logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kp  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 4:51:16 AM(UTC)
kp

Have you guys (and gals) ever heard of the Irish "Saint" Malachy? (1094-1148) He is said to have received a vision listing the final 112 popes, starting with Pope Celestine II in 1143, assigning each a motto or phrase which was to be descriptive of them in some way. For example, Pius II, who reigned for only 26 days in 1503, was aptly described as "De Parvo Homine" (from a little man). His family name was Piccolomini, Italian for "little man." Or how about Clement XIII (1758-69), who had conenctions with the government of the Italian state of Umbria and whose emblem was a rose, was called by Malachy Rosa Umbriae, the "Rose of Umbria."

The interesting things are that (1) Malachy's mottoes have proven to be (factoring in their vagueness) pretty accurate, and (2) there is only one pope left on his list after the current pope, Benedict XVI, who was described by Malachy as "The Glory of the Olive." The 111th prophesy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The Order of St. Benedict predicted that this Pope would come from their order. Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, would triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its fight against evil. (choke, cough) Ratzinger (Benedict XVI) chose his papal name (partially) after the Benedictine order---the "Oliventans."

And the "last" pope? He is described by Malachy as PETER THE ROMAN. The 112th prophesy states: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End."

The "end" indeed.

kp

Offline sirgodfrey  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 5:44:03 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Wow, dude that is VERY interesting. Wow.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 5:59:06 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I looked into it a little and it seems in some circles folks believe that "Gloria Olivae" & "Petrus Romanus" are the same person.. meaning Benedict XVI is the last pope.. either way it is interesting.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:15:33 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I've heard of this for a while now, but never really looked into it too much, but I do think the timing is pretty good, considering we don't really have much time left for more than two Popes. I've heard that some of the descriptions are pretty accurate.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:41:23 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I suppose that if the next pope is named Peter then the alarm bells should ring out loud! ;-P If there is a syndicate creating popes based on this prophecy, I take off my hats to them for continuing a hoax over the past few hundred years. Seems worthy of another Da Vinci novel.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:41:39 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I've heard one theory that states that the last Pope will be so arrogant that he will take the name Peter, but this theorist also claims that the Pope will be the False Prophet, which if I understand right must be of the land, AKA a Jew. And if he is Peter the Roman, it's kinda hard to be a Jew, but then again he might have an Italian father and Jewish mother, or vice verse.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:18:50 AM(UTC)
kp

There has never been a Pope named Peter (since the "first pope" wasn't the Apostle Simon Peter, Catholic lore notwithstanding). So you'd have to be thoroughly arrogant to take the papal name Peter, wouldn't you?

kp
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2009 2:30:33 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
At least this St Malachy prophecy confirms the RCC missing the Rapture. Though it was pretty obvious ;)

Nice find kp!