logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dodi  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:30:20 AM(UTC)
dodi
Woman

I just thought of something. With all the theories out there regarding the rapture, tribulation period, etc. One large point that pre-trib followers use to back up their theory is how the Word says that the Restrainer (Holy Spirit) must be removed before the AC is revealed thus showing that all believers will be removed since the Holy Spirit won't be here anymore.

Question -

Before the out pouring of the Spirit during Pentecost wasn't there believers on Earth? The answer would be yes, of course. Then why is it assumed that in the end times that just because the Holy Spirit is removed that all believers will be removed also?

Another question -

Where does it say that the Restrainer that will be removed before the revealing of the AC is in fact the Holy Spirit? I've read in the past that this restrainer is actually Michael the Ark Angel.

Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:43:30 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Both Yada (Yada) and KP make excellent work on validating the Rapture being Pre-Tribulation. Ken covers it in Future History in many places, but most notably chapter 8, called Getting All Caught Up. He also mentions in odd places where even the Torah discusses the Rapture, check out Mitvah #568 in chapter 15 of TOM vol. 1. Also read chapter 10 and the section concerning the Feast of Trumpets of TOM vol. 2. Also read Yada's chapter called Taruw'ah, chapter 7, under the section called Called-Out Assemblies in Yada Yahweh.

Tha Rapture is on, and it is Pre-Trib!

Nevertheless,

God's Spirit resides within believers, and He's promised never to leave us nor forsake us. If the Spirit goes, then it leaves us forsaken, God cannot contradict Himself.

I'm not sure of the exact role of the Spirit in the Old Covenant but I know David had the Spirit, even Saul had the Spirit too, and it departed him, and an evil spirit came over him in the Spirit's place.

I know I didn't answer your questions fully, Dodi, but Yada and KP have done extensive studies in this field and have covered it from numerous, if not all, angles, and one is left certain that the Feast of Trumpets is the commonly called Rapture of the Saints. Many Messianics preach against the Rapture but I've yet to come across one that can provide solid grounds in support of their argument, many dismissing it simply because "I don't like it!"
Offline dodi  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:08:35 PM(UTC)
dodi
Woman

The writings of Yada and KP are great. I'm not 100% for or 100% against the rapture happening. I guess I can say that right now I'm confused. There are so many great points for both the rapture and no rapture. I can't say I agree with the other rapture theories though (mid-trib, post trib, etc.) Pre-trib is the only type of rapture theory that I agree with the most.

I'm just trying to figure things out. My thought right now is this - Whatever is Yahweh's will (rapture/no rapture) I'm fine with it. Yeah, it will be very nice if we are taken from this world and not have to endure the 2nd half of the trib but whatever happens I'm happy just to be with Yahweh and Yeshua.

Have a question.

You're not the first one to mention that Yahweh's Spirit resides within believers, and He's promised never to leave us nor forsake us. If the Spirit goes, then it leaves us forsaken, Yahweh cannot contradict Himself.

How does it leave us forsaken if the spirit is not in us? Isn't Yahweh with us in other ways? His word says that He places His Word in our hearts and minds. It doesn't say that He gives it to the Holy Spirit to hold for us.

Am I just getting more confused?
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:08:41 PM(UTC)
kp

Good questions, Dodi, ones that have caused confusion and consternation for a couple of thousand years now. The first one is simple enough. We read in John 14:16-17, "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever, even the Spirit of Truth...." So unless Yahshua is a liar, the Spirit can't be removed from the earth leaving living believers behind. On rapture day + one, there won't be a single follower of Yahweh alive on the planet, but that's not to say no one will come to faith after that time. Revelation 3 makes it clear that after the "saints" of Philadelphia are gone (kept out of the hour of temptation that will come upon the whole earth), the ekklesia of Laodicea will be given their second chance---to "acquire gold tried in the fire" from Yahshua, to don the garments of light (imputed righteousness), and to have their spiritual blindness cured---in other words, to accept Yahshua's invitation to "hear His voice" and "open the door" to Him. These latecomers, being part of the ekklesia, will be (as promised in John 14) indwelled with God's Spirit. But they won't come to enjoy that status until after the Spirit has "caught up" the Philidelphian believers.

Your second question is trickier. Who is the "restrainer?" It is not Michael, for the simple reason that angels are servants of Yahweh, not spiritual police. The word (from the Greek aggelos) literally means messengers. Nowhere are they tasked with making human beings behave themselves, for that would violate our freedom of choice. Granted, there is a fine line between protecting God's people (something angels do) and restraining the evil of godless men. A more logical (and far more prevalent) view is that "the restrainer" is the church. Then we need to define what we mean by the word. If it's the ekklesia, the "called-out" of Yahshua, then the argument is a moot point, for God's Spirit dwells within us---and is restraining evil through us. So we're back to square one: if the Spirit leaves, the called-out folks must leave as well. It's tantamount to being the same thing. (Note that the cultural influence of God's people restrains evil by its very presence, not by restricting freedom of choice, but by making us examples of God's love on earth---representatives of the Spirit.) But if the "church" is christendom in general, the wheat and the tares growing together in the field, then all I can say is as an entity, they've done a terrible job of restraining evil in the world. They're far more often part of the evil than the restraining influence. To my mind, the only candidate that makes any sense at all is that the restrainer is the Ruach Qodesh, the Holy Spirit of Yahweh.

kp
Offline dodi  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:21:57 PM(UTC)
dodi
Woman

:)

kp - you answered exactly when I posted again.

Thank you for your response. It makes a lot of sense and has helped a lot.

John 14:16-17 was a great answer.

Offline Yahshuaslavejeff  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:24:40 AM(UTC)
Yahshuaslavejeff

Good, thank you.
also, if you can find it (more rare than very fine gold),
the 'restrainer' is not 'removed'...
rather
the disobedient one who will not ever and cannot repent
is fully 'birthed' on earth - the worse time on earth ever in history.
the translations that suppose a restrainer is removed
do just that - suppose, they don't translate.
no where else is/are the words translated with that meaning (of something being removed)...
always the idea/meaning is the birth of something or someone.
thus the most difficult times, the worse time on earth
is
when the enemy is fully birthed.
and
as always
only the little ones who trust and obey Yahvah are kept from being deceived.

http://www.velocity.net/~edju/restrain5.htm

Offline Matthew  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 4:55:45 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Prophet speaks wrote:
There is no such thing as a pre-tribulation rapture. You will notice in Revelation 7:14 and also in Revelation 14:3 it tells us where these folks "came out of" - the earth.

Israel goes to the wilderness where a place is prepared (Rev 12). The believers that are left are "wron down" (saints worn out).

When the Messiah returns the dead in Christ are still NOT raised yet. There are events that still must happen.

When folks do not see this they do not see this.

Welcome to the forum Prophet speaks!

Can I suggest you read the thread Answering "Port-Trib" Rapture advocates and then respond why you feel a pre-trib rapture is out of the question. If you have time please read Future History by Ken Power (kp), it's available free to read online. This forum was setup mainly for readers of the books by kp (Future History and The Owner's Manual) and Yada (Yada Yahweh and Prophet of Doom). You are more than welcome to continue posting without reading their books (all free online) but it will help you understand where we are coming from.
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:55:11 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Prophet speaks wrote:
I did not know that is why this forum was setup. Regardless of what their books say I can tell you there is no pre trib rapture. Just as the book "Left behind" is total fiction.

Prophet speaks, have a look at Future History please, even if you just browse it, at least try review the appendix chronology sections at the end. They provide an excellent summary about the order of events.

Prophet speaks wrote:
If you want to correspond with me personally on this give me your email address and I will write you.

Give us a go on the forum instead, at least for now, because I agree with most people on the forum and you would usually get a quick and adequate response. If you really want you more than welcome to send a Personal Message through the forum, but try post in the forum instead as it's specifically created to learn and study together as a family. Try read the thread "Answering "Post-Trib" Rapture advocates" as it is a good thread regarding debunking the post-trib theory, if you have any questions after reading it then feel free to respond.

And so far on this thread I agree with Swalchy's comment and don't feel a need to add anything extra.
Offline bitnet  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:05:34 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Prophet speaks, practically all your questions are answered in the books on www.yadayahweh.com which is the primary site to visit and read before people join in this forum. Read the books there, as almost all of us have, and perhaps you may receive a greater clarity of understanding. It took me two years to read before I made my first post, but you may learn a lot faster with your zeal, and the folks here are more than happy to seek out any query you may have that is yet unanswered satisfactorily. But please enquire openly without a premeditated motive, as a child would when enquiring about the stars and the trees and the bees. I had questions myself as I had received other prior information the way you probably received yours, but I was completely open to learn and understand ALL of Scripture, and the people here are just as keen on getting things right rather than promote a religion or error.

We have no rabbis, no priests, no liturgies, no formal organization. We are, quite simply, wandering sheep following the voice of The Creator and clarifying His instructions as we flock to Him. We are wary of the wolves around us and do not want to be part of any religious organisation. We have no motives other than to learn His Word and do as He says as we want to belong to Him. Stick with us a while and possibly all of your questions will be answered. But the best place to get them answered is to read the books at www.yadayahweh.com NOW. You may also find that many of us here are not so "politically correct" with our words but we do observe a modicum of decency and the moderators would not condone improper conduct, which includes promoting religious ideologies. Not accusing you of anything but just want you to be aware. By the way, your nick -- Prophet speaks -- seems rather presumptuous of one who is seeking as it declares oneself to be with authority. No offense meant but just curious why you use this nick.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 2:11:15 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

To me a Jew in an Israelite, same thing. Born a Jew, always a Jew, regardless of religion. Heck, I'm South African, will always be. I'm a Gentile, will always be. But can I also be a Yahudi (Related to Yah), from the tribe of Judah? Yes I can, in the spiritual sense, but not in the physical.

Prophet speaks wrote:
The book only describes a 3 1/2 year period too - not a 7 year period.

I'm not sure if I get you on this, are you saying the flight of the Jews is 3 and half years long or that the Tribulation is 3 and half years long? To me Daniel 9 confirms the flight occurs halfway into the Tribulation, and Yahshua confirms the reason why in Matthew 24. That Antichrist will set himself up as God in the Tribulation temple (which is not the glorious temple specified by Ezekiel), this causes Jews/Israelites/possible-Gentile-believers-living-in-the-land-too to flee into the wilderness. This happens at the mid-point of the Tribulation.

Prophet speaks wrote:
Israel is going to the wilderness for 3 1/2 years it says. They do not go to be raptured to heaven. What would ANYONE do in heaven? Who would they talk to? The harpers? The angels? What would you say?

Rapture is pre-trib, the last possible year for it to happen is 2026. Believers in Yahshua get spared of the trial coming upon the whole earth.

The Tribulation commences in 2026, and ends in 2033. Saved-survivors through the Tribulation do not get Raptured when Yahweh appears, they continue in their mortals forms on earth, they'll repopulate the earth. Non-believers who make it to the end will die at His appearance in fullness. Yahweh returns with His saints by His side.

Prophet speaks, how about Leviticus 14:33-53? Check the priest first removing those within the house (hint, hint, Rapture), he then shuts the house for seven days (hint, hint, Tribulation will last 7 years long, 2520 days exactly), anyone who happens to be in the house during the seven days needs to become clean (hint, hint, people can come to salvation during the Tribulation), and plus all the other little bits within the passage are extremely prophetic if one just looks a little deeper than the surface. Read point 568 here: http://theownersmanual.n...Torah?usterms=568#search

There is a Pre-Trib Rapture, even Isaiah 57 records it.
Offline James  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 4:52:37 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I think a lot of the confusion on the Jew/Israelite thing comes from the fact that Jew is both a religion and an ethnicity. A Messianic Jew was born a Jew, both in ethnicity and religion, but changed religions, so he is now a Messianic by religion, but ethnically still a Jew. Just as one may be born an American and a Catholic, but converts to Protestantism, he is still and American, his ethnicity has not changes, only his Religion. So ethnically David was a Jew, as he was from the tribe of Judah/Yahudah. Prophet Speaks this argument was laid out for me by a Rabbi many years ago, so there is at least some, if not much, debate in the Jewish community on it, especially when it comes to Messianic Jews.

Prophet Speaks you have listed a long list of things you say are wrong with Future History, but you have yet to make an argument for why yo9u think they are wrong, or where his logic his flawed, I would be interested in hearing such an argument, because I fail to see a flaw in his logic, and saying something is wrong does not make it so. I look forward to reading your argument against his conclusions.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline James  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 9:58:04 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I have spoke with many orthodox rabbi's and not one has ever denied that a Messianic Jew is not Jewish by their ethnicity, they don't like the term Messianic Jew because they feel that that is a religious use of the term and that the Messianic Jews are not religious Jews, and should not use the term in a religious way. You can't say that they are ethnically Israeli since many of these people have never even been to Israel and have as much in common with an Israeli as they do with a Asian. Jew is an ethnicity, and you can not change your ethnicity. A good way to think about is a to have Religion Ethnicity, so a Messianic Jew is a Messianic by Religion, and a Jew by ethnicity, so you could say a Jewish Jew is a member of the Jewish religion, and ethnically a Jew.

And even if Orthodox rabbis don't consider Messianic Jews to be Jewish they don't get to decide. As proof a Messianic Jew can still apply for a Minority Scholarship as a Jew at any college in America.

No one can change there ethnicity no matter if they want to or others of there ethnicity wants them to.

Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:16:47 PM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Shalom friends,

With all this talk about whom or what is a "jew", have we forgotten what the scriptures say on the matter? I think we must not forget Rom.2:26-29 "Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? For he IS NOT a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he IS a Jew, which is one INWARDLY; and circumcision is that of the HEART, in the SPIRIT, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of Yahuweh.

It seems that a TRUE JEW is one that has washed by the Spirit of Yah, received a new heart, and a new spirit from Yah as spoken of in Ezek.36:25-27 " Then will I sprinkle clean water (receiving the gospel calling) upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart (the stone which the mosaic law was written) out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh (the writing of the law of faith). And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

A jew is one that has become a new creature, born from above by Yahuweh, and keeps his law. It doesn't matter of what tribe your from or of whoms seed, those that Elohim says is a jew is a jew.
Offline Matthew  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:36:27 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

And by using the Word TRUTH B-TOLD has solved the "who is a Jew" mystery!

*great post TBT!

Let's move on with the topic...
Offline Prophet speaks  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:30:17 PM(UTC)
Prophet speaks

Hey Matthew........My 5th day here? Almost banned? :)

As I looked at some of the other topics and letters I realize I have run into a hornet's nest here. Really. When I Googled "religious chat rooms" and this came up I had no idea who you guys were, what you talked about, and how deep you guys are until tonight when I looked at some of the past letters and other topics going on. I came straight to the forum area and started yacking away. However, seems like we are all in a similar vein of thought. That is encouraging. Just a thought.

And, no comments on my Revelation take yet? Hmmmmm. Where are the Rapture folks?
Offline kp  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:59:27 PM(UTC)
kp

Religious chat rooms? You're joking, right? This place is about as anti-religious as you can get, though we all share a deep and abiding reverence for Yahweh and His Messiah. I guess the world doesn't know the difference.

Forgive us (well, me, anyway) for not responding to your post-trib assertions. It's just that that myth has been disproved so often and so thoroughly that it's become a tiresome chore to do it all again. Believe what you want about it, but please, if Yahshua comes back for us one of these days---some Yom Teruah in the next 17 years---don't refuse to go with us just because of a philosophical difference of opinion. Being wrong about the timing of the rapture is not a deal breaker, and it shouldn't stand in the way of our fellowship.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 2:10:26 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Prophet speaks wrote:
And, no comments on my Revelation take yet? Hmmmmm. Where are the Rapture folks?

Have a look at this link, you'll see a number of threads discussing all things rapture: http://www.yadanews.com/...x?g=topics&f=31& Also, throughout the website there are loads of threads discussing the Rapture, some threads are under the wrong sections, and some threads have turned into a Rapture discussion going way off the original topic. Hence why KP said it's become a chore to disprove it yet again on the website. Both KP and Yada go into great depths to explain the Rapture, they have long chapters dedicated to it. When you read their books you're left convinced they have explained it the way Scripture intends us to understand it.

I have been through your posts, I just don't know where to start, plus it takes me quite a long time to write a post, especially in response to your lengthy post so I naturally become demotivated, especially when I have other things to do, like work and emailing family. Plus I feel a need to reread FH (Future History) in order to better deal with prophecy and all things about the Tribulation, but at the moment I have a few other books on my table that I'm working through.
Offline James  
#18 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 4:41:57 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Prophet speaks wrote:

As I looked at some of the other topics and letters I realize I have run into a hornet's nest here. Really. When I Googled "religious chat rooms" and this came up I had no idea who you guys were, what you talked about, and how deep you guys are until tonight when I looked at some of the past letters and other topics going on. I came straight to the forum area and started yacking away. However, seems like we are all in a similar vein of thought.

I could tell from your writing that we had more in common than in difference. I'm glad you have taken the time to read the ideas and opinions of the forum. I and I'm sure everyone else here laughed at the idea that you found us googling Religious Forums, as we are far from religious.

I would caution you that in the future you may want to understand your audience before you begin. Had this been a religious forum the likeliness of your audience listening to your argument would have flown out the door immediately, as it was obvious that you where not interested in dialoging and had no idea what the people you where talking to believed. While most everyone here is open to challenges and confrontation most religious people need to be eased into it more, because they do tend to get defensive and shut out arguments they don't want to hear, I speak from experience. I used to go at chirstian's much the same way you seem to, pointing out everything that is wrong right off the bat, and getting in there face about it. I found that a very counterproductive method. I would recommend in the future when you enter religious chats that you try to learn about the people, and develop a rapport with them, they will be much more open to listening to your ideas.

Understanding is what we all seek, and helping others understand is one of our goals, we must be carefull how we go about it lest we drive people away.

KP wrote:
Believe what you want about it, but please, if Yahshua comes back for us one of these days---some Yom Teruah in the next 17 years---don't refuse to go with us just because of a philosophical difference of opinion. Being wrong about the timing of the rapture is not a deal breaker, and it shouldn't stand in the way of our fellowship.

Well stated with your usual wit and insight KP.