logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Prophet speaks  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 6:43:28 PM(UTC)
Prophet speaks

KP recently I keep seeing a reoccuring theme when it comes to his take on prophecy. The concept of the church being raptured away and a 7 year tribulation period is what I do not "get".

My questions are thus:

1. In a nutshell what is happening in the first 3 1/2 years of this 7 year tribulation time in your opinion. Or, why is there 7 years of tribulation?

2. When does the Ekklesia get taken off the earth? At the start of the 7 years, the midpoint of the 7 years, or at the end of the 7 years?

3. What scriptures can you use to back this up?

My first postings on this site had to do with end times prophecy. I do not intend in this post to go through the whole scenario as I see it unless it comes to this. The point here is to see if there is something I did not see. Why do you folks believe in a 7 year tribulation and a rapture of the church when scriptures to me say otherwise?

(As much as I love you guys take on religion, government, etc., I lose it when you talk about typical Christian dogma such as rapture. Show me the Rapture!)
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 4:10:17 AM(UTC)
kp

Fair questions all, PS. I'll try to answer as directly (and succinctly) as I can.

1a. What is happening in the first 3 1/2 years of this 7 year tribulation? First, a period of false peace and optimism. The antichrist's (who at this point is only a national-level leader from Europe) peace plan is hailed as a diplomatic miracle, and the world relaxes. Israel has been made "secure" on paper, but has been thinned back to her original anorexic borders. The temple is rebuilt and Levitical worship resumes. Then, about a year +/- into the Daniel 9:27 treaty, the unified Islamic world, led by Gog (the Mahdi) will invade Israel, starting an ever expanding regional war, a war that quickly goes global---and nuclear. Israel's miraculous preservation reintroduces her to her God, Yahweh. The world economy collapses. When it's all over, the world "elects" the antichrist as it's universal dictator. The "abomination of desolation" takes place 30 days before the midpoint, which is marked by the cessation of temple sacrifice and the flight of Israel's remnant into the wilderness, where it will be protected by Yahweh for the second 3 1/2 years.

1b. Why is there 7 years of tribulation? The Tribulation is defined by the last "week" of Daniel's chapter 9 seventy weeks/sevens prophecy. Technically, it's not seven years, but precisely 2,520 days---seven "times" of 360 days each (reverse engineered from the 69 "weeks" between Artaxerxes' decree to rebuild Jerusalem (Neh. 2) and the Triumphal Entry of Yahshua).

2. When does the Ekklesia get taken off the earth? At the start of the 7 years, the midpoint of the 7 years, or at the end of the 7 years? None of the above. The ekklesia is caught up on Yom Teruah, the Feast of Trumpets, in some year prior to the commencement of Daniel's 70th week. It has to be before the Trib begins, because Paul revealed that it would happen before the AC is revealed, and the "covenant with many" of Dan 9:27 will "out" him, even if nothing else does. The two events are never linked chronologically in scripture, but since (if my observations are correct) the Millennial reign of the Messiah will begin on the Feast of Tabernacles in 2033, we're quickly running out of possible dates.

3. What scriptures can you use to back this up? Many of the salient scriptures are covered in FH chapter 8: Getting All Caught Up. But note that the typical Christian take on this thing (that of being "rescued" by God from all the nastiness of the Tribulation) is only a byproduct of Yahweh's real purpose. Remember, it's the fulfillment of Yom Teruah: the whole point is not so much our escape, but our transformation---whether dead or alive, we'll shed our mortal bodies and acquire immortal, spiritual bodies, as Paul described in such detail in I Corinthians 15. It's the harvest that was promised by Yahshua's resurrection on the Feast of Firstfruits. With that in mind, I'd suggest reading TOM Vol. II Chapter 10: Dates of Destiny--Future Tense, where I explore the OC usage of the word teruah. I found the study a real eye-opener.

The rapture is everywhere you look, if you're looking not for a way for the ekklesia to weasel out of its responsibilites, but for God's plan for transforming us into creatures who can physically dwell in His presence forever. Our mortal bodies were never designed to do that. Yahweh has planned for the transformation from the very beginning.

kp
Offline Prophet speaks  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 4:59:50 AM(UTC)
Prophet speaks

I have a few comments, but first a few questions for clarification.

When you reference Paul's comments what verses are you looking at? 2Thess ch. 2? Also there is a verse that talks about the restrainer being removed. Are you referencing that also?

And according to what you stated the church is taken away before this 7 year period which does imply a "rapture" if you will even though you are not calling it that. Correct?

I will go look up the reference you made in TOM and get back sometime later today.

[NOTE: Okay, in TOM you DO reference 2 Thess2:7-8. I am still reading]

[QUESTION...Where in TOM do you equate the Feast Days to the 2nd Resurrection? Most of what you are suggesting here is that the Feast Days seem to encompass the 1st Resurrection. What part of the Feast days do you say relates to the 2nd resurrection?]

PS

Oh, and Swalchy...you seem to be paraphrazing for me again. I have not stated what you implied yet. I DO believe there is a harvest of souls. However, I see it at a different point in time. But that is not important yet. I want to look at this 7 yr. period for a second and then this removal of the Ekklesia first.
Offline Prophet speaks  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 5:33:27 AM(UTC)
Prophet speaks

What? Most Christian dogma says there is a pre-tribulation rapture or a mid-tribulation rapture. Just ask Jack Van Impe. I see a POST tribulation rapture. An event that happens in just a day or two. We can discuss this later.

But I want to clarify KP's position as I mentioned above. Where in his Feast Days analysis is the 2nd resurrection? What I think he is saying is that the Feast Days, from Passover to Sukkoth, is all about the 1st resurrection. Correct?
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:35:54 AM(UTC)
kp

Gee, this forum is getting to be like the ocean: you can't turn your back on it for a minute, or it'll get away from you :-)

Okay. The "rapture," as Swalchy noted, has become a technical term used to describe a particular future event described by the Greek word harpazo in I Thes 4:17 (and again, descriptively, though the word isn't used, in I Cor 15:52. The fact of this event is undisputable (if you claim to trust scripture), so the only unresolved issue is when it will take place.

Post Trib rapturists (like you, I'm presuming, PS---correct me if I'm wrong) tend to see the pre-trib rapture position as a scam, a dodge, an abdication of of a believer's responsibilities: it's just too easy, too good to be true (kind of like being saved through grace alone). When I set out to write FH, I determined to set aside everything I'd ever been taught on the subject (including the pre-trib rapture) if I found that the scriptural evidence supported another view. I must tell you, whereas it used to be my "blessed hope" and lightly held opinion, the doctrine of the pre-trib rapture is now my unshakable belief.

The post-trib rapture has several fatal flaws. (1) It's adherents are forced into a salvation by works scenario. The only criteria by which one is said to escape the wrath of God during the second half of the trib is to refuse to take the mark of the beast. But there is no similar "work" prescribed for those who live and die prior to this time. (2) They are forced to describe the Great Tribulation as something less than a time of Yahweh's wrath (which it clearly is), for God has not appointed us unto wrath (I Tim 5:9). (3) If God intends to miraculously shelter His ekklesia from harm until the end of the Tribulation, then who are the mutitudes of martyrs seen in heaven during the Tribulation (Rev 6:9, 7:14, etc.)? Yahweh's pattern, as demonstrated in the case of Lot (cf. Luke 17:28) is to remove His people before He sends His wrath, not protect them in the midst of it. (4) The II Thes 2:7-8 thing that you mentioned. If the "restrainer" is not the Holy Spirit (who can't be removed without taking the ekklesia out, for the HS dwells within us), I have yet to hear one plausible theory as to who it might be. The only one I've ever heard that makes any sense at all is that the restrainer is the Church. But if God's Spirit still dwells within believers today, it's all the same thing: the restrainer will be taken out of the way before the Antichrist is revealed, leaving the post-trib theory high and dry.

All that being said, there will be a second "harvest" of the souls of the tribulation martyrs sometime before the Millennial Kingdom begins. And although it isn't spelled out in scripture, there has to be another one transitioning Millennium believers who have died into the immortal state at the end of the Millennium. But there is only one miqra designed to celebrate the principle of bodily change into the immortal state: the Feast of Trumpets. Which brings up another fatal flaw to the post-trib position. If the rapture is at the end of the Tribulation, then we know precisely when it will be: the Feast of Trumpets in 2033---September 24, a fact which flatly contradicts the principle that "no man knows the day or the hour..."

kp
Offline Prophet speaks  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 2:16:54 PM(UTC)
Prophet speaks

Okay I see. I'll post a comment Sunday since I hurt my back today. Rev 6 and 7 huh? You know, this could get involved and I am just easing back to "chatting". Oh well.

(I rerranged my office today and wrenched my back. It even hurts to sit in the chair. Did I pick up a demon?)

:) manana. (Not mannah, but manana as we say in Texas).

Oh, and Swalchy, here is a link for Jack Van Impe. Some people simply love this guy. Enjoy! ? ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD_6-e48Sto

Offline Prophet speaks  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 5:50:38 PM(UTC)
Prophet speaks

But what KP is saying is that there most definitely is a rapture of the church for a 7 year period. Or a harvesting I gues she calls it. The church is pulled out of the earth before the 7 year contract. Correct? Is that not pre-tribulation rapture or did I miss what he said? He said...Yahweh's pattern, as demonstrated in the case of Lot (cf. Luke 17:28) is to remove His people before He sends His wrath...Is this not pre-trib rapture?

But, there is so much to say regarding this whole timeline. I tried to explain this once before. When KP says he is influenced by Rev 7 I can understand the problem. Also, I think his Feast idea is slightly off. The resurrections are implied in the Feasts. But we see it differently.

So where do I start? Well I can tell you this...when you read Rev 6 and then read Rev 7 it is natural to assume the 2 chapters are in timeline with each other. Thus you see seals being opened (6), then you see people coming out of tribulation (7:14), then you see more seals being talked about (8). It is natural to think 7 is in between 6 and 8 in order to show what KP sees - protection.

This is not what is going on. Ch. 7 has nothing to do with any action between ch. 6 and 8. It is 2 different events - one of what happened before ch. 6 (the sealing of Israel) and one of what happened after the tribulation. How it got stuck in ch. 7 I have no clue. In 7:14 it tells us they have come out of great tribulation, but things are just getting started.

Look - I really don't want to go into this again unless someone really wants to hear it and I know you an KP probably do not. It gets long and involved. But I will lay down my premise to you once again...

1. A contract is made for 7 years. This simply starts a 7 year period. there is no tribulation yet. The first 3 1/2 years of this are peace and contentment. Why does anyone need to leave the earth yet? And what would we be doing in heaven? Those comments in Rev are from entities commenting in heaven describing what they are seeing on the earth.
2. The agreement is broken and the abomination of desolation is setup. This happens in the middle of the 3 1/2 year period.
3. Once this happens the Tribulation starts for a 3 1/2 year period. Yashua allows the earth to be ravaged. We see the 2 witnesses emerge, Israel gets taken care of TO THE WILDERNESS WHERE A PLACE HAS BEEN PREPARED - not to heaven. And Israel comes OUT of tribulation.
4. When Yashua returns the tribulation is over.
5. He destroys evil in the world. this is an exact copy of the first Passover as we saw in Exodus. The Israelites were Passed over due to the blood of the lamb and end the end times the new Isrealites will be passed over since they will be sealed as is stated in Rev 7.
6. He cleanses Satan. this is analogous to the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Getting sin out for 1,000 years.
7. On the third day he raises the dead and those in christ join him. This is analogous to Firstfruits.
8. In 4 days + 50 days something else happens. Possible the rest are resurrected that are in the first resurrection. I cannot say for sure what happens on the 50th day after the Passover days, but something must.

But at this point we have seen the fulfillment of the Passover feast and feast of Pentecost. It is the 2nd resurrection that takes place that is the fulfillment of the Fall Feasts.

Anyway, as much as I can agree with a lot of KPs writings on the Law and other things I cannot believe when we are so far apart such as this. And as far as 2thess goes...I want to post the Message Bible here...

2Th 2:3 Don't fall for any line like that. Before that day comes, a couple of things have to happen. First, the Apostasy. Second, the debut of the Anarchist, a real dog of Satan.
2Th 2:4 He'll defy and then take over every so-called god or altar. Having cleared away the opposition, he'll then set himself up in God's Temple as "God Almighty."
2Th 2:5 Don't you remember me going over all this in detail when I was with you? Are your memories that short?
2Th 2:6 You'll also remember that I told you the Anarchist is being held back until just the right time.
2Th 2:7 That doesn't mean that the spirit of anarchy is not now at work. It is, secretly and underground.
2Th 2:8 But the time will come when the Anarchist will no longer be held back, but will be let loose. But don't worry. The Master Jesus will be right on his heels and blow him away. The Master appears and--puff!--the Anarchist is out of there.

Just because the anti-christ is being held back does not mean that when he is let loose that the Holy Spirit will be leaving those sealed with it. He does not take the Holy SPirit(s) off the earth since there are people, believers, on it fighting and witnessing and being beheaded.

Offline bitnet  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 7:13:21 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

It's obvious that PS has not read the YY books in its entirety but wants to engage in discussion from and about his viewpoint. He has reorganised Revelation to present a story that is supposedly engaging and accurate (in his opinion) but we have not read it or cross-referred to scores of other Scriptural passages. I'd sorta like to read what PS really wants to say out of curiosity, but I find it difficult to accept much of what he has written so far in that there are too many differences in his understanding, from the Ruach haQodesh through the Miqra'ey to the time of the end. Even quoting JVI as a source for understanding Christianity is far out!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Prophet speaks  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:59:19 PM(UTC)
Prophet speaks

Well - I just wrote a nice reply and it did not post and I lost it.

Look, Jack VI is an idiot. Enough said.

And I read KP's Mosaic Law analyses. I understand how he sees the Feasts even though you imply I did not read it. And am I supposed to just accept it? Has his theory ever been challenged or did you just take it at face value? Do you even know what the questions are? :)

I enjoy reading KP's writings. I learned a lot from his Mosiac Law post (I cut it out of a bigger post I think). But there are some things that he says that sound wonderful that I think are not accurate. One has to do with the feminin Holy Spirit. One has to do with how he sees the Feast days and their relation to end times. And thus we are having chats.

You haven't seen the next questions that are coming. One of them concerns the name Yahweh. We need to discuss how you guys view this name I think. You are missing the point of who Yahweh is actually. :) (really).

But lets finish end times. I am really busy right now and did not want to get too involved, but you guys are a hoot I guess so lets rumble. And I am not looking for converts - just trying to explain what scripture is saying to me of all people.

What do you want to do Bitnet? Go deep into Revelation? I tried that once before.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 9:12:15 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Prophet speaks wrote:

You haven't seen the next questions that are coming. One of them concerns the name Yahweh. We need to discuss how you guys view this name I think. You are missing the point of who Yahweh is actually. :) (really).

I would be interested, as long as you don't say He is a little green man sitting on Venus :) Plus it might be a better place to start. Maybe a new topic is in order...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 4:52:48 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
TOM #569:

Quote:
(568) A leprous house defiles. “When you have come into the land of Canaan, which I give you as a possession, and I put the leprous plague in a house in the land of your possession, and he who owns the house comes and tells the priest, saying, ‘It seems to me that there is some plague in the house,’ then the priest shall command that they empty the house, before the priest goes into it to examine the plague, that all that is in the house may not be made unclean; and afterward the priest shall go in to examine the house.” (Leviticus 14:34-36) We’ve moved from skin afflictions and apparel infections to “sick building syndrome,” yet another metaphor for spiritual sickness. For convenience, we’re calling all of this stuff “leprosy,” though there’s obviously a lot more than one physical malady in view. Here we see a new wrinkle: Yahweh Himself is said to be afflicting the house with the leprous plague, and the homeowner is expected to notice it and report it to the priest. This may seem odd, until we factor in Proverbs 3:33. “The curse of Yahweh is on the house of the wicked, but He blesses the home of the just.” Obviously, a “house” here is a symbol for something larger—where we live, expressed in broad strokes, our whole socieo-economic-religio-political world.

Following the symbols to their logical conclusion, we see that the believer is to be cognizant of his surroundings, the society in which he lives. If he sees “a plague in the house,” (and who could miss the signs of spiritual disease in our world today?) he is to report it to the priest. That’s a picture of prayer, for the priest was the divinely appointed link between God and Man. The priest (and remember, our High Priest is Yahshua) first “empties the house,” that is, he takes out those within it who remain undefiled. Interestingly, he does this before the stones of the house are subjected to examination, to testing or trial. Could this be another subtle indicator of a pre-tribulation rapture? I believe it is. On reflection, it seems this whole passage is eschatological in nature (not that I was sharp enough to catch it when I wrote Future History).

Note that the occupant is not to (1) tear down the house himself, (2) ignore the problem, (3) become tolerant of it, or (4) defer to the opinion of his neighbors or the government—human wisdom, such as it is. No, he is to go to the priest—that is, to Yahshua. But wait—we’ve already established that the plague is Yahweh’s doing, sent in response to our society’s wickedness. Are we supposed to appeal to the One who sent the disease in order to be kept out of it? Yes, we are. See Revelation 3:10 if you don’t believe me.

The continuing instructions explain (sort of). “And he shall examine the plague; and indeed if the plague is on the walls of the house with ingrained streaks, greenish or reddish [the colors of Islam and Communism—a coincidence?], which appear to be deep in the wall, then the priest shall go out of the house, to the door of the house, and shut up the house seven days.” Is what seems like a problem really a problem? Only time will tell. The “seven days,” while generally metaphorical of God’s perfect timing, might possibly indicate the seven years of trial the earth will experience after the godly inhabitants have departed—a time known as the Tribulation. Note that during this time, the Priest (symbolic of Yahshua) is “out of the house,” a condition that cannot come to pass as long as His people still inhabit the planet. As we saw before, isolation, separation, holiness, is part of the formula. The godly inhabitants of the “house” are not to be exposed to the potential threat while its true nature is yet fully undetermined. They are to be set apart from the world.

“And the priest [ultimately, Yahshua] shall come again on the seventh day [yeah, I read about that somewhere: it’s the ultimate Sabbath—the Millennial reign of Christ] and look; and indeed if the plague has spread on the walls of the house, then the priest shall command that they take away the stones in which is the plague, and they shall cast them into an unclean place outside the city. And he shall cause the house to be scraped inside, all around, and the dust that they scrape off they shall pour out in an unclean place outside the city. Then they shall take other stones and put them in the place of those stones, and he shall take other mortar and plaster the house.” (Leviticus 14:37-42) Here’s the bottom line. If an idea is truly toxic, the Priest (Yahshua) will, after giving it time to show its true colors, remove its presence and consign it to an “unclean place outside the city” (for its practitioners, metaphorical of hell). Thus doctrines like Ba’al worship, rabbinic Judaism, apostate “Christianity,” Islam, and atheistic secular humanism will all appear in turn, poison their respective societies, and be removed from the house on the “seventh day,” unceremoniously scraped off and hauled away. But Yahweh doesn’t intend to leave gaping holes in the house of human society. “Other stones”—true believers, even if they weren’t originally part of the wall’s construction—will be brought in as replacements: it’s the Church of Repentant Laodicea. And the “plaster?” I believe this white, opaque coating is analogous to the garments of light God’s children will wear in His Kingdom—imputed righteousness.

I also like verses 46-47: "Anyone who goes into the house while it is closed up will be unclean till evening. Anyone who sleeps or eats in the house must wash his clothes. People who do not get removed before the Tribulation will still be able to come to salvation. However, they (Laodiceans) will need to put effort in and buy gold from Yahweh refined in fire so that they can become rich, and buy white clothes to wear to cover their shame, and buy salve to put on their eyes so that they can see (Revelation 3:18). These, the lukewarmers (Revelation 3:15-17 and Matthew 25 and the foolish virgins who didn't keep their Oil levels checked), that miss the Rapture are given a second opportunity, albeit having to face the Mark of the Beast, amongst other issues.

The Rapture has even been discussed within the Torah.
Offline James  
#12 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 8:21:15 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
PS, just a quick question, have you ever listened to Irvin Baxter? A lot of your End Time idea seem similar to his, and he is based out of Texas. Just curious.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Prophet speaks  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 1:14:09 PM(UTC)
Prophet speaks

[GUYS - SORRY, BUT I HURT MY BACK AND CANNOT SIT. i'LL BE BACK IN A FEW DAYS. SORRY]

PS
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#14 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 9:57:10 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Prophet speaks wrote:
[GUYS - SORRY, BUT I HURT MY BACK AND CANNOT SIT. i'LL BE BACK IN A FEW DAYS. SORRY]

PS

Owch yea, I've been there dude, get better soon :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 2:00:49 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Hey, hey... who yer callin' old? I'm still young... below the age of 80... before middle age! Proof? I still play video games! Hahaha! Berated for it, but a man's gotta have a hobby...
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline James  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:07:29 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Swalchy wrote:
I'm on a forum full of old people :(

Hey, I'm only 26 and I hurt my back so bad that I had to lay flat for 3 days, after I helped a friend move from a 3rd floor apartment a few weeks ago, just me and 1 other guy.

Pain is Pain I don't care how old you are.

I feel you PS, hope it gets better, Icey Hot patch works well.

Edited by user Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:48:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand