logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Wow
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline StuDent  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:36:08 PM(UTC)
StuDent
Man

Kavya and the Bee

Posted by Joanna Weiss
May 28, 2009 08:46 PM

Kavya Shivashankar is the coolest cucumber in all of spellingdom. [b]The 13-year-old took her trophy in the Scripps National Spelling Bee, spelling the letters of "Laodicean" calmly into her left hand as she said them aloud on the Washington, D.C. stage. Her victory capped what has come to be surprisingly fascinating TV, a celebration of brainy kids who spend inordinate amounts of time studying the dictionary, and are rewarded with fame and respect.

link

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. (Revelation 3:14-19)
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:40:49 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yea I laughed when I saw that too lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...