logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:16:04 AM(UTC)
ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε

Hello, everyone! I've heard about this Babylonian king Hammurabi (around 1728 – 1686 BC) and his set of laws. I also heard that he supposedly received them from a sun god and that these laws were similar to the 'Mosaic' Laws. I've researched those claims and it seems to me that they don't prove much about the alleged similarities. But if anyone can refute these claims, I'll be thankful.

PS: I also read somewhere that in the upper part of the stele of Hammurabi's code of laws, Hammurabi is depicted as holding a mask in front of his face because of the light of the sun god.
Offline In His Name  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:46:35 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There is a thread started here:
http://forum.yadayahweh....253_Hammurabis-code.aspx

it may give you some direction.

But, why be concerned with a sun god when THE SON GOD is so close?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:27:46 AM(UTC)
ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε

Thanks for the information. Sometimes I focus too much on searching for information, refuting Satan's lies and theories, which can be harmful if you spend too much time on it. I wasn't so successful in debunking this theory so I asked for help. Thanks again, and yes you are right, nobody needs a fake god when there is the One True God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! Praise His Name!

Peace
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:49:23 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε wrote:
Thanks for the information. Sometimes I focus too much on searching for information, refuting Satan's lies and theories, which can be harmful if you spend too much time on it. I wasn't so successful in debunking this theory so I asked for help. Thanks again, and yes you are right, nobody needs a fake god when there is the One True God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! Praise His Name!

Peace

I gather that you've found the answers that you were seeking in the linked thread? If not please let us know and we can discuss further.
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 3:29:38 AM(UTC)
ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε

Well, I found some pretty good answers, but it'll be nice if more information is presented, so yes, I'll be glad if the discussion is continued.
Offline In His Name  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:59:50 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε wrote:

Peace

Sorry if my comment sounded critical, it was meant to be cute not condeming.

My thought (and there is a thread starting about this topic on the forum) is that satan has knowledge of the future. If that is true it would be easy for him to play his favorite trick and carry information ('laws') back to the past and implement them in corrupted form. This has been my internal justification for the cross being used by the sun god religions, making it such a problem today since the 'Christian' religions have adopted the cross rather than the upright pole the scripture speaks of.

Without this explanation there is just too much coincidence for me to accept.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:43:18 AM(UTC)
ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε

No problem. I've thought about this. Personally, I don't think Satan has knowledge of the future, I mean that he can't somehow foresee the future (but I may be wrong about this). I think he knows how things are going to happen because, of course, he has access to Biblical prophecies and also plans things ahead in time. I'm not sure what are the coincidences you're talking about but I too think that Satan always forfeits things, he's such a copycat. I, personally think that Jesus was crucified on a cross, but I agree that it is a pagan symbol (I think it was a symbol of Tammuz) and it so sad so many people carry around these little pagan crosses around, thinking that it's somehow Christian.

Offline StuDent  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:05:06 PM(UTC)
StuDent
Man

Welcome to the forum Maverick. I do hope you stick around. The conversation does remain civil and anyone who is sincerely seeking truth has been warmly welcomed here,in my experience.

I also probably spend too much time devoted to uncovering lies,and counterfeits instead of trying to live a more pleasing life to Yahweh.It is where my conscience leads me often of late and I believe is key to understanding the system we live in today. It is so hard for me to explain to others.Most here see the Babylonian influence on mans religion and how these pagan traditions have been handed down over thousands of years,with a slight rework by the Romans.It's everywhere you look, and disgusting when you know the truth.

What I have trouble getting others to realize is the the link to our nation state, our laws of commerce, our sovereignty, and practically our entire system(govt/lawyers-judges/merchants) is rooted there, again with a slight improvement(for them) via Rome.

I sent Yada an email with some of these thoughts and he's planning on talking about them on tomorrows blogtalk program. I hope it provides me some confirmation that I am not losing my mind.Jury's still out on that one.Hope you can listen.

I have another link to a translation of Hammurabi's code here. After only a quick glance it appeared to be quite different than the one linked to in the thread IHN refered you to.

I'm sure a closer look at the etymology and translation would reveal much more about our adversary.It kinda stuck in my mind all the reference to him being the sixth king, after learning what #6 represents in Yahweh's plan and timeline. Six is nothing without adding the one.

Enough of my rambling, I hope you find the truth that you seek.
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:18:35 PM(UTC)
ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε

Thank you for the information. I too think paganism has a strong influence on today's system, that's probably because Satan's still Satan. I hope I can listen to this blogtalk program.
Offline kp  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2009 12:50:44 PM(UTC)
kp

A quick glance at Hammurabi's list of laws reveals them to be the simple attempt of a totalitarian ruler to impose some order on his society---brutally. Their "style" is satan's to a tee: top down control---step out of line and I'll squash you like a bug. Although they address some of the same issues as the Torah (see theOwnersManual.net) Hambone's solutions are nothing like those of Moses. A few examples to compare---Hamhock's code says:

If any one steal cattle or sheep, or an ass, or a pig or a goat, if it belong to a god or to the court, the thief shall pay thirtyfold; if they belonged to a freed man of the king he shall pay tenfold; if the thief has nothing with which to pay he shall be put to death.

If the purchaser does not bring the merchant and the witnesses before whom he bought the article, but its owner bring witnesses who identify it, then the buyer is the thief and shall be put to death, and the owner receives the lost article.

If any one is committing a robbery and is caught, then he shall be put to death.

If any one take over a field to till it, and obtain no harvest therefrom, it must be proved that he did no work on the field, and he must deliver grain, just as his neighbor raised, to the owner of the field.

If a merchant entrust money to an agent (broker) for some investment, and the broker suffer a loss in the place to which he goes, he shall make good the capital to the merchant.

If any one "point the finger" (slander) at a sister of a god or the wife of any one, and can not prove it, this man shall be taken before the judges and his brow shall be marked. (by cutting the skin, or perhaps hair.)

If the "finger is pointed" at a man's wife about another man, but she is not caught sleeping with the other man, she shall jump into the river for her husband.

If any one be captured in war and there is not sustenance in his house, if then his wife go to another house this woman shall be held blameless.

If a man wishes to separate from his wife who has borne him no children, he shall give her the amount of her purchase money and the dowry which she brought from her father's house, and let her go.

If a man take a wife, and she bear him no children, and he intend to take another wife: if he take this second wife, and bring her into the house, this second wife shall not be allowed equality with his wife.

If a "sister of a god," or a prostitute, receive a gift from her father, and a deed in which it has been explicitly stated that she may dispose of it as she pleases, and give her complete disposition thereof: if then her father die, then she may leave her property to whomsoever she pleases. Her brothers can raise no claim thereto.

I could go on, but you get the idea. Any resemblance between the Code of Hammurabi and the Torah is strictly coincidental.

kp