as well as the free online - I would buy printed copies to GIVE people.
If YY was needing $$, I would send money to help keep this awesome resource available.

I have NO issue with buying books, or helping $$ wise to get TRUTH out, I have an issue putting a price tag as a precondition to get the info - it restricts access to others in need of TRUTH.

"I've got some great insights into God, I'll share it for a small fee" thinking has made me tiresome and skeptical - it's the world's way.

I have bought (and now thrown away) more christian books than you can shake a stick at.
I have wasted countless $$ and time supporting "in the name of jesus" garbage.
Helping ministries get out the (corrupted, deceitful) word by giving $$ and volunteering time (I use to be a volunteer truck stop chaplain with transport for christ, and a volunteer with gospel for Asia)

If Todd's (or someone else) was putting out TRUTH for free, and was in need of $$ help to keep it going, I would GLADLY help support and do what I could.

I think in my mind as I look at resources like YY:
What is the bottom line? Getting out the TRUTH or getting costs covered.

There are lots of jaded people seeking TRUTH, and seeing a price tag as a precondition has them pass on by without a close second look.

I thank Yahweh for people like Yada and KP and their desire to serve Yahweh by sacrificially getting out TRUTH in a clear, understandable, nonreligious way.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 5:39:17 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I hear what you are saying Walt :)

Maybe even donations would be more appropriate - who knows - I don't so my discussion ends here lol *shrugs*
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline James  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 7:35:29 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Personally I'm not going to make a yeah or nay simply based on he is selling something, but I do tend to be a little more on guard, but if good is done for the motive of profit, good is still done. If some one cures cancer just for the glory, and money, I'm still grateful they cured cancer.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand