logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline In His Name  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:26:26 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just a thought for you to prepare for the final Taruw’ah:

Quote:
After the Rapture: Orlando man will deliver messages to those left behind

By Jeff Kunerth | Sentinel Staff Writer
5:53 PM EDT, May 15, 2009

UserPostedImage
Atheist Joshua Witter sells cards to Christians that he will deliver to those left behind after the rapture. (Roberto Gonzalez, Orlando Sentinel / May 15, 2009)

There are those who believe in the Rapture prophesied in the Bible. And there is Joshua Witter, avowed atheist.

They need each other.

At least some people think so -- those willing to pay Witter to be their post-apocalyptic postman, delivering cards and letters to their non-believing friends, relatives and neighbors who will be left behind when the Day of Reckoning arrives.

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:02:37 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Witter may be the fastest "convert" once the Family has left this place! Tough luck for him and I sure don't want to compete with Santa Claus for mail. ;-) As for those paying him money to deliver their, er, final messages... better they just seal it in an envelope now and mark it. That's what we're going to do... just in case! It'll probably begin with, "I told you so!"
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:57:27 AM(UTC)
kp

The entrepreneurial spirit lives! Here's a guy who's willing to bet his very life that his business plan is valid. It's what Yada (back in our Value America days) used to call "having skin in the game." He thinks it's all a big joke, of course, but what he doesn't know can hurt him---big time. What would happen if we believers were all willing to "bet our lives" like this on our beliefs? The world might be a very different place.

kp
Offline edStueart  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:39:09 AM(UTC)
edStueart

kp wrote:
What would happen if we believers were all willing to "bet our lives" like this on our beliefs?

Would it be moral to refinance my home mortgage for a 30 year term, knowing that I will not be here to pay off the note?
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:30:32 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
edStueart wrote:
Would it be moral to refinance my home mortgage for a 30 year term, knowing that I will not be here to pay off the note?

Wouldn't they just pass your debt to your next of kin to pay off?
Offline kp  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:27:38 PM(UTC)
kp

edStueart asks: "Would it be moral to refinance my home mortgage for a 30 year term, knowing that I will not be here to pay off the note?" I just did that very thing, and rapture or no rapture, I will not be around to pay it off. (I have no intention of living to 93.) Is it moral? I'd say it's morally neutral, since, as Matthew points out, both the equity and the debt will pass to my heirs. But it is good stewardship---paying less in interest in whatever time I've got left.

But eS makes a very good point (between the lines, anyway :-). We should all live as if we knew it was all about to end ('cause it is). The pundits on the TV news moan that our fiscal irresponsibility today will be laid on the backs of the "next" generations. And I just want to scream: What next generations? If they don't meet Yahweh now---within the next few years---they never will. The budget will be the least of their problems. Yes, we should be good stewards of our financial resources, but we should be even better stewards of our chronological resources, because the time is running out faster than the money is.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:05:19 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I've often wondered about this morality as we have several mortgages... and no kids to pass them on to. ;-)) And we've covered ourselves with insurance so that the properties will be paid off and can go to the beneficiaries. The big question is whether to manage the cash flow best or to reduce the interest payments to the banks. Be that as it may, we are still deep in Babylon's quagmire and hooked into their mortgage system and financing. Should we divest, owe no debts and move on to a quieter place (assuming that there is such a place in the near future)? Or should we play the game, hold on to the properties, rent them out and pay the banks until maturity? Been seriously wondering about this for a while. We don't wish to pass the debt buck, and we want to print out everything on YY and archive it on disk and put it into an easy-to-access spot for whomever. Meanwhile, like I've been chatting with Robski, I put out little clues to cue people into conversation. That's the least we can do to pass the time meaningfully even as we try to follow Abba Yahweh better. I'm even contemplating hanging up a shofar on the wall in my shop to initiate enquiries!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.