logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 6:46:40 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Psalm 14:

Quote:
1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

2 Yahweh looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

3 All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

4 Will evildoers never learn— those who devour my people as men eat bread and who do not call on Yahweh?

5 There they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous.

6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor, but Yahweh is their refuge.

7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When Yahweh restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

Is this an End Time prophecy, especially with the growth of Humanism in these Last Days? I think so.
Offline In His Name  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 7:27:14 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It certainly speaks of today. PSA 12 has the same flavor.

Mathew Henry's commentary on this book of psalms presents it as defining Godly and wicked men.

The verses almost take turns presenting Godly and wicked aspects of men.

So while I think it is certainly descriptive of evil in our own time (and we certainly have many who fit the descriptions). It is also a generalized statement of good vs evil that has been true throughout time.

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 10:15:21 AM(UTC)
kp

Quote:
7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When Yahweh restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

While most of the Psalm is true in a general sense (which makes it especially true in our time) verse 7 is definitely eschatological. I missed that one in FH. Nice find.

kp